PDA

View Full Version : WWE Creating More Brands?

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2004, 02:29 AM
Apparently Shane McMahon discussed in a recent interview that the WWE are entertaining the idea of more brands. He even went as far to say that a boxing brand may be one of them.

I'm not a huge fan of boxing, and although it woul dbe itneresting to see "angles" in a boxing federation, I don't know if it would work. It could win the wrestling part of the WWE more fans, however.

I hope we see Paul Heyman as the GM of a new wrestling brand. Bobby Heenan or Shane McMahon as well. A complete roster redraft would be the best way to accomplish this, IMO.

Dave Youell
10-25-2004, 04:13 AM
I doubt they would do angles, or even have a federation anything like Wrestling as it's insane to think that a boxer can work 4 times a week!

I think this will bomb like the XFL, there's already 4 different boxing commisions, why would any high profile boxers want to have to compete for a 5th?

FourFifty
10-25-2004, 05:39 AM
<font color=cyan>Please God, don't let Vince do another XFL/WBF...

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2004, 06:12 AM
I actually think a "Nitro" brand or "Velocity" brand would be interesting. I really disagree with the boxing one, though.

Shaggy
10-25-2004, 09:15 AM
I think it might be interesting if they took Boxing and let the wrestlers fight it out for real. Fans would buy that. But sadly fans will think that anything with Vince must be rigged so he might want to leave his name off what ever he decides to do. Thats what I think made the XFL fail. That and the fact that they actually started to do storylines on the damn thing.

Mike the Metal Ed
10-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I think it might be interesting if they took Boxing and let the wrestlers fight it out for real. Fans would buy that. But sadly fans will think that anything with Vince must be rigged so he might want to leave his name off what ever he decides to do. Thats what I think made the XFL fail. That and the fact that they actually started to do storylines on the damn thing.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/ppv/wm15/butterbean-wm15.jpg

:shifty:

123 kid
10-25-2004, 12:32 PM
If the WWE makes a third brand it should be just for the cruiserweights. Having a cruiserweight title and cruiserweight tag team titles. All of the cruiserweights in the WWE would go to this brand. The roster would look something like this:
Rey Mysterio
Matt Hardy
Chavo Guererro
Billy Kidman
Paul London
Funaki
Shannon Moore
Spike Dudley
Ultimo Dragon
Gregory Helms
Tajiri
Nunzio
Jimmy Yang
Maven?
Steven Richards?
If I've missed anyone please tell me.

Also the WWE should try and hire people such as:

AJ Styles
Petey Williams
Jeff Hardy
Low Ki
Christopher Daniels etc etc.
Thats if this were to happen :-\

But as for right now, I'm happy with the two brands.

GODSON
10-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Actually, I want the current brand split too end.

Evolution
10-25-2004, 01:50 PM
How many threads have there been on this already? Rumors about a WCW brand, an ECW brand, a Cruiserweight brand.

I'd be happy if it did happen. I mean the point of the brand extension was to give more talent air time. But they keep hiring more people, so there are still people who don't get a chance. With extra brands, they would get their shot at the limelight and stars could be made quicker.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oh, HardKore UK, how strange is it I was watching WrestleMania XV about 2 hours ago and now you have that pic up?

Innovator
10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Boxing is already dead, might as well give it a shot

tucsonspeed6
10-25-2004, 02:43 PM
Is "Heat" considered a brand, or are they joking when they say that Stevie Richards is the GM? I know they use all of the same wrestlers as Raw, but it's still kind of inbetween.

FourFifty
10-25-2004, 04:06 PM
<font color=cyan>I'm happy with Raw and SmackDown. If the WWE comes up with a new brand they shouldn't call it part of the WWE. Take the best from ECW and WCW. Small, cult base of ECW that'll keep it going, with the class that WCW had before it was Russoed (yes, that is a real word :shifty: trust me on this one). It can be done... but not right now...
From what I hear ratings aren't as good as they used to be. The WWE needs to wait 'till they can get the buyrates up BEFORE going into football, movies, boxing, or another wrestling brand.

Mayo
10-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Vince + anything but wrestling = crap

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I can see the WWE creating a brand with the Hardcore Division as its specialty. The cruiserweight idea is OK, but I can see it bombing as well. I think it would be best to either completely redraft the brands, and have Heat & Velocity house a PPV quality card, or create a third brand (Nitro, with Thunder as a "B" show?), and have the talent divided among it.

samichna
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Nah hardcore wrestling is dead I think.

Mr. JL
10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Vince + wrestling + 2004 = crap

The CyNick
10-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Boxing is already dead, might as well give it a shot

Yeah that last De La Hoya fight really did some terrible business.