PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Fall of ECW DVD: Wow Good Stuff.

Loose Cannon
10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
This post contains a huge amount of information regarding the upcoming Rise and Fall of ECW DVD, set for a November release...

Chapters:

Early ECW
The Public Enemy
Taz
Sabu
Terry Funk
The Night The Line Was Crossed
Paul Heyman vs. WCW
Tommy Dreamer
The Sandman
Sandman-Dreamer Feud
ECW Evolution
Cactus Jack
Mikey Whipwreck
The Extreme Begins
Philadelphia
Technical Wrestlers
Production Value
The Fans
Raven/Dreamer
Sabu Gets fired
Taz breaks his neck
The Monday Night War
Lucha Libre
Steve Austin Comes to ECW
Promos
Cactus Jack Leaves ECW
Taz returns
Sandman/Raven
The bWo
Beulah & Dreamer
ECW & WWE
The Crucifixion
The importance of PPV
ECW loses the PPV
The PPV is back on
WWE Co-promotion
Barely Legal: Lance Storm vs. RVD
Barely Legal: Taz vs. Sabu
Barely Legal: The Main Event
Raven goes to WCW and Jerry Lawler invades ECW
A Locker Room mole?
The Superstars' Roles (a discussion of everyone's out of the ring responsibilities)
Paul Heyman's creativity
WCW & WWE's ECW Imitation
Taz & the FTW Title
The Dudleys: the most hated tag team
Financial Woes
The TNN Deal & Taz Leaves
The Dudleys Leave ECW
Disappointment with TNN
RVD - the whole F'n show
Mike Awesome controversy & Tommy Dreamer wins the title
The Demise of ECW
Paul Heyman debuts on Raw

Easter Eggs

The Public Enemy training Mikey Whipwreck for his ECW World title match against the Sandman

Michael Cole being shown an injury by Rob Van Dam from his feud with Jerry Lynn

The build to Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Tazz tells a story about a phone call he made to Paul Heyman while on his way to Madison Square Garden for his WWE debut.

Complete matches as extras:

ECW World Tag Team chanmpions Raven & Stevie Richards vs. The Pitbulls - Best of Three Falls Dog Collar Match (Gangstas Paradise, September 1995)

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis - Best of Three Falls (October 1995, ECW Arena)

ECW World champion The Sandman vs. Mikey Whipwreck - Ladder Match (10/28/95 ECW Arena) - First Time Ever released in its entirety.

ECW World Television champion 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu (Cyberslam '96, 30 minute draw, February 1996)

Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer - the final confrontation (WrestlePalooza '97, June 1997)
Scheduled to feature alternative commentary

ECW World Television champion Tazz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (Living Dangerously '98 PPV, February 1998)
Scheduled to feature alternative commentary

ECW World Television champion Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn (Hardcore Heaven '99 PPV, May 1999)

Extras:

Steven Richards Apologises for Leaving ECW

Tazz Seeks Paul Heyman's Blessing

Paul Heyman: Travel Agent

- In addition to the above, the never before seen angle where The Sandman was crucified by Raven and his nest does appear on the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD.

The angle is seen in several clips with Kurt Angle (Angle was at the show and was very angry and upset about the angle) and Steven Richards discussing it.

People featured on the DVD for comments include Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon, Tommy Dreamer, former ECW producer Ron Buffone, Mick Foley, Nunzio (Little Guido in ECW), Bubba Ray Dudley, Chris Jericho, D-Von Dudley, Tazz, Mick Foley, Al Snow, and Spike Dudley.

Apparently, Vince McMahon confirms that Paul Heyman was under WWE payroll during ECW's run, partially in return for talent that left ECW for the then-WWF.

The main feature of the DVD is said to run close to three hours total in a documentary-style presentation.

Full Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com

------------------------------------------

I just totally marked out reading that. I not a big ECW fan, but 3 hours of documentary style :eek: That's my favorite style WWE DVD's. Hottness to the EXTREME. See what I did there :naughty:

Disturbed316
10-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, its should be an awesome dvd.

Jonster
10-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Might get that one if I see it.

DaveWadding
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM
WILL be buying that.

LK
10-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Very cool looking DVD

John la Rock
10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Does it have Paul Heyman's shoot interview on Vince from Smackdown?

JJ Moore
10-26-2004, 07:52 PM
That's a keeper

Hardkore Kidd J
10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
SWEET! :)

Gone Mad
10-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again: Man, I am so gonna buy that dvd. One turn-off though would be the fact that we probably won't be able to hear Joey Styles and his wonderful catchphrase: 'OH MY GOD!"

SuperSlim
10-26-2004, 10:51 PM
that DVD is mine as soon as it comes out.

Pegasus Crawford
10-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Personally, my most anticipated DVD since the Mick Foley DVD.

MVP
10-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Definitely picking up a copy of that when it comes out.

Sensei Of Mattitude
10-26-2004, 11:44 PM
I creamed myself

ECW made everything better

plus it was from SOUTH PHILADELPHIA!!!!!!!!!

HeartBreakMan2k
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Personally, my most anticipated DVD since the <strike>Mick Foley</strike> Shawn Michaels DVD.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-26-2004, 11:48 PM
Hope that early ECW chapter includes Shane's shoot. I've only seen it once, but I really really want to have it in my media collection.

Boondock Saint
10-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Yeah, cannot wait. Didn't get to see much ECW until towards the end of their TNN run/existence. So this should be some really good/interesting/new stuff for me.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-26-2004, 11:54 PM
I've seen a ton of ECW, HUGE mutant. Got a ton of crappy shot matches on tapes, buying tapes when they were small. Have a ton from when Taz was Tazmaniac, and even further back. ECW was probably the best times I had watching wrestling since I was a very young HBK mark. I had gotten out of wrestling quite a bit until I came across a ton of ECW tapes, hooked me all over again. Not so much stuff like New Jack and Sabu, but guys like Benoit, Eddie, Taz, Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn, Rey, all these guys were able to work unrestricted matches. Made for a great show.

Boondock Saint
10-26-2004, 11:57 PM
I've seen a ton of ECW, HUGE mutant. Got a ton of crappy shot matches on tapes, buying tapes when they were small. Have a ton from when Taz was Tazmaniac, and even further back. ECW was probably the best times I had watching wrestling since I was a very young HBK mark. I had gotten out of wrestling quite a bit until I came across a ton of ECW tapes, hooked me all over again. Not so much stuff like New Jack and Sabu, but guys like Benoit, Eddie, Taz, Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn, Rey, all these guys were able to work unrestricted matches. Made for a great show.

Yeah, those are the types of matches I'm most interested in seeing/learning about.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, those are the types of matches I'm most interested in seeing/learning about.That's the good stuff. If you ever come across Eddie vs Dean at Hostile showdown, get it quickly and watch it over and over. Run time of that match is around 30 mins. Um, Lynn vs RVD matches tended to be great and repeated themselves very little. While a lot of the moves were the same, it's amazing that their matches differed so much considering how often they wrestled each other. Most anything Taz is great, save the "shoot fight" he had with Jericho. That one would have been great had they not tried to build it as a shoot fight. Rey's stuff is priceless there, as is Benoit's. Lynn's shit was gold no matter who he wrestled. That man could carry Sabu to a good match had he had the chance. Basically, when ECW had wrestling. It was some of the best wrestling in the business because they were allowed to go out and still the show. If they were the first match on the card, and tore the house down, well that just meant that everyone after them worked that much harder. Raven was great in ECW. Ah, I'm rambling now. I love ECW

Innovator
10-27-2004, 01:05 AM
*sheds tear of joy*

E-C-W

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2004, 01:13 AM
How can I not ask for this for Christmas?

Lara Emily
10-27-2004, 01:40 AM
They better feature the chairshot heard around the world, looks totally sweet though

The Ravishing One
10-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Awesome DVD. I'm looking forward to this one.

Mikey
10-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Good shit there

BlackDawn2024
10-28-2004, 04:31 AM
How could anyone NOT love ECW? I mean, I'm sure there are people who don't, but I don't see how you can't love it. I'm definitely getting this DVD for Christmas. ECW, biznatch!

123 kid
10-28-2004, 06:57 PM
That DVD is a must have, I'll be asking Santa for one this year.

123 kid
10-28-2004, 07:00 PM
E-SEE-DUBYAH...
E-SEE DUBYAH...
E-SEE DUBYAH

:'(

Hardkore Kidd J
10-28-2004, 07:53 PM
How could anyone NOT love ECW? I mean, I'm sure there are people who don't, but I don't see how you can't love it. I'm definitely getting this DVD for Christmas. ECW, biznatch!

The people who do not love ECW have never watched ECW IMO.

BlackDawn2024
10-29-2004, 03:40 AM
The people who do not love ECW have never watched ECW IMO.

:yes:

Pegasus Crawford
11-17-2004, 04:08 AM
So I got the DVD today, and watched it all the way through. Excellent DVD, I must say. When I saw the crucifiction of the Sandman, I was like.: "whoa."

Jericho in his interview regarding Paul Heyman: The Travel Agent = :lol:

Funky Fly
11-17-2004, 04:35 AM
So I got the DVD today, and watched it all the way through. Excellent DVD, I must say. When I saw the crucifiction of the Sandman, I was like.: "whoa."

Jericho in his interview regarding Paul Heyman: The Travel Agent = :lol:
I just watched Disc 1, and I must say, if you have ever been a fan of ECW, hardcore wrestling or even the WWE today, this DVD is a must have. Also, you get a free RVD toy with it, for all you youngsters and colllectors out there. I guess nobody was buying his action figure. :-\

Xero
11-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Getting it today or tomorrow through Amazon. I still have almost the entire second disc of the Benoit DVD to watch, plus the entire Eddie Guerrero DVD set, but I'll put them on hold for the ECW DVD. Is the documentry really great? How much detail does it go into? I mean, the Monday Night War DVD was pretty detailed, and that was like an hour and a half.

I can't wait for this. :drool:

PorkSoda
11-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Going to best buy today, im going to buy the DVD and a cheeseburger and edges book and some salty fries and some cheedo’s and some hot tomallies…..

DaveWadding
11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Also, you get a free RVD toy with it, for all you youngsters and colllectors out there. I guess nobody was buying his action figure. :-\
I heard somewhere that you got a free ECW skullcap...anyone find that?

Anyway, since DeepDiscountDVD is having a 20% off sale this week, I bought the DVD for $14.50, but I have to wait for it. so :-\

samichna
11-17-2004, 01:43 PM
So it's out now? WORD UP

samichna
11-17-2004, 01:44 PM
I don't even watch wrestling anymore, but I think I am going to go out right now and buy it.

DaveWadding
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Do it, Sacha.

RGWhat316
11-17-2004, 02:52 PM
I have a friend who just bought it, so I might borrow his copy. But he tried to go tto Best Buy within the hour when they opened, and the DVD was already sold out, so he got it at FYE instead. So this DVD is doing big business this week.

Tornado
11-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Gotta wait till Dec for this in the UK... :(

Loose Cannon
11-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Well guess what just came in the mail :naughty:

Innovator
11-17-2004, 03:36 PM
I ordered it from highspots.com

it shipped last thursday, arrived last friday...AT MY HOME DAMMIT. Ups fucked up. You ask for it to be sent to your college, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO UPS HAS TO FUCK UP MY ECW!

McLegend
11-17-2004, 05:02 PM
I didn't see this mentioned just curious.

Do they talk about the Terry Funk & Sabu barbed wire match that was even too extreme for ECW.

Took
11-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Is the promo involving Brian Pillman threatening to piss on the "smart marks" in this thing? Is there any Pillman in it at all?

PorkSoda
11-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Just bought it. Havent watched it yet, gonna right now :naughty:

Gone Mad
11-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Took, if you want the Pillman 'smart marks' promo, get the ECW dvd, Path of Destruction and you'll see it's an easter egg in the menu.

I still don't have this damn dvd yet! I need some money... TO THE EXTREME!

Took
11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Took, if you want the Pillman 'smart marks' promo, get the ECW dvd, Path of Destruction and you'll see it's an easter egg in the menu.

I still don't have this damn dvd yet! I need some money... TO THE EXTREME!

Thank you. Appreciated alot. :y:

Loose Cannon
11-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok, haven't finished it yet. Up to the Dudleys. But BEST FUCKING WRESTLING RELATED PRODUCT I'VE EVER PURCHASED. Oh my god (no pun intended) it was just insane. Now keep in mind I was NEVER a big fan of ECW. I never really watched it when it was on back in the mid 90's and only started watching it religiously when it was on TNN. It came on at 2 AM where I lived (New Rochelle. NY) and I was never up that late.

Okay, first of all, if you like hearing stories about the wrestling business from the wrestlers and promoters, this DVD is DEFINATELY for you. I have learned so much about ECW, behind the scenes and in the ring, in the last 2 hours. The Documentary part is pretty long and has so many great stories and tales about ECW. It covers the major characters, angles and backstage sories about ECW. There was one part where Heyman was saying how he suspected a few moles in ECW that were working for WCW to try and get them info. A couple of guys suspected Alfonzo and Todd Gordon were the guys. Heyman fired Gordon because of this.

They showed the Crucifixtion angle, which I have never seen before and was just insane. Like myself, Richards and Meanie are Catholic and they were really uncalm about tying Sandman to a cross. They said how Kurt Angle was actually there that night and he was so offended by that angle that he wanted nothing to do with the show or ECW after that. That was some good shit though

Some excellent emotional stories in there when Benoit and the gang left for ECW. ECW's first PPV where Funk won the Title. I know some of you will shed a few tears there.

Oh and the angle where Sandman's son turned on his dad and joined Raven. :eek: Woah, that kid has more acting skills then half of the WWE roster. That was purely awesome.

They went over the whole ECW invasion of the WWE pretty extensively and I have seen a lot of that already, but Wow, great times. And what the fuck Vinnie Mack. He comes on and was like "I thought helping out ECW was good for the business." Yeah, no shit. Take your own advice and look whom you can help out right now.

So many guys are interviewd here, from Dreamer to the Dudleys to Bischoff, to Heyman to Vince to Dawn Marie to Taz and a lot more.

All in all, best documentary I've ever seen, best wrestling video I've ever seen and I'm not even done yet. Even though I'm not a big fan of ECW style matches, I have a ton of respect for thier creativity and development of stories and characters. Also, I kind of feel a bond with ECW being from the North East and that's where most of those guys were from. I've met a couple of them through the years and there just everyday people. Devon lived right up the street from me once.

So Excellent DVD. Get the fuck out there right now (yeah, right now jackasses) and buy this. Forget about food, water, family, pets, bills, crack GET THIS DVD.

I give it a :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

Gertner
11-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Good God am I ever getting this dvd.

Eunos
11-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Ive only ever seen 2 shows of ECW.. But i think ill definatly be on the lookout for this one :)

PorkSoda
11-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Loose Cannon pretty much explained it for me. I'm not done with it yet either, only watched 1:20 minutes of it, and its fucking amazing. I was shocked with the crucifixion angle with Raven and the Sandman angle with his son, they both were just amazing and awesome.

So far, one of my favorites is Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman in the beginning with the kendo stick shots. Those were brutal and the story was so dramatic as well. I probably havent inspired any of you to pick this up, but go do it and reread LC's post :) :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :yes:

Azriel
11-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Does it feature "the chairshot heard around the world"?

Innovator
11-17-2004, 09:11 PM
this is amazing, halfway through

I'm going to cry at the end

Lara Emily
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Have to wait two weeks for it, local HMV didn't get it in yet :mad: gonna check futureshop tommorrow but doubtful.

Aussie Skier
11-17-2004, 10:12 PM
about ECW.
rmember spike dudley used to go to the ring with some girl

i have onyl watched 2 ECW shows, and 1 one of them, they said the girl had her teeth kicked in...was that real?

foodstampchamp
11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
If you were a wrestling fan during the Monday Night Wars or are curious about ECW, Get this dvd immediately, you are depriving yourself.

Innovator
11-17-2004, 10:35 PM
just finished, wow best WWE documentry hands the fuck down. I was literally one comment from Paulie away from crying. -EDIT- fuck it, I did shed a couple tears- WWE did ECW good with this.

ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW

FourFifty
11-17-2004, 10:55 PM
<font color=cyan>Pre-ordered it via bestbuy.com, waiting for it, I've been thinking about it all day it work, I am so gonna stain my shorts when I get it.

Innovator
11-17-2004, 11:08 PM
SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

The most emotional part I think is the extra with Taz getting Paul E.'s blessing. Seeing Taz break down is something I thought I'd never see.

Xero
11-18-2004, 10:15 AM
This was the best WWE DVD I've ever seen. GREAT shit, and they did it like they should. They didn't shit all over ECW. Very good and interesting stories.

Now if they would release the Rise and Fall of WCW, with the same type of 3 hour documentary, my DVD collection would be complete. The Monday Night Wars was okay, but if it was in this format... :drool:

Innovator
11-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Credit: PWInsider.com

Former ECW star Beulah McGuillicuty made her first public appearance since leaving the business in 1998 yesterday during WWE.com's Byte This Internet show, promoting the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD. McGuillicuty came on the air briefly via telephone to thank a fan that had correctly answered a trivia question about the lesbian angle ECW ran in April 1996.

After McGuillicuty had left the show, Paul Heyman noted that she was now married to Tommy Dreamer and at one point, turned down a $10,000 offer from ECW to return for one appearance against Dawn Marie during Dreamer's feud with Lance Storm. Heyman also noted that when she left, she was out so completely that ECW's videogame license Acclaim had to personally negotiate with her in order to include her as a legends character in the first ECW videogame, Hardcore Revolution.

A complete report on Byte This, which featured Paul Heyman, Tazz, Tommy Dreamer, Rob Van Dam, Bubba Ray Dudley, and Rey Mysterio discussing Extreme Championship Wrestling, is forthcoming.

HankScorpio
11-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know when this DVD will be released in the UK, I'm dying to see it!

Yashamaga
11-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I heard somewhere that you got a free ECW skullcap...anyone find that?

Yeah I'm wearing mine right now, got it at the FYE in the mall for $19.99 :y:

everywhere else was 29.99 and no cap :cool:

BEST DVD EVER. Inspired me to get back into wrestling

Innovator
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Credit: PWInsider.com

Former ECW star Beulah McGuillicuty made her first public appearance since leaving the business in 1998 yesterday during WWE.com's Byte This Internet show, promoting the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD. McGuillicuty came on the air briefly via telephone to thank a fan that had correctly answered a trivia question about the lesbian angle ECW ran in April 1996.

After McGuillicuty had left the show, Paul Heyman noted that she was now married to Tommy Dreamer and at one point, turned down a $10,000 offer from ECW to return for one appearance against Dawn Marie during Dreamer's feud with Lance Storm. Heyman also noted that when she left, she was out so completely that ECW's videogame license Acclaim had to personally negotiate with her in order to include her as a legends character in the first ECW videogame, Hardcore Revolution.

A complete report on Byte This, which featured Paul Heyman, Tazz, Tommy Dreamer, Rob Van Dam, Bubba Ray Dudley, and Rey Mysterio discussing Extreme Championship Wrestling, is forthcoming.
I just watched Byte This, Heyman was genuinly shocked when Beulah came on the phone

Disturbed316
11-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Gotta wait till Dec for this in the UK... :(

Which is why I'm getting it on Region 1. Only £9.99 :cool:

Baio
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I ordered it from highspots.com

it shipped last thursday, arrived last friday...AT MY HOME DAMMIT. Ups fucked up. You ask for it to be sent to your college, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO UPS HAS TO FUCK UP MY ECW!

UPS didnt fuck up you idiot. Learn to apply blame properly. You did not properly indicate that the ship-to was different from the bill-to.

Innovator
11-18-2004, 04:32 PM
UPS didnt fuck up you idiot. Learn to apply blame properly. You did not properly indicate that the ship-to was different from the bill-to.
actually they fucked up by switching the addresses. My order form had them shipping it to my college, but they shipped it to the billing address.

Leave your cynical shit in the casual forum, and out of an ECW thread.

Loose Cannon
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
lol, Baio posting in the wrestling section you loser

Corkscrewed
11-18-2004, 05:09 PM
I think i just found an early Christmas present. :drool:

SuperSlim
11-19-2004, 08:05 PM
I got it from FYE with teh skull cap.

I watched it all the way through today. Haven't watchd the 2nd disc yet but I tell you what the first disc is completely awesome. I mean if all it came with was that first disc. No skull cap, no 2nd disc. I still would have bought it. Even at the reg. price of 29.99. This DVD is definitely worth it. I've been a fan of ECW since I first found it flippin through channels sometime in 95. Back when Raven and Dreamer was gettin it on and stuff. Been with them until they went under. This DVD is well worth it. One of the best, nono I take that back. As of right now it is THE BEST DVD WWE has ever put out that I've seen. And I've seen a lot.

If there is even just the slightest hint inside of you that you want it then I would say go with that lil hunch and pick this DVD up. I guarantee that you will not regret making the investment.

PorkSoda
11-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Havent watched the whole thing yet, but I went to the extras just now and watched RVD against Jerry Lynn at Hardcore Heaven. Its an awesome match after like the 15-20 minute mark. RVD showboats WAY too much in the first like 10 minutes and it takes a little while for the actual entrances. But there were alot of high spots and it was back and forth while they were going at it and it was brilliant. Also, the crowd was hot all the way throughout the match, which is good. One thing that annoyed the shit out of me other than RVD's showboating was Bill Alfonzo's whistle. He should be shot for that :n: :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2004, 10:48 PM
I haven't got the DVD yet (comes out the 26th here), but I was wondering how good are the matches and the footage they show you. Is it enough to let you walk away feeling like you've been exposed to a large amount of what ECW offered the public, or does it feel more candid, in that you only receive a portion of what ECW was all about, and what it had to offer?

SuperSlim
11-19-2004, 11:03 PM
I take it you don't read too much do ya Alienoid. I mean I basically promoted that thing as a must get. Watch it and you will understand. Or at least read some of the posts on here (including mine) from those that have watched it.

Loose Cannon
11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
LOL, read the thread

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2004, 11:13 PM
I did, but it still really didn't answer my question. What kind of footage was shown? A bit of everything, all of everything, select things to go with the matches? I really enjoyed the unofficial reviews that you guys gave it (thanks, BTW, and I'm definately going to buy it), but I was just wondering what kind of format everything takes, and how they show us the footage? And does it let you wlak away feeling like you're an expert on ECW, or do you need to go out and find more to satisy your cravings?

BTW, do you think the WWE should re-release the ECW DVDs complete with bonus features (commentary, interviews, bonus matches, etc.)? I can see them selling like hotcakes with The Rise & Fall doing well.

RGWhat316
11-20-2004, 03:43 AM
I just got to borrow it from a friend, and I must say that this DVD is awesome. I rarely watched ECW, but just watching this made me wish I had watched more often. It's even amazing and almost upsetting to see how big some guys were, and to see how non-ECW they are today, is just unbelievable.

But this is also one of the best DVD's to know the real story. As there seem to be differing opinions on how ECW ended. From Bubba Dudley saying it ended due to bad business decisions, with Paul himself saying the only reason it ended is because they did not get a network in time.

Something else I'm interested in, did TNN give advertising to ECW after Heyman's "shoot" promo? I'm also a big NASCAR fan, and they used to be on TNN. And I can almost guarantee I've seen ECW ads during the NASCAR broadcasts around 99-00.

Lots more things I was shocked by and wish I had seen while it was on such as the crucifixion, Bubba Dudleys nasty comments to the crowd, and Tazz as a monster.

Great DVD, definitely a must have.

Gone Mad
11-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Got the DVD yesterday, and yeah, it was worth the wait. I loved the Paul Heyman/TNN shoot, those are the kinds of promos and whatnot I'd like to hear. Although I followed ECW from 96 and on, I did not know about the Sandman/Raven cross situation. That was ..something else (and I am not religious or anything but.. wow..). So, yes, this is a well made DVD and I am not done with the second dvd yet. Get it now.. TO THE EXTREME!! ..I miss ECW...

Oh, and I got the dvd at Best Buy for 16 dollars plus tax and it came with a free RVD figure for the first week. It is a stupid looking figure though..

Xero
11-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know where the easter eggs are? I can't find a site with them, and I can't be assed to look through every menu.

Nowhere Man
11-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Son of a bitch, I don't wanna have to wait till Christmas!

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
If they do something similiar with WCW now, I'd be happy. Think they'll do anything with ECW on RAW or SmackDown! now?

thecc
11-21-2004, 01:18 AM
I got it today and i absolutely love it.

DaveWadding
11-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Oh, and I got the dvd at Best Buy for 16 dollars plus tax and it came with a free RVD figure for the first week. It is a stupid looking figure though..
I ordered my for $14.50 :p

DaveWadding
11-21-2004, 01:32 AM
Does anyone know where the easter eggs are? I can't find a site with them, and I can't be assed to look through every menu.
Easter Eggs on the DVD include:

ECW Pulp Fiction Promo Montage
On Disc One, Go to Chapters. Highlight "Promos" and click left several times. A classic ECW "Pulp Fiction" promo montage featuring Stevie Richards, Mick Foley, The Public Enemy, Taz, Bill Alfonso, and many more will play.
The Public Enemy Train Mikey Whipwreck
On Disc Two, Go to Extras. Highlight the Mikey Whipwreck vs. Sandman listing, and click right. The vignette will then play.
Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow feud history
On Disc Two, Go to Extras. Highlight the Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow listing, and click left twice. The video feature will then play.
Rob Van Dam shows Michael Cole his scar
On Disc Two, Go to Extras. Highlight the Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn listing and click right. The clip will then play.

Xero
11-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks. :y:

HeartBreakMan2k
11-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Just out of curiousity, is Shane's shoot when he through down the Eastern Championship Wrestling world title down on the dvd?

Innovator
11-21-2004, 02:57 PM
yup, its in the documentary part

Xero
11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Just out of curiousity, is Shane's shoot when he through down the Eastern Championship Wrestling world title down on the dvd?
Just a note, it was the NWA championship, not the ECW championship. :y:

HeartBreakMan2k
11-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Just a note, it was the NWA championship, not the ECW championship. :y:
True, that was my mistake.

MVP
11-21-2004, 05:15 PM
I got it yesterday. I was really impressed with the documentary, especially how no information was concealed, everything was straight-forward. I never knew ECW was that crazy (Douglas throwing down the NWA title, Sandman being crucified, Sandman's son angle, the lesbians) because I was never able to watch it. I also never knew that ECW invaded WWE in 97--really slipped my mind there.

Even if you're not an ECW fan it's a great documentry for any wrestling fan to watch.

Gertner
11-21-2004, 07:47 PM
The DVD just makes me upset that ECW is gone. Even the lower card matches were tinteresting , because you never knew when a totally different match would break out of the original match. You'd have Nova and Doring going at it, and then all of a sudden it becomes doring and roadkill vs nova and chetti, and then new jack will come out, and it becomes something totally different. Amazing DVD>

HeartBreakMan2k
11-21-2004, 07:49 PM
The best part about ECW is something a lot of people don't think about. Fact is, pretty much the entire card had a purpose. EVERYONE involved was working a program; where as in WWE the top two spots on the card are built around programs, most everything else is just there.

Azriel
11-21-2004, 08:07 PM
I vaguely remember the ECW invasion. Didn't like King and Heyman have an arm wrestling match or something?

Mr. Nerfect
11-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Does anyone think they'll release a DVD with the "best matches" in ECW history? Like maybe make it a 5-disc set. With the sales The Rise and Fall is reeling in, would it hurt to maybe capitalise while the greatness is still in people's minds?

rob11
11-28-2004, 08:07 PM
I picked it up today at best buy and it kicked major ass. If I was just a bit older in the 90s, I would have taken the trip down the expressway to the bingo hall to watch some of those events. I still kinda miss ecw

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 12:42 AM
I miss the way Paul Heyman almost kept ECW alive in the WWE by really getting over guys like Rhyno. Heyman is actually responsible for the heat this guy got in 2001, IMO.

Lara Emily
12-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Finally fucking managed to find it in stores. Watched the entire documentary in one sitting. Fantastic, makes me miss the promotion so much. I was a total ECW mutant, well as much as one my age at the time (14 or 15) could be in Canada . I followed it primaly through WOW Magazine and the internet, I was so pumped when it came on TNN, but man did Disc 1 represent the siutation perfectly. TNN fucked ECW over, I remember one time watching it for the last minute or two of the show they shrunk the screen down to maybe 1/8th the size and ran an add for Roller Jam right up until the end of the show, it meant you could arely make out the finish of the damn match that was on TV. I firmly believe that TNN played one of the biggest roles in killing ECW.

Great DVD

Lara Emily
12-03-2004, 12:17 AM
I have but one complaint. They didn't use This is Extreme in any shape or form. I was dying to hear that music blast and watch some of the great moments of ECW in rapid succession.

Innovator
12-03-2004, 01:50 AM
I found it on the iTunes music store...THIS IS EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEME

Disturbed316
12-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Got my copy yesterday. This has to be the best dvd the WWE has put out. I started watching it at about 11pm last night and was watching it till about 4am. I followed ECW alitttle, but I because WCW was the only fed I could get at the time, I mainly followed that.

Some of the stuff on the dvd I remember seeing. The crucifiction of Sandman didn't really shock me that much now, but if I'd seen it a couple of years ago I probably would have been like everyone else in the areana was. I respect Raven even more now for when he came out and apologised for doing it. I loved how ECW didn't treat their fans like idiots. The firing of Sabu really showed that.

I loved every minute of this, and I have much more respect for Paul Heyman now. Hopefully a Rise and Fall of WCW will be released, that would be amazing to see.

Azriel
12-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, you sort of get that with the Monday Night Wars DVD.

Disturbed316
12-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Yeah, but there isn't much detail on it as a WCW fan would want, and no where near as much as this dvd. If they made a rise and fall of WCW, I would be in heaven.

Mr. Nerfect
12-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, you sort of get that with the Monday Night Wars DVD.

That's true, but it isn't really about WCW, and from its point of view. If the WWE have a DVD based even slightly around them, usually they make it focused around their sid eof the story. The Rise and Fall of ECW was a great change from this.

I wouldn't mind it if they released a three-disc DVD set for both promotions (ECW & WCW) with the greatest matches of each in it. That would be worth a few hands of cash.

Tornado
12-03-2004, 04:39 PM
God dammit I wish they'd hurry up and release this in the UK.