PDA

View Full Version : XBox Help!!!

Shaggy
10-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Im hoping someone here can help me out with my little xbox problem. Ive heard of the PS2 messing up all the time but its funny that my xbox is the first one to screw up.

The other day my brother put in a game and turned it on. The little light on the front flashed red and green and then a message came up saying to contact customer support. I did that and did the whole trying to push that little button thing and that didnt work. Well yesterday afternoon I tried it out and the xbox worked fine. I turned it off watched like an hour of tv and then I decided to play it again. The problem happened again. Well this morning I tried it and the xbox started working again. I turned it off to watch tv again and when I turned it back on the problem was happening again. The people at xbox told me to send my system in but that costs 80$ for repair and god knows how much for the shipping. I might as well a xbox from somewhere for those prices.

Can someone please help me out with this. I cant believe this is happening and so close to Halo 2.

G
10-27-2004, 11:23 PM
I've never heard of a X-Box messing up. :o

xey
10-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Halo 2...I can't wait. I definitely hope you get it fixed. Maybe we can play on XBL if you have broadband!

Here's what I know:

I had a friend who recently bought Fable the same day as I did...I have the green Halo edition Xbox and so does he.

Well, we were both playing, and like a week ago, he told me that Fable corrupted his save. Have you been playing any games that have been acting "twitchy" by any chance? When the corrupted save was found, it was already too late. No discs would read, and it kept telling him to contact customer service. They repaired his for free, since he hasn't had it a year yet (It's a year for us instead of 90 days for some reason). Has anything unusual been happening? Has the indicator light been flashing orange/green on and off? If so, it may be overheating, and something could have burned out. Or you might have a corrupted save.

Edit: For the record, I haven't had any Xbox problems as of yet. I'm using a Philips drive, if that gives you any helpful info. Fable and the rest of my games have been working fine.

Shaggy
10-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Halo 2...I can't wait. I definitely hope you get it fixed. Maybe we can play on XBL if you have broadband!

Here's what I know:

I had a friend who recently bought Fable the same day as I did...I have the green Halo edition Xbox and so does he.

Well, we were both playing, and like a week ago, he told me that Fable corrupted his save. Have you been playing any games that have been acting "twitchy" by any chance? When the corrupted save was found, it was already too late. No discs would read, and it kept telling him to contact customer service. They repaired his for free, since he hasn't had it a year yet (It's a year for us instead of 90 days for some reason). Has anything unusual been happening? Has the indicator light been flashing orange/green on and off? If so, it may be overheating, and something could have burned out. Or you might have a corrupted save.

Edit: For the record, I haven't had any Xbox problems as of yet. I'm using a Philips drive, if that gives you any helpful info. Fable and the rest of my games have been working fine.

thanks for the info...I guess I will just need to figure something out. When I get it fixed up and pick up xbox live for Halo2 i will look u up.