PDA

View Full Version : The Egyptian Gold Medalist

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2004, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry, I've forgotten his name, but there was a rumour going around that the WWE were expressing interest in signing a man who won gold for Egypt in Athens.

I was just wondering if there was any update as to whether or not plans are going ahead. It' just hearing Michael Cole & Tazz comment on SmackDown! about how Angle is the only Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE history, and how he was announced as such, made me think that now would be a good time for him to debut (well, Survivor Series would be). I can really see an interesting feud between the two. After five years, Angle would have only be icing above what the other gold medalist would be. The only real main accomplishment Angle would have is being a former King of the Ring. I can see SD! bringing the tournament back, and having the new guy win it.

The CyNick
10-30-2004, 04:32 PM
I think they plan to bring someone in.

I know they wanted the Egyptian guy, but he's got a bunch of deals in Egypt, which I believe would pay him a lot more money, so he's probably not a realistic option.

A guy like Rulan Gardner could come in though, and he would be a logical opponent for Angle. Or anyone else who won a Gold medal in the Olympics (did Cael Sanderson win?).

But yeah the way they announced him jumped out at me too, and it seems unlikely they would do that unless they plan on bringing in someone.

redoneja
10-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Ditto. BTW did the Iron Shiek or Ken Patera medal in the Olympics?

The CyNick
10-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Ditto. BTW did the Iron Shiek or Ken Patera medal in the Olympics?

no

redoneja
10-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Muchos gracias Senor CyNick

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2004, 08:50 PM
I think they plan to bring someone in.

I know they wanted the Egyptian guy, but he's got a bunch of deals in Egypt, which I believe would pay him a lot more money, so he's probably not a realistic option.

A guy like Rulan Gardner could come in though, and he would be a logical opponent for Angle. Or anyone else who won a Gold medal in the Olympics (did Cael Sanderson win?).

But yeah the way they announced him jumped out at me too, and it seems unlikely they would do that unless they plan on bringing in someone.

I really think two Olympic Gold Medalists having a feud on SmackDown! would be a great feud. I can actually see it drawing interest as well.