PDA

View Full Version : What games are yall waiting for?

Shaggy
10-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Well ive read in a few posts of people who are so psyched up because there are tons of new games coming out in the next few weeks.

What games are yall waiting for?

What sucks for me is im low on cash right now and I dont start my new job untill a week or two. Its rare that I want to get a game when it first comes out but the next four weeks are like hell. GTA: San Andreas...Smackdown Vs Raw...Halo 2....MGS: Snake Eater.

Why did the major games I want have to come out so close together.

Apprentice
10-28-2004, 06:03 AM
Prince of Persia 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Xenosaga 2 and hopefully Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Dang, thats a lot of sequels.

Jonster
10-28-2004, 06:16 AM
Prince of Persia 2,
GTA:SA (later, going to midnight opening :)),
PES4 on Xbox (gotta love that Live play),
Halo 2 (Pre-ordered the limited edition last week though),
SD Vs Raw,
Dead or Alive: Ultimate

More when I think of them

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 06:40 AM
GTA:SA (will get it first thing tomorrow)
SD vs Raw
Footy Manager 05

Hired Hitman
10-28-2004, 07:23 AM
GRAND. THEFT. AUTO.

(San Andreas)

Tornado
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
GTA:SA (Working the Midnight Opening tonight)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
SDvRaw

All three are out on the next three consecutive fridays.

V
10-28-2004, 08:03 AM
Smackdown vs Raw

Disturbed316
10-28-2004, 08:47 AM
GTA: San Andreas, which was sent today, get it tomorrow :mad:

Smackdown vs Raw

Next year will be MGS3 and Devil May Cry 3 :cool:

Ogen
10-28-2004, 09:11 AM
GTA
FM2005
PES4
Rome Total War
maybe SD but probably not for a few months

SuperSlim
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm gettin SD! vs. Raw the day it comes out... that mornin.

then I'm gettin San Andreas.

And I'll probably be rentin Budokai 3 before I actually buy it unless it comes out cheap.

Then Underground 2 since it is also comin out in November

blueskies
10-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Suikoden IV
Need For Speed Underground 2
Xenosaga II

Team Sheep
10-28-2004, 11:41 AM
GTA: San Andreas
Smackdown! vs RAW
The Getaway: Black Monday

LoDownM
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
NFS: UNderground 2 (reserved)
MGS 3
Suikoden 4
Battle for Middle Earth
LOTR: The Third Age
Final Fantasy 12

That's about it right now.

el fregadero
10-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm waiting about another hour for San Andreas.

road doggy dogg
10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Mario 128
Paper Mario 2 (just haven't gotten around to actually buying it)
Metroid Prime 2
LEGEND OF ZELDA :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mike the Metal Ed
10-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Smackdown vs Raw

Boondock Saint
10-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Smackdown vs RAW
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
The Getaway 2: Black Sunday
Halo 2
KOTOR 2 (Never played the first, but heard it is great so I may get this. Not sure yet.)

DegenerationY
10-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Halo 2 :D

Head
10-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Smackdown vs. Raw
Prince of Persia 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
New Zelda game
Paper Mario 1 &2 (havn't played either of em, and they both look like they kick ass)
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil 4

Holy shit, never gonna be able to play all those.

Gonna be some painful choices coming up.

blueskies
10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Holy.. I forgot to put Half-Life, World of Warcraft & Gran Turismo 4

RBM
10-29-2004, 12:55 PM
World of Warcraft.

McLegend
10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Prince Of Persia 2
Smackdown Vs. Raw
GTA San Andreas

xey
10-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Halo 2 (The monday after Inuyasha!)
Inuyasha : Secret of the Cursed Mask (Tuesday!)
Resident Evil 4
Smackdown Vs. Raw
KOTOR 2
Dragonball Z Budokai 3

Can't wait. >.<

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Smackdown vs Raw

Y2Ant
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
World of Warcraft
Starcraft: Ghost
Legend of Zelda GCN
Death By Degrees
Devil May Cry 3
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Tekken 5
SmackDown! vs. RAW

…and the launch of the Nintendo DS.

G
10-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Gran Turismo 4
MGS 3
Tekken 5
Resident Evil 4.....although I hear it's not gonna even revolve around Umbrella and there aren't going to be zombies :mad:

BlackDawn2024
11-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3
SmackDown vs. Raw(I have to wait until Christmas. MGS3 is just so much more important to me)
Prince Of Persia 2
Viewtiful Joe 2

I'd also like to speak on my sudden dislike for the GTA series. I know it's pointless and no one cares, but I have to vent. Now, I own Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City. Both are entertaining games, and as far as I'm concerned, GTA III will always be the better game. But the thing is, they're GOOD games. They're not great games.

The hype surrounding Vice City has died. It's done, so let it fucking rest. I like VC, but people will just no shut the fuck up. Jesus, they're not perfect games. And now with San Andreas coming out, it's started all over again. 12 year olds who think it's cool when the main character says shit and beg their parents to buy it for them. I was going to check San Andreas out, but after watching the game up to it's release, it hasn't impressed me one bit. Not once have I said, "wow".

It just pisses me off that people will look at GTA some time down the line in the future and think that's what gaming is all about. And it's not. It's not about killing that last hooker. It's about art. It's not about stealing that next car. It's about getting to the last boss. It's about beating something that's taken you hours and hours, then finally conquering it. It's about not using that 30 life code in Contra and biting the bullet. It's about looking at Bowser and saying, "bring it on". It sure as hell isn't about keeping track of how many pedestrians you've killed.

House of Pancakes
11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Grand Theft Auto isn't artistically good. The graphics suck, the storyline is jumbled, and it has nothing on the thoughtfulness of stuff like Metal Gear Solid. But it's not supposed to be a game like that. It's supposed to be entertaining to play, which is, essentially, the point of all video games. The hype around the GTA series is the incredible amount of freedom over such a large and intricate area, and it stands completely alone in revolutionizing the entertainment aspect of gaming.

Don't make a big deal out of it, because video games in themselves are a waste of time. Just buy what you like.

BlackDawn2024
11-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Grand Theft Auto isn't artistically good. The graphics suck, the storyline is jumbled, and it has nothing on the thoughtfulness of stuff like Metal Gear Solid. But it's not supposed to be a game like that. It's supposed to be entertaining to play, which is, essentially, the point of all video games. The hype around the GTA series is the incredible amount of freedom over such a large and intricate area, and it stands completely alone in revolutionizing the entertainment aspect of gaming.

Don't make a big deal out of it, because video games in themselves are a waste of time. Just buy what you like.

Yeah, I suppose. But I just had to vent that, or else it would have been with me for the rest of the day.