PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think.....(Taboo Tuesday Spoiler)

Shaggy
10-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Does anyone else think that Ric Flair should of won that cage match? I think he should of. It was a pretty damn good match. Sure what happened afterward sets forward some good things to come but still. We saw the Old Flair tonight in that ring. His match was better than all the other matches of the night. Dont get me wrong...im a big Orton fan. I was a fan back when he was a heel but still. Flair should of gotten the win on that one.

McLegend
10-20-2004, 12:38 AM
And Kill Orton's push again.

No I think Orton should of won. Flair was passing it down tonight.(Whatever it is)

HeartBreakMan2k
10-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Nah, it was Orton's time. From a business stand point, Orton getting the win over Flair does a lot more for potential profit and business than Flair going over Orton. Flair going over Orton does nothing but makes someone who doesn't need a win, get one and kill Orton's push. I do think WWE dropped the ball here. Why give Orton such an important win on a show that next to no one is watching. Had this been a major PPV, Orton could have been made with that match.

Corkscrewed
10-20-2004, 12:47 AM
No, Orton had to win. Either pass the porch or have Orton get back some credibility by "killing a legend." Either way works... I just wonder how Evolution will fare, because they can't really do the "New Evolution vs Old Guard" possibility now, since Flair vouches for Orton.

Whatever.

Mayo
10-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Flair put on a good match? :eek: I know he used to be great, but lately he's just been pretty boring to watch. Kudos to the dirtiest player in the game :y:

Favre4Ever
10-20-2004, 01:50 AM
It was a solid match, Orton sells like a king too.

Innovator
10-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Orton needed to win that match, to begin his road to WM 21

Anybody Thrilla
10-20-2004, 02:11 AM
Yeah, that match was tits.

And I don't just mean the saggy ones on Flair's chest.

Jorgha
10-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Either pass the porch or have Orton get back some credibility by "killing a legend."

How big is the porch that they were passing?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It was an amusing typo...then again, I am not coherent yet this morning.

LK
10-20-2004, 11:59 AM
What do people think is next for Flair? An idea of mine is that he is kicked out of Evolution and him and Orton will put together a team (lets just say Jericho and Benjamin) to face HHH and Batista who also put together a team (maybe Christian and Tomko) and they face at Survivor Series where Orton beats HHH and that really starts the road ot WM 21 as Orton beats Batista at Armagedon, wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to beat HHH at WM 21.

Loose Cannon
10-20-2004, 03:04 PM
You put Flair over Orton and you have completely killed Orton. If they did that, then they could forget about the fans even caring about him anymore.

Azriel
10-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Big ups to Flair for "passing the torch" to Orton

CosaNostra
10-20-2004, 03:10 PM
You put Flair over Orton and you have completely killed Orton. If they did that, then they could forget about the fans even caring about him anymore.

So true. Flair had nothing to gain by winning and Orton had everything to lose by losing.

addy2hotty
10-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Thought it was Flair's best match for a long time. I can see him retiring as an in-ring presence now, especially as he's allegedly carring injuries as well. If he does leave Evolution, perhaps a role as Orton's mentor is on the cards

Shaggy
10-21-2004, 01:09 AM
I guess I was the only one who thought that....I do agree that it would of put back Ortons push but atleast they could of come out of it saying that the match made the old Naitch come back and then sorta do the same thing that happened last time on raw but instead of Naitch hitting Orton he would hit Triple H.

The CyNick
10-21-2004, 01:18 AM
I haven't seen the match as of yet, but the thought of Orton selling for Flair for more than a minute doesn't sit right with me, let alone having Flair beat him.

Flair didn't "pass the torch" BTW, thats like saying Hogan passed the torch to Rocky at Mania 18. Neither guy had the "torch" to pass it to.

The good thing they seemed to do is align Flair with Orton. Orton is not as over as they'd like, so you stick him with a guy everyone likes, and hopefully the fans will accept Orton as the top baby on RAW.