PDA

View Full Version : GameCube games

SuperSlim
10-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Are there any good ones out there cause as of right now I am almost sick of the system and I only had it for like two or three weeks. I need more games but I don't want to pick up some lame piece of crap for it.

so if there are any good games for the system then coula ya be so kind as to name them.

Xero
10-21-2004, 11:11 AM
LOZ: Wind Waker I liked, most people hated it for the graphics, but it's got good gameplay IMHO...

If you can get your hands on them, get either LOZ: Ocarina of Time Master Quest or The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition... Both were promotions, but you may be able to get them used from EBay or Gamestop or EBGames... OOT: MQ includes OOT from N64 and the "remix" version from Japan... The Collector's Edition comes with LOZ, LOZ2: The Adventures of Link, OOT, and Majora's Mask... I'd personally go for the Collector's Edition...

If you're into classic games, there's the Maga Man Aniversery Collection and the Sonic Mega Collection... And Sonic Adventure 1&2... (Both from the Dreamcast, 1 has some Game Gear games)

Super Smash Brother Melee is good, I was never into it, but it's a good fighter type game...

Then there's Metroid Prime and Prime 2 when it's out... I never liked it, but everyone seems to love it...

I'm sure that there are others, but these are the games I personally have played and have...

Y2Ant
10-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Zelda: Wind Waker, Zelda Collector's Edition, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

and Donkey Konga :shifty:

Jonster
10-21-2004, 01:51 PM
I'd vouch for Donkey Konga :$

Oh and Animal Crossing comes to mind - that hasn't been mentioned.

Xero
10-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, Animal Crossing is great, but it's very time consuming... You need to play it every day - every other day... Otherwise, things go to shit...

Mr. Monday Morning
10-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Viewtiful motherfuckin' Joe

Funky Fly
10-21-2004, 06:19 PM
And the Gamecube has the best version of Soul Calibur 2. Link all up in your face, bitches. Eternal Darkness was pretty good shit, Resident Evil is like 783245689765 times better on the GC. Paper Mario 2 is out and from the demo I played, it could be decent for a coupleof nights. Super Mario Sunshine was supposed to be alright. LoZ: 4 Sword is supposed to be good shit too. Phantasy Star Online: Episodes 1 & 2 Plus is out and that's hiellified addictive.

road doggy dogg
10-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee - If you don't like this game, get some friends, then you will

Metroid Prime - excellent single-player awesomeness. Prime 2 is due out soon, so you might wanna pick up the first (maybe find it cheap somewhere) to see what all the hype was about and learn the story or whatever

LoZ: Wind Waker - I personally didn't enjoy this nearly as much as past Zelda games. IMO, it tried something new, and failed big time. I'm not just talking about the cel-shading either. I didn't mind the cel-shading, I thought it gave the game a good look. I just found WW far too easy, and really short. I mean, Christ, there were only like 3 temples, if that. I can't even remember. And don't even get me started on the endless sailing. I mean, yeah, it's cool when you're sailing and a huge squid pops up and you get to battle it, but other than that there's not a whole lot of excitement to it. If you're a hardcore LoZ fan you should get it, but otherwise I dunno, not that great. Still a somewhat solid game thouh if you're a fan of adventure-type games.

Animal Crossing - This game has sucked the most time out of my life since Diablo II (and if anybody here knows me, that is a fucking lot of time) It's such a simple game, yet strangely addicting. It's a huge shame this game isn't multiplayer, because it has all the tools needed to be enormously successful. An excellent single-player game, especially if you have a brother/sister or girlfriend who plays a lot too, since you guys can each have a character in the town and all. Awesome game.

Megaman collection thing - It's available on PS2 as well, but still worth mentioning. I personally would rather play it on the GC because to me, Megaman is only worth playing on Nintendo. MM3 = best game ever. Well, one of them.

Mario Sunshine - This game is always overlooked by everyone. I loved it. It had a lot of levels and was a pretty good challenge for a couple of weeks. It's a lot like Mario 64 with some added twists. A must-have if you liked the N64 Mario game.

Mario Kart: Double Dash - I personally loved the game. Had a bit of a different feel than Mario Kart 64, but once I got used to it it ruled. Another game that loses a lot from Nintendo's lack of online play though. There's a way to play it on LAN somehow though, but it's not really worth the trouble, I've found. Still a solid game if you've got a friend or two to play with.

Mario Party (any) - Another good game to play with friends. Excellent fun.

Pikmin I & II - Both fantastic single-player challenging games. If you like ORIGINAL games that challenge you (unless you just read a strategy guide online or something) then you'll love Pikmin. It is the most under-rated game ever :mad:

I dunno proabbly forgot a bunch more. But with a ton of hot new games coming out (Mario 128, LEGEND OF ZELDA, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2 [although that's out now], Resident Evil 4, and more that I am probably forgetting) there's still a lot of hot games coming out for GC.

VJW
10-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Meh, I barely ever play my Gamecube now but I'll try and name some good ones.

Everything Or Nothing 007

Super Smash Brothers

Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime

Zelda Wind Waker

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 0

Soul Caliber 2

Luigi's Mansion

Y2Ant
10-22-2004, 10:39 PM
LoZ: Wind Waker - I personally didn't enjoy this nearly as much as past Zelda games. IMO, it tried something new, and failed big time. I'm not just talking about the cel-shading either. I didn't mind the cel-shading, I thought it gave the game a good look. I just found WW far too easy, and really short. I mean, Christ, there were only like 3 temples, if that. I can't even remember. And don't even get me started on the endless sailing. I mean, yeah, it's cool when you're sailing and a huge squid pops up and you get to battle it, but other than that there's not a whole lot of excitement to it. If you're a hardcore LoZ fan you should get it, but otherwise I dunno, not that great. Still a somewhat solid game thouh if you're a fan of adventure-type games.
Yeah, it didn't really have enough temples in like OoT did, I remember there was the Earth and Wind temples (which I thought was kinda silly how they were just sidestepping the elements they used in OoT rather than being original or whatever) and you had to find the 8 Triforce shards.

The storyline was good, especially in the end battle with Ganon, and the graphics were really nice. Some really good ideas like the grappling hook, deku leaf and the bags to keep stuff in really made the game more fun, but the sailing just got so boring. Getting all the damn charts was annoying too. Again like the temples, the wind waker thing playing the melodies was innovative on the wind change/statue control ones (might be forgetting one or two more) but too similar to the ocarina system for my liking.

Still though, I really liked the game, and i'll keep it in my collection with every single other Zelda game.

The new LoZ looks fucking dlfsahkf;dfj awesome though, I cannot wait for it.

What's Mario 128/Paper Mario all aboot :o

Y2Ant
10-22-2004, 10:41 PM
The only game apart from Zelda that I have really properly got into (and finished) on my GameCube is Twin Snakes, if like me you played and beat MGS2 on PS2, and really liked it, and haven't played the original MGS, you have to play Twin Snakes, simple as that.

Snake Eater is out like next month on PS2 I think.

Buzzkill
10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
All of the remade resident evils

LoDownM
10-23-2004, 01:52 AM

And I can't fucking wait :D

Xero
10-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Shit, really!? I was thinking about getting the GCN version, but now that I know it's coming out on PS2, I know which one I'm getting! I wouldn't have minded getting it on GCN, but I most likely wouldn't have been able to get used to the GCN controls...

Kapoutman
10-24-2004, 05:55 AM
My brother just got X-Men Legends for Gamecube. Pretty good.

Y2Ant
10-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Shit, really!? I was thinking about getting the GCN version, but now that I know it's coming out on PS2, I know which one I'm getting! I wouldn't have minded getting it on GCN, but I most likely wouldn't have been able to get used to the GCN controls...
I don't think its coming to GC?

All I remember reading was that MGS3: Snake Eater is coming out for PS2 in November 2004, as opposed to the previous date of March 2005. :cool:

I dunno if that applies to Europe though. :(

Tornado
10-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Despite what many people say, Day of Reckoning is a actually a fairly decent wrestling game.

Funky Fly
10-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Despite what many people say, Day of Reckoning is a actually a fairly decent wrestling game.
It's good, but we still got shafted on the story mode.

Kapoutman
10-25-2004, 05:48 AM
Yeah, but I play Day of Reckoning against my brother all the time, and when played multiplayer, it is one of the best wrestling game on any system.

Xero
10-25-2004, 07:10 AM
I don't think its coming to GC?

All I remember reading was that MGS3: Snake Eater is coming out for PS2 in November 2004, as opposed to the previous date of March 2005. :cool:

I dunno if that applies to Europe though. :(
Shit, I misread, damnit... I was thinking of The Twin Snakes :$

Funky Fly
10-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Yeah, but I play Day of Reckoning against my brother all the time, and when played multiplayer, it is one of the best wrestling game on any system.
I'm the only one around here who is interested in wrestling games. I only get to play multiplayer against my brothers at christmas time. Pretty gay situation overall.

SuperSlim
10-25-2004, 09:58 AM
I haven't had the opportunity to play multiplayer on DOR cause there is noone around to play. So after bein the Raw version of story, then bein shafted in the SD! version of story I just bought everything I could doin training. Now there is nothin left for me to do on the game. Already got Austin and Brock recreated and they had their matches and stuff.

Oh yeah I got Soul Calibur II. I already beat it on PS2 but I wanted it on GC for Link. Almost finished beaten Weapon Master. I tried that Donky Konga game. It seems like the game you can play for a month or two then you just store it away feeling ashamed you ever bought it.

Since I am a sucker for classics I'ma probably get that Sonic thing. And I may wait a lil to get Mario Kart: Double Dash. Mario Sunshine I've debated getting... but I'm still undecided. And I'm not much for real time consuming games like Animal Crossing... although I did spend a lot of time playin The Sims :$

Super Smash Brothers Melee does sound good since I did play it on N64 and really liked it.

I'll continue my search for more though.

Funky Fly
10-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Super Smash Brothers Melee does sound good since I did play it on N64 and really liked it.

I'll continue my search for more though.
If you like the original, you are gonna cream your pants over Melee.

Loose Cannon
10-25-2004, 03:38 PM

I wanna play :'(