PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this to me (ratings related)

Dave Youell
10-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Can someone explain to me that when the Smackdown ratings are at their lowest the management blame Eddie and take the belt off him, yet when Raw has the lowest non holiday rating for OVER 5 FUCKING YEARS, they blame Monday Night Football and the Yankies Vs Red Sox, yet last year at the exact same time there would of been the same situation and pulled much better ratings, yet they keep with the current champ?

That just confusses me

Lara Emily
10-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Well SD goes up against what? The baseball game was hugely important and well MNF is MNF, even MNF had low ratings soooo it's not totally unbelieveable that the baseball and MNF played a part.

Molly fan 25
10-21-2004, 06:44 AM
I knew monday after noon that Raw's rating would be low, the Yankee's Red Sox was a very popular game, I even watched it instead of Raw.

Dave Youell
10-21-2004, 06:49 AM
OK so last year around the same time there were no playoffs then?

And MNF football had the lowest ratings in years last monday

Aussie Skier
10-21-2004, 06:50 AM
i thought american football was on strike or something?

Lara Emily
10-21-2004, 06:50 AM
OK so last year around the same time there were no playoffs then?

And MNF football had the lowest ratings in years last monday
There might not have been and even if there was it would not have been as important as this game.

Dave Youell
10-21-2004, 06:56 AM
OK, but the fact still remains that RAw would have to deal with these types of clashes all the time with a number of other shows that bring in high ratings, in much the same respect that Smackdown has to deal with the high rating prime time shows like Friends etc.

It's still not a valid excuse IMO

Lara Emily
10-21-2004, 06:57 AM
OK, but the fact still remains that RAw would have to deal with these types of clashes all the time with a number of other shows that bring in high ratings, in much the same respect that Smackdown has to deal with the high rating prime time shows like Friends etc.

A one time clash like this is different.

Funky Fly
10-21-2004, 05:51 PM
i thought american football was on strike or something?
That's hockey.

BigDaddyCool
10-21-2004, 07:21 PM

See, Friends and Wrestling have different audiences, or as we like to say in business, demographics. Now wrestling and the nfl or world series attract the same demographics. And monday night was a huge night for sports, and wrestling is on all week every week, and it is very easy to figure out what happened and what not, play a ppv would be on the next night. So why waste time watching wrestling when you have to flip between 3 other games.

Plus, as said before, this was just one time it was really low, while Smackdown was consitantly low. That and Smackdown is the B show.

The CyNick
10-21-2004, 11:02 PM
All excuses for low TV ratings are pathetic.

SD goes up against the toughest line-up in the week, so you could use that as an excuse, but then what do you say during the summer?

Same thing with RAW, they really only go up against Football for a few months, and baseball playoffs for a few weeks, but what do you blame for the rest of the year?

If the WWE was making compelling TV, FOX and ABC would be making up excuses why the baseball playoffs and MNF are doing low ratings.

Nark Order
10-22-2004, 12:03 AM
I knew monday after noon that Raw's rating would be low, the Yankee's Red Sox was a very popular game, I even watched it instead of Raw.
Me too.

Awesome game.

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2004, 05:28 PM
*bump*

Raw's rating went up this week to like 3.7 over all from last weeks 3.0. That just help proves the point that the low rating was partly due to Monday night football, World Series, and all that other crap.

Afterlife
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM
But still mostly Triple H. :P

JJ Moore
10-28-2004, 07:50 PM
lol