PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Dead: The Remake (Now Updated with Horrible News)

Shaggy
11-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Thats right you heard me right. I just read on Bloody-disusting.com that instead of doing Freddy Vs Jason vs Ash that they are remaking The Evil Dead with the same company that did The Grudge. All the people are along with it and yes Bruce Campbell will be back as the greatest hero of all in this movie.

Sadly in my mind im wondering if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It might be great to see Evil Dead with better graphics and stuff but now its sorta not getting a new story or anything. I just hope that they dont screw this up like I heard they screwed up The Grudge.

this is what I got from Bloody-Disgusting.com--------------------------

I guess we all sell out sooner or later...

Variety breaks the shocking news:
"Spider-Man 2" director Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell are reteaming to produce a remake of the cult hit "The Evil Dead" through Ghost House Pictures, the joint venture of Raimi, Tapert and Senator Intl.

Raimi wrote, directed and produced the 1981 "Dead," which tells of five twentysomething friends holed up in a remote cabin who discover a Book of the Dead. When an archaeologist's taped translation of the text and its incantations is replayed, the youths unwittingly summon dormant demons that possess them.

Raimi will not direct the remake, so Ghost House is looking for a helmer to reinvent the franchise before a script is written.

Original pic spawned subsequent installments "Evil Dead II" and "Army of Darkness."

"Dead" will be fully financed by Senator Intl., which will hold worldwide rights to pic. Exec VP of motion pictures Nathan Kahane will oversee the pic for Senator.

" 'The Evil Dead' is such a special film to Sam, Rob, Bruce and horror fans that we are going to take great care in renewing this franchise," said Joe Drake, Senator Intl. prexy. "By keeping its original formula intact and given audiences' appetite for horror, we expect that we'll have a real hit on our hands."

Pic follows Ghost House's first horror release, "The Grudge," which has grossed more than $100 million worldwide to date.

Senator and Ghost House are developing a sequel to "Grudge."

Other upcoming pics include "Dibbuk Box" from the Pang brothers; "Scarecrow"; "30 Days of Night," in partnership with Columbia; and "Boogeyman," to be released by Screen Gems in February."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read on the same site that word is that Bruce Campbell will now be playing the role of Ash in this remake. Word is that he might have a small cameo in the movie but that will be about it. Talks are in works for who could take over the role of Ash.....

Dark Horizons shocked me with this story from a scooper:
"I was one of the several dozen that submitted a Freddy vs Jason sequel treatment to New Line back in November 2003. It ended up that one of the execs there had his treatment - "Freddy vs Jason vs Ash" - met most favorably (saves starting up another payroll for an outsider you see?) and it was the one that was all set to go. Then things changed...

They began negotiations with Sam Raimi. I understand that as soon as Raimi saw that there was some interest in his Evil Dead franchise, he started thinking about other possibilities for the character and the remake idea was born out of that, and at the end of the day - money talked. He gets a bigger stake in ownership this way, whereas NL wanted a 'hand your character over to us' handshake. They were trying to work out a way they could both win, but it just didn't come off.

Anyway, Senator International is doing the new series of "Evil Dead" movies. And nope, Bruce Campbell - besides a cameo I assume - isn't going to playing Ash. Not sure whether that's the financing parties decision or Raimi's. Guessing the suits made the call. One name being thrown about for the part of Ash is a guy named Justin Theroux from "Charlies Angels: Full Throttle" and "Mulholland Drive". Will be interesting to see how the fans take to him and the new start in general".

Dave Youell
11-19-2004, 09:23 AM
First of all: OH MY GOD YESsssssssssssssssssssss

Secondly: Yeha I would prefer it with a new storyline, but still! OH MY GOD

Boondock Saint
11-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Blasphemy.

Boondock Saint
11-19-2004, 09:31 AM
It also doesn't say that Campbell will star. If he doesn't it will blow. He IS those flicks.

I'd much much rather see an Evil Dead 4. This is unnecessary.

Buzzkill
11-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Sam Raimi won't direct it :(

Danny Electric
11-19-2004, 04:56 PM
This will suck, no Raimi, they've already kind of remade it with Evil Dead 2 and it will have a big budget. Part of the appeal of the original film was that it was low budget.
I hope they just leave it alone.

Funky Fly
11-19-2004, 06:17 PM
FUCKING FUCK NO!

Champion of Europa
11-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Blasphemy.

Crimson
11-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I liked the Evil Dead. It will be a good movie I think. The Grudge sucked though

Downunder
11-20-2004, 08:26 AM
For fucks sake can they not come up with anything original anymore!!!

LEAVE THE SHIT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR Hero
11-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Bruce Campbell is so freaking good, but I don't think this concept will be.

Downunder
11-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Blasphemy.

VJW
11-20-2004, 04:52 PM
This sucks cock! :(