PDA

View Full Version : What happened after fully loaded 99?

Londoner
11-30-2004, 09:16 PM
I know this is a while back, but on my fully laoded tape from 99, it has Austin v taker as the main event and Vince is a heel and if Austin wins then he leaves. Well Austin wins and Vince leaves but then i see on my No Mercy 99 tape, all of a sudden he's back within a few months and is a face. Can anybody tell me what happened during that time? I'm bloody confused as i never became a fan until 2000.

RemyRed
11-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Same question answered on the Q&A Forum (link coming)

Londoner
11-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Shit, should've asked there really, forgot about that forum.

Savio
11-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Austin said He'll let him come back if he gets a title shot.

MVP
11-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah what Savior said.

Vince returned on a Smackdown before Unforgiven pissed off at HHH cause he attack Linda. Vince challenged HHH for the WWE Title and won. The next week on RAW Vince relinquished the title cause he wasn't allowed to do business with WWE, but Austin who was acting CEO at the time, reinstated Vince and vacated the WWE Title which is why there was a 6 man title match at Unforgiven.

RemyRed
11-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Was that the one where the referees were on strike?

Londoner
11-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah what Savior said.

Vince returned on a Smackdown before Unforgiven pissed off at HHH cause he attack Linda. Vince challenged HHH for the WWE Title and won. The next week on RAW Vince relinquished the title cause he wasn't allowed to do business with WWE, but Austin who was acting CEO at the time, reinstated Vince and vacated the WWE Title which is why there was a 6 man title match at Unforgiven.

I see, but doesnt that kinda shit on the fans who ordered the fully loaded ppv? Cos they build up all that hype for Vince leaving and then he comes back straight away.

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 09:40 PM
well most fans figured that Vince would come back sooner than later

.44 Magdalene
11-30-2004, 09:40 PM
I see, but doesnt that kinda shit on the fans...

Now see, here's the hilarious part about WWE booking... :shifty:

Boondock Saint
11-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah what Savior said.

Actually, I don't think Austin was CEO during this time (he had been but lost that position in a ladder match to Vince and Shane at KOTR 99). I seem to recall them saying that the contract Vince and Austin signed, had a clause that only Austin could reinstate Vince if he chose to ( :roll: ). Not a big deal, essentially the same circumstance.

Man, when Vince won the title I was jumping up and down. One of my favorite moments. He will always be my favorite character.

Corkscrewed
12-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Oh, so THAT was the circumstances surrounding Vince's title win.

That was right when I started watching wrestling regularly again (because it was back on network TV via SmackDOWN!).

Incidentally, Vince winning the title is one of only two times the WWE Championship has changed hands on SmackDOWN! The other time was Brock vs Angle in the Iron Man match.

Yashamaga
12-01-2004, 06:51 AM
AHHHH-NOLD punched HHH that night

haha

Pepsi Man
12-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Actually, I don't think Austin was CEO during this time (he had been but lost that position in a ladder match to Vince and Shane at KOTR 99). I seem to recall them saying that the contract Vince and Austin signed, had a clause that only Austin could reinstate Vince if he chose to ( :roll: ). Not a big deal, essentially the same circumstance.

Man, when Vince won the title I was jumping up and down. One of my favorite moments. He will always be my favorite character.
You're right about it being a contractual clause.

The Mackem
12-01-2004, 09:21 AM
The ref strike = ratings

I-Hate-You
12-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Yeah what Savior said.

Close.

Vince returned on RAW.

Austin had been arrested. Later they cut to a limo and police car showing up in the back. Triple H was out yelling at Linda for some reason, I can't remember. No Chance In Hell played and Vince walked out. Got in Triple H's face, said something, and then Austin ran out and beat up Triple H to end the show. Then all of that stuff happened on Smackdown! and then Vince came out and didn't know what to do now he was champion. Austin came out and told him he should make a Six-Pack match, and Vince said he couldn't because he was fired. Austin said something about how only he could re-instate Vince so he did.

Savio
12-01-2004, 10:06 AM
I see, but doesnt that kinda shit on the fans who ordered the fully loaded ppv? Cos they build up all that hype for Vince leaving and then he comes back straight away.I was awhile before he came back.

nWo 4 Life
12-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah, from FL 99 in August through to late October. In terms of wrestling that is quite a while.

The striking referees crossing the picket line to beat up another referee who crossed when he shouldn't have was pure gold.

In case anyone was wondering, the Six-Pack challenge did NOT feature Waltman :shifty:

No, it was Mankind vs Kane vs Big Show vs Bulldog vs The Rock vs Triple H (Undertaker was going to be in it, but the SmackDown! before Unforgiven he walked out so Bulldog was thrown in). Oh, and Austin was the Enforcer.

Then at No Mercy, Austin FINALLY got his title shot against Triple H. Never saw the match, but from what I can remember at the time, Chyna interfered constantly to help Triple H.

But that match is overshadowed by Edge & Christian vs The Hardy Boyz in a ladder match for Terri Runnells and $100,000. Great match.

Dave Youell
12-01-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry the correct answer was:

Monday Night Raw

Synergy
12-01-2004, 07:11 PM
The Austin v HHH match was made an NO DQ match by Vince.

The Rock beat Bulldog in an No.1 contenders match and verbally challenged the winner of the main event. However as he was heading to the back HHH attacked him with the sledgehammer.

Later on in the main event Rocky came out with the Sledgehammer and tried to hit HHH but missed an accidently hit Austin. HHH then Pedigreed the Rock and pinned the out cold Austin.

Chyna was not involved if I recall, she had beat Jarrett for the IC title earlier in the night...

Rain Man
12-01-2004, 07:13 PM
That was a good PPV the Blackman and Shamrock match was pretty beat but the Bossman and Al Snow Hardcore title match (i think) was good and then the rist blood and strap match were good.

MVP
12-01-2004, 07:36 PM
OK I'm sorry I said Vince returned on Smackdown instead of RAW. :rant:

It was 5 years ago when it happened I'm not gonna remember every single little detail.

nWo 4 Life
12-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Well you should :shifty:

Nah, it's ok. I'm just messin wit ya. Easy mistake to make as he won the title on SmackDown!, so one would assume that was when he returned.

Ricky
12-02-2004, 12:57 PM
This is a quality thread, reminds me of how good wrestling used to be.

Pepsi Man
12-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Close.

Vince returned on RAW.

Austin had been arrested. Later they cut to a limo and police car showing up in the back. Triple H was out yelling at Linda for some reason, I can't remember. No Chance In Hell played and Vince walked out. Got in Triple H's face, said something, and then Austin ran out and beat up Triple H to end the show. Then all of that stuff happened on Smackdown! and then Vince came out and didn't know what to do now he was champion. Austin came out and told him he should make a Six-Pack match, and Vince said he couldn't because he was fired. Austin said something about how only he could re-instate Vince so he did.
ACTUALLY, Austin didn't tell Vince to make the six pack challenge. The only thing Austin did before reinstating McMahon was to get McMahon to agree to the condition that if reinstated, McMahon would give Austin a title shot.

McMahon agreed, but then told Austin that he would NOT get that shot at the Unforgiven Pay-Per-View, nor would he get one on Raw or SmackDown! McMahon then confirmed that Austin would indeed get a title shot, but not until Unforgiven when the champion was determined via the six-pack challenge.