PDA

View Full Version : Predict the BCS bowls!

Bad Guy
11-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Just the 4 major ones not all those little bowls.

Orange Bowl (NC game)-
Rose Bowl-
Sugar Bowl-
Fiesta Bowl-

Rain Man
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Orange Bowl (NC game)-SUCKS but it is gonna be OU vs. USC
Rose Bowl-Auburn vs. Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl-Cal vs. Texas
Fiesta Bowl-Utah vs. Georgia

And it is very early to tell you never know what could happen in CF.

BCWWF
11-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Orange Bowl: USC vs. OU
Its just inevitable, because this is what it was supposed to be last year, so they have to settle it once and for all.
Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Cal
Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Miami
Fiesta Bowl: Texas vs. Georgia

I don't know the technical way these work out, but I thought the Rose Bowl was supposed to be Big 10 and Pac 10 or something, which is why I chose that. It sucks for Auburn, because they are really good this year, but probably won't be in the bowl they deserve.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Yea its something along those lines. I am not sure if something changes though if, lets say, USC does make hte national championship game. They might bring take a different team instead of "staying true" to the conference ties or some shit.

Honestly I am not even totally sure how they all work out. All I know his Miami should have played Ohio St last year, instead of FSU :mad:

Bad Guy
11-03-2004, 11:41 PM
I hope Wisky goes makes Orange bowl so Michigan gets Rose Bowl. :)

BCWWF
11-04-2004, 12:50 AM
I think Wisconsin is pretty much a lock for the Rose Bowl though, and I doubt Michigan can regain their BCS Bowl position. Actually, I think they still play at Madison, so a win there and maybe?

Supreme Olajuwon
11-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Im thinking Auburn will move to #2 after they beat Georgia this week

Bad Guy
11-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Michigan doesn't play Wisconsin this year. That's why I'm hoping either Wisconsin makes the NC game or loses a game.

Bad Guy
11-04-2004, 01:36 AM
:yes:

The Outlaw
11-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Yeah Auburn are stacked.

Hoping they come into TTown undefeated and we beat them.

I can hope...

Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 02:07 AM
Damn BCS. :nono:

Supreme Olajuwon
11-16-2004, 02:11 AM
yup although Utah is back in the top 6

BCWWF
11-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Theres really three teams that are good enough...AGAIN...I have a feeling that Oklahoma will get the boot this year though

Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 02:33 AM
I was really hoping Kansas would of hung on... one step closer for Michigan but I don't see USC or Auburn losing. I guess you never know since all of those teams have conference championships to play anything can happen. But i will settle for Rosey again if we can win "the big one".

The Outlaw
11-17-2004, 05:56 PM
If all three teams run the table, there is no way OU gets the boot.

USC's top tier teams
October 9 No. 7 California W 23-17
October 16 No. 19 Arizona State W 45-7

OU's top tier teams
October 9 No. 5 Texas W 12-0
October 30 @ No. 20 Oklahoma State W 38-35
November 6 @ No. 22 Texas A&M W 42-35

Burn's top tier teams
September 18 No. 4 LSU W 10-9
October 2 @ No. 8 Tennessee W 34-10
November 13 No. 5 Georgia W 24-6

45-49 - record of Auburn's opponents
57-43 - record of OU's opponents
48-50 - record of USC's opponents

Rankings can be deceptive. LSU and Tennessee are both teams we almost beat with our third string QB who noone outside of Alabama knows about.

I don't see OU being snubbed if all three teams run the table. I don't see how anyone can say that Auburn or USC belong above OU. If all three runs the table, it will come down to USC and AU. Period.

How should it have been OU - USC last year? Did you watch OU get beat by LSU in the National Championship game or no?

BCWWF
11-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I stand that OU was still the second best team in the nation last year. The way they played until the last two games there was nobody that could even scratch them. They performed poorly in the title game, so sue em.

The Outlaw
11-18-2004, 01:51 PM
So you believe that USC was better than both teams?

They barely beat Cal. USC's top tier opponent from last year was...a decent Auburn team. I thought it should have been OU-LSU personally, so I didn't really see a problem with it like everyone else did. I also agreed that OU collapsed at the end of the season but they ran through everyone they played before the conference c'ship like they were nothing.

I thought the order of teams were LSU, OU, and USC, even though OU didn't win their conference title...complicated stuff but that's how I felt.

BCWWF
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
No you misunderstood me. I think that Oklahoma definately should have been in the national championship. I won't say whether I thought LSU or USC should have been the opponent, but I think they got it right.

I mean come on, Oklahoma fell apart against a very good Kansas State team and lost in the national championship. K-State is definately a better team than Cal and LSU was definately a better team than Michigan (especially while playing at home essentially). I personally think the BCS got it right and people just have stupid reasons to complain. If all three teams go undefeated this year, I imagine it will be OU vs Auburn, because the Pac 10 doesn't compare with the SEC or the Big 12 South.

The Outlaw
11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Ahh I see now. That's pretty much what I believe too.

Wow...we are agreeing on something haha

The Outlaw
11-20-2004, 06:46 PM
edit

BCWWF
11-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Why do you say that? JW, like not trying to contradict you. I didn't see the game because I was driving home for the week, but I know that they won. Was it a bad game or something?

I dunno, just the teams that Auburn has beat make it hard for me to throw them out. Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, they had a real tough schedule and they didn't falter. I'm not going to lie, I don't like USC that much so I am biased there, but I just like Auburn in there.

The Outlaw
11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
edit

BCWWF
11-27-2004, 05:31 PM
OK, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the BSC rankings go like this:

1. USC
2. OU
3. Auburn
4. Cal
5. Texas
6. Utah

Right?

And then what is going to happen is a Big East team (most likely unranked Pitt) is going to come in and take the place of one of these teams? The name I heard was Boise State, where do they fit into this, are they #8?

Is the basic BCS system like this: One national championship Bowl Game between the two best teams in nation. Then the other three games are #3-8 in the nation, but there has to be a representative from each of the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, PAC 10, Big East, ACC conferences. That means that there can be two teams in these Bowls that are either not in one of those six conferences (ie Utah) or else are the second team from a conference (ie Texas). And the controversy this year is that the Big East doesn't have a team in the top 8, so #8 Boise State is going to have to give up their spot so a BSC Conference team can be in one of the bowls.

Is that right?

Also, do they still do it where the Rose Bowl is like the Big 10 champ vs the Pac 10 champ pretty much? I remember the Orange Bowl was always Big East vs. ACC or something? Do they still do they, or do they just randomly say "Orange Bowl is national championship, Fiesta Bowl is 3-4, Rose Bowl 5-6, Sugar Bowl 7-8"?