PDA

View Full Version : It's been eight months...

Corkscrewed
11-29-2004, 12:05 AM
...since old school Undertaker appeared and about a year since Taker last road out on a motorcycle, and he's still as over as ever.

Remember when we were discussing Taker's return as the Dead Man, how most of us said that it couldn't last a long time, since the novelty would get old, and they couldn't possibly have him make rare appearances forever?

Well, lo and behold, IMO, it's worked. Taker has wrestled on SmackDOWN in a while, but it we don't really notice it, or at least I don't. Despite the inherent lack in logic in Taker going back to semi-supernatural dead man from biker, I haven't really seen any complaints about Taker around here, and the fans obviously still mark out for him huge.

The way the WWE has kept his appearances novel is one of the few things they haven't screwed up this year. It's so simple, yet effective, and I think a big part of the success has to do with sticking to the plan and not rushing things, or dropping an angle when it doesn't look like it'll work for a moment.

Anyway, discuss or something.

Splaya
11-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Undertaker still is (and may possibly be) my favorite gimmick of all time. When you hear that gong go off, you know the deadman is coming out. Sends chills down my spine even when it happens to this day.

I have his new music on that new cd they have and it is sweet to this day.

V
11-29-2004, 01:12 AM
i can't say i don't miss the badass, but yeah undertaker's awesome, i just wish he talked more

Anybody Thrilla
11-29-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't see why so many people are so into the Undertaker. The only time I ever enjoyed the Undertaker was when he was the Undisputed champion and he was just a mean ass. He was cool then...and only then, in my opinion.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 01:49 AM
I hate to continue the negative atmosphere here, but I have a few points to bring up about The Undertaker.

1. It's becomming painfully obvious the WWE's trying to keep him away from talking.
This really is one of my most disliked things about the current Undertaker scenario. He doesn't talk, and IMO, that's one of Taker's better talents. I don't see why we should fear The Undertaker as he is now, when we have heard no insight into his mind, or why he's acting all dark again. Maybe just a segment with Paul Bearer in his hospital bed claiming the world is no longer safe with The True Undertaker in it or something. Just anything that lets us see into his mind, and no why even The Big Show should be scared of this guy, and not the other way round. Gangrel & Viscera should have returned, and then when they et eye to eye with The Undertaker (after trying to attack him from behind), they freeze, then turn their frustrations out on JBL.

It's a shame they bailed on the Taker/Heyman angle. An "Extreme Ministry" could have been interesting with Heyman as the leader/manager, Undertaker as his main player, Luther Reigns as his hitman, and Undertaker's prodigy as well as the three Dudleys as servants of The Undertaker under Paul Heyman's power. Anyway we move on...

2. Fans are beginnig to notice The Undertaker isn't top notch in the ring.
Watch Heidenreich/Taker from Survivor Series, and you'll notice how the crowd was pretty much dead at the end of the match. Instead of roaring wildly when the Dead Man put his hand up after a strong victory. Now it is no secret that The Undertaker isn't a scientific genius, but he is healthy, and it would be a shame to see him sink into a "depression" in a wreslting sense suring this time of his career by having him wrestle long matches. Maybe he should start no-selling again. That, IMO, would be freaky. The Big Show military pressing Undertaker outside of the ring to no effect would be a mark out moment for myself.

Anyway, trying to think of ways to protect the Dead Man in the ring is hard. I can see the WWE bringing in an "execution rule", which states whenever a wrestler hits a Tombstone, the match is won by the performer of the move. But then after some wrestlers who use the Tombstone end up all over the place busted open, the move becomes "cursed". With The Undertaker performing this move freely and winning matches like that with it, he could look much more dangerous.

I like the idea of him sort of becomming a part-time wrestler, and bringing in a prodigy, to continue his reign of terro. Maybe even when the time is right, the last we could see of Undertaker is him getting beaten up by his prodigy marking a new era?

OK, I'm babbling now, but it is my belief that although The Undertaker is an icon and a legend, there are some flaws with him now that make him just a bit less interesting to me than what he could be.

V
11-29-2004, 02:45 AM
double post :rofl:

V
11-29-2004, 02:47 AM
seriously, one of you get an avatar. your names look the same, you have the same rep boxes, and no avatar, and you post saying the same things with slightly different words.

and um sorry to go off topic...

i HAVE to agree with whichever one of you twins said Undertaker was the man when he was champ as a heel, remember he made tommy dreamer i think swallow his tobacco, everyone was friggin scared of him.

JeremyTB29
11-29-2004, 03:41 AM
I would love to see Undertaker and HBK rekindle their feud but this time with Taker as the heel.I think there is still alot of unfinished business there since it was Taker who ended Shawn Michaels career the 1st time.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 04:20 AM
I would love to see Undertaker and HBK rekindle their feud but this time with Taker as the heel.I think there is still alot of unfinished business there since it was Taker who ended Shawn Michaels career the 1st time.

Not to mention the heat they could add to the feud with a religious take on the angle.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2004, 04:22 AM
seriously, one of you get an avatar. your names look the same, you have the same rep boxes, and no avatar, and you post saying the same things with slightly different words.

and um sorry to go off topic...

i HAVE to agree with whichever one of you twins said Undertaker was the man when he was champ as a heel, remember he made tommy dreamer i think swallow his tobacco, everyone was friggin scared of him.

But why do we NEED an avatar? You don't need to tell us apart, and should just read our posts and respond accordingly.

Eunos
11-29-2004, 09:34 AM
When Taker redebut at WM20. I was like WTF?!

Cause basically he looked exactly like he did before with slightly longer hair a trench coat and a hat.

But yeah ive gotten use to it now and im still a Taker mark no matter how bad he gets :)

SuperSlim
11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
MInistry of Darkness Taker was the best in my opinion. During that time he struck fear. During that team he had people do his work for him. All he had to do was speak and only deal with the "big fish" of the pond.

Noone corssed The UNdertaker. Nobody wanted to cause they knew that they would get jumped and beat by the entire ministry.

Dave Youell
11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Meh, I couldn't give 2 shits about Taker to be honest. he needs to retire IMO

HankScorpio
11-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Taker NEVER induced fear, He's Ginger for god sakes

SuperSlim
11-29-2004, 10:44 AM
he gave the illusion of fear back then

HankScorpio
11-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Paul Bearer was always scarier, he should've been a spokes person for staying away from fast food

juanker
11-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Taker NEVER induced fear, He's Ginger for god sakes
One of the funniest post's i've read in a while :lol: