PDA

View Full Version : Sam & Max Hit the Road XP Compatibility

mitchables
11-04-2004, 07:40 AM
I didn't really know whether to put this in this forum or the Tech help one, but whatever.

I dug out my old Sam and Max CD-ROM today and really wanted to play it but found, much to my chagrin, that Windows XP is very anti-adventure-games-from-1993 and wouldn't initialise the thing to install the sound drivers. The game seems to work okay but without sound it's kinda gay.

I've been searching for a bit here but I can't find any patches/fixes/anything to help me out. Any of you guys know somewhere I could try or have a patch on you I can use to get the damned sound to work?

:(

Penner
11-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I have the thing you need.

If you can find them, there are "ScummVM" versions of all these old lucasarts games. If you go to www.scummvm.org (http://www.scummvm.org) and you download the program, and then you download the scummvm version of the game, it will work with the voices.

You can usually find these versions at suprnova.org or on eMule or some program like that.

:y:

Dave Youell
11-05-2004, 09:17 AM
I have the thing you need.

If you can find them, there are "ScummVM" versions of all these old lucasarts games. If you go to www.scummvm.org (http://www.scummvm.org) and you download the program, and then you download the scummvm version of the game, it will work with the voices.

You can usually find these versions at suprnova.org or on eMule or some program like that.

:y:
I LOVE YOU

Finally I can re play day of the tentacle!

Penner
11-07-2004, 03:01 PM
I love that game :D

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2004, 05:48 AM
The best thing with SCUMM is, it even works on my Dreamcast <3

Bad Company
11-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I just finished Sam & Max the Other Day :D

Dave Youell
11-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Question,