PDA

View Full Version : Adam Copeland On Edge (Book)

Shaggy
10-27-2004, 03:39 AM
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images/products/WWEBK005_L.JPG

Well most of us knew that Edge was writing a book but what I didnt know is that it was coming out in the middle of next month. Unlike most of the other superstars who have decided to write books Edge decided to be a heel when his book is released. Do you think that will mess up sells any? Then again I dont think many people will purchase his book anyway because alot of people just dont care about him and because now wwe is letting anyone write a book. I will probably pick it up anyways because I have been an Edge fan since the beginning.

Oh yea.....is it also true that Triple H already has his book out. I read somewhere that it came out like 4 months ago. (for those who dont know his book is a body building book...I think)

Pepsi Man
10-27-2004, 03:42 AM
If you think book sales are dependant on heel/face alignment, then I have four words for you. To Be The Man

Shaggy
10-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Well for Flair it didnt matter....he could of came on tv and said that he would kill everyones babies and that he been a nazi or something. Flair is a legend. Edge is nowhere near that status.

Pepsi Man
10-27-2004, 03:45 AM
Well for Flair it didnt matter....he could of came on tv and said that he would kill everyones babies and that he been a nazi or something. Flair is a legend. Edge is nowhere near that status.
The point is it really doesn't matter if a wrestler is a heel or a face when it comes to an autobiography. If the wrestler and his story are interesting/intriguing to people, then they will buy his book. If the people don't care about the wrestler or aren't convinced that his story will be special enough, then they will not buy his book.

Also sounds like you're trying to turn Flair into a JBL/Snitsky combo there. ;)

Shaggy
10-27-2004, 03:47 AM
true....I was just saying though that usually the wrestler wants to be a face when his book came out. For Flair it didnt matter. He knew that the minute his came out it would be gold. But other people like Foley I think it was wanted to make sure they kept his character a face when his book launched just so the little kids would be like "Yeaaaa Foley Rules I want his book" instead of "Foley sucks why the hell would I want to get a book by him"

DaveWadding
10-27-2004, 03:48 AM
If you think book sales are dependant on heel/face alignment, then I have four words for you. To Be The Man
You Have to BEAT THE MAN AND I AM THE MAN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pepsi Man
10-27-2004, 03:52 AM
true....I was just saying though that usually the wrestler wants to be a face when his book came out. For Flair it didnt matter. He knew that the minute his came out it would be gold. But other people like Foley I think it was wanted to make sure they kept his character a face when his book launched just so the little kids would be like "Yeaaaa Foley Rules I want his book" instead of "Foley sucks why the hell would I want to get a book by him"
Dude, Foley was a hardcore legend, and truth be told, heel or face, even the marks always respected him for what he did. I personally don't think it would've mattered for Foley any more than it mattered for Flair.

Shaggy
10-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Well true but the newcomers to wrestling that really dont know much about these guys past would be thinking of it that way. All the marks out there who dont know that much about it....and I dont really know where im going with this but im sure its somewhere.

Back to the main thing here....im still getting Edges book...anyone else.

Pepsi Man
10-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Well true but the newcomers to wrestling that really dont know much about these guys past would be thinking of it that way. All the marks out there who dont know that much about it....and I dont really know where im going with this but im sure its somewhere.

Back to the main thing here....im still getting Edges book...anyone else.
Well then the newcomers wouldn't get Flair's book either, because to a lot of newcomers, much like Randy Orton said on Raw albeit in character, Flair is nothing more than Triple H's glorified bitch. :-/

As for whether or not I'm getting the book, probably not since I'm a cheap bastard.

Aussie Skier
10-27-2004, 04:00 AM
i cant understand why edge has a book out.
i can understand flair and foley getting a book, and even lita (after going thru surgery and being the best female wrestler at one time...but edge!
he must've just had nothing to do when injured and thoght it'd be a good idea

Dave Youell
10-27-2004, 04:19 AM
Is it right that he wrote this one himself without help, in a Foley esq style?

Shadow
10-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Do the words, "I've lost count how many times you've been tag champ at a time when the tag team scene was at it's last peak."?

Jorgha
10-27-2004, 12:01 PM
The ones that I have read have been interesting in one way or another. I will probably pick it up at some point.

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
When this book has low sales (which it will), it won't be because Edge is a heel, it will be because Edge sucks. Lets see, who has written books before? Mick Foley, Flair, Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, Freddy Blassy(sp?), and Goldberg (oh and a bunch of broads, but they all suck and don't count). Anyhow, out of the dudes the wrote books, they have all been world champions, they have all had huge careers, and all are legends (well except for maybe Goldberg). Anyhow, my point is, that Edge's career hasn't been all that noteworthy up to this point. I'm sure he is a great guy, and it is half of the greatest tag team ever. But if that is the highlight of his career, it is kinda sad. And no one will really want to go buy his book, and now that he is heel, that won't help either.

The Tool
10-27-2004, 02:35 PM
It will probably sell well in Canada, since he is Canadian. It may sell well in the States as well if his heel turn continues to go over as well. In my opinion, he is one of the more interesting characters on Raw at the moment. Of course, I will probably get flamed for saying that since it is currently cool to bash Edge.

John la Rock
10-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Shouldn't wrestlers come out with books at the end of their career?

Aussie Skier
10-27-2004, 02:58 PM

NO YOU IDIOT!!!! :D

because that would be logical....when on earth has wrestling ever been logical!

Shaggy
10-27-2004, 04:05 PM

no because then when they finally accomplish there big heavyweight title win and became one of the major players in wrestling they can put out another book starting where the other one left off.....Much like Foley did.

Champion of Europa
10-27-2004, 04:07 PM
If Edge shilled his book in a heelish manner, I would mark out.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-28-2004, 07:16 AM
I know that WWE fans can be stupid...but boycotting a real product because the character the author portrays on television is a "bad guy" is just fuck</>ing ridiculous.

But, of course, there's nothing wrong with not buying a product because it sucks.

Gone Mad
10-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Edgeward... what can I say about his book.. besides the fact that the book was done with Crayolas. Ok, I won't insult him anymore.. today. But yeah, while I give him props for writing a book, I'm not gonna get it.

After all I am still waiting for Eugene's book. That one should be a GREAT read. SNAP!

Pepsi Man
10-28-2004, 11:58 AM
no because then when they finally accomplish there big heavyweight title win and became one of the major players in wrestling they can put out another book starting where the other one left off.....Much like Foley did.
Actually, Foley won all the WWF World Titles he won prior to the release of Have a Nice Day! As for the whole idea, since when do wrestlers have ends to their careers?

BigDaddyCool
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Actually, Foley won all the WWF World Titles he won prior to the release of Have a Nice Day! As for the whole idea, since when do wrestlers have ends to their careers?

They don't have to, it just sorta happens.

Deceit
10-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Edge wrote a book like he actually accomplished something significant in his wrestling career, I don't get it either.

Took
10-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Who gives a shit if he hasn't accomplished getting the world title yet. World titles dont mean everything. Kane has won it, but you cant really say he's accomplished much after a much longer career then edge..in fact, I'd say edge has surpased Kane in that department.
The fucking Hardy's wrote a book..I dont see much complaining about that. Edge had time, he's actually an intelligent guy, who can write well enough..doesn't matter if it doesnt hit number one on the charts, like say Foley's did. Foley released his books at a time when wrestling hit a boom period..at a time when all the bandwagon fans who liked the attitude era are now all gone when wrestling aint like that any longer.
If some people enjoy his book, then that's great. I think edge is well off enough financially that he doesnt need book sales to lead a nice life. He did it for the sole purpose of doing something productive with all the time off he had. I commend him for that.
Besides he's a canuck..that right there alone makes him more intriguing then freaking lita, the hardy's..chyna..goldberg etc..

Corkscrewed
10-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Eh... Edge will just use his book as an illegal object and get shady wins that way. :shifty: