PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair V. Ricky Steamboat

Mr. JL
11-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh my God! You have not seen wrestling until you have watched these two wrestle one another. I just went out and bought the Ultimate Ric Flair DVD for $50 bucks. I have only watched Steamboat V. Flair 2 out of 3 Falls and it has already paid for itself in quality. I'll put my vote for these two having the greatest matches of all time against anything I have ever seen.

Personally, I have never seen Ric Flair back in his 'heyday' until now. The man can wrestle and adds the right amount of entertainment to his wrestling matches. Greatest combination.

I have only really seen Flair's latest work, which has mostly been more the 'entertainer' part of Flair than the wrestler for obvious reasons. But man he could wrestle. Him and Steamboat just put on the best match I believe I have ever seen.

Whatever Bret Hart has said about Flair being nothing more than a turnbuckle flipper, face flopper who gets lost in the ring.... I simply cannot agree with.

Steamboat should get his props too because he was awesome.

Just amazing. Every fan of wrestling needs to see a flair V. Steamboat match before they can call themselves a WRESTLING fan.

Funky Fly
11-30-2004, 02:00 PM
LOL $50?

You got ripped off.

I got mine for $30

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 02:10 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

common someone had to say it ;)

Nacho Man
11-30-2004, 02:39 PM
You've seen a couple of Flair matches? wow.... how does that make you know wnough about his career to diagree with Bret? Watch the other matches on the DVD, even the BEST matches Flair ever had include all the same old moves. Flair flop, thrown off turnbuckle, woo, beg off, chop chop chop (repeat until buy rates plummet)

Mr. JL
11-30-2004, 04:52 PM
You've seen a couple of Flair matches? wow.... how does that make you know wnough about his career to diagree with Bret? Watch the other matches on the DVD, even the BEST matches Flair ever had include all the same old moves. Flair flop, thrown off turnbuckle, woo, beg off, chop chop chop (repeat until buy rates plummet)
You can say that of every wrestler.

MVP
11-30-2004, 05:52 PM
The Flair/Steamboat series of matches are some of the best I've ever seen. I got their match from Music City Showdown on VHS, great stuff. :y:

Fignuts
11-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Every wrestler has certain spots that they're known for. Flair's point was that bret did the same ones, in the same order, at the end of every match.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2004, 02:10 AM

Except Ric Flair can be attributed to the climb of ratings, not the plummet of them. And Hart said Ric Flair's best match has nothing against his worst. Flair/Steamboat proves that statement a lie right there.