PDA

View Full Version : The "Shut up you Sheep!" Thread

tucsonspeed6
10-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Ok, here's my idea.

Although there are some generalized assumptions around here, like the fact that Kane is being underused right now, or that Jericho is the best thing since sliced bread, not everyone agrees with these assumptions. The problem is that sometimes these discussions that arise are usually one sided, and those people who have different positions are usually ignored or persecuted for their opinions. For example: Yet another "You screwed Bret" thread has started and Joe Schmo feels that indeed Bret screwed Bret, but because his rep is low already, he doesn't want to make any enemies here and stays silent while the fuming masses come to the conclusion that those who even spell Bret's name wrong should be taken out and shot.

SO that's where this thread comes in. If you feel like Kane is worthless and deserves what he's getting, say so with good reason. If you think Bret screwed Bret, say so with good reason. If you like the way Vince is handling things, say so with good reason.

I only ask that those of you who have different opinions do NOT bad rep anyone because of it. Trolls you can bad rep the shit out of though....I could care less.

Have at ya...

loopydate
10-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Steve Austin wasn't all that great.

He was a fine enough technical wrestler early in his career, but his "swear-a-lot-and-stun-people" gimmick got really old really fast, and I was sick of him before the end of 1998. After his neck injury, he couldn't carry a match, and his promos became less and less (what?) entertaining. He picked up again during the Invasion angle, but even then, he had Kurt Angle and Vince McMahon to play off of. When he returned to his "old Stone Cold" self, he went right back to being the least entertaining thing in wrestling.

Whenever his name is mentioned among the all-time greats, I roll my eyes. Yes, he was good for business and, yes, he was an "everyman hero," but this is such a case of "right place, right time" it's not even funny.

So, in conclusion, Steve Austin was boring and a bad wrestler.

King Jericho
10-21-2004, 01:50 PM
The rate a wrestler threads are a really good idea, yet some wrestlers get way to high a score in some cases:

Owen Hart, dont get me wrong I loved Owen Hart, he was a great performer and all round wrestler, yet didn't deserve the such high score he had. Alot of the vote may have been for Owen's unfortunate death.

Also, Ted DeBiase getting the same score as Owen, which yes in my opinion was high but doesn't deserve to be so high in the rankings.
I think people overate DeBiase as being 'The greatest wrestler never to be Heavyweight Champion'.

Then again, this is my opinion and the rate a wrestler thread is other peoples opinions.

:y:

Gouda
10-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Steve Austin wasn't all that great.

He was a fine enough technical wrestler early in his career, but his "swear-a-lot-and-stun-people" gimmick got really old really fast, and I was sick of him before the end of 1998. After his neck injury, he couldn't carry a match, and his promos became less and less (what?) entertaining. He picked up again during the Invasion angle, but even then, he had Kurt Angle and Vince McMahon to play off of. When he returned to his "old Stone Cold" self, he went right back to being the least entertaining thing in wrestling.

Whenever his name is mentioned among the all-time greats, I roll my eyes. Yes, he was good for business and, yes, he was an "everyman hero," but this is such a case of "right place, right time" it's not even funny.

So, in conclusion, Steve Austin was boring and a bad wrestler.

I agree wholeheartedly. :y:

I hated Austin with a passion. I celebrated when he left.

Jorgha
10-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Austin.
What to say about Austin.
At first the gimick was cool, then it got old. It got real old at the end.
He had the charsima that won over the crowd.
I didn't like watching him in the ring. He was boring. It was kind of cool though when he stunnered some looser who deserved it though. However I was always like "Not Steve again!"

Bret. I am just so sick of still listening to him whine about it all.
He was leaving the WWF. He was in a match with Shawn. From what I understand happened originally it was written where he was going to win the match, then Vince decided that he couldn't leave with the belt, then Shawn was supposed to win. Then Vince said the hell with it and let them fight it out in the ring and whoever won won. If that is the case, no one screwed Bret and he needs to get over himself. Maybe he is just pissed that Shawn stripped naked after winnin the belt and was invited to do Playgirl and he wasn't. LOL

Hulk Hogan was over rated. The man made it on charisma. I really hated him in the early 90's late 80's. Take your Hulk Hogan vitamins and you will be strong and big like me. Freaking hypocrite was doing 'roids.

Chris Jerichos hair cut sucks.
I hope that all his wrestling talent isn't in his hair and he is going to suck now.

Edge isn't given enough credit (I am not saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he is under rated). However, since him and Christians 10 second poses he has been kind of boring.

Kane's gimick works for him but I am sick of him. His storylines get stupid fast, I am sick of the big guys being in there just because they are big, and therefore have the right to kick everyones ass.

Ok, I think I am done for the moment.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Nathan Jones was a huge loss to the WWE.

He had the look, the presence, the entrance, the character.

I don't care that he couldn't really wrestle, with that look you should be able to get away with destroying people every week with little actual wrestling involved.

Savio
10-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I think bret hart is overrated because I saw him in WCW and he didn't look so spactacular.

BungeeWithNoCord
10-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Do i count as a troll?

Innovator
10-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Undertaker is the man and should get the WWE title.

Honestly if there is one man who should pull backstage power, it's him. How many feuds in his stretch with WWF/E have been abismal. Kama, Kamala, now Heidenreich. He is the ultimate team player, not leaving Vince when the company was down, and sticking out a gimmick that only he could make work. Taker has evolved himself over the years, adding new moves to his set (like the submission stuff he's added for the last few years).

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm gonig to go over some topics alreayd disgusted in this thread.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
I've neve rbeen a fan of Stone Cold but I've always preferred him over The Rock. Let me just say, I hated his non-wrestling roles. Co-GM was just a fairly bland idea. What I liked about the Austin character was that he stepped it up in the ring, or in the back, but when it came down to it, he could be a nice guy (hence his friendship with Jim Ross). His complete violence driven persona as a non-wrestler really bugged me. It just didn't seem right. I even forgot he was a part of the WWE at one stage. When he road out on his quad I remember thinking almost every week "Oh yeah, Stone Cold's on RAW".

The only thing I can see for Austin back in the WWE is a run as SmackDown!'s Commissioner under Teddy Long, a full-time wrestler (which sadly, isn't gonig to happen) or as a one or two time appearance putting over someone like Shelton Benjamin as a top guy (much like he did when Benjamin first appeared on RAW). Maybe Edge could get the Stone Cold honours? I can see the reaction for Edge being turned right around just by Austin saying "You're right, you do deserve this, so take this.". I would then mark out if Edge Speared Austin and walked up the ramp, and Austin smiled knowing the torch has been successfully passed.

Kane
I love the Kane character. I would mark out of he got pushing into the RAW main event feud on RAW. Sadly, I don't think that is gonig to happen. One thing I dislike about this Kane situation is how people are upset he's losing to a "piece-of-trash" in Gene Snitsky. Yet how many people have made Kane bleed? How many have straight out kicked his ass? How many have put him on a stretcher. Hopefully we see Kane return with nothing to do with Gene Snitsky. Hopefully we see Kane go back to original monster Kane in the main event, and Snitsky do hisown thing. Kane gave this guy a bigger rub than what he would have gotten if he beat Triple H for the title. What Snitsky has become will follow him for the rest of his career, that's something that a win can never get him. When I look back on all of Kane's matches now, I'm gonig ot be thinking about the damage Snitsky could have done here.

Kane should be given props for putting over Snitsky to "Human Kane" and I hope we never see "Human Kane" again because of it. BTW, image how effective a Kane/Snitsky tag team would be. In closing Snitsky has not only been given the ball to run with, he is the ball, and where ever he goes, there shouldn't be anything but attention on him.

LK
10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Undertaker is the man and should get the WWE title.

Honestly if there is one man who should pull backstage power, it's him. How many feuds in his stretch with WWF/E have been abismal. Kama, Kamala, now Heidenreich. He is the ultimate team player, not leaving Vince when the company was down, and sticking out a gimmick that only he could make work. Taker has evolved himself over the years, adding new moves to his set (like the submission stuff he's added for the last few years).

:y: :yes:

Rob
10-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Kane is the most overrated talent in the WWE right now.

Vince screwed Bret and that's that.

Bret is still a fu</>cking legend.

Owen Hart AND Ted DiBiase deserved world title runs.

Taker should quit the business immediately.

Steve Austin deserves all the credit he gets because he was the major factor in turning around pro wrestling in the 90's. Awesome worker and gave his all night in, night out.

Chris Jericho deserves a run with the WWE title. I'd go as far as saying he, not the Internet poster boy Randolph Orton, should be main eventing next years Mania with HHH.

Rob
10-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh and as much as I hate to admit it, words just can't describe just how awesome I think Shawn Michaels has been since his comeback.

LK
10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Bret should have done the job to HBK at Survivor Series.

Rob
10-21-2004, 06:50 PM
People should get over Montreal.

LK
10-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Edge without Christian or feuding with guys like Eddie or Angle who can carry feuds is a very boring wrestler. He is very average in the ring and his spear sucks big time. He is nothing special at all on the mic and right now I just can't stand him.

LK
10-21-2004, 06:52 PM
People should get over Montreal.

OssMan
10-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Hardcore Holly is an untalented piece of shit and should only be used on Velocity, if used at all.

The guy is getting world title shots, when there are much more credible people who deserve it like Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, and Rey Mysterio. Holly is very stale in the ring and ceases to impress. I feel he is only being used because the regular WWE fan loves him.

tucsonspeed6
10-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Bret should have done the job to HBK at Survivor Series.

I totally agree. I was waiting for Savior to mention it, but he didn't. Seriously...after what happened to the women's championship getting thrown in the trash on live tv, what the hell do you think Vince was thinking? You think he'd just trust Bret to mount the thing on the wall as a nice keepsake? He knew damn well that Bischoff was gonna have him do the exact same thing with the WWE title as what he made Madusa do to the women's title. Bret's ego was just too damn big to do what was right for the company, and nobody sees it. Sure he was a good wrestler, but frankly I think the great "screwjob of 97" was just vince's way of defending his company.

BigDaddyCool
10-21-2004, 07:06 PM
I hate A.J. Style and Ron Killings.

Stone Cold isn't overrated and people should seperate Steve Williams and Steve Austin (and no, I don't mean dr. death either).

Hogan is a legend, and I'm tried of people pooping on him, but he is one big political jerk, I'll give you that.

Cruiserwieghts sucks ass. They are too small and scrawny to put up any sort of threat to the regular sized guys of wrestling.

Spike Dudley needs to die.

tucsonspeed6
10-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Spike Dudley needs to die.

But you have to admit it's damn entertaining when he gets the shit knocked out of him and gets his ass smashed through tables constantly.

Scarface
10-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Shawn Michaels should retire, the reason I feel this is that he's stopping other talent shining, plus he's half crippled anyway.

BigDaddyCool
10-21-2004, 07:25 PM
But you have to admit it's damn entertaining when he gets the shit knocked out of him and gets his ass smashed through tables constantly.

Not entertaining at all.

Rob
10-21-2004, 07:39 PM
I totally agree. I was waiting for Savior to mention it, but he didn't. Seriously...after what happened to the women's championship getting thrown in the trash on live tv, what the hell do you think Vince was thinking? You think he'd just trust Bret to mount the thing on the wall as a nice keepsake? He knew damn well that Bischoff was gonna have him do the exact same thing with the WWE title as what he made Madusa do to the women's title. Bret's ego was just too damn big to do what was right for the company, and nobody sees it. Sure he was a good wrestler, but frankly I think the great "screwjob of 97" was just vince's way of defending his company.

Morons like you piss me off. Check the facts. Bret Hart was under contract to the World Wrestling Federation for 4 more weeks. He couldn't go to WCW even if he really wanted to. Why do you think he never immediately showed up even aftrer Montreal when EVERYONE wanted to see him?

And if you think Bret Hart would throw the WWF title in a bin then God help you.

Jorgha
10-21-2004, 07:42 PM
The womens division sucks. I would love to see Luna Vachon come back, if for nothing else but the weirdness factor it would bring.

I hate Trish Stratus. I have no idea why but I have never liked her. She just really gets on my nerves. She gets on my nerves like Sunny of the Body Donnas got on my nerves.

Ric Flair belongs in the GWF (Geriatric Wrestling Federation). Not saying I don't like the guys charimsa or his talent (and to think he started as a jobber. LOL) but he is just getting to old for the businesses besides being a manager. He should really quit wrestling. (I really didn't need to see his ass at Taboo Tuesday, however it was funny as shit watching the ref pulling up his trunks)

And speeking of bare asses, haven't we seen Shawn Michaels way to much over the years? Has all that really been necessary?

And did I mention that Hunter needs a nose job?
I am convinced he married Steph just to help his career.

Deceit
10-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh and as much as I hate to admit it, words just can't describe just how awesome I think Shawn Michaels has been since his comeback.

I couldn't agree more. Shawn has been remarkable.

Rob
10-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Randy Orton's smug look makes me wanna smack the piss out of him. Maybe that's why he can't get over as a babyface.

MVP
10-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Surprised this person hasn't been mentioned yet.

Randy Orton is overrated. He has average wrestling skills, but really has nothing special. Orton is not consistent in good promos, but occaisionally pulls a decent one off. Orton has a great gimmick, even though "legend killer" is somewhat illogical for a nickname.

Apprentice
10-21-2004, 08:13 PM
I want Vince, Shane and Stephanie to return.

Mike the Metal Ed
10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Surprised this person hasn't been mentioned yet.

Randy Orton is overrated. He has average wrestling skills, but really has nothing special. Orton is not consistent in good promos, but occaisionally pulls a decent one off. Orton has a great gimmick, even though "legend killer" is somewhat illogical for a nickname.

I 100% agree, I thought I was the only person who didn't cream themselves when Ithey saw Orton.

The One
10-21-2004, 08:21 PM
OK...I am gonna give a quick run down here and now of my not so popular thoughts...

Steve Austin - Legend, one of the best, in the ring and on the mic, character was there, charisma and timming were there too. I know we like to dog on his personal life, but in the ring he is aces.

John Bradshaw Layfeild - I like him. I love his character and he has done NOTHING but entertain me since he became JBL.

Hardcore Holly - Don't ask me why, I always thought this guy was aces. He is entertaining for me, he just needs to not be Hardcore anymore since the Hardcore division is dead...maybe be Rob Holly...but don't go back to Bob, cause I don't like the name Bob.

Billy Gunn - My fucking hero, icon, and favorite of all time. Period.

Montreal - Bret Screwed Bret...but he is still a fucking ICON of the business.

Champion of Europa
10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Undertaker is a great psychological wrestler.

Owen Hart's death didn't upset me all that much.

I enjoy HHH's work.

Randy Orton's face turn is working.

The Basham Brothers should be the Smackdown Tag Champs

I like Kenzo Suzuki.

Carlito should win the World Title in the future.

3:16
10-21-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm sick of internet fans bitching about Vince and the way he's wasting talent. I like the WWE......... :shifty:

Booker T sucks big time

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Vince McMahon is an idiot.

3:16
10-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Vince McMahon is an idiot.
oh, so you know him personally....... :roll:

Mayo
10-21-2004, 11:02 PM
HHH does not hold everybody down (not all the time, anyways), he still puts on some good matches, and he's not really that bad on the mic. Yes, we do see way too much of him, but we only hate him because he is shoved down our throats. He has even jobbed to other up and comers (Benoit, Benjamin) in the last 6 months, so he isn't really THAT bad.

Gone Mad
10-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Here is my stance on some subjects.. (remember, I won't have the exact same thoughts as you all)..

Owen and DiBiase's score: Someone mentioned it and I disagree. I love Owen, and whether alive or not, I'd still give him the same score. I have mentioned that he was the first wrestler and wrestling match I say, so that is why I will stay partial to him. But death does not affect my score. DiBiase.. one of the best heels ever. And hell, I admire him for leaving and becoming heavily religious.

Bret Hart: We should all get over it.. that's it.

Ric Flair: GO AWAY... along with Bret, get over this. You should stop wasting ring time when someone who is just starting is well deserved of it. He, along with HBK, should stop.. stop stealing spotlights.. them and Hogan and anyone who thinks it's still the 80's and that it's still about them. Just pass the torch and leave us the hell alone.

TNA seems overrated to me. Sure, they have good atheletes but everything is relied on high-flying. Too much of high-flying is boring but as long as everyone gets equal time, that's all right with me. That's where WWE lacks (and let's not forget the stance on home-grown talent).

..I feel like watching 'Fight Club' now..

Gouda
10-22-2004, 01:01 AM
I like Ric Flair and d not think he should go away. I think he should even be given a main event run.

My Final Heaven
10-22-2004, 01:21 AM
I think Grand Theft Auto is one of the most overrated games on any system. I see people come on here & talk about how they just spent 10 hours playing Vice City & it's the only game they ever play, but I own the game (have for about a year) & I can honestly say it hasn't touched my PS2 for 6 months at least. I dunno, I think I'm immune to the whole "Steal Cars / Punch Hookers" Bad Boy thing....

As far as wrestling goes, I've always really liked Big Show. Sure, he's not the speediest guy on the roster, but he's a better worker than a lot of guys who are half his size. He's also funny as hell if they allow him to be :lol:

Jorgha
10-22-2004, 01:31 AM
As far as wrestling goes, I've always really liked Big Show. Sure, he's not the speediest guy on the roster, but he's a better worker than a lot of guys who are half his size. He's also funny as hell if they allow him to be

He is hysterical.
Did you see the episode of SNL where the Rock was on there and basically Show, HHH and Mick came and basically stole the show from him? It was great. Seeing the Rock in a dress was a moment I will remember forever.

My Final Heaven
10-22-2004, 01:51 AM
He kidnapped Mango :lol:

Boondock Saint
10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
I want the McMahon family soap opera to return. That's right...I went there.

Gouda
10-22-2004, 02:11 AM
I want Katie Vick to come back as a brain eating zombie out for revenge against Kane as well as HHH. :shifty:

Think of the rating people! :shifty:

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Shawn michaels is WAYYYY past his best.
Every match is the same. He gets the shit beaten through him, bleeds like a bitch, people target his back, and then wins. It's happened against:
HHH - numerous times
Kane
Survivor Series 2003.

Honestly, i dont think he has any offence whatsoever. He was great, dont get me wrong, but now, its just like he gets squashed every match, yet seems to win!

OK - firstly helmsphere (and flunky) are awesome, CONTGRATS on the rate a wrestler :y:
however, i am mystified with some of the results.

Raven - Raven...i mean, honestly, i have seen him very few times (only when in the WWF). He had a great match with rhyno (when Rhyno gored the shopping cart). But that was Rhyno who made that match great, not Raven. I cant understand how he can be so good.
Shawn 0'Haire - this guy is nothing special IMO. he never was, and never is...and never wil be.
Lex Luger - he used to be my favourite wrestler. I'd like to know why he is so popular if he is such a bad wrestler. Frankly, 55 seems harsh...i guess the whole Elizabeth thing certainly didnt help.
Hogan - hogan getting an 82, outside the top 10, is a disgrace. I never liked him, but he's been the single most popular and least popular wrestler of all time.
Bradshaw - A 46 for JBL is not fair. I am just wondering, he got a 46. Would he have got more as an acolyte...YES - probably around 70. Therefore, with only 46, that is because of people disliking him. HAHA, the perfect heel!

Discussing bradshaw, he is a great champ! I just wish we'd known about this charisma he has earlier on!

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 03:11 AM
I 100% agree, I thought I was the only person who didn't cream themselves when Ithey saw Orton.

i dont like orton either.
i find myself preferring Smackdown atm just because its not all about orton (and HHH)

credit where credit is due tho, his promo with ric flair was BRILLIANT!

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Morons like you piss me off. Check the facts. Bret Hart was under contract to the World Wrestling Federation for 4 more weeks. He couldn't go to WCW even if he really wanted to. Why do you think he never immediately showed up even aftrer Montreal when EVERYONE wanted to see him?

And if you think Bret Hart would throw the WWF title in a bin then God help you.

bret wouldnt do it.
but surely, Bischoff would if he had half a chance?

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 03:25 AM
I'll do another 1, top 5 favourite wrestlers:

Charlie Haas - people think Shelton Benjamin is so good, i really don't see it. When Shelton was in WGTT, thee two were brilliant together. However, since shelton moved to raw, he has sucked. He does no decent wrestling moves, and is overrated. Charlies on the other hand is the most talented wrestler in the WWE who hasnt held a singles title. I think he could have a great feud with CCC or Chavo. I wouldnt be too interested in him feuding with BIlly Kidman tho.

Kurt Angle - Greatest wrestler of all time. Best ability, and one of the most charismatic wrestlers i've ever seen. Everyne talks about how great he is as a heel. However, I think he is great as a face. He has that real genuine, hero look about him. Either way, he's the greatest of all time!

Chris Benoit - Benoit is awesome. However, on a recent ep of raw (when eugene cut some fans hair), they only showed about a minute of benoit, and half of that time was just smiling at the "lovable Eugene". i mean, JEEEZZZUSSSS, this guy is intensity personified, yet doing crap like that makes him look like a glorified babysitter.

Chris Jericho - Great wrestler. he is very competent and is a real funny bastard. Hope he can get the world title once more, but I dont think he will

Booker T - my favourite wrestler atm. I love his promos, which seem like he's about to fuck up at any time, but it always sounds great. The rock weakened Booker T, Austin built the grave and HHH buried him. He should not have lost to Rock at Invasion (i think). Austin didnt help him out, and HHH was just being a cunt like always. HOWEVER, he will get the world title next year (or retire)

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2004, 03:43 AM
Charlie Haas/Shelton Benjamin
I think it is unfair to compare these two to each other, in an attempt to decide which one is the better wrestler. To be honest, if Charlie was on RAW and Benjamin on SD!, we'd still be on the side of the SmackDown! guy. Charlie is at home in the big blue, while Benjamin seems to be renovating his style around the entertainment way of things. I personally think they should just let Benoit & Benjamin go in a #1 Contender's Match for the World Heavyweight Title on RAW. That match would be a classic, and add a little bit of SmackDown! flavour into the RAW record books.

Hulk Hogan
He is a legend. He pretty much rose wrestling to its status by himself. I welcome the man to do appearances on DVDs, and special events, but if he sticks aorund in the business too much longer, he will simply be referred to as a glory hog.

Bret Hart
In the world we live in, you do your job. That is how society rotates. Bret Hart didn't want to lose the championship in his hometown? Tough. In the WWE, if Vince McMahon asks you to do the job in your hometown you go "Yeah, sure Mr. McMahon.", you don't winge and complain. Bret iwll always be a legendary wrestler and an inconic technical wonder, but he should have done the job at Survivor Series '97.

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 03:49 AM
Bret Hart
In the world we live in, you do your job. That is how society rotates. Bret Hart didn't want to lose the championship in his hometown? Tough. In the WWE, if Vince McMahon asks you to do the job in your hometown you go "Yeah, sure Mr. McMahon.", you don't winge and complain. Bret iwll always be a legendary wrestler and an inconic technical wonder, but he should have done the job at Survivor Series '97.

i agree.
people always say that shawn is a bastard, that he wouldnt job to anyone.
so by that rationale, if someone steals from me, then i should be allowed to steal from someone else

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2004, 04:16 AM
i agree.
so by that rationale, if someone steals from me, then i should be allowed to steal from someone else

100% correct. Shawn Michaels has really elevated a lot of guys on RAW, just by working with them, and if he didn't want to do the job to other people, I really don't see much evidence, simply because Bret Hart not wanting to job is evident, and we all saw what happened when a big name refused to job then, didn't we?

I'm not saying Shawn is perfect and Bret is the opposite, I'm just saying that in this day and age you do your job, and if you don't there are consequences. Sometimes they relate to yourself, others they relate to other people. Shawn Michaels & Earl Hebner both did their jobs, and still are to this day. Saying Bret Hart is the good guy in this scenario is blind, simply because he's the only one who really didn't do his part, and that let him down.

Sting Fan
10-22-2004, 06:06 AM
Ok first of all Bret and Shawn were both to blame, there is plenty of blame to go between both of them and another whole portion for Vince who in his defense was defending his livelyhood. Just my opinion.

Second of all Bret Hart is good but I have never realy been a massive fan of his but I can see the appeal to others. HBK on the other hand I have never seen anything out of him I liked, and I doubt I will his in ring stlye bugs the shit out of me.

Big Show is cool and I have always marked out for him. A-Train is much better than many give him credit for, I cant say I have ever marked out for him but he is solid. Flair annoys me no end, in an X-Pac kind of way. Batista is very good at what he does and if given more time could be better, and lastly I will always be a WCW mark but for gods sake let it die please.

Mayo
10-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Let's not make this into another Montreal Screwjob thread please :|

Rob
10-22-2004, 01:15 PM
bret wouldnt do it.
but surely, Bischoff would if he had half a chance?

Bischoff was sued when Madusa threw the womens title in the bin. WWF lost a lawsuit when they had the NWA title on WWF TV claiming it was the WCW title. Bischoff would never have risked a lawsuit. And as far as history goes, I'd trust Eric Bischoff's word LONG before I'd trust Vinnie Mac's.

And how is it that everyone seems to forget that Ric Flair showed up on the oppositions TV with the world title and then got upset when people thought Bret Hart would do the same?

Rob
10-22-2004, 01:17 PM
i agree.

Sorry but if someone who had gone back on his word and refused not only to drop a world title to me but refused to work with my whole family, I'd probably refused to do a job to him too.

And for the record, Shawn Michaels has the record of number of titles lost without stepping in a wrestling ring.

Loose Cannon
10-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Okay, first time I saw this thread. I'm just going to shut my mouth on Montreal because I just about argued it as best as I can in other threads. People's views won't change, so whatever. Rob basically summed up the facts nicely though.

On HBK: (not regarding Monteal) First off, people who say he's past his prime and shoulnd't be wrestling anymore need to stop and look around for a second. HBK is Top 4 preformers/entertainers/wrestlers in the WWE right now. Jericho and Benoit and Christian are the other 3. When I hear HBK is wrestling on RAW that night, I sit and watch and never change the channel.

HBK has been having better matches this year then almost all the guys on the roster. HBK makes guys, who are not that great, watchable and can go with just about anyone. You better believe they need HBK in there right now. He'll do the job if asked right now, or so I understand, unlike his other buddy. Putting him in a program with Christian, which they seemed to ahve dropped or something, can do wonders for Christian. He needs to take on HBK at Mania or one of the "Big" PPV's.

Rob
10-22-2004, 04:07 PM
I don't know how people can say he is past his prime. He was just this good in the mid 90's. His agility was a bit better back then but his emotion is 10 times better now.

The One
10-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Here are some more that I thought of...

Shawn Michaels - Still entertains the hell out of me.

X-Pac - I always liked him, I think he is fun to watch and never once thought he got his due.

Triple H - I enjoy his matches...usually...and for the most part I tend to agree he is by FAR the biggest name on RAW, so by that logic he does deserve the title.

The Rock - Good for him that he is making movies and having a good time with his life.

Vince McMahon - Got lucky, had half a dozen good ideas and was in the right place at the right time when they worked for him.

Eric Bischoff - Fucking brilliant. I would 1000 times over work for Bischoff then McMahon...and no I don't consider anything he did while head of WCW wrong, immoral, unethical, or dirty...just business.

Mick Foley - I don't care if you call him a stunt man or a wrestler...I think he is one of the greatest performers I have ever seen.

Chris Benoit - Not as great as everyone thinks.

Paul Heyman - WWF might have stolen ECW ideas, but ECW stole Japan's ideas...not a good business man, not a good promoter, and was in charge of ECW during it's worst parts.

George Bush - Better choice then Kerry :shifty:

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 06:23 PM
BA-Train is much better than many give him credit for, I cant say I have ever marked out for him but he is solid.

YES!

A-train is not superb...of course. BUT, he is very solid, and he really works his arse off. against a good wrestler, he can have a really top match :y:
he does screw up a bit tho, like against benoit at no mercy

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Bischoff was sued when Madusa threw the womens title in the bin. WWF lost a lawsuit when they had the NWA title on WWF TV claiming it was the WCW title. Bischoff would never have risked a lawsuit. And as far as history goes, I'd trust Eric Bischoff's word LONG before I'd trust Vinnie Mac's.

And how is it that everyone seems to forget that Ric Flair showed up on the oppositions TV with the world title and then got upset when people thought Bret Hart would do the same?

well......i must say, i somewhat doubt that he would definatly not risk a law suit.
Think about just HOW MUCH MONEY WCW had then! and how much publicitiy they would have got. The WWF champion, on WCW, with the WWF World Championship belt!

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't know how people can say he is past his prime. He was just this good in the mid 90's. His agility was a bit better back then but his emotion is 10 times better now.

the reason i dislike him is because every match is the same, he gets beaten down, bleeds, hulks up, fights back, elbow off the top, SCM.

i don't know why people say he is wrestling so well...all he ever does is get the shit beaten through him.

and he is no where near as good as the mid 90's, come on! i dont see him doing hurricaranas anymore

Tornado
10-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't see why everyone worships Booker T so much. He bores the crap out of me.

Christian has the potential to be a HUGE superstar.

Randy Orton sucks as a face right now. With the correct push, he could be a major heel.

John Cena has potential, but I see his rapper gimmick getting very old, very fast.

I have enjoyed JBL's title reign so far.

I really, REALLY wish The Rock could come back full time.

AJ Styles is, simply put, phenominal.

HBK has proved he can still go.

Montreal was 7 years ago, people need to drop it.

Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Eddie should be the focus of the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I think HBK is past his prime. Not that far past it, though. HBK is booked to be a big star on RAW today, just like he was back in 1998, and he can still wrestle a great match, and everything said about HBK being one of the top performers in the company today are correct, but I feel he is out of his prime.

I think it would be best if the company wasn't based around HBK (which is the way it is now, whic his smart). HBK is like the cake with extra icing. He's a better performer/wrestler than 3/4 of the roster (both RAW & SD!), but he shouldn't depended on too much, because that's when he's going to let someone down if he isn't there. Michaels is best used when he's doing something important, but if he broke his leg one day, the company wouldn't be in too much trouble.

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2004, 06:56 PM
I really like Billy Gunn & Hardcore Holly. While I don't really expect either to be WWE Champion soon, I'd love to see them both get a United States Championship reign, and maybe a good run as a tag team. They've been loyal to the company, and aren't THAT bad in the ring. Everyone makes out they're not over and can't do anything in the ring, but both put so much energy into their matches, and both are over enough to be recognizable talent of SmackDown!.

Rob
10-23-2004, 12:27 PM
well......i must say, i somewhat doubt that he would definatly not risk a law suit.
Think about just HOW MUCH MONEY WCW had then! and how much publicitiy they would have got. The WWF champion, on WCW, with the WWF World Championship belt!

Yeah it would be worth millions of dollars of Ted Turner's money in lost lawsuits. More money than you would be paying Bret Hart over his whole contract.

You moron!

If that was the case, they could have gone up to anybody while under contract to the WWF and just took them. Shawn Michaels spent most of 1997 trying to get out of his deal so he could join his buddies in WCW. They could have just said "here's $2 million, come to us and we'll just pay off Vince in court".

BLaZeR-
10-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Randy Orton makes me change the channel whenever he's on.

I wish death upon Vince McMahon.

Austin is overrated and boring, and I hate when people talk about Triple H holding down talent without mentioning Austin also.

I'm a huge Nash mark. (Yeah I know he sucks in the ring, but still.)

I miss WCW.

I enjoy Heidenreich and Kenzo Suzuki when they're reading silly poems/making an ass out of themselves.

McLegend
10-23-2004, 03:12 PM
HBK is past his prime. He is a shadow of what he use to be in the ring. With that said his matches are sill entertaining, but we have seen him in those matches a 100 times. He should of just came back for HHH streetfight then he should of left. He shouldn't be one of the contenders for World tittle.

Chuck Jones
10-23-2004, 04:33 PM
John Cena: If he's so stale, why are people still cheering him?

The possibility of Orton/Cena @ Wrestlemania 21: WAYYY Too early for that match. It'll flop.

Internet fans: Don't know shit about wrestling.

Orton: Has improved a lot. Used to be the one I hated the most.

I'm enjoying Snitsky. A lot of people complained about him beating Kane. Its called building up a new star, people!

Kane is a lost cause.

Taboo Tuesday was a fun PPV to watch.

JBL is a good champion.

Lance Storm: Don't see why he should been a World champion. Don't get me wrong, his wrestling skills are top-notch, but he doesn't put asses in seats.

Ric Flair: Most overrated man in sports entertainment.

Dean Malenko: Probably the best technical wrestler of the last decade, IMO.

Vince McMahon: The smartest man in the business.

Paul Heyman: If he is such a genius, how did he become $40,000,000 in debt? And why isn't ECW around anymore?

ECW: Pots and pans wrestling. Overrated

Sabu: Will be lucky to walk in 20 years. Not the most insane man in wrestling as people like to call him. That title goes to "Sick" Nick Mondo.

Oh, Nick Mondo is coming out of retirement for one last match for IPW:UK on November 21. I'm seriously considering travelling to England just to see that.

X-Pac: The person may suck, but his skills don't

Dudleys: Stale. Need repackaging. Big time.

RVD: don't get me wrong, the man has talent. He had a unique style, and it helped him out for many years. Put him with a guy like HHH or Austin, he's good. Put him with a guy like Dupree, he's all over the place. Stale.

Scarface
10-23-2004, 04:39 PM
I hate Chavo, he got no heat at all as a heel (so bad I expected tumbleweed to float across my tv screen) and thats sadder than X-Pacs crowd reactions. Plus hes a sucky wrestler.

Although if he's popular as a face, maybe he'll stop being lame.

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2004, 08:07 PM
I hate Chavo, he got no heat at all as a heel (so bad I expected tumbleweed to float across my tv screen) and thats sadder than X-Pacs crowd reactions. Plus hes a sucky wrestler.

I disagree, Chavo's toned it down a bit, and his promo on SmackDown! shows he has nerves, but the thought of Kidman/London/Mysterio/Guerrero in a cruiserweight Fatal Fourway, possibly for the CW Title gives me a mental orgasm.

I always thought Chavo seemed like the nice guy in wrestling, and I really hate the way when he plays the heel there is a bias towards him. Michael Cole wets himself whenever Eddie Guerrero crushes the dreams of some young kid by beating him unfairly in the ring, but when Chavo defeats some veteran of the business like Mysertio, who's likely going to recover from the loss, Guerrero is the worse man on the face of the planet. One day I'm hoping for Tazz or Jerry Lawler to jump down the throat of the face commentator who doesn't use logic int heir accusations.

Evil Vito
10-23-2004, 08:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I've always found Bret Hart to be somewhat overrated. He's a great talent, no doubt, but, more often than not I've found myself bored with his matches. Basically, I think he needs to have an opponent that I care about for me to give a shit about any of his matches.</font>

Aussie Skier
10-23-2004, 08:44 PM
I think HBK is past his prime. Not that far past it, though. HBK is booked to be a big star on RAW today, just like he was back in 1998, and he can still wrestle a great match, and everything said about HBK being one of the top performers in the company today are correct, but I feel he is out of his prime.

I think it would be best if the company wasn't based around HBK (which is the way it is now, whic his smart). HBK is like the cake with extra icing. He's a better performer/wrestler than 3/4 of the roster (both RAW & SD!), but he shouldn't depended on too much, because that's when he's going to let someone down if he isn't there. Michaels is best used when he's doing something important, but if he broke his leg one day, the company wouldn't be in too much trouble.

:D

not to laugh...but he sorta has broken his leg hasnt he?
well, torn cartlidge at least

Dark Kane
10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Nathan Jones was a huge loss to the WWE.

He had the look, the presence, the entrance, the character.

I don't care that he couldn't really wrestle, with that look you should be able to get away with destroying people every week with little actual wrestling involved.

I agree, most people said that Nathan Jones sucks at a wrestler but everyone knows that before he quit WWE, Nathan Jones was improving in his wrestling skills and he was getting better. I thought Nathan Jones was always cool. He had a cool look for a wrestler and had tons of potential. If Nathan Jones was still around WWE, I'm sure he'd be main eventing by now. He'd be a cool addition to Evolution. :y:

Dark Kane
10-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Kane
I love the Kane character. I would mark out of he got pushing into the RAW main event feud on RAW. Sadly, I don't think that is gonig to happen. One thing I dislike about this Kane situation is how people are upset he's losing to a "piece-of-trash" in Gene Snitsky. Yet how many people have made Kane bleed? How many have straight out kicked his ass? How many have put him on a stretcher. Hopefully we see Kane return with nothing to do with Gene Snitsky. Hopefully we see Kane go back to original monster Kane in the main event, and Snitsky do hisown thing. Kane gave this guy a bigger rub than what he would have gotten if he beat Triple H for the title. What Snitsky has become will follow him for the rest of his career, that's something that a win can never get him. When I look back on all of Kane's matches now, I'm gonig ot be thinking about the damage Snitsky could have done here.

Kane should be given props for putting over Snitsky to "Human Kane" and I hope we never see "Human Kane" again because of it. BTW, image how effective a Kane/Snitsky tag team would be. In closing Snitsky has not only been given the ball to run with, he is the ball, and where ever he goes, there shouldn't be anything but attention on him.[/QUOTE]

I've always been a fan of Kane and I agree with everything posted above. Good post.

As stupid as hell Kane's storyline's are, he's good at getting other stars over.

Aussie Skier
10-23-2004, 09:45 PM
I agree, most people said that Nathan Jones sucks at a wrestler but everyone knows that before he quit WWE, Nathan Jones was improving in his wrestling skills and he was getting better. I thought Nathan Jones was always cool. He had a cool look for a wrestler and had tons of potential. If Nathan Jones was still around WWE, I'm sure he'd be main eventing by now. He'd be a cool addition to Evolution. :y:

i'm Australian....and i hafta disagree.
the few times i saw nathan jones, he was pathetic IMO.

at SS, he got back into the ring too early and instead of breaking the pin, he just stood there until matt morgan was pinned :nono:

Angelina2K
10-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Many of these have been said, but I'm gonna say them again anyway

-People should get over Montreal, it was 7 years ago, enough already.

-Edge is over rated, and has seriously failed to entertain me in the months he's been back

-I want to smack the smug look of Randy Orton's face everytime I see him. Yet somehow I like the guy :shifty:

-I enjoy watching JBL as champion, his character has done nothing but entertain me.

-I'm sick of people bitching about Vince McMahon. I like the WWE

-I miss Stephanie McMahon

-I enjoy watching HHH wrestle (not talk), most of the time.

-Ric Flair should put a shirt on and still to managing Batista and H

-I don't like TNA, I just can't get into them. I guess this makes me a WWE mark

-I like Big Show, he can always make me laugh.

-Hogan, I never liked the guy. I will never like the guy, but I will give him credit where credit is due when it comes to making the business 'what it is today' as long as he stays away from my TV screen

-I like Eric Bischoff, he is one of the best things about Raw

-Shawn Michaels still rules, would love to see another heel run for him.

-I dislike Booker T, he bored me to death, always has, I don't get what people see in him either.

-I loved Taboo Tuesday, It was as very fun to watch

I enjoy Heidenreich and Kenzo Suzuki when they're reading silly poems/making an ass out of themselves.

:y: totally agree

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is exactly how I feel about Chavo

What Would Kevin Do?
10-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Jerry Lynn is overrated. He has some good moves, but he has the personality of a turd.

Kane isn't misused. VADER was misused.

Bret Hart is not the best there ever will be. In fact, given the choice between Bret making a fully healthy 100% comeback, and The Rock coming abck fulltime, I'd take the Rock.

Heidenreich has some badass music.

Kenzo Suzuki isn't horrible

I like Shelton Benjamin's finisher

I find Gene Snitsky's dead baby jokes hilarious.

I've never liked Billy Gunn, Bob Holly, or half the 90's WCW roster.

I love watching Rey Mysterio get his ass kicked.

Jamie Noble bored the fuck out of me, and I don't give two shits that he's gone.

Ric Flair deserves a world title run more than the Undertaker.

GODSON
10-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Regal is overrated, never had a great match in the WWE and WCW. Don't bring up Indy stuff.

Ted Dibiase overrated, never did anything special and suck after 92

Storm is extremely overrated, He suck in the WWE, Was fun in WCW and ECW is not for real wrestling

Jericho should never win the World title again, his last title reign was the worst in recent history. Even JBL is a more entertaining champion.

Austin made Hitman the complete package

Sid had many classic matches, Sid vs.HBK,Wargames 91, Sid vs.Benoit,more than Regal and Storm combine.

TNA is the real deal, stop hating

Canada and UK fans is too biased.

AUSTIN IS THE GREATEST WRESTLER EVER

Innovator
10-24-2004, 03:22 PM
I love Stone Cold. He can go in the ring but his neck injury forced him to be more of a brawler. He always entertained me. When he got put into the Co-GM/Sheriff stuff, he was getting the biggest face pops out there. It was obvious people wanted to see him, but I feel for him because he did the role, and it was plain to see how much he wanted to wrestle.

Cruiserweight 3:16
10-24-2004, 06:54 PM
I find it really hyppocritical that most people talk about how awful Hogan is for holding down talent, yet Austin does the same thing and everyone sings his praises as to how amazing he is

Tornado
10-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Jericho should never win the World title again, his last title reign was the worst in recent history. Even JBL is a more entertaining champion.

AUSTIN IS THE GREATEST WRESTLER EVER

must......resist....urge....to....kill.

Mike the Metal Ed
10-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Canada and UK fans is too biased.

We is? :?:

Nacho Man
10-24-2004, 07:17 PM
I want- shocking as it might sound- just one more Hall/Nash run in the WWE.

I think JBL is a great champion, and his gimmick is brilliant.

I am a huge HHH mark even though I am well aware that backstage he is a real political mover.

I disliked Benoit's title reign after Wrestlemania, and started to wonder if the bookers were right all along and Benoit wasn't up to it.

Steve Austin and The Rock were so irritating by 1999 that I stopped watching wrestling.

CosaNostra
10-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I want- shocking as it might sound- just one more Hall/Nash run in the WWE.

I think JBL is a great champion, and his gimmick is brilliant.

I am a huge HHH mark even though I am well aware that backstage he is a real political mover.

I disliked Benoit's title reign after Wrestlemania, and started to wonder if the bookers were right all along and Benoit wasn't up to it.

Steve Austin and The Rock were so irritating by 1999 that I stopped watching wrestling.
If you stopped watching wrestling 1999, what makes you think that you can comment with any authority on Benoit's title reign? Or JBL's? Or what HHH is doing backstage?

:nono:

loopydate
10-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Ted Dibiase overrated, never did anything special and suck after 92
Clear sign you haven't been watching very long.

DiBiase was amazing in the '80s. He was the top heel in the company for almost half the decade and, if he hadn't run into injury problems in the early '90s would probably have been one of the top guys well into that decade.

If you don't think DiBiase ever did anything special, find a copy of Wrestlemania IV.

Aussie Skier
10-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Yeah it would be worth millions of dollars of Ted Turner's money in lost lawsuits. More money than you would be paying Bret Hart over his whole contract.

You moron!

If that was the case, they could have gone up to anybody while under contract to the WWF and just took them. Shawn Michaels spent most of 1997 trying to get out of his deal so he could join his buddies in WCW. They could have just said "here's $2 million, come to us and we'll just pay off Vince in court".

firstly...big asumptions there.
how on earth do you know how much bret hart's contract is, and how much they would get sued. Would they even get sued anything if they just watermarked the belt?

As for Shawn michaels wanting to leave WWE, u sure about that?
he did some crazy stuff, but apparently, all the news about him wanting to leave was not real, and that the wwe made it all up

CosaNostra
10-25-2004, 07:40 AM
And for the record, Shawn Michaels has the record of number of titles lost without stepping in a wrestling ring.

Yeah, "I lost my smile". :roll: He'd rather be stripped of a title then job it to someone. Thats pathetic.

Drakul
10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
UK fans is too biased.
I think its actually the USA fans that are biased.If your not from America then the chances are you will be booed.

GODSON
10-25-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm talking about on here. Regal in the top 10 but Hogan not. Regal never had a classic match in the WWE or WCW. Hogan had plenty but yet Regal still above him. Same can be said for Lance Storm.

Canada is the fans who will boo you if you not from Canada.

Ted Dibiase was good but number 2 on the list? Above freakin Stone Cold Steve Austin. Same can be said about Owen Hart.

People on here love to pull for the underdogs. Guys who actually had a successful careers like Hogan and HHH will always be hated on.

Fignuts
10-25-2004, 11:21 AM
HHH does not hold anyone down. Yes I'm sure he has a little bit more pull because he is married to steph, but he was in vince's ear long before that. Why? Because he is all around the best wrestler in wwe right now. Sure there are some guys who do certain things better than hunter, but HHH has the whole package. Benoit is the better technical wrestler but lacks any mic work.
Same with angle, but angle's flaw is his storytelling. The only person I could really compare him to right now is shawn micheals. Point is Hunter got to where he is by working his ass off for years, and consistently performing well in every aspect of the business.(2003 rumble notwithstanding. :shifty: ) Oh, and for all you people complaining about HHH holding the belt so long, lets not forget that by doing so, he restored credibility to a title that was once held by vince russo and david arquette.

JBL
I was so disgusted when I saw JBL win the title. Now....I rejoice when he retains it. Is he a great wrestler? No, but there is more to putting on a great match than being a technical genius. Watch Judgement day. Its a really good match. He plays the heel champion to perfection as well. He is by far one of the most entertaining characters on Smackdown, and does not get nearly enough credit.

Carlito has more potential than Orton
I'm a big Orton fan. Really. But there are still some visible flaws that he needs to work around. I don't think he should have become champ until WM 21. Carlito on the other hand looks very promising, both in the ring and out and I can't wait to see whats in store for him.

Pepsi Man
10-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Bret. I am just so sick of still listening to him whine about it all.
He was leaving the WWF. He was in a match with Shawn. From what I understand happened originally it was written where he was going to win the match, then Vince decided that he couldn't leave with the belt, then Shawn was supposed to win. Then Vince said the hell with it and let them fight it out in the ring and whoever won won. If that is the case, no one screwed Bret and he needs to get over himself. Maybe he is just pissed that Shawn stripped naked after winnin the belt and was invited to do Playgirl and he wasn't. LOL
All I'm going to say to that is :D :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Loose Cannon
10-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Bret. I am just so sick of still listening to him whine about it all. He was leaving the WWF. He was in a match with Shawn. From what I understand happened originally it was written where he was going to win the match, then Vince decided that he couldn't leave with the belt, then Shawn was supposed to win. Then Vince said the hell with it and let them fight it out in the ring and whoever won won. If that is the case, no one screwed Bret and he needs to get over himself. Maybe he is just pissed that Shawn stripped naked after winnin the belt and was invited to do Playgirl and he wasn't. LOL

First, Vince and Bret agreed the match would end in a DQ Finish. Why do you think HHH came down there? Bret was suppossed to reverse HBK's sharpshooter and then HHH and Chyna were suppossed to run out. Then the Harts were going to run out.

Second, no, he's not pissed about Shawn stripping naked. :wtf:

John la Rock
10-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Ok here it goes

The Rock - VERY UNDERRATED IN THE RING, he can wrestle an hour, tells a great story in the ring, and can sell like a mother fucker, greatest wrestler ever. can do everything. Best promo skills of all time, most charasmatic wrestler of all time hands down

Triple H - STILL GREAT in the ring and on the mic, he is by far the biggest name on Raw and deserves all the credit in the world. so what if he's a politician backstage? other wrestlers like Jericho and Benoit should do the same.

Shawn Michaels - ABSOLUTELY SUCKS AS A FACE, HBK was one of the best heels when he and HHH were terrorizing the company as DX. the guy needs to turn quick. and I thnk that all this "Jesus" shit is a fucking joke

JBL - GREAT PERFORMER, his character is amazing, if he became US champ instead of WWE champ people would not have complained

AJ STYLES - AJ WHO???? The biggest highlight of his career was jobbing to the Hurricane on Metal. TNA IS A JOKE. Come join the big boys in the WWE. How this guy got a higher rating then HHH, Hogan, Foley, Flair, and Benoit is a disgrace

Nacho Man
10-25-2004, 05:31 PM
If you stopped watching wrestling 1999, what makes you think that you can comment with any authority on Benoit's title reign? Or JBL's? Or what HHH is doing backstage?

Sorry, should have specified that I started watching wrestling again in 2001- wouldn't it be a bit strange to still be on wrestling boards if I hadn't watched wrestling in 5 years!? :lol:

Aussie Skier
10-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Sorry, should have specified that I started watching wrestling again in 2001- wouldn't it be a bit strange to still be on wrestling boards if I hadn't watched wrestling in 5 years!? :lol:

ohhhh yeaaaaah, that would be strange :)

Rob
10-26-2004, 06:01 PM
firstly...big asumptions there.
how on earth do you know how much bret hart's contract is, and how much they would get sued. Would they even get sued anything if they just watermarked the belt?

As for Shawn michaels wanting to leave WWE, u sure about that?
he did some crazy stuff, but apparently, all the news about him wanting to leave was not real, and that the wwe made it all up

How do I know how much Bret's contract was? Because it was public knowledge!!! He left the WWF for $8 million over 3 years. He was under a very large contract with the WWF (can't recall the numbers right now but it was something like $7 million for 3 years and $10 million for the next 17 years in a backstage role).

McLegend
10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm really starting to like HHH. I know his backstage poltics suck, but I find him fun to watch.

Mister Sinister
10-27-2004, 08:35 PM
okay, I guess it's my turn to finally be able to do some talking...

As for the people complaining, that Regal's and Storms shouldn't be in the top 10, because they haven't had any classic matches...

Well it's True, They haven't, however, that doesn't nessecary, make them lower ranked...yes they didn't have the huge push and overness, because they were never really given that chance...Sid, did have the overness, because he was pushed and he was in Classic Matches...only because he was pushed and the Talent, they was carrying him thru the matches...You always talk about how HBk and Sid is a Classic, It wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for HBK, making Sid look like gold, instead of like the piece of shit that he is.

Just because Storm and Regal haven't had classic matches doesn't make them worse then Sid...Because with Sid...It's 2 matches....surrounded by 150 Shitty Matches, while with Storm and Regal, you may not have Classic Matches, but you still have 152 good matches, because they are talented, unlike the former.

If Regal and Storm were given the Push that Sid was given, as well as the chances to have as good of matches as they want with HBK at the PPV, they would make the Sid v. HBK match, look like nothing

Aussie Skier
10-28-2004, 07:15 AM
It wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for HBK, making Sid look like gold, instead of like the piece of shit that he is.

intersting choice of words :p :naughty:

GODSON
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
okay, I guess it's my turn to finally be able to do some talking...

As for the people complaining, that Regal's and Storms shouldn't be in the top 10, because they haven't had any classic matches...

Well it's True, They haven't, however, that doesn't nessecary, make them lower ranked...yes they didn't have the huge push and overness, because they were never really given that chance...Sid, did have the overness, because he was pushed and he was in Classic Matches...only because he was pushed and the Talent, they was carrying him thru the matches...You always talk about how HBk and Sid is a Classic, It wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for HBK, making Sid look like gold, instead of like the piece of shit that he is.

Just because Storm and Regal haven't had classic matches doesn't make them worse then Sid...Because with Sid...It's 2 matches....surrounded by 150 Shitty Matches, while with Storm and Regal, you may not have Classic Matches, but you still have 152 good matches, because they are talented, unlike the former.

If Regal and Storm were given the Push that Sid was given, as well as the chances to have as good of matches as they want with HBK at the PPV, they would make the Sid v. HBK match, look like nothing
So basically you judging Storm and Regal by a bunch of IF's. If they got push,etc. Since they never got push, why give them high scores? How can Booker not be in the top 10 and he had classic matches,great interviews and tons of good matches but yet Regal and Storm is in the top 10. Even Hogan is not in the top 10 and he had classic matches,alot of good matches,great promos and fueds and is the most popular wrestler ever. Do you people really think Regal and Storm is better than Hogan? No but since politics is the only thing you think about, Hogan gets screw. I think HHH did'nt make the top 10 either(not sure).

Why is Ted Dibiase and Owen is above Austin and Sting? Can anybody give me an argument why Dibiase and Owen is better than Austin and Sting?

Hired Hitman
10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
It is personal Opinion.

Mister Sinister
10-28-2004, 07:30 PM
No...What I was saying was....You came Sid is so much better then Storm and Regal...and he defiantly has the Edge in Overness, and you're right he does have the Edge in classic matches....however...Sid hardly ever has a good match...

Okay....v. HBK was good, but mostly because HBK carried him thru the entire match, should Sid be consider a God in the ring, because Michaels carried him and made him look like gold?

Wargames....Well it's hard to judge Sid on Wargames, because if I'm not mistaken, 7 other guys were in the ring with him...Plus, was Sid perfomance that electricflying? I doubt it....Plus mostly, all the Wargames matches are considered Classic, because the IDEA and the hype is great....You saying Wargames was a great Sid match....is like saying, Wargames 98, was a great Stevie Ray & Warrior Match.

Okay, now that you got his supposely classic matches out of the war, what do you have left?Undertaker v. Sid for the belt? That can hardly be consider great....Yes the Buildup for Taker winning the belt was great, but the match itself wasn't....The only thing great, well not really great but unusual that perheps makes the match stand out....is Sid shitted his panties

But all thoses matches you consider Classic, are only Classic, for the fact that they had great buildup, and were told well, not because they were wrestle well...and Sid can hardly be given the Credit for them.

Now, I'm not judging Storm and Regal....and let me just say this, without anyone getting made at me....it's my opinion and just that...a Opinion, but I like Storm alot more then Regal.

I'm just was saying, the only reason, they haven't had Classic Matches, was because they're never been pushed and put in a situlation to...Mostly because they aren't over 6'6" and Near 300 lbs, Or because they had some over the top Character....Plus they are Wrestlers....To say they suck, because they haven't had classic matches unlike Sid and should automatically, be ranked lower then him because of that, it sorta bias...but I can see why you would say that....however most of the people on the boards....which would be mostly, the Majority of the forums....Perheps Talent over Character....which is why, you see, people who can wrestle with the best of them and why, Guy's like Sid, Nash and Bradshaw get lower scores...

But all in all? Why Complain about who is ranked higher? I mean...It's not like it's going to be posted by Vince McMahon and listed as the Officiall List of The Top 100 Wrestlers ever....It's all just opinion...

And Because it's Opinions of about 250 different people....it's going to be altered from yours.

BigDaddyCool
10-28-2004, 08:13 PM
JBL rocks balls.

Rob
10-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Don't you mean "sucks balls"?

tucsonspeed6
10-29-2004, 06:16 PM
OK, being that I started this thread, I feel that I should occasionally post in it, so here's my rant:

I hate it when people instantly change their collective minds about the product. Six months ago Kane was being over used, and anyone over 250 lbs was NOT to be trusted because they were gonna get mega pushes anyway and they're slow and clumsy. (I understand that this may not have been shared by everyone here, but if you go far enough back, like to January or so, you'll find a few threads where somebody said that Kane was just another big slow hoss and didn't deserve to be where he was.

If you know me, you know that I don't hold a lot of really dramatic standpoints on many of these issues, so whether Kane is used or not doesn't bother me. It's just the fact that nobody seems to be able to make up their minds around here.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2004, 06:46 PM
OK, being that I started this thread, I feel that I should occasionally post in it, so here's my rant:

I hate it when people instantly change their collective minds about the product. Six months ago Kane was being over used, and anyone over 250 lbs was NOT to be trusted because they were gonna get mega pushes anyway and they're slow and clumsy. (I understand that this may not have been shared by everyone here, but if you go far enough back, like to January or so, you'll find a few threads where somebody said that Kane was just another big slow hoss and didn't deserve to be where he was.

If you know me, you know that I don't hold a lot of really dramatic standpoints on many of these issues, so whether Kane is used or not doesn't bother me. It's just the fact that nobody seems to be able to make up their minds around here.

I'm not sure if I agree with you there. I'm sure there are people who said he's nothing special, but Kane's ability to go in there and light up the ring with his character and effort give off a match that is usually a "B" grading in terms of quality.

I've always been a fan of Kane, because he was the bigger guy that had the mask. I was immediately drawn into his world, and was thinking "why does he hide his face?" when I found out I was immediately speculating on the character. Did he hate his brother? Would he do the same thing to him? And all that jazz.

Kane has always been my favourite, and I would love to see Kane go back to wearing a full mask, by deliberately burning his face. I think it would be an interesting storyline to have Kane re-destroy his humanity.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2004, 06:48 PM
So basically you judging Storm and Regal by a bunch of IF's. If they got push,etc. Since they never got push, why give them high scores? How can Booker not be in the top 10 and he had classic matches,great interviews and tons of good matches but yet Regal and Storm is in the top 10. Even Hogan is not in the top 10 and he had classic matches,alot of good matches,great promos and fueds and is the most popular wrestler ever. Do you people really think Regal and Storm is better than Hogan? No but since politics is the only thing you think about, Hogan gets screw. I think HHH did'nt make the top 10 either(not sure).

Why is Ted Dibiase and Owen is above Austin and Sting? Can anybody give me an argument why Dibiase and Owen is better than Austin and Sting?

Remember, it is a Rate the Wrestler. You go by the character's ability to perform, and wrestle. Both Regal & Storm are higher ranked (in most people's opinions" than Sid in this area. Regal & Storm possess great technical skill, and can cut decent promos. Sid had the size, but he didn't have the mat skills to egt a really high ranking. A guy with a rating of 40 somehting has been the WWE Champion, so it just goes to show image, size and character can play a huge part in the industry.

Innovator
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Big man wrestling is dying...

ROH is the next ECW, can challenge if it gets going as a company