PDA

View Full Version : To Anyone With X-BOX

JT
01-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Do you think it would be worth it for me to buy an X-Box? My newest video game system is an N64 (so I could use an upgrade) and the X-Box does seem impresive, but I'm still not sure.

Since you guys own one though, I want to get your opinions.

Head
01-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I have a PS2 and Gamecube, but don't have X-box, however I have played it quite a bit.

It is definatly the most powerful of the three systems, and has the coolest features such as a built in hardrive and being able to play you're own music during gameplay. Online play is fantastic, better than that on the PS2, although not as many games are online for X-Box and you have to pay a yearly fee for it, while for the PS2, you simply buy the modem and use whatever internet you have. Most third party games get to X-Box eventually, and they are usually a little bit better than the PS2 and Gamecube versions, but you have to wait another year or two most of the time. I would probably give Gamecube an edge over X-Box in terms of quality of games though, simply because of the first party Nintendo games, which in my opinion are the best games out on the market (if you are looking for mostly single player, offline play). Also keep in mind that the X-Box is about $80 more expensive than the GC.

It all depends on what you are looking for, but I would definatly recremend buying a new system.

el fregadero
01-03-2004, 02:52 PM
<font color=teal>PS2.</font>

Vega
01-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah, It's worth getting. I know 3 people that got one just this Christmas.

Sephiroth
01-03-2004, 04:46 PM
I got a PS2 and a Gamecube, i just don't want a XBOX.

Bad Guy
01-03-2004, 04:47 PM
If you like online games I'd say this is your only choice. PS2 is good if you like playing solo likewise for gamecube, but ps2 has the variety. Xbox really too isn't good offline...

MrMeJW
01-03-2004, 06:42 PM
i bought an Xbox yesterday. I have a gamecube and a ps2. I traded in a bunch of old games and with my discount it worked out to be free. I am just going to mod it and make it into a media center

Jonster
01-04-2004, 02:15 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">I have all 3 of the big consoles, and can say that I play my Xbox the most at the moment, mostly due to Project Gotham Racing 2
Animal Crossing's my 2nd most played (god bless importing).
Anyways, Live is absolutely brilliant, and well worth the subscription fee.
PGR2, as an example, has online racing, and a scoreboard for every single player race, and challenge. These scoreboards are automatically accessed if you're connected to Live while playing it. They have every player's kudos score for the race, and you can download the top 10's ghost to watch, or to race against, to help you get a high score also.
Basically Live has completely changed around my gaming habits, before I never used to play my Xbox much, but the added features make it more fun.
Erm, I lost my train of thought then, got distracted, but I may post something else later...</font>

Purgatory
01-05-2004, 11:15 AM
I got an XBox for christmas and enjoy it thoroughly. I got the GTA Double Pack with it as well. Two of the Greatest Games I've ever played, IMO. Although it doesn't have the vast library of games that the PS2 has. it's a got it's share of nice ones. Frequent and abundant Disc Read errors on the PS2 have made me lean away from buying one. I rented a PS2 from Hollywood Video awhile back and had all sorts of Disc Read errors. The only way I could get it to work efficiently was to not turn it off while I had it. I brought it back after a couple of days and had my money refunded. Since then, they've stopped renting them out. However, the PS2 games that I have gotten to play were very good, so to each his own. Go with whatever system suits you, all are pretty good.

The Snake
01-05-2004, 01:07 PM
a few months ago i would have said no to getting an xbox. I've owned one for over a year now and was pretty disappointed. But recently they seem to be stepping up again. Your big deciding factor should be to look at the exclusive releases of each system and see which of those are more in your interest range.

Xbox has the Halo series and more often than not comes out with the games that are for all 3 systems later than the other 2. Often though the improvement in the look of the game is worth waiting for. The new Return of the King game for example is absolutley amazing looking on xbox. While the PS 2 version of the same game seems a little choppy looking and less detailed when i played it at my friends. I'll also throw in, since this is a wrestling site that Xbox wrestling games are the tiest ever. Even the new Raw 2 is a disapointment after they promised to deliver something to make up for the first one. If you don't believe me, look at how its price dropped from 49.99 to 29.99 new right away and the number of used copies in EB games for resale already.

Gamecube is just pure fun. Mario games own 90% of the time and you won't see those on any other system.

PS2 still gets the majority of the cool exclusive titles in my opinion. They have the biggest library of fighting games. And they get all the releases from Rockstar games first. They also seem to have dibs on the Final Fantasy series and Tekken which makes up quite a following.

Jeremy Christian
01-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Gamecube-
Pros: Small Size, great graphics, connectivity to GBA
Cons:Underrated, now need memory cards

PS2-
Pros: DVD Player, Password Protect DVD movies, play old PSOne Games and use old cards and controllers
Cons: Large, Two Player unless you have the multi-tap.

XBOX-
Pros: Harddrive, Memory Card option, Put your own music on there to listen to
Cons: Large, No RAM what so ever, gets Bill Gates richer

I damn Bill Gates to an infernal Hell where he must create free Linux operating system scripts on a Macintosh computer.

Purgatory
01-18-2004, 09:55 AM
a few months ago i would have said no to getting an xbox. I've owned one for over a year now and was pretty disappointed. But recently they seem to be stepping up again. Your big deciding factor should be to look at the exclusive releases of each system and see which of those are more in your interest range.

Xbox has the Halo series and more often than not comes out with the games that are for all 3 systems later than the other 2. Often though the improvement in the look of the game is worth waiting for. The new Return of the King game for example is absolutley amazing looking on xbox. While the PS 2 version of the same game seems a little choppy looking and less detailed when i played it at my friends. I'll also throw in, since this is a wrestling site that Xbox wrestling games are the tiest ever. Even the new Raw 2 is a disapointment after they promised to deliver something to make up for the first one. If you don't believe me, look at how its price dropped from 49.99 to 29.99 new right away and the number of used copies in EB games for resale already.

Gamecube is just pure fun. Mario games own 90% of the time and you won't see those on any other system.

PS2 still gets the majority of the cool exclusive titles in my opinion. They have the biggest library of fighting games. And they get all the releases from Rockstar games first. They also seem to have dibs on the Final Fantasy series and Tekken which makes up quite a following.

Actually, according to Rockstar's site, XBox got Max Payne 2 first. Come to think of it, I think they got the first one first as well. However, having Vice City come out on the PS2 first, actually did the Xbox release alot of good. The graphics for the XBox version are a far sight better:y:

The Diva
01-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Get it. Alot of games are multi-platform and they usually tend to be better all around on the X-Box. Plus most of the X-Box only games are really good, yes there are some hits and misses, but that's on all systems. People need to get over the whole Bill Gates thing, the system is worth it.

Goldeneye#1
01-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Id go with and xbox. it is very impressive, there are things that you could do with an xbox that you could do with an ps2. like download music on to the xbox and use it for your superstars on raw2. there are lots more things but the choice is yours.

Smitty
01-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Get it. Alot of games are multi-platform and they usually tend to be better all around on the X-Box. Plus most of the X-Box only games are really good, yes there are some hits and misses, but that's on all systems. People need to get over the whole Bill Gates thing, the system is worth it.

Yeah, X-Box is the shit. This Bill Gates thing is friggin stupid. C'mon now, how many people are currently running on Windows, and then post, I don't want to make Bill Gates richer.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Xbox is a great console. I have a Box and a PS2, I find both are good for different things. Some games on Xbox are a waste, but others (KOTOR, Halo, DOA3 to name a few IMO) are great games.