PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

123 kid
10-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Steve Blackman
A great wrestler, very underrated in my opinion, he seemed to just disappear around mid 2000 time?
Godfather/Papa Shango/Kama Mustafa
He was also a pretty good wrestler, with a great gimmick at one point of course I'm talking about the PIMP DADDEE!
Faarooq
Another good worker, since 2002, he seemed to be like a part-time wrestler? Coming in for a few months and then vanishing?
Road Warrior Animal
I can't really comment on his ring-ability as I have only seen a few of his matches, I was just wondering where he is now and is he wrestling?
The Nasty Boys
Once again, I haven't seen enough of their matches to make a fair comment, but still.... where are they?
Bull Buchanan
From what I saw he didn't seem anything special, all I remember if him is being in Right to Censor and B2.
The Headbangers
When I started watching wrestling, these guys were finishing in the WWE, they came back in 2000 for a while? Then Mosh changed to Chaz and had a gimmick as a women-beater and formed a tag team with D'Lo Brown? Thrasher was long gone by this time, but where are they now?

Thanks...

The Fugitive
10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Steve Blackman
Suffered neck problems, the WWE let his contract expired and didn't renew it. He opened a self-defense school in Harrisburg, PA called "Blackman's Self Defense and Street-Fighting School, of late year, Ken Shamrock and Steve announced they were creating a clothing line for professional fighters. Steve is also said to be considering the same procedure that Kurt Angle had and a possible return to the wrestling business.

Released from the WWE in 2002, apparently is the General Manager of Cheetahs Gentlemans Club here in Las Vegas, and is doing very well.

Faarooq

Haven't heard anything about him after his release other than on he is offering a three minute phone call from himself currently in an eBAY auction.

Road Warrior Animal

Wrestles part-time and is the defensive coordinator on the Minnesota Lumberjacks of the Mid American Football League.

The Nasty Boys

Nothing really heard about Jerry Sags, but I suspect Brian Knobbs has/had health problems as he reportedly collapsed at a Willie Nelson concert.

Bull Buchanan

Wrestles in independants.

The Headbangers

Mosh is working mostly in the FCW. Heard nothing about Thrasher.

I hope that helps up a bit. Kayfabeman could have more information. He's a legend with knowing about what former wrestlers are up to, in my opinion.

Cool King
10-27-2004, 02:20 PM
k

Danny Electric
10-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I thought that Faarooq was now a road agent.

123 kid
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Steve Blackman
Suffered neck problems, the WWE let his contract expired and didn't renew it. He opened a self-defense school in Harrisburg, PA called "Blackman's Self Defense and Street-Fighting School, of late year, Ken Shamrock and Steve announced they were creating a clothing line for professional fighters. Steve is also said to be considering the same procedure that Kurt Angle had and a possible return to the wrestling business.

Released from the WWE in 2002, apparently is the General Manager of Cheetahs Gentlemans Club here in Las Vegas, and is doing very well.

Faarooq

Haven't heard anything about him after his release other than on he is offering a three minute phone call from himself currently in an eBAY auction.

Road Warrior Animal

Wrestles part-time and is the defensive coordinator on the Minnesota Lumberjacks of the Mid American Football League.

The Nasty Boys

Nothing really heard about Jerry Sags, but I suspect Brian Knobbs has/had health problems as he reportedly collapsed at a Willie Nelson concert.

Bull Buchanan

Wrestles in independants.

The Headbangers

Mosh is working mostly in the FCW. Heard nothing about Thrasher.

I hope that helps up a bit. Kayfabeman could have more information. He's a legend with knowing about what former wrestlers are up to, in my opinion.

WOW! Thanks a lot! You should join forces with Kayfabeman! :y:

The Fugitive
10-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Danny: It's possible. Someone else might be better informed than me.

123: No problem, and thanks for the compliment. A 'Where Are They Now' Tag Team perharps? Who knows?

123 kid
10-27-2004, 03:33 PM
^^^^^^^^ LOL, but seriously that could work!

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I thought that Faarooq was now a road agent.

No, Faarooq was fired from WWE for drug problems or something.

KayfabeMan
10-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Mosh lives in Florida, and has been working with FCW, HCW, MXPW and several other groups in Florida. He's had some solid outings, and is still over as hell. Good worker.

Buchanan lives in Georgia, and has been taking a few indy bookings here and there in the US, but works mainly in Japan. He's usually on shows with Jamal from 3MW, Taka and several others.

Thrasher is living in the NE'ern part of the US - I forget which state, it may be Jersey, but it might also be PA - I forget. He's retired from wrestling, I believe due to injuries.

Drakul
10-28-2004, 01:10 AM
how do you know these things?

KayfabeMan
10-28-2004, 02:34 AM
For some of them I try to stay on top of where many of these people are, as it's a hobby of mine to keep up with. For others I either know them, have worked with 'em, or know someone who has / does - so it's easy to track 'em. I only go through reliable resources to keep up with people who I haven't heard about lately.

Also, props to Fugitive for giving good answers, and :lol: @ the 'WATN Tag Team' comment...