PDA

View Full Version : RKO

The Answer
11-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Their has been alot of discussion on these boards about Orton's performance of this move and some stating that he doesn't give the move enough emphasis as DDP did.I have to disagree though because the way Orton is using his leaping ability and also his ability to do the move one handed that high up in the air is remarkable.Thoughts?

Mr. JL
11-01-2004, 06:12 PM
I like the way he jumps up High to execute the move. He does not have DDP's grace but the way he does it now makes it look good. However, that one week on RAW where he RKO'd everybody in sight just reminded me too much of Austin and the BAW GOD STUNNER!

Xero
11-01-2004, 06:13 PM
To me, they're done completely diffrently, especially now... Orton's current one, like you said, has a huge leap in it and it looks great... DDP's wasn't as spectacular... He could pull it out of nowhere, but it wasnt as high impact as the RKO IMHO...

DMI
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Anything Orton does reeks of awesomeness.

John la Rock
11-01-2004, 06:42 PM
To me, they're done completely diffrently, especially now... Orton's current one, like you said, has a huge leap in it and it looks great... DDP's wasn't as spectacular... He could pull it out of nowhere, but it wasnt as high impact as the RKO IMHO...

agreed :y:

Gouda
11-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Orton's RKOs of late really suck.

Gerard
11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
I think its more the people selling them, that move you're meant to land on your stomach, flair (because of his back im assuming) seems to land near any way but the stomach so the move looks pretty shitty. Ol big nose sold it well on last weeks raw though. I think orton needs to use two hands to do it, just doesn't look right with one.

Fox
11-01-2004, 09:53 PM

I believe the exact opposite. DDP, back in the day, would grab his opponent around the neck with both arms and drop them with a huge amount of impact. It looked way better than the RKO because of the great impact it made.

I have nothing against the RKO and I think it's a great move, but DDP's Diamond Cutter is still better. It's only a matter of time until Orton goes for the RKO and his opponent falls flat on their face BEFORE Randy is able to grab them by the head. He's already botched it once with Jericho. Oh well though.

Stickman
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I think its more the people selling them, that move you're meant to land on your stomach, flair (because of his back im assuming) seems to land near any way but the stomach so the move looks pretty shitty. Ol big nose sold it well on last weeks raw though. I think orton needs to use two hands to do it, just doesn't look right with one.

I totally agree. The one arm way of doing it looks really really week. The big leap is kinda gay too. It may work with two hands though.

ps. Sorry for being the only one that doesn't blow my wad over anything Orton.

MVP
11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Orton needs to use two hands when he does the RKO otherwise he looks silly jumping in the air when he does it.

My Final Heaven
11-01-2004, 10:56 PM
I myself think that Orton SERIOUSLY needs to come up with a new finisher.

Possibility:

The Legend Killer - That twisty over the knee backbreaker thing he does

Hardkore Kidd J
11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
I like the RKO it's cool. :y:

nWo 4 Life
11-02-2004, 09:25 AM
I like the way he jumps up High to execute the move. He does not have DDP's grace but the way he does it now makes it look good. However, that one week on RAW where he RKO'd everybody in sight just reminded me too much of Austin and the BAW GOD STUNNER!

Yeah, I remember watching that and I instantly had a flashback to when Austin turned up at RAW and Stunnered almost everyone in The Alliance.

But although the RKO is a great move, (so much better that that Orton Neckbreaker off RAW 2) I think maybe he does need to use 2 hands.

But then again, that might be just because I'm used to the 2-hand look from Austin, DDP and Bubba Ray Dudley.

Disturbed316
11-02-2004, 06:06 PM
DDP was the man when it came to the Diamond Cutter. You seriously didn't know when it was coming and what variation it will be. Two of me favourite Diamond Cutter's where done on Billy Kidman. One when Kidman jumped on DDP's back and put a sleeper on him. Page then kinda jumped and banged him with the Diamond Cutter.

Another favourite is when Page was against Raven in a cage match and the Flock came in. Kidman jumped up and swung towards Page feet first using the roof, when he swung back Page banged him with the Diamond Cutter :love: I marked so bad when that happened.

John la Rock
11-02-2004, 06:14 PM
the best RKO so far was the one on Foley at Wrestlemania XX

Sephiroth
11-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Another favourite is when Page was against Raven in a cage match and the Flock came in. Kidman jumped up and swung towards Page feet first using the roof, when he swung back Page banged him with the Diamond Cutter :love:
Yeah, i remember that one, cause i was screaming out of my window: Diamond Cutter, Diamond Cutter! :love:

Lara Emily
11-02-2004, 09:32 PM

The RKO has no impact at all, that's the problem. It looks liek total shit because he lets go way to early and it really becomes obvious that his opponenent is supporting the movie.

Imagi-Nation
11-04-2004, 08:06 AM
The RKO looks weak compared to the Diamond Cutter.
Has little to no impact at all.

Shaggy
11-04-2004, 11:57 AM
The only thing good about Ortons RKO is that he can jump high in the air and it looks like he floats. They dont even look like they could do any damage of any kind. When DDP would do the Diamond Cutter you felt it when he did it. When he landed the move on a person you could see that it might hurt and it hit you that the Diamond Cutter could be a finishing move. But Ortons RKO is just a floating thing with no impact. Sure he hits the ground but its not interesting. The Diamond Cutter was a hell of a lot better move. But props go to Orton with the whole jumping thing.

Sickboy
11-04-2004, 12:41 PM
DDP was the man when it came to the Diamond Cutter. You seriously didn't know when it was coming and what variation it will be. Two of me favourite Diamond Cutter's where done on Billy Kidman. One when Kidman jumped on DDP's back and put a sleeper on him. Page then kinda jumped and banged him with the Diamond Cutter.

Another favourite is when Page was against Raven in a cage match and the Flock came in. Kidman jumped up and swung towards Page feet first using the roof, when he swung back Page banged him with the Diamond Cutter :love: I marked so bad when that happened.

I agree with you about the Diamond Cutter. DDP made it easily one of the best finishers ever. Oh, and I also remember that time when Kidman had the sleeper on Page and then suddenly... BANG!! Lights out, Kidman.

Also the time he reversed the Jackhammer into the Diamond Cutter was nice. :y:

BigDaddyCool
11-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I hate the RKO, because you see it coming from a mile away. Plus he calls for the mother fucker. I kinda hate that.

Kapoutman
11-04-2004, 02:21 PM
That's true. I don't like it when people call for their finishers.

diamondcutter
11-04-2004, 10:33 PM
This is the only thing that Orton does that irks me. He should keep the leap, and then drop the guy with two hands. That way it looks a little different from the diamond cutter, but it'll actually look devastating. Oh, and one more thing....

DON'T EVER TELEGRAPH THE MOVE....EVER!!!!

The CyNick
11-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I liked how he was doing it as a heel much better. Over the last few weeks, I absolutely hate the move. The way he sets up to do it, the way he jumps, the way he hangs on to the opponent, the way he hits it, it all looks very weak.

The Diamond Cutter was a much better looking move. Part of its appeal was that he could hit it at any time and seemingly out of nowhere.

This is just another reason I'm really starting to loathe Orton. To show you how much, I found myself cheering more Edge than Orton, which would have seemed crazy to me as early as July, but here we are.

It does seem like they want him to get over, and I know fans are DESPERATE for a new star, but I have a hunch more and more crowds will turn on him, and he will be a major bust as a baby. But we'll see. And as my friends keep saying, he seems like a fag, their words not mine.

Aussie Skier
11-05-2004, 01:23 AM
twist of fate and Luther's neckbreaker are both better than the RKO (i guess they're all kinda the same move)

But i love how he really jumps up to do it. The one at summerslam was awesome, as well as against foley

BigDaddyCool
11-05-2004, 01:34 AM
I liked how he was doing it as a heel much better. Over the last few weeks, I absolutely hate the move. The way he sets up to do it, the way he jumps, the way he hangs on to the opponent, the way he hits it, it all looks very weak.

The Diamond Cutter was a much better looking move. Part of its appeal was that he could hit it at any time and seemingly out of nowhere.

This is just another reason I'm really starting to loathe Orton. To show you how much, I found myself cheering more Edge than Orton, which would have seemed crazy to me as early as July, but here we are.

It does seem like they want him to get over, and I know fans are DESPERATE for a new star, but I have a hunch more and more crowds will turn on him, and he will be a major bust as a baby. But we'll see. And as my friends keep saying, he seems like a fag, their words not mine.

Um, haven't I been saying this since day one?