PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Would it be wise to push JERICHO as a main-event heel? (in the future).

Heyman
11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
DISCUSSION - Would it be wise to push JERICHO as a main-event heel? (in the future).

Here's my line of thinking:

1) Jericho's been around for WAY too long (and has been made to look 'average' for way too long) for the fans to REALLY get behind as a FACE main-eventer. It's not the year 2000 or 2001 anymore. :(.

2) With Orton, Benjamin, Benoit,....and the impending returns of Kane and Shawn Michaels, Jericho could *REALLY* fall down the depth chart.

3) I may be WRONG on this, but I also suspect that Triple H will NOT be a heel within the next year or so (quite possibly even sooner). Even the "geniuses" ( :shifty: -) on the creative team must realize that Triple H's character as a heel has RUN it's course.

I think it's obvious that Orton will be the top face, while Edge will be the top heel (after WM next year........lets atleast pretend to assume that Triple H will temporarily give the spotlight to someone else ;)).

My biggest concern with this however, is that the fans simply won't care about Edge enough, to take him seriously enough as a main-eventer (Edge won't neccessarily be a toilet bowl heel like JBL, but I still have doubts as to whether the fans will "buy" into him......especially if he can't get into 5 star quality matches). I'm saying this EVEN IF Edge "goes over" Chris Benoit.

Upon seeing the "failure" of Edge's heel main-event push, the WWE will then just "re-elevate" Triple H as "the top heel." :foc:

So with that in mind, do you think it's a good idea to "turn" someone like Chris Jericho?

A) Jericho can put over 5 star matches with the likes of Benjamin, Benoit, Orton, etc.

B) Jericho has much bigger "drawing potential" than Edge (atleast IMO). Elaborating on point 'b', I think its MUCH easier to push someone as a heel than it is as a face. Jericho may be a guy that can NEVER be taken seriously as a main-event face (since he's been buried for so long), but I'd argue that this line of reasoning goes out the window if you turn him HEEL (since as a heel, you can 'start out' getting fluke victories.......but slowly over time, start getting more convincing victories).

C) The fans CARE about Jericho. Will Jericho still elicit face pops as a heel? Yes. Is that so bad? No. ALL successful heels garner atleast SOME face pops (i.e. The Rock, Angle, Orton, Triple H, etc.).

-Ideally, Jericho would NOT be stuck in the mid-cards..........but he is.

-Ideally, Jericho would be a HUGE babyface main-eventer......but given the fact that he's been around for soo long, the fans may not get behind him NEARLY as much....as they would've THREE years ago. Stick a fork in this possibility.

How should the WWE turn Jericho?

I'm not really sure as to WHAT they can do. I'm thinking that within the next few months, Jericho basically keeps on 'doing what he's doing' (i.e. pleasing the fans, getting victories over mid-carders, jobbing to "important" wrestlers, etc.).

One day - somebody (Vince McMahon? Bischoff?) cuts a promo with Jericho.......and talks about how he was once the UNDISPUTED champion, but has now turned into a joke. This sets the stage for a Jericho turn.

RemyRed
11-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Jericho is too washed up right now to ever go somewhere IMO.

Gouda
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Personally I don't see HHH turning Face. So therefore as long as HHH is a heel he will ALWAYS be the number one heel and all the other ones will either be midcard or aligned with HHH in some sort of way.

I think Jericho has more chance at getting to be a min event Face. Despite his being made out to be average he can still turn it around and the people will love him.

YOUR Hero
11-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Edge will go far, unless he continues to keep getting injured.

V
11-28-2004, 08:59 PM
i love jericho as a face, i can't stand his charact4er (both kayfabe and smark wise) as a heel

Heyman
11-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Jericho is too washed up right now to ever go somewhere IMO.

What do you mean by "washed up"? Character wise or wrestling wise? As far as I know, Jericho is still 100% healthy.......and is more than capable of having a 5 star quality match with most.

The way I see it:

1) It's always easy to get heel heat.

2) The fans care about Jericho, more than 95%+ of the superstars in the WWE. Key word here is "care"......something I'm not sure that the fans may feel for Edge.

RemyRed
11-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Well, washed up was the wrong word, but right now he's pretty stale as either face or heel. Probably becaused he's switched so many times throughout his WWE run.

Heyman
11-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Personally I don't see HHH turning Face. So therefore as long as HHH is a heel he will ALWAYS be the number one heel and all the other ones will either be midcard or aligned with HHH in some sort of way.

Ah.........so I see that you're a disciple of The CyNick! :p ;) Perhaps you're right,.......but I hope you're wrong. If Triple H DOES stay heel, then there's NO WAY that he'll play second fiddle to another heel (and he'll still be booked in such a way, that he'll look "superior" to whoever is the temporary #1 heel).

I think Jericho has more chance at getting to be a min event Face. Despite his being made out to be average he can still turn it around and the people will love him.

Hopefully. It will take a good 2-3 month build-up to get him back on track however. Unfortunately - with guys like Orton, Benjamin, Benoit, and HBK (When he comes back) all higher on the depth chart than Y2J, I just don't think its a realistic possibility.

Even if Jericho is destined to stay in mid-card hell forever, then atleast he can have some FIVE-STAR match with the likes of Benoit, Benjamin, Orton, and HBK.

Heyman
11-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Edge will go far, unless he continues to keep getting injured.

Injuries IS another concern, but I have my doubts regardless.

-Edge isn't that great of a wrestler IMO. He's "average" at best.

-Edge doesn't have that "megastar" aura that certain other WWE Superstars have. I guess a lot of this stems from the fact that he's been in the WWE for way too long (and not been a main-eventer). JBL is the same way (and we can all see how shitty he's doing as a main-eventer).

I'd argue that Jericho, despite being buried, still has....."it". That certain "quality".

Edge's character has gained a lot of momentum in recent weeks, but how long can it last? Eventually - you need to be able to back it up with 4 or 5 star level matches (to retain that level of heat). I'm just not sure if Edge can do that. :-\ With Jericho.......there's no doubt.

In conclusion - I really hope that the WWE does NOT have Edge go 'over' Benoit (although my hopes will most likely be in vain). Instead - I hope that the WWE has Benoit defeat Edge, but lose to a newly turned Jericho somewhere down the road.

Londoner
11-28-2004, 09:28 PM
I would like to see Y2J pushed as a main event face. Have him beat Triple H for the title on Raw when he is the guest GM, then he and HHH have a rematch but Y2J retains only because Orton causes a DQ and makes a heel turn, which could make a Orton V Y2J feud for the title(this way it doesn't make HHH look bad either), and maybe you would have to have HHH in there somewhere aswell i guess, or have him feud with someoene else.

Gerard
11-28-2004, 09:33 PM
i love jericho as a face, i can't stand his charact4er (both kayfabe and smark wise) as a heel

To me its the same character really, as a face, cocky smartass with a quick mouth, as a heel its pretty much the same deal only using the quick mouth to antagonise the fans instead of sucking up to them.

Londoner
11-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Just adding onto my idea, i guess you would have to have HHH in the title match at the PPV cos otherwise it wouldn't make sense(he could blame Orton for costing him the rematch). Even though it means HHH being in a title match again...

Heyman
11-28-2004, 09:36 PM

Personally - I love him as both......but more as a heel. Personally - I almost always tend to enjoy heel characters more than face characters........since a heel can use more creativity, etc. on the mic (instead of being forced to use the same catchphrases over and over again, etc.).

Like I said before (or atleast implied) - if the WWE can FIND a way to re-build Jericho as a main-event face (i.e. build him up BIG TIME) over the next 3 months, then that's great. I'm ALL FOR seeing Jericho be the top face.

However - given the fact that Benoit, Benjamin, and Orton are all above Jericho on the depth chart, makes this unlikely.

Atleast as a heel, he can put on TOP quality matches with Benoit and Benjamin (arguably the two best technical wrestlers on RAW).

Atleast as a heel, he can feud with the top babyface in Orton (and not get squashed........like he would if he fought the top HEEL in Triple H).

Also - in regards to "credibility".

I'd argue that its not only much TOUGHER to gain credibility as a face, but its also a lot EASIER to lose credibility as a face.....since when you lose as a face, you're letting down the fans.....95% of which, are 'marks' in the truest sense.

Since Jericho is "arguably" the best sports-entertainer in the WWE right now (and potentially its biggest drawing card......if used right), it's RIDICULOUS for the WWE to consistently have Jericho "put over" up-and-comers at crucial times (or atleast one could argue).

Around the time of Wrestlemania when Jericho turned, I was ESTATIC when Jericho made the turn. Little did I realize at the time however, that management would make him look so...........average. :nono: :'(

Since Wrestlemania, what has Jericho done? Other than get a roll-up victory over Edge, and a few victories over mid-carder Christian, he's done nothing of significance (other than giving a blowjob to Dave Batista and Shelton Benjamin :nono: -).

Innovator
11-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Jericho hasn't even been a face for a year, and before this he was a heel for about 2 (give or take a month). He hasn't been given or been near the ball since the Stephanie vs. HHH feud in 2002. Give him a World Title feud or run as a face, see how the fans react.

Heyman
11-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Give him a World Title feud or run as a face, see how the fans react.

Let Jericho be World Champ, and let him regain his "2000/01 face-like reactions" due to this title reign. I actually like the sound of that.....alot. :y:

Off-topic slightly, but can you IMAGINE the "shock value" involved in such a thing?........If Jericho won the title on TELEVISION! :eek: It's too good of an idea.......which is exactly why it won't happen. :nono:

The only problem I see with that, is that the fans might show (initial) lukewarm reactions in seeing Jericho as champ (since he's been made to look so "average" for so long). When management and Triple H see that, they may use it as a pretext to take the title of Jericho right away (due to his initial...somewhat mediocre response).

p.s. As an asside - now you've made me a bit sad. :'( When its Jericho's turn to run RAW in two weeks, a small part of me will be thinking, "What if Innovator's idea actually works out.......and Jericho miraculosly defeats Triple H!" God DAMN I want to see that! Orton costing Triple H the title. :drool:

Jericho vs. Edge at Wrestlemania for the title (where Edge goes 'over' :(), while Orton and HHH have a non-title match at mania' (due to their hatred for one another, both HHH and Orton consistently prevent one another from winning the title up until that point).

DAMN you Innovator! Now you've got my "hopes" up for absolutely no reason! :mad: :p

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Let Jericho be World Champ, and let him regain his "2000/01 face-like reactions" due to this title reign. I actually like the sound of that.....alot. :y:

Off-topic slightly, but can you IMAGINE the "shock value" involved in such a thing?........If Jericho won the title on TELEVISION! :eek: It's too good of an idea.......which is exactly why it won't happen. :nono:

The only problem I see with that, is that the fans might show (initial) lukewarm reactions in seeing Jericho as champ (since he's been made to look so "average" for so long). When management and Triple H see that, they may use it as a pretext to take the title of Jericho right away (due to his initial...somewhat mediocre response).

p.s. As an asside - now you've made me a bit sad. :'( When its Jericho's turn to run RAW in two weeks, a small part of me will be thinking, "What if Innovator's idea actually works out.......and Jericho miraculosly defeats Triple H!" God DAMN I want to see that! Orton costing Triple H the title. :drool:

Jericho vs. Edge at Wrestlemania for the title (where Edge goes 'over' :(), while Orton and HHH have a non-title match at mania' (due to their hatred for one another, both HHH and Orton consistently prevent one another from winning the title up until that point).

DAMN you Innovator! Now you've got my "hopes" up for absolutely no reason! :mad: :p

Yeah, I posted in one of your others discussions that I would like to see Orton & Triple H at Mania WITHOUT the World Heavyweight Championship involved. They have enough personal heat to really create a drawing match that doesn't NEED the WHC involved to make it interesting.

Now this is an idea I stole from Gohan3k and ThugLife, and I love it, so I'm going to mention it here on behalf of them. Anyway, provided Jericho doesn't win the Battle Royal on this week's RAW (and that Triple H retains), Jericho comes out during a Triple H promo and shows us footage of Jericho beating Triple H for the WWE Championship in 2000. Jericho then tells Triple H "he owes him a title" and strips him of the title on the basis that Jericho should've won.

Now this is where I'd go from here. Jericho defends the title against the "truly deserving" Greg Stevens (some jobber), and makes him tap out to the Walls of Jericho (Liontamer-style). He then adds to that by hitting a Lionsault on the prone Stevens. The next week we see Eric Bischoff announce that at New Year's Revolution we will see a "Grand Tournament" for the World Heavyweight Championship due to the controversy this irresponsible decision by Jericho has garnished. Eight men will face off in a tournament, and the winner will be the IC Champion, and he will face Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship. The finals of the tournament comes down to Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benajmin. Benoit wins, and then loses to Jericho in the main event.

Jericho then enters the Royal Rumble to try and get the WWE Championship as well. He isn't successful, but somehow this leads Eddie Guerrero over to RAW. Eddie heads over to RAW, and we see Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Guerrero signed for the RAW main event of WrestleMania. Triple H vs. Randy Orton, JBL vs. Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle are other matches on the card. Anyway Jericho wins, and then starts several feuds, until Jericho and Orton somehow meet up and have a blowoff match at Summerslam 2005, with Orton winning the title.

Or I can see Jericho moved to SmackDown! as a face (or a heel). I just can't see his character changing successfully without the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist, or some kind of psychologically broken type character. Anyway, I must admit I didn't see a heel Jericho in WCW, so I don't have the fond memories of him as a heel, so I aren't as filled with passion for that side of Jericho as his face side.

Gone Mad
11-29-2004, 02:10 AM
No, I think Jericho should stay face. The only way he work now as a heel is to have a crew alongside him, sort of like Xtian but of course Jericho will be the leader. He needs to be a force to be messed with and the way he is now, he needs alot of help to become top heel. And hell, J is my boy and I say that!

Oh, and Edge is dull (pardon the pun) so I don't see him ever being the top heel. As said before, he is average.

Londoner
11-29-2004, 05:49 AM

Excuse me mate i came up with the idea first!Im amazed my post has been completely ignored here.

big_bluto
11-29-2004, 07:00 AM
It would be wise to push Jericho as a main event anything, but it ain't gonna happen.

They should just invent a belt and give it to him for ever, so at least he can still get a regular slot in PPV's.

Tornado
11-29-2004, 07:40 AM
and we see Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Guerrero signed for the RAW main event of WrestleMania.

:drool:

123 kid
11-29-2004, 11:47 AM
I don't mind whether it happens being a heel or a face, as long as Y2J gets his ?(well-deserved) main-event push :p

But I think I'd rather see Jericho win the title again as a face. As last time he was champion (which was tooo long ago) he was a heel. So it would be nice to see him as a face champion and see how over he gets with the fans. I'm pretty sure he would get mega over and prove to be a great champion.

Although Jericho can gain heel heat easily as well, and would prove to be a great champion as heel or face, I'd rather see him as a face champion...

John la Rock
11-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Jericho (as a face) needs to beat HHH CLEANLY for the title to get right back up there as a true main-eventer

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Excuse me mate i came up with the idea first!Im amazed my post has been completely ignored here.

Was it? My apologies. I remember Jericho's victory over Triple H was brought up by you (I think), but I thought it was Gohan who coined the idea. If it was you my apologies, and I'll edit my post accoridingly. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Jericho (as a face) needs to beat HHH CLEANLY for the title to get right back up there as a true main-eventer

Personally, I think he just needs the title. If he's gonig to actually win it, it should be cleanly, but I think if he cuts promos and awards himself the championship, it will serve the same purpose.

the_rock's_#1_fan
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Personally, I think he just needs the title. If he's gonig to actually win it, it should be cleanly, but I think if he cuts promos and awards himself the championship, it will serve the same purpose.

I know this may sound crazy and stupid to those of you out there without a ¼ of a brain but the rock is indeed an x-factor because nobody right now knows when, but rock is expected to return as a full-time wrestler, probably sometime after he does a match at WM21, but let's not leave anyone out here, who could possibly turn this whole situation on it's head...let's also not forget E.B. returns as RAW GM (probably as a babyface) in 2 weeks from tonight, so he might have a say in this as well...just some things to think about

Innovator
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM

The shock value would reach 2000 levels, when Jericho pinned HHH to win the WWF title...then Hebner was forced to nullify the match. I STILL REMEMBER DAMMIT! THE MATCH TOOK PLACE!

Heyman
11-29-2004, 04:27 PM
The shock value would reach 2000 levels, when Jericho pinned HHH to win the WWF title...then Hebner was forced to nullify the match. I STILL REMEMBER DAMMIT! THE MATCH TOOK PLACE!

The more I think about, the more I LOVE the idea (and the more I'm gonna be PISSED at you, when it doesn't go down ;) ).

Here's what I'd argue:

If Jericho were to become the World Champion next week, he would eventually get his 2000-like popularity back...........even if he, as World Champion, still got less TV time than Triple H and/or Orton.

Call me crazy, but I believe that to be true. It's pretty hard to ignore the fact that Jericho's popularity in 2000, was second to only The Rock's (who was at his peak).

Having said that...................I've drawn two scenerios. One scenerio is what I THINK will happen...........and the other is what I WANT (as of last night) to happen.

What I think will happen:

-Triple H will hold the title until Wrestlemania.
-Randy Orton will win the Royal Rumble
-Randy Orton will defeat Triple H at Wrestlemania to win the World title.

The card:

-Main-event: Randy Orton vs. Triple H
-women's match
-Smackdown main-event
-match
-Match involving The Rock
-match
-match
-etc.

Here's what I wouldn't mind seeing happen:

-Chris Jericho defeats Triple H next week on RAW thanks to Orton interference.

-Undertaker defeats Guerrero, JBL, and Booker T to become champ (until Wrestlemania, he follows this up with individual victories over each of these 3 men).

-Orton and Triple H continuosly prevent each other from winning the World titles.

-Jericho continues to get "built up" to the point where he regains his 2000-like popularity. He defeats Batista, Gene Snitsky, and a return victory over Benjamin.

-At Royal Rumble, Jericho wins a triple threat match over Orton and Triple H (it looks "slightly flukey" however....thanks to Triple H and Orton focusing too much on one another).

-John Cena wins the Royal Rumble.

-Edge somehow becomes the #1 contender for Jericho's (a tournament is held to see who becomes #1 contender). In this tournament, Edge defeats Benoit, Orton (with Triple H interference), and Benjamin (who defeats Triple H thanks to Orton interference) to become #1 contender. After this tournament, it is announced that Orton and Triple H will face one another at Wrestlemania!

The Card:

-Smackdown WWE title: John Cena vs. Undertaker
-women's match
-Randy Orton vs. Triple H
-match
-Match involving The Rock
-match
-Raw World title: Chris Jericho vs. Edge
-match
-match
-etc

Why "my way" works out better than what will "most likely" happen:

-John Cena, Edge, and Jericho become (or in Jericho's case, re-establish) bona-fide main-event superstars.

-Jericho regains his 2000-like overness and popularity due to being the World champ

-Edge finally wins "the big one"

-John Cena goes over big time, by winning the main-event of the show......and by ending Undertaker's WM winning streak.

-Randy Orton "goes over" by cleanly defeating Triple H.

I guess in "my scenerio" (or my line of thinking) - does Orton really NEED to win the World title at Wrestlemania?..............or does he just need a CLEAN VICTORY over Triple H? (in terms of establishing mega-credibility with the fans).

Since Orton has already been the World Champ, I'd have to go with the 'latter'.

Atleast in my scenerio, you "elevate" 3 more stars (Cena, Jericho, Edge).

Orton is already "on that level" so to speak. I would argue that winning the world title for him at Mania isn't all that important (since he's already done it). A clean victory over Triple H should achieve the "desired effect".

p.s. One last point: Triple H vs. Orton has already been done (which is why I REALLY hope that they are NOT the main-event for Wrestlemania).

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 01:46 AM
I agree with you Heyman, but the thing is, I really don't see Edge and Cena in the main event. I don't think I'd be losing any sleep if it did happen, but I think being in the WrestleMania main event should either be epic, or some kind of really built-up thing. Ican't think if a built-up thing on either roster, except maybe Triple H vs. Batista, and I doubt that would happen.

Anyway, here is my scenario. I hope you enjoy, and find it half as good as yours for the long-term of the company.

-On RAW (keep in mind I haven't see it yet), Triple H retains, throwing out Rhyno or Jericho last.
-The next week on RAW, Jericho shows us the footage from 2000, with him winning the WWE Title. Y2J proclaims himself the new World Heavyweight Champion.
-Eric Bischoff returns and says he quite frankly likes Jericho as champion, but in the interest of fairness he will allow a tournament to take place at New Year's Revolution for the WHC.
-Triple H, Rhyno, Batista, Edge, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Gene Snitsky & Randy Orton are named as the entries for the tournament
-Evolution "injure" Y2J, so he cannot compete. Eric says then Jeircho will be stripped of the title, but Vince McMahon comes out and asks the fans if they want to see Jericho stripped of the title (the fans boo). McMahon then decides that a replacement for Jericho will be thrown into the tournament, and the winner of the tournament faces an injured Chris Jericho in the main event for the World Heavyweight Championship.
-Shelton Benjamin is named Chris Jericho's replacement. Eric Bischoff adds that he has to defend the IC Title in all of his matches.
-Benoit makes Trips tap, Batista scrapes in a win over Rhyno, Benjamin pins Edge with Christian interference, Orton pins Snitsky after Rhyno, Tajiri, Eugene, William Regal & Maven all run-in and eventually allow Randy to hit the RKO for three.
-Benoit makes Batista tap, Benjamin pins Orton after Triple H interferes planting the seeds for a persoanl match between RKO/HHH at WM.
-Benoit beats Benjamin after ten German suplexes, and a Diving Headbutt for three. Benoit is the new IC Champ.
-Jericho makes Benoit tap out in the title match. It turns out Jericho wasn't injured, though, so he gets an easy title defense.
-Benoit gives the IC Title back to Benjamin, claiming that he doesn't need it, and he would be proud if Shelton held this belt with the pride and honour Benoit held it with.
-Jericho defends the World Heavyweight Championship against Triple H at the Royal Rumble. Jericho retains after Orton interference.
-Orton & Cena are dumped out of the Rumble together by Batista half-way throught he match.
-The Final Four in the Royal Rumble are Kane, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle. Angle is the first to go, eliminated by Taker. The Dead Man then gets eliminated by the illegal combined efforts of Kurt Angle, Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak. Out of the final two, Shawn Michaels is eliminated by Kane last.
-Jericho is worried about losing his title to Kane, but it turns out that The Big Red Machine is going to SmackDown!. Vince come sout and says that the stipulations on the WWE Royal Rumble have now been changed. Since Kane will be facing JBL at WrestleMania, RAW now has the choice to replace Kane, by signing a one-time Royal Rumble winner and a one-time WWE Champion to a RAW contract. Eric Bischoff chooses to bring Eddie Guerrero over to RAW.
-Another mini-Royal Rumble is held on RAW (as it will now be done annually to decide who gets the other title shot at Mania). Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit end up eliminating themselves last together. Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Guerrero is signed for Mania.

WrestleMania ends up looking something like this:

WWE Championship
John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Kane
Winner: Kane via pinfall.

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero
Winner: Chris Jericho via submission.

Loser Never Gets a World Heavyweight Title Shot Again
Triple H vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton via pinfall.

Interpromotional Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
Winner: Kurt Angle via submission.

Interpromotional Match
The Undertaker vs. Gene Snitsky
Winner: Gene Snitsky via pinfall.

WWE Intercontinental Championship/WWE United States Championship
Interpromotional Match
Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. John Cena vs. Charlie Haas
Winner: Carlito Caribbean Cool via pinfall.

2 on 2 Street Fight
Batista & Ric Flair vs. The Rock & Mick Foley
Winners: Batista & Ric Flair via pinfall.

WWE Tag Team Championship
Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match
Paul London & Billy Kidman vs. The Dudleys vs. Edge & Christian
Winners: Edge & Christian.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Ultimo Dragon vs. Rey Mysterio
Winner: Ultimo Dragon via pinfall.

WWE Women's Championship
Lita vs. Trish Stratus vs. Alexis Laree
Winner: Alexis Laree via pinfall.

World Tag Team Championship
Interpromotional Match
William Regal & Eugene vs. Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak
Winners: Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak via pinfall.

Battle Royal
Winner is the First Ever WWE Television Champion
Rhyno vs. Maven vs. Tajiri vs. The Hurricane vs. Rosey vs. Simon Dean vs. Muhammad Hassan vs. Heidenreich vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Rob Conway vs. Rene Dupree vs. Sylvain Grenier vs. Doug Basham vs. Danny Basham vs. Kenzo Suzuki vs. Funaki vs. Akio vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Shannon Moore vs. Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler vs. Tyson Tomko vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Orlando Jordan
Winner: Muhammad Hassan.

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Gene Snitsky over Taker at WRESTLEMANIA??????

Are you nuts?

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 04:13 AM
Gene Snitsky over Taker at WRESTLEMANIA??????

Are you nuts?

Why would you continue Taker's streak?

TheNamelessOne
11-30-2004, 05:00 AM
Jericho has always been star material.

He has the potential to be the WWEs biggest draw, with his diverse moveset, mic skills and natural charisma. But the WWE don't see it that way, and think people would much prefer to watch Blandy Orton instead.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 05:18 AM
Jericho has always been star material.

He has the potential to be the WWEs biggest draw, with his diverse moveset, mic skills and natural charisma. But the WWE don't see it that way, and think people would much prefer to watch Blandy Orton instead.

Jericho vs. Orton could be gold down the line. I think Orton does have more of a hopeful future, but I don't see why they don't make the most of probably one of their most charismatic employees.

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Why would you continue Taker's streak?

I agree that Taker's streak should be broken but for him to lose to Snitsky is just awfull.

The wrestler who defeats Taker at Wrestlemania will become MEGA over in the WWE. The only 2 wrestlers that I would like to see defeat Taker at Mania are John Cena or Randy Orton (especially as heels)

Innovator
11-30-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't know why everyone is hell-bent on ending Taker's streak. It's a mark for everyone to look up to, and will probably never be broken. Just let it be, besides if this is his last Wrestlemania, let him go out by not jobbing to someone who will probably Ryan Leaf their opportunity.

The CyNick
11-30-2004, 11:14 PM
First things first:

If HHH is a heel, he will be the #1 heel in the company. If he's a face, he will be the #1 face in the company. This will continue for many many years to come.

The proof is in the pudding. If they were going to de-push HHH, it would have already happened, with all the numbers going south. Further, even the theory of him being useful to "put people over" is faulty, because he did put over Benoit, and it wasn't enough to make Benoit a superstar. The fact of the matter is that not enough people see HHH as a star on the level of guys like Foley, Rock and Austin, so his JOBs dont really have the impact people expect them to. Well, that and because he makes sure nobody gets over on him for more than a couple of weeks.

As for Jericho, he's done as a draw. He's basically RVD with longer hair. People have seen him lose too many times for anyone to take him seriosuly as a top guy. You can turn him heel, face, heel face and heel again, and he'll still have the same spot in the upper middle of the card. It'll be like that till he retires.