PDA

View Full Version : In the last two days I've been to the cinema twice...

Disturbed316
01-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Ok thats nothing special, I'm not The Mask, whose goes a billion times a week :o

Anyway I saw Love Actually on saturday and Cold Mountain yesterday.

I thought Love Actually was gonna be crap, that it wouldn't appeal to me...oh wrong was I. It's a comedy that tells ten separate stories of love in London, leading up to a big climax on Christmas Eve. I really enjoyed this film, was laughing alot and thought it was a great film. Diffinately worth seeing a number of times. Its a pretty long film, but you dont notice it at all. I found it makes you think about your own love life. Go see it.

I decided to see Cold Mountain after I've worked all weekend, a total of 15 hours, so I was pretty knackard. The film was 2hrs 41 minutes so I was hoping I wasn't gonna fall asleep. In the waning days of the American Civil War, a wounded soldier embarks on a perilous journey back home to Cold Mountain, North Carolina to reunite with his sweetheart. It's based on the novel by Charles Frazier. I found it a little slow to get started, but found myself being drawn into the story as it progressed. I ended up enjoying it and it will be one of the film which will do well at the big award ceremonies. Again, go see it.

So far, a good cinematic start to 2004 :y:

loopydate
01-05-2004, 07:44 PM
I loved "Love Actually." Not usually a big fan of the "chick flick" genre, though there are a few quite good ones, but this one was excellent. Just about any one of those stories (particularly the Emma Thompson/Alan Rickman and Hugh Grant/Martine McCutcheon stories) could have made a feature film on their own.

Haven't seen "Cold Mountain" yet, but I fully intend to. I love Nicole Kidman, and Renee Zellweger is starting to improve her standing in my mind after "Chicago" and "Down With Love." Jude Law is a fantastic actor, so there's really no reason for me not to go see it.

I can't wait until "Big Fish" comes out on Friday.

Oh, and "Torque." *Tries unsuccessfully to stifle laughter*

El Capitano Gatisto
01-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellweger in the same film means it is shit.

The Miz
01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellweger in the same film means it is shit.
not to mention natalie portman :cry:

El Capitano Gatisto
01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I'd love to fu</>ck her.

The Miz
01-05-2004, 09:12 PM
i'd love to fu</>ck all 3 women.

too bad they all suck at acting.

The Mask
01-06-2004, 01:23 AM
pity they can't act at sucking, eh? eh?

:naughty: