PDA

View Full Version : Official monday night RAW Jan. 5th 2004 Forum

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 06:04 PM
wwe.com and pws.com
TONIGHT ON RAW
Tonight, World Wrestling Entertainment's RAW crew heads to the The Pyramid in Memphis, TN to present RAW!

Last week on RAW, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin returned to the WWE on his terms. As RAW ended, Austin gave Eric Bischoff a stunner and said that there was a 'new sheriff in town'. What did he mean by that? We'll find out tonight!

Plus, Trish Stratus claimed Chris Jericho broke her heart last week on RAW. Does Jericho really care for Trish? Or was it just a big bet all along? We'll get more details tonight.

Plus, we have been told Jerry Lawler will likely wrestle LIVE tonight in his hometown of Memphis.

It's live, It's RAW, and it's tonight on Spike TV - 9EST/8CST!

HeartBreakMan2k
01-05-2004, 06:19 PM
I really am looking foward to the development of the Trish & Jericho angle, and to see how they continue to set up HBK and HHH.

Disturbed316
01-05-2004, 06:21 PM
I haven't watched Raw for about a month

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 06:54 PM
I really am looking foward to the development of the Trish & Jericho angle, and to see how they continue to set up HBK and HHH.
do you actually think hbk has a chance?

Head
01-05-2004, 06:56 PM
This is a THREAD that you made, not a FORUM. And if you are going to make the officical thread, you should at least use proper capitalization.

Head
01-05-2004, 06:58 PM
I personally think it would be awesome if Jericho finally convinces Trish to forgive him, they are togther for a couple of weeks, than when Trish finally sleeps with him, he ditches her because he was still only after winning the bet. Would make for a cool swerve.

MVP
01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
do you actually think hbk has a chance?Yes because there's that slight possibility that HBK could win against HHH at the Royal Rumble, and Chris Jericho could feud with him and win the title from HBK at WM. That is seeing if Jericho turns face or stays heel.

JeremyTB29
01-05-2004, 07:31 PM
HBK is part of the writing team now which is enough to give him some chance of beating HHH.That and HBK is 1 of the few guys HHH doesn't mind jobbing to.

HeartBreakMan2k
01-05-2004, 07:35 PM
do you actually think hbk has a chance?

A very very very slight chance. Granted it's not much at all, but HHH is going to film a movie, so it's possible. Plus HBK is the man, I don't really care if he wins, he's just one of those people who will make Triple H step up in the ring (as we saw Monday).

loopydate
01-05-2004, 07:42 PM
I am so not watching tonight. The fact that the entire first paragraph of the description was about Stone Cold, I think it's safe to assume that he'll spend a pretty good portion of the night ruining people's heat by stunning them.

As much as I want to know what happens with HHH/HBK and Jericho/Trish, I'll read the results tomorrow.

HeartBreakMan2k
01-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I am so not watching tonight. The fact that the entire first paragraph of the description was about Stone Cold, I think it's safe to assume that he'll spend a pretty good portion of the night ruining people's heat by stunning them.

As much as I want to know what happens with HHH/HBK and Jericho/Trish, I'll read the results tomorrow.

Yeah... I'm not at all thrilled about Austin's return. :( I respect the guy for what he has done, but there is no sense in a man who's not an active worker, taking up more time than half the roster combined, and being put over people who need to be over.

Fryza
01-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Are there (currently) any confirmed matches for RAW or HeAt at the moment, or is it still in the air?

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 08:56 PM
hbk vs hhh

Fryza
01-05-2004, 08:57 PM
hbk vs hhh

Well, looks like I'll be going to bed early tonight...

HeartBreakMan2k
01-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, looks like I'll be going to bed early tonight...

Didn't you see there match last week? It was great.

Loose Cannon
01-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Yesssssssssssssssss LONG IS GM....Believe That

Fryza
01-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Didn't you see there match last week? It was great.

No doubt, but I know that this one probably won't live up to the same standard, I already basically know the outcome, and it'll involve Evolution, Austin, and/or Bischoff anyway, just to lead to RR.

Also, I'm not to big on either workers really, so I kinda just see this more as a hype match.

Just my opinion though...

MVP
01-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Didn't you see there match last week? It was great.If the match-up gets stale then their possible match at Royal Rumble will be lackluster for a PPV.

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 09:12 PM
king and long

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 09:13 PM
nope king and orton

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Hurricane kicks ass!!!

Fox
01-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Yes because there's that slight possibility that HBK could win against HHH at the Royal Rumble, and Chris Jericho could feud with him and win the title from HBK at WM. That is seeing if Jericho turns face or stays heel.

I never even thought of that. That would be perfect for Jericho to sleep with Trish then laugh because it was a bet all along, and then win the Rumble and face HBK at Mania.

Of course, it probably won't happen, and now I've got hopeful wishes for a scenario that won't take place... damn you, MVP!

Fox
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Yesssssssssssssssss LONG IS GM....Believe That

Are you serious?!?!?!

:eek:

DXJerky-Version 2.5
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Yes because there's that slight possibility that HBK could win against HHH at the Royal Rumble, and Chris Jericho could feud with him and win the title from HBK at WM. That is seeing if Jericho turns face or stays heel.

I think a HBK (Face) vs Jericho (Face) at WM would be great, with Jericho winning, ending a feud, and perhaps passing the torch. (HBK+Y2J@WMXX=Good Show)

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 09:47 PM
why did JR cll a reverse neck breaker the un prettier? Christian didnt switch his finisher did he?

MVP
01-05-2004, 09:50 PM
I think a HBK (Face) vs Jericho (Face) at WM would be great, with Jericho winning, ending a feud, and perhaps passing the torch. (HBK+Y2J@WMXX=Good Show)One of'em would have to be heel or it wouldn't draw as well.

Fox
01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
why did JR cll a reverse neck breaker the un prettier? Christian didnt switch his finisher did he?

JR is what we like to call an idiot.

Loose Cannon
01-05-2004, 10:05 PM
HHH IS A stand up comedian now :lol:

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 10:08 PM
I wasnt certain this match was suppose to be tonight sounds like its being bumped to the rumble.

Deceit
01-05-2004, 10:17 PM
whats this about long being a gm?

Fryza
01-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Rhj, renhj,mtreh WHAT?! TRISH vs. Molly now?!

**** YOU WWE :mad: :( :cry:

FlashyT01
01-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Jazz is back. Thank god. Now she can start kickin' A**
The B*tch is Back!!!!

road doggy dogg
01-05-2004, 10:25 PM
K I get Raw late due to TSN showing hockey...

ROFL @ Coach making fun of OU

Deceit
01-05-2004, 10:29 PM
henry and rvd... poor rvd

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 10:33 PM
wtf...hahahahahahah austin

Loose Cannon
01-05-2004, 10:33 PM
What in the blue hell is going on. Austin really has lost it

PoisonIvy
01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Jazz is back. Thank god. Now she can start kickin' A**
The B*tch is Back!!!!

:eek: What? She is? :love: Details!

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I thought RVD was a pot head not a drunk lol

Nowhere Man
01-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Ummm...someone mind telling the good folks who don't have a TV what's happening?

The Icon of Elisim
01-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Austin chasing Teddy Long around the ring in an ATV, uhhh okay

LOL @ Coach falling over to Kane's pyro

wrestling_god
01-05-2004, 10:49 PM
eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww puke poor jericho hes scarred for life old beagles

FlashyT01
01-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Did anyone thought it was funny when Brooker T called Kane Uncle Fester?! I thought it was funny. I love Brooker T. I wish he can win the title. Or RVD or Y2J.

TazroK
01-06-2004, 12:12 AM
None of those people NEED the titles. Title wouldn't do anything for RVD. He doesn't need it to entertain. Booker has had it 5 times, and Jericho has been undisputed champion.

It's not the title that makes anyone anymore. They need to be big, or be entertaining on the mic.

Titles are crap. They are just a filler.

Jason_Hawk
01-06-2004, 12:53 AM
there were some good points to raw but a lot of it was really boring. and somebody please slap the writers for having teddy long the gm for the night. austin chasing him with the 4 wheeler (even though he cant drive it) was pretty funny

Corkscrewed
01-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Okay, even I'm starting to think that the whole Austin authority figure is getting old, and it's not even totally his fault. The whole conflicting authories in general is getting stale. Some would argue that it's been rotting for months. Point is, give us something fresh!

Even at least on SmackDOWN!, Heyman doesn't dominate the show.

M-A-G
01-06-2004, 02:21 AM
None of those people NEED the titles. Title wouldn't do anything for RVD. He doesn't need it to entertain. Booker has had it 5 times, and Jericho has been undisputed champion.

It's not the title that makes anyone anymore. They need to be big, or be entertaining on the mic.

Titles are crap. They are just a filler.
None of those three have won Triple H's Fake World Title, the one being held by Triple H, of ALL the people who don't need it. If you want to use the argument of guys who've already held world titles, I fail to see how HBK and HHH are free from ridicule and scrutiny. I'd say using your line of thinking those two don't NEED the title either.

Kenny
01-06-2004, 03:45 AM
I enjoyed Raw tonight. It wasn't the best show but it sure wasn't the worst. Once again I like the direction the WWE is headed towards. Last week I had a feeling they made a U-Turn and I personally hope this time they don't lose their direction. Why? I'll tell you why.

Rob Van Dam: Last week he beat Steiner clean, this week he had a good come back victory against Mark Henry... clean.

Kane: Intensity! The way Kane has been is just begging for Taker to come in. Although I think he should be slightly more dominating similar to the way he was for the Taker / Kane WMXIV build up. But I'm happy.

Jericho: I don't see Jericho getting over as a face being Mr. Romance. However they're involving him in the story in a funny way which I think will help. Jericho needs to be the sarcastic smart ass he was in 2000 / 2001 if he wants to get over.

Victoria: I see a definate face turn and possibly a run with the womens title. Trish, Lita, and Victoria all on the same page. Awesome.

HBK: Okay, the guys had his time. Well obviously that time is not over yet and the crowd reaction prooves it. The guy still brings a lot of energy to the ring and I love seeing a guy like him who represents believing in yourself and in God in a main event position. That's what kind of people deserve it.

PoisonIvy
01-06-2004, 03:50 AM
None of those three have won Triple H's Fake World Title, the one being held by Triple H, of ALL the people who don't need it. If you want to use the argument of guys who've already held world titles, I fail to see how HBK and HHH are free from ridicule and scrutiny. I'd say using your line of thinking those two don't NEED the title either.
I think I love you. :)

TazroK
01-06-2004, 05:11 AM
@ M A G,

HHH is a the 1 of the biggest heels of all time. Baby faces are not entertaining and get old fast.

HHH is the only 1 on RAW who can carry it. He has personality, mic skills, and in ring skills.

Imagine if Booker had it? Boring.....Yay a Spinner-Rooni, Suckaaah!!.

Cactus Sid
01-06-2004, 05:35 AM
@ M A G,

HHH is a the 1 of the biggest heels of all time. Baby faces are not entertaining and get old fast.

HHH is the only 1 on RAW who can carry it. He has personality, mic skills, and in ring skills.

Imagine if Booker had it? Boring.....Yay a Spinner-Rooni, Suckaaah!!.

Your point is completely invalid after you state that Triple H is one of the biggest heels of all time.

You seem to forget that some of the best characters in wrestling have been faces for a LONG time. Austin, Rock, Hogan were all faces for the best parts of their careers, Austin didn't get stale as a face, Rock got stale after 3 years as a face and Hogan, well, Hogan was on top for 10 years as a face.

If faces are not entertaining, wrestling wouldn't exist, its as simple as that, they only get old by bad booking and by the character not evolving with changing situations. People can remain faces for a long time, if booked correctly.

As for Triple H being the only person who can carry Raw, that's laughable. He is the man responsible for bringing the ratings down on Raw, PPV's and just the whole general Promotion. Hell, if anyone is stale its him. He's been doing the same crap for 5 years, give or take a few dreadful face runs, and the crowd don't care about him anymore, if anyone needs a character refreshment its him. His personality on-screen matches his politics off it, his mic skills are appaling in comparison to some of the guys, INCLUDING Booker T, Triple H has not cut a mesmerising promo in a long, long time, and as for his in-ring skills.... better than they were a year ago, but the guy thinks he can carry poor talent through long matches, and he can't. He can still go.... if he's given someone who can do the carrying for him. The problem on Raw is that the audience have now been programmed to see Triple H as the MVP, despite the fact he makes for boring TV. Give someone else the ball, and we'll see if he's justified, its just the very fact right now that no-one else has been given the ball, and oh yeah.... TV was BETTER with Goldberg as champ, TV was BETTER without Triple H getting loads of TV time, and RATINGS were BETTER with Goldberg as champion.

c4g2
01-06-2004, 05:54 AM
Austin chasing Teddy Long with a 4-wheeler was hilarious...

Stone Cold is the man.

loopydate
01-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Sounds like I picked a good week to not watch.

Austin in an ATV?
Mark Henry as one of the top two contenders for the IC belt?
The Dudleyz in the main event?
JR continuing to mis-call moves?

The only things I regret missing are Teddy Long as GM and Coach falling down.

Innovator
01-06-2004, 01:58 PM
anybody else getting really tired of the Final Fantasy commercial?

Azriel
01-06-2004, 02:10 PM
so, Last Man Standing match at RR. That should be awesomeness.

AareDub
01-06-2004, 02:21 PM
anybody else getting really tired of the Final Fantasy commercial?

See last weeks Raw thread lol. There was a big discussion on how they showed it during every single commercial break.

JR: "We have to briefly interrupt this great main event to bring you another Final Fantasy commercial"

Fryza
01-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Highlights for me:
Teddy Long :love:
Victoria and Richards might be getting pushed towards faces
Jazz
Trish not winning the title
Coach's fall

The cons:
Austin
Austin speaking
Austin bringing an ATV
Austin chasing Teddy Long with it
Austin STILL drinking on the job
Mark Henry
JR
JR speaking
Giving Trish the title shot
Hunter with air-time
Austin with air-time
Mark Henry with air-time
Mae Young with air-time

:-\

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Dammit I missed Coach falling and I watched all of Raw too. What happened exactly, was it intentional or did he really fall.

Innovator
01-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Kane's pyro went off while he was talking and he fell back in his chair

Kane Knight
01-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Wow. Last night was bad.

Just...Bad.

Normally I offer some sort of criticism, but I don't think I can even be arsed to do that today. Teddy as GM could have been great, but really wasn't all that good.

Head
01-07-2004, 12:32 AM
LOL I was just waiting for Austin to **** up on the ATV last night and make it flip over.

Kane Knight
01-07-2004, 12:51 AM
LOL I was just waiting for Austin to **** up on the ATV last night and make it flip over.

It'd be kinda funny (in the ironic sense) if that's how he went out of the WWE.

Fox
01-07-2004, 12:52 AM
I dunno about last night's RAW. There was some good, but mostly bad.

-Austin in the ATV was "ok," but I only really laughed when he crashed it into the side of the ring. It didn't make any sense for Teddy Long to run around the ring when he could've easily gotten into it and been safe.

-RVD going over is always a good thing. Maybe he'll even win the IC title next week, but probably not, since the new bookers (HBK and HHH) are quite high on a golden Evolution.

-Michaels/HHH Last Man Standing could be good.

-Jericho really needs to take some acting lessons. He's great as a smartass, but his sentimental side is crap. What was with him caressing the wall while he talked to "Trish" in the shower? I thought that was cheesy as all hell.

-Dudleyz vs. Flair & Batista in the main event = bad booking.

TazroK
01-07-2004, 04:07 AM
@ Cactus,

Baby faces back then were all popular and could carry the title well. But nowadays, there is no baby face right now that hold that title and keep people watching. Austin doesn't wrestle, Hogan is gone, and The Rock only comes back once or twice a year.
The only person I can think of is Goldberg. But they need to keep the title on him for LONG periods of the time.

Cactus Sid
01-07-2004, 06:21 AM
@ Cactus,

Baby faces back then were all popular and could carry the title well. But nowadays, there is no baby face right now that hold that title and keep people watching. Austin doesn't wrestle, Hogan is gone, and The Rock only comes back once or twice a year.
The only person I can think of is Goldberg. But they need to keep the title on him for LONG periods of the time.

It would be possible, if someone was built up correctly in the next 2 or 3 months. This is the problem the WWE has, Triple H buried all of the talent that could have got over as champion, and now they have to rebuild, but of course, they can't do this, because Triple H is still champion. Faces work when you build up their fight to become champion as a big thing, and can work as champion by having them in interesting fueds with heels, and trying to evolve the character as it went along as champion. Then it could work. In all honesty if Van Dam or Booker T, or even Jericho, were pushed right, they could all easily be champion. POPULAR champions.

TazroK
01-07-2004, 07:40 AM
HHH didn't bury anyone. It's the writers and lack of creativity to create a legit baby face.

So It's easier to give the title to a heel.

WWE needs to put the title on Goldberg for a year. Hes the 1 face who doesn't need mic skills. Wich others have depended on mic time. Hes different from the others.

M-A-G
01-07-2004, 07:53 AM
HHH didn't bury anyone. It's the writers and lack of creativity to create a legit baby face.

So It's easier to give the title to a heel.

WWE needs to put the title on Goldberg for a year. Hes the 1 face who doesn't need mic skills. Wich others have depended on mic time. Hes different from the others.

So all the effort being made into creating Shawn Michaels as the top foil to HHH right now can't be or hasn't been applied to any of the other faces? Give me a break. I must've been imagining the crowd reaction and support of RVD, Kane, and Booker T when they were challenging for HHH's title. Now suddenly, all three of them are in dead end mid-card feuds and HHH's buddy gets to headline another PPV with him for the title. And what about the legit babyfaces being made on SmackDown!? You're telling me that the writers are lazy there, too?

Savio
01-07-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't care who has the title as long as triple H drops it hell give it to spike. As for the rumble the winner will either be chris benoit(doubtfully) chris jecicho, booker T (maybe) Cena or Eddie.

Kane will fight Undertaker at WM
Big show will probably fight brock at NWO (no way out)