PDA

View Full Version : Versus #1: Master Chief vs Samus

Kalyx triaD
11-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah we've probably seen these FAN-tasies in some forum in some geeky site. But with all this Rate this (X): Day Whatever and countless "Official" threads about nothing important; I figure it's safe to start one of my own.

Now, let's not confuse this with Halo 2 versus Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes, as I can already see gaming comparisons stirring in someones head. This isn't about visuals or multiplayer options, mainly the abilities of the gaming icons in question, as seen in their respective videogame, are put to the test against each other. This will commence by way of oppinionated observations by us with who we think would win and why. I can't stop you, but anything in the likes of, "(X) will win because (Y) sux!" will be frown apon. Let's go.

Master Chief (Halo) vs Samus (Metroid Prime)

My Obs.:

In a match of First Person madness, the gunners of XBox and Gamecube actually have some similarities. They both keep running into mean aliens. They both done a futuristic suit of armor. The similarities end just by seeing Samus move, she's way more gymnist than the Spartan. MC does have a nice collection of vehicles, assuming they're duke it out in a field full of them, and Samus may have a hard time against a Scorpion Tank. But Samus is a vehicle in and of herself with her Morph Ball ability. This would make her hard to hit, and to find for that matter. Out of vehicles MC would have a hard time vending off against the chick, as most of his better weapons are found with fallen soldiers and Covenants. He'd probably start with his Battle Riffle, SMG, and 4 Grenades. A sizable cache of tools. Samus is hooked up with a nice laser beam cannon built in her arm. I doubt MC would let her 'explore' the area for power ups and missles, setting her back.

Conclusion:

With multiple sight scans, an infinate issue laser cannon, morph ball, grappling hooking, and screw attacking; MC would have trouble with such a physical enemy. An Energy Sword would help greatly, as Samus isn't the melee type. But even that's assuming MC could catch her with a one-hit kill lock, as her ball morphing eliminates locking (an ability evident in her new multiplayer mode).

Winner: Samus (Metroid)

A nice side conclusion is that they'd put their differences aside and have ass kicking babies. Babies that would be born cooler than anything on Killzone.

Buzzkill
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
dunno

Gonzo
11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Poll it.

Kalyx triaD
11-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Request: Delete This Thread

Buzzkill
11-09-2004, 10:21 AM
lol archive