PDA

View Full Version : Batista vs HHH at Mania

Loose Cannon
11-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Okay, like how cool is this slow Batista turn right now? This is the way you do a god dam turn and this is the way they should of done Orton's turn for christ's sake. I love how each week Batista seems to be second guessing himself and and you know deep down inside, he wants to go after HHH, but is held back by how powerful HHH is. Batista is like that kid who wants to stand up to his dad, when he knows his dad is wrong, but just can't because his dad is much more powerful then he is, not is a physical way, but in a pyschological and overwhelming presence kind of way. It's such a good story as you know soon enough the fans (and they already are really) are just going to want to see Batista snap and take out HHH. It's something that if done right and if built towards the right way, can really be a historic moment in wrestling.

Here you have Batista, who's followed in the footsteps of his mentor each and every day for the past two years. He's taken every order, he's protected every path, he's saved many possible defeats, but he's never once got his due. And he finally realizes that all this time he was being used and he was just another pawn in HHH's game. A pawn that is sacrificed every week for the King. God, this is the kind of angle I've been itching for the past couple of years.

So, I say screw Orton. I think anybody can see here that the better story is with Batista and HHH. You know if the WWE keeps building this slowly, it's going to come to a point where the fans are just going to be dying to see Batista take HHH's Title. AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE THEY SHOULD GO. Wrestlemania 21, Batista vs HHH for the World Title and Batista goes over. I'm telling you right now, if they keep the pace of this storyline and book that match for Mania and don't have them wrestle each other until then, they've sold me on Mania.

Orton has got plenty of time to win Titles. Batista is a lot older and I say if you're making an angle like this, you don't half ass it, you go all out. Maybe afterwards they turn Orton and do a Batista/Orton feud or something.

I just hope they don't screw this hope and I got to tell you, I'm a little more positive that they will screw it up and bury Batista in the process.

crash99
11-30-2004, 12:02 AM
I have to agree I like the slow Batista angle, but im sad to say I dont see Batista vs. HHH at Mania. It appears they have wanted Orton vs. HHH, and Im pretty sure they are going to stick with that.

I like Orton so I dont mind that they go with that, but I have to admit Im becoming more and more of a fan of Batista's with this whole angle. Let us hope they do not mess it up.

Loose Cannon
11-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Yea, I know it's Orton/HHH. The question really is shoud it be Batista/HHH?

Bigg Mike
11-30-2004, 12:12 AM
It's going to be something like HHH/Flair vs. Batista/Orton.
Like the Veterans vs. The New Blood.
Probably that match, with some gimmick rules...NO-DQ or cage maybe?

But hey, if Batista ever wins the title, don't look for him to hold it too long, it'd be fed right back to HHH.

Azriel
11-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't really see Batista becoming heavyweight champion, I just don't. What I do see is Orton/HHH at the Rumble for the title with Orton winning it due to Batista helping out and then have Batista/HHH at WM21 in a non-title match.

Funky Fly
11-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Batista HHH would = ratings.

Gouda
11-30-2004, 12:17 AM
Maybe.... Orton vs. HHH..... vs. Batista!

vs. Ric Flair. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
11-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I totally agree. This is the nice, SLOW turn that they should do. Stick with the plan. Don't rush things. Have long term booking.

You're right... stuff like this is tantalizing. It makes the turn more satisfying when it happens. And each tease makes us more frustrated, but also more interested, because we want to watch when it DOES happen.

So yeah, this is definitely a great move by the WWE. More of this and I'd be really happy, but they've shown promise quite a few times already this year with looking like they're finally righting the ship... and then they lose focus again.

So we'll see.

Loose Cannon
11-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Cork and Funky :love: Old School Booking Style 4 Life

Splaya
11-30-2004, 12:34 AM
WEll based on what is going to happen, The New Year's Revolution PPV is going to have HHH and Batista (or that's what early indications seem like). What if they have it happen like that but Flair interferes when Tista has the pin on HHH. But Tista has to dominate that match. None of this slow paced HHH bullshit. He just has to whip HHH pillar to post. Then you have Orton and Tista going after HHH. And as much as I like ORton, the right WM 21 main event is Batista vs HHH.

I'm loving Batista every minute now though, so....

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 02:12 AM
This is what I'm DREAMING of right now. At the Royal Rumble, about half-way through the match the two favourites Orton & Cena are battling on the ropes. Entrant #2 or 3, Dave Batista then comes up and a fast-pace and dumps both Cena & Orton over the top at the same time. If you were betting on the favourites your now out of the game (this is somehting I've been hoping would happen for years). Eventually, Batista wins the match! Maybe defeating Kurt Angle last?

Anyway, Triple H is snug because he thinks Davo's going to lie-down for him at the biggest stage of them all. While Triple H is running his mouth about how Batista's going to lie-down, Batista yells "NO!!!!!!!!!!!". Either that or you have this controversy last until WrestleMania with people trying to talk to Dave about not giving in to Triple H. Maybe even have Ric Flair approach Batista and tell him this is his opportunity, and he shouldn't let Triple H take it. They could be the winning words for Batista. But anyway, Batista goes out and Triple H tells him to lie-down and Batista just shakes his head and says "No.". Then, although many would be against this, we see a SQUASH match for the main event at WrestleMania. Maybe just have it 45 minutes of Batista kicking Triple H's ass. Batista then pins after a HUGE Batista Bomb for the 1-2-3.

RP
11-30-2004, 03:34 AM
They'll blow there load. I dont even like Orton that much. I love batista. Especially when he comes in with the muscle sleeveless shirt. He ooozes " The Man" give him the shot i say.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 04:15 AM
And it's not like Orton would have nowhere else to go. He can have an interpromotional match with Cena at Mania.

Heyman
11-30-2004, 04:33 AM
If Batista can get 'over' as a face (as recent crowd reactions have indicated), then I see no reason why not to do it.

Batista has "the look", and isn't too bad of a wrestler (for a big man).

Furthermore - Batista vs. Triple H has never been done before.

The only thing I'd reccommend with Batista (if the WWE decide to turn him face), is to give him a new nickname/moniker.........one of which the fans can easily chant.

"Ba-Tis-ta" sounds a bit...........lame......to chant.

He would still be called "Dave Batista" obviously, but I dunno......

-Jericho has "Y2J"
-VanDam has "RVD"
-Mysterio has "619".

What could Batista have?

Dave Youell
11-30-2004, 04:48 AM
It's going to be something like HHH/Flair vs. Batista/Orton.
Like the Veterans vs. The New Blood.
Probably that match, with some gimmick rules...NO-DQ or cage maybe?

But hey, if Batista ever wins the title, don't look for him to hold it too long, it'd be fed right back to HHH.
Hey, if they do that then HHH wont be champ

Great plan!

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 05:16 AM
If Batista can get 'over' as a face (as recent crowd reactions have indicated), then I see no reason why not to do it.

Batista has "the look", and isn't too bad of a wrestler (for a big man).

Furthermore - Batista vs. Triple H has never been done before.

The only thing I'd reccommend with Batista (if the WWE decide to turn him face), is to give him a new nickname/moniker.........one of which the fans can easily chant.

"Ba-Tis-ta" sounds a bit...........lame......to chant.

He would still be called "Dave Batista" obviously, but I dunno......

-Jericho has "Y2J"
-VanDam has "RVD"
-Mysterio has "619".

What could Batista have?

Gold-berg, Gold-berg.......:shifty:

I think maybe just something like Ba-tis-ta is good enough. Maybe "De-mon Bomb!"?

RemyRed
11-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally PostedBy Loose Cannon
I just hope they don't screw this hope and I got to tell you, I'm a little more positive that they will screw it up and bury Batista in the process.

Gouda
11-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Batista could have.... "Bat! Bat! Bat!"

Anyways, I was actually being serious above when I suggested the three way match.

Orton says he is the best, and that he is great and all that, and will win.

Batista says he is the true future of the business and when e wins the title he'll actually be able to hold on to it for more than a month.

Ric Flair either becomes the special referee or he also turns on HHH and we have a fatal four way between all the former Evolution members. Ric Flair would go on about how he is a legend and how he's tired of it all and wants to show the people that he is still The Man.

HHH by this time will be a raving maniac staggering about going "They're all out to get me.... it's my title.... I am The Game! It's mine! My own! My Prrrrrrrecious! I won't let them have it! ..... But they're ALL after me....."

Imagine the hype they could do if it was a fatal four way. Huge hype. Heck, even the three way without Ric Flair could recieve alot of hype.

Innovator
11-30-2004, 12:58 PM
the Ba-Tis-Ta chant fits his character I think.

Bigg Mike
11-30-2004, 01:58 PM
I had a teacher named Mr. Batista. He scared the hell out of me.
That is all.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Batista could have.... "Bat! Bat! Bat!"

Anyways, I was actually being serious above when I suggested the three way match.

Orton says he is the best, and that he is great and all that, and will win.

Batista says he is the true future of the business and when e wins the title he'll actually be able to hold on to it for more than a month.

Ric Flair either becomes the special referee or he also turns on HHH and we have a fatal four way between all the former Evolution members. Ric Flair would go on about how he is a legend and how he's tired of it all and wants to show the people that he is still The Man.

HHH by this time will be a raving maniac staggering about going "They're all out to get me.... it's my title.... I am The Game! It's mine! My own! My Prrrrrrrecious! I won't let them have it! ..... But they're ALL after me....."

Imagine the hype they could do if it was a fatal four way. Huge hype. Heck, even the three way without Ric Flair could recieve alot of hype.

I like that idea, a lot. :y:

I'd rather see Ric Flair as special guest referee or at ringside than actually participating in the match, however. And as long as they have Ric Flair serve as manager to the winner of the match, I'm happy.

Evolution doesn't even need to break up for this. Triple H and Batista beat down Orton in the match (still as teammates) then Hunter tells Davo to lie-dow. A resounding "No!", Triple H gets his ass kicked. Then after Orton & Batista clash like elements, Triple H picks up a sneaky victory, then we see him pull Dave and Ric back to him allowing Evolution to continue.

I'd prefer Batista winning the title, however. Or Orton, followed up by Batista swearing he'll take that belt from Orton.

MVP
11-30-2004, 04:30 PM
I really like Batista/HHH at Mania for a few of reasons.

Batista is a better wrestler than Orton.

Batista's turn will be more gradual than Orton's; so it'll be phenominal when he fully turns.

Batista could improve the reputation of Main Event Babyfaces by being an Anti-Hero type of face who can run into a ring full of people and take them all out Austin_Style. It could possibly be the dawning of a new Attitude Era if WWE's doesn't fuck it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying not to get too excited about this angle until I'm positive WWE isn't gonna fuck it up.

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Batista is a better wrestler than Orton? :wtf:

MVP
11-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Orton doesn't put any effort into his matches. I can say the only matches that I've seen him in where I was impressed was against Foley at Backlash and against Benoit at Summerslam. Other than that it looks like he doesn't really give a shit anymore. Just because Batista is a hoss doesn't mean he's bad. He has a decent move set and is solid in most of his matches.

Loose Cannon
11-30-2004, 06:56 PM
**Credit Wrestlingplanet.com

It is perceived and has been much speculated that the WWE is planning to have Triple H vs. Randy Orton at Wrestlemania, but over the past few weeks Batista has become somewhat of a fan favorite. The WWE at one time was concerned with his in ring skills, but Batista has worked extremely hard to improve and it has shown. There may be some possible changes to the main event if the WWE were to decide to break Batista off from Evolution and even place him in the main event against Triple H at Wrestlemania. There are still several months before anything will be done, but it will be interesting to follow this closely over the next few months.

:lol:

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Orton doesn't put any effort into his matches. I can say the only matches that I've seen him in where I was impressed was against Foley at Backlash and against Benoit at Summerslam. Other than that it looks like he doesn't really give a shit anymore. Just because Batista is a hoss doesn't mean he's bad. He has a decent move set and is solid in most of his matches.

I never said that Batista was a bad wrestler. Orton is IMO 100 X better in the ring. His matches with Foley and Benoit were by far his best but he has also put on 5 star matches with RVD and Edge.

Batista hasn't had a 4 or 5 star match yet in his career. O

Shaggy
11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
I cant wait for Batista to turn. Thats gonna be bad ass. To bad at Mania it will be Orton Vs HHH or Rock vs HHH yet again.

.44 Magdalene
11-30-2004, 07:35 PM
I can see it going Batista v HHH, Batista coming out of the battle as the champ, then building up a Batista v Orton fued...

...but maybe I'm crazy.

Funky Fly
11-30-2004, 08:03 PM
I had a teacher named Mr. Batista. He scared the hell out of me.
That is all.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR HOMEWORK?"

*spinebuster through desk followed by grunting and posing*

V
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
ANYTHING is better than the predictable orton vs hhh. ANYTHING. I'd even prefer Hardcore Holly in a 3 on 1 "Injure each member" handicap match agianst John Cena, Randy orton and Kurt angle.

orton vs hhh is just TOO predictable even for WWE's standards. Triple H has been in the title scene at the past 3 wrestlemanias, he needs to give it a rest and have a match there that doesn't involve the title.

What I would like to see is Orton going in with the world title facing Cena who has the WWE title in a title and brand unification match, but that's just not gonna happen.

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 08:40 PM
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR HOMEWORK?"

*spinebuster through desk followed by grunting and posing*

LOL :rofl:

Londoner
11-30-2004, 08:46 PM

I agree, I don't think it's lame at all.

Heyman
11-30-2004, 08:54 PM
My only concern with Batista turning face, is that the WWE will push him wrong.

Instead of making him a "dominant" big man type guy, the WWE will make him look too soft and symPATHETIC (i.e. like they did with Kane back in 1999).

If the WWE have plans to turn Batista face, I can see them (idiotically) trying to get the fans to feel "sorry" for Batista (like a whipped dog) as he takes verbal abuse from Triple H.

In other words - they'll make him look VULNERABLE.

If Batista can act like a "badass" face (maybe even Ken Shamrock-like), then I think that he can go 'over' huge.

Batista vs. Triple H is also good from a marketing standpoint (as I said earlier), since its never been done before.

Furthermore - Batista is practically the ONLY guy on Raw (of significance) that Triple H has not defeated yet.

If the WWE want to go this route with Batista however, then I highly reccommend that they make the turn within the next few weeks. That way -Batista will get plenty of build up before Wrestlemania......and his face push won't be so "rushed".

Heyman
11-30-2004, 09:00 PM

Yeah...............Upon second thought, I GUESS it would work.

I've always preferred "two syllable" names to be chanted (and if there's more than two syllables, then people chant their "abbreviations".....like "Y2J" for instance).

With two syllable words, you can have.....

"Let's go Aus-tin" ......or "Let's go "Or-ton". Or even with 4 (Un-der-ta-ker *clap clap clap clap).

It's also easier to chant enthsiastically IMO with 2 syallables. (i.e. "Rocky!" "Austin!").

But who knows - maybe the "uniqueness" of this (i.e. chanting a 3 syllable word) could actually be a benefit to Batista. :y:

Savio
11-30-2004, 09:04 PM
I was thinking about this awhile ago how would it go for someone with 5 syllables?

Gouda
11-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I was thinking about this awhile ago how would it go for someone with 5 syllables?

"Mo-humm-ad Hu-ssan!" :shifty:

.44 Magdalene
11-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Mo-humm-ad-Hu-ssan-*clap*-*clap*

Mo-humm-ad-Hu-ssan-*clap*-*clap*

It would sound awkward, but it could be done. :shifty:

Thriller
11-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Its funny how a couble months ago all people on here were talking about was how much Batista sucks.Now they are all praising him.Next thing ill be hearing how we should see Tomko ge a push lol.

But in all seriousness i like this direction they are going in.As long as the WWE keeps getting solid ratings i think this will be booked properly.The problem with Orton was the WWE was in a slump when the turned him so they were looking for a quick fix.WWEs best storylines are ones that arnt rushed

Kane Knight
11-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Its funny how a couble months ago all people on here were talking about was how much Batista sucks.Now they are all praising him.
Ummm...I don't know about funny. It seems like standard fare for fairweather fans.

However, consider this. People want to see Evolution end. This makes Dave the lynchpin, so to speak. A Flair/Helmsley breakup feud would be totally shit, and so they turn to the notion of Batista, the only other remaining member of the group. Batista's gotten good pops for quite some time, and they're building this angle far better than they did with edge's "Evolution hunter" gimmick.

Why, in this case, would it be surprising that people are warming up to a guy who is getting over and involved in a good story arc?

Granted, I do think this board is loaded with fairweather fans who would probably get a hardon for Moppy vs HHH at Wrestlemania if someone suggested it, but I think some people might have a reason to come around to like Batista.

And for the record, Batista vs Triple H would not equal ratings.

The CyNick
11-30-2004, 10:59 PM
I'd like to see Batista v HHH much more than HHH v Orton, basically for the reason LC was talking about, this turn has been done slowly, like the Orton turn should have.

They should have somehting happen on RAW where Bischoff screws Orton out of his "last chance" at getting a title shot. This would be revenge for their differences earlier in the year.

Maybe then have Orton jump ship and go to SD, Teddy Long is all about equal opportunity, so he gives Orton a title shot at No Way Out. Orton wins, and goes on to face someone like Angle at Mania, Orton wins and retains the title at Mania.

In the meantime Batista is doing his program with HHH and ultimately he gets the title at Mania. Batista dominates RAW as a strong babyface champ (which is sorely needed).

Back on SD, Orton is all happy that he's the champ, but its revealed that Orton through some loop hole is still working for Bischoff, and they have been in cohoots to get the SD title on young Randall. Bischoff now has power over the SD championship through Orton, and this might actually build up the RAW vs SD end of things.

Orotn would be back to a heel (which is where he belongs) and they could spend the year building up to Cena vs Orton at Mania 22.

Fox
11-30-2004, 11:31 PM
I fell in love with Batista two months ago. When I saw him spinebuster Edge, and Edge coughed up his liver and had to swallow it again, I was hooked. God I love that spinebuster.

He truly has been working really hard, not only in the ring, but on his out of the ring character as well. A couple of months ago there were online rumors that WWE officials had been admonishing Batista for his weak character, and it seemed like right after that he became the bad ass we see today.

I also fear that they'll screw up Batista's face turn. All they need to do is have him squash people like they're nothing, and he'll be legit. None of this hoity-toity emotional bullshit. Let him spinebuster people on a regular basis and he's set.

However, I don't want to see Triple H vs. Batista in the main event, especially at WrestleMania. Shit like that was acceptable in the 80's and early 90's, but we're in a day and age of athleticism in pro wrestling. We aren't satisfied with a"Hogan slamming Andre" type of main event. Last year's was perfect. This year it needs to be something with Benoit, Jericho, Orton, Edge, and/or Triple H.

On a related note, why is RAW getting the WrestleMania main event again this year? I thought it traded off? At XIX it was Lesnar vs. Angle (SD) and last year it was Triple H vs. Benoit vs. Michaels (RAW), so it should be Smackdown's turn again.

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Raw is the FAR superior show right now. Smackdown is a fucking joke

nWo 4 Life
12-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh it's true, it's damn true!

Anywho, Batista vs HHH IMO would be a HUGE money maker for WWE. Just like Y2J vs HBK at WMXIX got a helluva lot of reaction, this could be the BIG DRAW of the night!

Seriously, what else could they do? Angle vs Eddie for the 2745483454th time? Orton vs HHH? (WAY too predictable) Foley vs HHH because HHH made Foley retire 5 years ago? (It will be 5 years come WM21).

No, Batista HHH is the way to go. If they keep going at this pace, I will Mark The F Out! (There should be a T-Shirt with that on. Could someone please photoshop job a "Get The F Out" shirt to say that?)

Oh, and I think BDC suggested it (not quite sure) but Moppy vs HHH? :wtf: *SWEET! J/K *

tucsonspeed6
12-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Next year's WM main event needs to revolve around this Benoit/ Edge feud. If not between the two, there should be some involvement of the two in there somewhere. I find this storyline to be just as interesting as HHH/Batista.

(BTW, for all of you who mark out to the Batista/HHH storyline then turn around and say that HHH is the main problem with the WWE right now... :roll: )

Long ago, when Team christian was big, I thought they should take over as the dominating force on Raw after Evolution broke up, but now seeing Benoit and Edge who have such similar characters, if there were some way to join the two of them into an alliance, I'd much prefer to see a second "two man power trip" with the two of them. Each one making sure that the other doesn't get screwed over (Like they both did at Taboo Tuesday...)

As for Batista, he's interesting. He's build like a brick shithouse, and his mic skills are almost at par with an upper-midcarder's (joining him with Flair would easily make up for this) so a main event push would be a good thing, but I'm gonna bet you'll all turn on him the minute he turns face. So go to hell all of you, I still like Orton.