PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike steam Cd key?

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Does anyone no where I can get one?

Buzzkill
12-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Just fucking buy it

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Why would I want to do something crazy like that?

Jonster
12-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Because piracy is wrong, and by doing it you're destroying my future, and the future of everyone else who wants a job in the games industry.
And also the jobs of people currently in the industry.
It's because of people like you that I cry at night (Note: not true).

KleptoKlown
12-03-2004, 03:43 AM
6gt8s-9vjnk-7gyav-3bnuj-7h45n

Jonster
12-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Because piracy is wrong, and by doing it you're destroying my future, and the future of everyone else who wants a job in the games industry.
Note: Not entirely serious.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-03-2004, 11:41 PM
One part of the reason I do it is because I don't have alot of cash.2 I dont want to buy a 40 dollar game and not like it and waste my money and if I "steal" the game then if if is decent or worth internet play then I will buy it if not then it wasnt worth it anyway

Hired Hitman
12-03-2004, 11:59 PM
I agree GxBxG

Arashi Kage
12-04-2004, 01:10 AM

It's true, anyone using the internet as a tool for stealing music, movies, or games is screwing over any of us who want jobs in the new media industry, and you're kicking those who work hard to make a quality game right in the face and saying, thanks for the game, enjoy losing your job due to bankruptcy.

Man, paying $50bucks for games these days is more than fair. Look at the high production values of modern games, all the work that goes into developing a quality game with great story, gameplay, sound, and visuals. We once paid $100 for 8-bit games that were reletively simple and a couple guys could create. There's no excuse to steal something like music, movies, or games. You don't need digital media to survive, it's not the same as stealing food for your family.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-04-2004, 09:13 PM
OK I will spend $50 and time a game looks halfway decent and turns out sucking cause You cant rent computer games. Or but a cd from a band that looks good with out hearing any of their songs and find out I wasted what littel cash I have. first stealing 10000000000 songs from the internet is wrong but I dont I only "steal" them to see if the band is any good or if they only have like one good song on the whole cd. Are you telling me That you never burn cd's or download music I realy doubt it.

Buzzkill
12-04-2004, 09:45 PM
You are the stupidest person I have ever encountered. Ever.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Well thank you

LoDownM
12-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I never download games and burn them to CD. NEVER!

*hides cd case full of downloaded, and illegal copied games*

Dellaspro
12-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Hilarious, really.

You are mocking your own thefts.

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 06:52 PM
It's true, anyone using the internet as a tool for stealing music, movies, or games is screwing over any of us who want jobs in the new media industry, and you're kicking those who work hard to make a quality game right in the face and saying, thanks for the game, enjoy losing your job due to bankruptcy.
While I'm not in any way CONDONING what this guy is doing...

get fucking real.

the people screwing you over are largely the corporate bastards who run the show.

That's not that people should download stuff, or it's not a slap in the face, or even that I sympathise with his sob story about not having money to afford luxury items.

What it is to say is "be realistic."

asphyXy
12-06-2004, 01:59 AM
I don't pay for software because I don't have to. Adobe Photoshop either is $700 dollars in stores, or zero dollars if I download it. Obviously there aren't any $700 computer games, but it's the same idea.

I am a criminal.

KleptoKlown
12-06-2004, 03:13 AM
A criminal with a few extra bucks in your pocket.

Make the games cheaper, and have good online play, and people will buy the games.

Include a free t-shirt, or whatever promotion. These companies need to realize it isnt hard to learn how to download this stuff, so they have to find way to give the consumer incentivies to buy the game rather than download it.

Jonster
12-06-2004, 04:37 AM
Wait, so your saying that people who buy games don't actually want to play them, they'd rather have the gift?
I'd say a good game is incentive enough.

How many music cd's do you see where you get a free t-shirt with when you buy it? I haven't seen any.

What next? To cut down on shoplifting, supermarkets are now offering a sweatshirt for anyone who buys at least 2 items.

Ogen
12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
GARAGEXBANDXGEEK

Jonster
12-06-2004, 01:43 PM
OGEN

KleptoKlown
12-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Wait, so your saying that people who buy games don't actually want to play them, they'd rather have the gift?
I'd say a good game is incentive enough.

How many music cd's do you see where you get a free t-shirt with when you buy it? I haven't seen any.

What next? To cut down on shoplifting, supermarkets are now offering a sweatshirt for anyone who buys at least 2 items.

No, im not saying people dont want to play the game, im saying they dont want to pay for something they can easily get for free. Hence an incentive to buy the game, rather than download it.

A good game may be incentive for you, but you dont make up the majority of gammers. Especially in the PC market.

As for the CDs, lots now come with extra stuff, look at Metallica's St Anger last year, it included a DVD, as well as a passcode to download some live stuff. Yes that stuff could be found online, but the fact that they bundled it together may have been enough to get people to buy.

Jonster
12-06-2004, 02:00 PM
I'd imagine a lot of gamers would be buying it for the game though.

I mean they've tried to give extras with cd's but are still complaining about losing a lot of money from piracy in music despite that (also despite reports here saying that the most number of albums sold in a year have gone up to a record amount - go figure).

To be fair, no one could download a game, album or whatever, and everyone buy it, but because it's there for download, they'll still compain.

Also regards St Anger, I know a lot of people who downloaded it who wanted the dvd, but it still wasn't incentive enough.

Personally I can't see piracy stopping, even with incentives being offered.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I can never see it being stoped completly but I don't think I am the problem people "testing" game It is not like I never buy any games and I only stealing them and incentives are good like dvd's I love when I get a dvd and a cd it makes me feel like I ripped them off

Funky Fly
12-07-2004, 01:57 AM
I've downloaded stuff. If I think it's quality I will buy it.

I downloaded Diablo 2. I liked it and bough it along with the expansion.

I downloaded all of Children of Bodom's albums. I liked them and bought 3 of their 5 albums (still saving up for the last 2, and yes, I am that poor).

Fact of the matter is, once I have my degree and a good job I won't need to download nearly as much. I'll probably have several thousand albums in my collection.

I download stuff to sample it. I'm tired of buying albums only to find that they are crap (Pras :mad: ). And speaking of that, indy labels have been selling albums like crazy in the last few years. Downloading is an effective way to get talented artists with no mainstream outlet to be heard.

The Snake
12-25-2004, 03:50 PM
{lepto]{lown']No, im not saying people dont want to play the game, im saying they dont want to pay for something they can easily get for free. Hence an incentive to buy the game, rather than download it.

A good game may be incentive for you, but you dont make up the majority of gammers. Especially in the PC market.

As for the CDs, lots now come with extra stuff, look at Metallica's St Anger last year, it included a DVD, as well as a passcode to download some live stuff. Yes that stuff could be found online, but the fact that they bundled it together may have been enough to get people to buy.

I think Xbox live is a good example of something like this. For instance myself and a bunch of guys at work had modded our xbox systems so we could just rip games that we rented at the video store and play them when we had time. This worked well given that we all worked 50-60 hours a week on average and didn't get much play out out of the games durring the time they rented, and was much better than putting out the 50 bucks. However as of Halo 2, I've had a chance to experience xbox live and see how it adds a whole new dimension to alot of games, including downloadable content and playing via a world wide ranking system. Given that I can't do this with a modded box and that the game continues to expand throughout its life, I'm willing to shell out the cost of the game and a new unmodded box because of the incentive to compete in a different way.