PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Mack,Jazz and Stamboli GONE

GODSON
11-04-2004, 11:31 AM
WWE has released three more talents. WWE.com has added Johnny Stamboli, Rodney Mack and Jazz to their story from yesterday on Gail Kim, Chuck Palumbo and Nidia being released.

Mr. JL
11-04-2004, 11:32 AM
holyshit

Jonster
11-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Bloody hell!

Hardkore Kidd J
11-04-2004, 11:35 AM
I am fed up with this shit. I actually liked Jazz. :rant:

El Santo
Checked it out on WWE.com. Damn. Looks like Vince has no use for the Natural Born Thrillers. Mark Jindrak had better watch his back. You too, Nunzio: FBI is history.

Crap, and Hardcore Holly is still around? (Maybe I shouldn't say that. He has been on Velocity a lot in the last year. Let's give it ten days.)

Mr. JL
who are they going to have wrestle on Heat and Velocity now

Hardkore Kidd J
11-04-2004, 11:37 AM
who are they going to have wrestle on Heat and Velocity now

They'll find some people. I am just hoping I don't wake up tomorrow and find out Stevie Richards Paul London and Molly are gone.

El Santo
11-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Maybe that's the plan: get rid of Heat and Velocity as shows. So they're getting rid of all of it's regulars.

Shaggy
11-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Holy crap....wwe is going crazy with getting rid of all these people. Most of them I would of expected by Jazz, Nidia and Gail Kim are what few of the women we have left. I cant believe all these releases.

GODSON
11-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Stamboli have a good look and good mic skills. His wrestling skills is good too.

They get rid of the married couple Jazz and Mack. Mack is injury prone but is a very good wrestler but of course WWE gave him a stereotype. Jazz is one of the best wrestlers in the Women division. I hope these two find work real soon because husband and wife without a job is sad.

Gone Mad
11-04-2004, 11:49 AM
I never thought I'd ever quote him but.. BAWGAWDNEARLYTOREINHALF! 9.. count them, 9 releases in one week! Jiminy! I liked Gail and now Stamboli, so who knows who's next? ..Maybe HHH? Maybe Undertaker? Or dare I say it... Blackhawk Bradshaw or Spark Plug Holly??

Evil Vito
11-04-2004, 11:57 AM
<font color=goldenrod>This is starting to get insane.

Are they planning on reuniting the rosters or something? Because if they keep this up, there will be only like 20 wrestlers per brand. :|

Guessing that Stevie Richards, Paul London, and Nunzio are gnna be the next ones to go.</font> :(

Xero
11-04-2004, 12:16 PM
If they aren't reuniting the rosters, Vince is throwing alot of people away who can could do things... Whether they have tallent like Benoit or not, they can use these people! And with Jazz gone, the women's division has gone to shit... Well, even more so...

I see Stevie, Venis, maybe even Hurricane going... Right now, anyone is game I'd say...

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 12:18 PM
lol, keep em coming. About time the WWE did something right. They are worthless.

This is one hell of a move from a business standpoint. I don't know how many of you take business classes or marketing classes or whatever, but you can see how much of a cost save this is for the WWE.

All these 8 or so guys/girls that have been released have done jack shit for the company. They are more of a liability then a strength. They will never get over, the fans will never care about them and they are just wortless sitting around in the back all the time doing nothing. Why would you keep guys around if they do nothing for your business?

I know I'm looking at this from strickly a business prospective, probably cause that's what I learn all day, but if nobody wants to see them, then I don't see a reason to keep them hanging around.

This allows the WWE to spend thier money of NEW TALENTS to develop in OVW or whatever. Also it allows them to free up funds for other stuff.

I do feel sorry for their families and what not because now they are unemployed. And I do wish good luck to all of them. They'll fins work else where though. Especially TNA.

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Errm does this mean the Womens division is finished? I think the other female wrestlers so watch out, unless they are going to push all there development female workers into the big time.

A point about the development guys. Is it maybe because there have been so many coming through that all these people are being shown the door. Probably saving a few more pennies because of it.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Errm does this mean the Womens division is finished? I think the other female wrestlers so watch out, unless they are going to push all there development female workers into the big time.

A point about the development guys. Is it maybe because there have been so many coming through that all these people are being shown the door. Probably saving a few more pennies because of it.

BINGO. WHAT I just said. Freeing up just one of these guys salaries (say A-Train) allows them to sign 6 development guys. (read that the other day) McMahon knows what he's doing right now and he's doing exaclty what he did in 98 and what he should of done in 2001. We are going to be seeing a lot of new guys in the next year or so.

Xero
11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
All these 8 or so guys/girls that have been released have done jack shit for the company. They are more of a liability then a strength. They will never get over, the fans will never care about them and they are just wortless sitting around in the back all the time doing nothing. Why would you keep guys around if they do nothing for your business?

Good point, but WWE can find things for them to do... I mean, Bradshaw was doing next to jack shit before he was mega pushed... A few tag matches here and there, sure, but that's about it...

My point is, if WWE tried, they could find something for them to do and could possibly get them over...

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but they've tried and tried and tried and tried with them. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Finding things for them to do when you can create new stars isn't a very smart move. They just take up valuable time. Maybe find things for them to do behind the scenes, but not on TV.

I'd rather see new guys then the same guys trying different gimmicks anyway. I don't know about you.

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 12:42 PM
I guess you can only re-gimmick somebody so many times. It's interesting because if Bradshaws latest gimmick had failed, maybe he would have been shown the door.

BigDaddyCool
11-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah, Rosey, Stevie and Mordici(sp?) are next.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Maybe, but he's freinds with higher ups in the company, (Taker) so I don't know. Same with Holly. Cause he should be gone right about now.

If they continue this trend, I see Venis, Henry, Akio, Richards all gone.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Keven Fertig (Mordecai) is in OVW and probably won't get released because he's a big character down there.

Rosey, a possibility, but I don't see it happening.

Blue Demon
11-04-2004, 12:49 PM
:eek: man, talk about getting rid of a lot of people

Mister Sinister
11-04-2004, 12:51 PM
It would be funny, if in the future, we find out they were released because they agreed with Pat Patterson about the whole Triple H thing

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 12:53 PM
LOL

GODSON
11-04-2004, 01:00 PM
How many chances did Chuck get? He had a successful gimmick with Gunn but they dropped that. FBI was successful in the beginning but WWE did nothing with them.

Let look at this year list of guys who got fired or left all by themselves.
Kanyon-FIRED
OHAIRE-FIRED
Spanky-LEFT
Brock-LEFT
GOLDBERG-LEFT
Austin-LEFT
Sakoda-FIRED
Rikishi-FIRED
NOBLE-FIRED because he got insurance,something Test should of done
TEST-FIRED
Chavo SR-FIRED
JACKIE-FIRED
Chuck-FIRED
Stamboli-FIRED
Gunn-FIRED
Mack-FIRED
Jazz-FIRED
Gail-FIRED
Nidia-FIRED
Train-FIRED
Steiner-FIRED

I know am missing someone else.

Those guys can start a fed together and be more successful than WWE right now. You got the main eventers,Austin,GOLDBERG,Lesnar,Steiner and OHAIRE. You can create a mid card title. Then you can create a Women's division.

Boondock Saint
11-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Christ, just get back from class and 3 more are gone. As worthless as these people were, it is still kinda shocking that it is happening so quickly.

Oh well, I just hope whatever OVW guys they bring up are worth giving up on some of these guys.

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Noble was fired for getting insurance? Can you tell me a bit more about that and what Test has to do with it, I'm interested. I thought he was fired because he was using steroids.

GODSON
11-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Noble went outside the WWE and got regular insurance like we do. That's not allowed in the WWE for some reason. Test should of done this because now he don't have a job and can't wrestle for the next 6 months without insurance.

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Errmm is that legal?

Marc the Smark
11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
This is great! These people were useless! :D

El Santo
11-04-2004, 01:16 PM
lol, keep em coming. About time the WWE did something right. They are worthless.

This is one hell of a move from a business standpoint. I don't know how many of you take business classes or marketing classes or whatever, but you can see how much of a cost save this is for the WWE.

I know I'm looking at this from strickly a business prospective, probably cause that's what I learn all day, but if nobody wants to see them, then I don't see a reason to keep them hanging around.

So... are you saying that, to reduce the surplus to meet current consumer demand, the WWE must reduce its average cost by reducing wage expenses, thus improving both the net income and the cash flow?

* is a business nerd too * :p

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:17 PM

I'm not sure if these were all this year but:

Zach Gowen
Ron Simmons
Brian Christopher
Nash?
Sable
Ernest "The Cat" Miller

Man you could probably start a fed with the list.

Boondock Saint
11-04-2004, 01:19 PM
And Ultimo Dragon I think is gone for the time being...although apparently he is gonna be back again without his mask.

...Then prolly be fired.

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:19 PM
They must have released at least 30 people of their contracts this year including people like Pat Patterson etc

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Noble got fired for Steroids. I read that.

Mister Sinister
11-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Noble got fired for Steroids. I read that.

WEll then, Half the roster should be following

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 01:31 PM
yeah, but he got caught. ;)

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Yeah but I think he was messy about it, if you know what I mean which could have led Vince into trouble. I don't think WWE test for steroids, you have to admit it or something or so I've heard.

jerichoholic169
i like where this is going. finally vince is getting rid of the people who weren't being used and were just taking up space on the roster salary. virtually all of these people were reduced to bit part rolls in the last few months and weren't being used by the writers at all.

the only one i don't get is gail kim. she was on RAW helping trish beat down on lita on monday but now she's gone. kinda weird really. same with chucky palumbo. on heat last week he was fighting benoit and was debuting his new gimmick of custom chucky p. thats got to be the shortest gimmick ever then!!

i hope that vince gets around to signing some new exciting young talent and developers so that in a couple of years WWE will really be kicking ass.

however this could turn into a really good week for TNA if they get some of these guys and use them well. and hopefully this will make them into competition for WWE and bring out the best of both companies to make it better viewing for us, the fans.

The Mackem
Hey that reply wasn't there before LC :mad:

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:38 PM
A question about these releases - is that 90 day no compete clause in effect for all of them? Just thinking out reasons why TNA are not going to directly benefit from this.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 01:51 PM
^^lol, just wrote something about that. I'm not sure, but if there isn't then Victory Road might of just got a little more interesting.

The Mackem
11-04-2004, 01:51 PM
haha just saw it

John la Rock
11-04-2004, 02:43 PM
WOW

WWE is really cleaning house. Looks like my autograph of Jazz is worth nothing now lol

Eunos
11-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Blimey.. Vince is on a spring clean here 0.o

Mind you i doubt any of these releases will effect WWE tv.

Though i must say the release of those 3 Divaswas pretty dumb

Who do we have left now
Trish
Victoria
Molly
Lita
Stacey
Christy..

Ah well.. I suspect alot of OVW guys to come up now.

SuperSlim
11-04-2004, 03:09 PM
aight this is crap. Rodney Mack isn't totally understandable but kinda. Stamboli is not understandable. The guy was totally underused and now Nunzio is by himself. Might as well release him as well :roll:

Now Jazz. Now she sure nough isn't someone to look at for a long period of time but in the ring she is a presence to watch. She was one of those girls from back then that was helpin to redirect the women's division and actually give it more than just eggnog matches and battlin and rollin in gravy. This is utter crap.

Splaya
11-04-2004, 03:33 PM
This is starting to get insane.

Are they planning on reuniting the rosters or something? Because if they keep this up, there will be only like 20 wrestlers per brand. :|

Guessing that Stevie Richards, Paul London, and Nunzio are gnna be the next ones to go. :(

Don't you guys see what is happening. They are getting rid of the dead weight to set up for a world title unification match at WM 21 and then the Raw after that, the brand split will be over.

Cool King
11-04-2004, 04:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Guessing that Stevie Richards, Paul London, and Nunzio are gnna be the next ones to go.</font> :(

I heard that Steven Richards was Vince's favorite wrestler? :-\

Let look at this year list of guys who got fired or left all by themselves.
Kanyon-FIRED
OHAIRE-FIRED
Spanky-LEFT
Brock-LEFT
GOLDBERG-LEFT
Austin-LEFT
Sakoda-FIRED
Rikishi-FIRED
NOBLE-FIRED because he got insurance,something Test should of done
TEST-FIRED
Chavo SR-FIRED
JACKIE-FIRED
Chuck-FIRED
Stamboli-FIRED
Gunn-FIRED
Mack-FIRED
Jazz-FIRED
Gail-FIRED
Nidia-FIRED
Train-FIRED
Steiner-FIRED

Faarooq

loopydate
11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I should have my next column (on this subject) up by the end of the day.

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Wow. I feel bad for the guys in the lockerroom. Loose Cannon, I can respect you looking at this from a business standpoint (I also study business), but guys like Johnny Stamboli could potentially make money. There are a few people backstage that don't do much for the WWE, after they have the exposure, etc. they need. Nunzio & Stamobli could put on good tag team matches, and are over as Jesus in Italy. They could have been given a good feud and restored interest into the tag team championship on SmackDown!. This could have been better for business in the long run. I hope we see Nunzio (since I doubt he will be let go, because like Steven Richards, he's got Vince McMahon backing him) at Survivor Series, so we can either get a new FBI partner (from OVW) or establish him as a singles competitor in the Cruiserweight/US Division(s).

Rodney Mack has failed to gain interest, but he was getting somewhere with Jazz, Jonathan Coachman, Mark Henry & Theodore R. Long, until Henry got injured, and they moved Teddy Long over to SmackDown!. This sort of aborted the "Backing the Mack" project. With Shelton Benjamin on RAW, there's a potential feud/partnership for Mack. Releasing his wife with him (Jazz), is fairly cruel (although you have to be in the business world). Jazz was just winning All-RAW Diva Battle Royals at house shows. That includes the champion Trish Stratus. I believe they were setting her up for a feud with Lita if she won the title at Survivor Series (with their ECW history, Jazz could argue she beat detah by surviving Lita or something). Jazz could have gotten over, and become a landmark in the divisionm if she was on TV. The only woman I think that compares to her is Shaniqua, who I would expect to see called up in the near future.

I think Rosey is more vulnerable than people think. His cousin Jamal (and someone very similiar to him in the ring) was released, and Rosey is acting like Stamboli was on SmackDown! (as the partner/sidekick of a cruiserweight that appears on and off in tag team and singles competition). There's also the fact that he didn't accompany Hurricane to ringside. It probably doesn't mean anything, but Hurricane is Hurricane without Rosey, and Rosye is nothing without Hurricane (gimmick-wise). I'd say he would be a much better choice to release than Stamboli, because Johnny's left Nunzio with nothing.

I just pray to God that Val Venis, Paul London & Matt Hardy keep their jobs.

Head
11-04-2004, 05:02 PM
LOL they do all this at the same time they hire Viscera back.

Sephiroth
11-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Neah, they can't fire Nunzio and Paul London!!! they just can't!!! :mad:

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2004, 05:35 PM
LOL they do all this at the same time they hire Viscera back.

Is Viscera under contract, or is he just doing appearances? I could see TNA hire this guy if they're doing a WWE invasion angle.

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Neah, they can't fire Nunzio and Paul London!!! they just can't!!! :mad:

I hope they don't. Those two guys have some of the best potential in the business. If they were let go, I'd expect to see them in either TNA or Ring of Honour (hopefully TNA), and we could have them in the X-Division.

Corkscrewed
11-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Dayam. this is pretty crazy. I don't care much for most of the wrestlers... if London and Akio ever get canned, I will be majorly pissed off, tho.

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Akio is more likely to be next. And sadly, Val Venis. :'(

Hey, maybe this is all a work and we'll these guys go to a new thrid brand? It's not likely, but it would be a much happier scenario if it was. :-\

Disturbed316
11-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Meh, Mack wasn't really doing much apart from keeping Heat slightly interesting.

Jazz I'm abit surprised with, seeing as she is one of the only decent women wrestlers in WWE.

Stamboli....I cant even remember the last time he was in a ring.

I really hope Stevie doesn't go, I quite enjoyed his Stevie Night Heat gimmick, although the mystery women thing killed him.

Dark Kane
11-04-2004, 07:06 PM
If they release my beautiful Molly Holly, I'm putting WWE on a lawsuit. :n:

Hardkore Kidd J
11-04-2004, 07:14 PM
I hope they don't. Those two guys have some of the best potential in the business. If they were let go, I'd expect to see them in either TNA or Ring of Honour (hopefully TNA), and we could have them in the X-Division.

OH Yes! Paul Londen vs. AJ Styles for the title. :drool: *marks out*

Nark Order
11-04-2004, 07:37 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! I thought this was a joke at first.

This is getting rediculous...

Nark Order
11-04-2004, 07:52 PM
TNA REJOICE!

jerichoholic169
11-04-2004, 08:28 PM
well lets make a list of all the older wrestlers who weren't getting a big push or had had their chance and not done well enough. thats pretty much what they're doing. maybe tomko, cade, henry, venis, akio, scotty and shannon moore are next as none of them have been used very much in a major storyline very recently.

CosaNostra
11-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Lits..........God I hope they release Lita. I'm so sick of her.