PDA

View Full Version : What If #2 Vince Mcmahon died

Joe Kerr
12-03-2004, 05:56 PM
This is a two parter..Currently and in the mid 90's.

Whom would take over..Linda? Shane? Stephanie? how would the company do after his departure? Continue succesfully or collapse.

If vince had died in the mid 90's would Stone Cold Steve Austin exist as we know him? There would be no big Vince / Austin war which in my opinon is what made Austin. Had vince passed away in the mid 90's would WCW have risen to the top and be the current dominate wrestling show? What current changes do you beleive wouldnt have happened...would Kane still be wearing a mask? Would J.R. and Lawler be ringside still? Would Eric Bishof been hired?

Lets take currently. If vince died what changes would be made if any. Would TNA be able to rise above WWE? would the shows be combined back into one roster? These questions are all part of ...What If....enjoy

If you have a idea you want to discuss in the "What If" pm me .

RemyRed
12-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Currently, I think Raw would be mostly the same with Triple H running things. SmackDown on the other hand might be much different with Stephanie McMahhon in charge. I don't think Triple H would interfere too much with SmackDown's booking so perhaps Paul E. Heymanously might be her top consultant in terms of booking and storyline writing, which would yield some good things.

Volchok
12-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Triple H would take over the company and he would unify all the titles by having a Battle Royal which he would win...

123 kid
12-03-2004, 06:19 PM
If Vince McMahon died I'd fart on his grave...Nah Vince has done a good job with the company.

I think Shane, Steph and Hunter would all co-run the fed, the WWE would go downhill for a while, then rise into a boom period again and be better than before. Although HHH would have every title available to him. But I think some banned moves would become un-banned as I think Shane, Steph and HHH are prepared to take more risks. TNA would stay #2 fed IMO. But I think a lot of wrestlers would leave after Vince dying, so I think the shows would be combined into one roster again, but only for a short period of time, as like I said, I think the company could reach an all-time high after a year or so has passed...

loopydate
12-03-2004, 07:18 PM
If Vince had died in the mid-'90s, I don't think HHH would be running the show.

A big part of the reason that HHH has so much say is because Vince has sort of "adopted" him as a second son. If Vince had died before HHH became "The Game," I don't know what the company would look like.

We might have seen a balanced InVasion angle, since Vince wouldn't be there with his "nobody from WCW is going to go over my boys" attitude. RAW could very well be Nitro right now, with Monday and Thursday being booked as completely separate programs (no "Nitro Rebound" or whatever). Guys like Booker T and Rob Van Dam may have been World Champion by now, and the cruiserweights would probably be putting on more exciting matches without Vince's big man fetish holding them back.

Wow, this is kind of fun to think about.

Xero
12-03-2004, 07:48 PM
If Vince died now, I believe Triple H, Shane, and Steph would run things, with Shane being the head of the company. I think Shane would bring Triple H down a few rungs. Keep him in the main event scene, but not the title scene.

I could see RVD, Booker T, Angle, Cena, Eddie, etc on SmackDown! as the big main eventers. On RAW I could see the main event scene being basically the same, with Benoit, Jericho, Christian, and a few others higher than they are now.

If Vince had died in the mid-late 90's, lets say before the screwjob, I think Austin wouldn't be as big, because only Vince could have pulled that feud with Austin off. Rock would be the same. The Corporation would never have existed. I don't think Shane (who I believe would have gotten the company) would have been in an on-air role. Maybe he'd be an announcer.

Fast forward a bit, I don't think the WWE would have obtained WCW. Another company would I'd say. Maybe they would go out for a while, but Bischoff would have gotten the money together to bring it back.

Fast forward to today, I think ECW would have merged with WWE. I'd imagine that ECW would still be going, under the WWE name. I believe Shane would have given Heyman the rights to ECW (because it was inevitable that ECW was going out), funded him, and let it roll with just below WWE production values. Of course, ECW would still be done in small arenas, maybe with PPVs being in bigger arenas.

My guess is that WCW would be going head to head with WWE on Mondays once again, only on the USA network. They would be trading talent back and forth like they were in the 90s. WWE would still be on top, but WCW would be giving them a run for their money if Bischoff had bought out all or most of the WCW contracts.

TNA would have started up, but would have failed within the first year with both WCW and WWE in the picture.

In WWE, there would be a full blown Cruiserweight division, that even took the main event spot on some shows, and there would be a balanced main event. Guys like Jericho, Benoit, Orton, Eddie, Angle, Lesnar (If he never left for the NFL), and Batista would be on top. (There would be no need for a brand split because they never bought out WCW.) Triple H would be in the upper-mid-card after losing the belt the first few times. The shows would be centered around the wrestling with sports entertainment thrown in for good measure.

PorkSoda
12-03-2004, 08:33 PM
I think that Linda/Shane/Steph/Kevin Dunn/HHH would probably run the show or something. I really don't know what would/will happen, but Mcmahon took the job over when Mcmahon Sr. dropped it. So my first thought off the top of my head is that Vince will leave it to Shane. I dont know what he'll do actually.

It is going to happen someday though. yeah.

El Santo
12-03-2004, 08:46 PM
If Vince had died in the mid-90's, the WWF would fail to exist as it would easily have been bought out by WCW instead of the other way around.

John la Rock
12-04-2004, 03:01 AM
^ I have to agree

Innovator
12-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Right now Steph would take over creative while Shane & Linda would take over business side.

Back in the 90s, I don't see WWE/F still being around today.

Dave Youell
12-04-2004, 05:48 AM
OK,

If your talking mid 90's as in 1995 the WWF would crumble, mainly cos WCW was kicking it's ass at the time and the company was going in no direction that would indicate that things were going to pick up.

If however your reffering to when the Monday night Raw really got starting:

It stayed that way till Russo started booking *ducks* so to be honest, depending on how the death occoured, I wouldn't be surprised if Linda Mcmahon was the new Chairman and Russo was the head overall booker, that is if Vince knew it was coming and had time to plan out who things would go. I doubt at that time he would consider using Steph or Shane mainly because they wouldn't have enough experience, it's on been since 2001 that they have both been given there new repsonsibilities.

If it was sudden however, to be honest I have no idea, I would asume Linda would take overall control and put whoever she thought was the right person to steer the ship, but no one on these boards would know who Linda wonsiders a trusted college as very little generally is know about from this time, I would guess though that maybe guys like Patterson, Brisco and Slaughter would take more senoir roles because of the history.

If this happened in the present day, I reckon the majority of the power would go to unfortunatly go to Steph, rightly or wrongly this then means that Triple H had all the power.

Joey for your next 'What If' do what would happen if ECW still struggled through and then Panda Enegery gave them the money that TNA has now

Tornado
12-04-2004, 06:45 AM
For a future "What If?", do : "What if HHH never got it together with Steph"

tucsonspeed6
12-04-2004, 09:15 AM
If Vince had died in the mid 90's... His kids were a little too young to be taking over the company, so I'd see his wife in charge of things. Obviously, she wouldn't do too many on camera bits, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't have started the "GM" thing a little early, or the "Commissioner" thing they used to have. In that case, Austin could have had a similar feud with somebody else. Whether Vince and Austin worked so well together that they were the reason for the ratings or if the storyline was so good it was responcible, I couldn't tell you but that's just my idea on that.

Also, had he died in the mid 90's, I never would have been able to buy a bunch of super-discounted XFL stuff after the league got canceled.

Had Vince died within the past year, I'd easily say HHH would be in charge now. And if he had full responcibility, there's a good chance he wouldn't declare himself champ. VInce was a really fit guy during his Austin feud, and I have no doubt in my mind that if his ego was big enough (which it was) that he couldn't simply write in that he was the champion. He could have defended it instead of overselling the stunner every time it was laid on him, and we would have been cursing his name for ruining the show. He didn't though. He wasn't constantly off and on champion, and I think there's something there that prevented him from doing that. HHH isn't stupid. I just think that rather than pulling a Jeff Jarret, he'd step aside and maybe do some managing or some other on camera stuff that kept him out of most of the wrestling scene.

.44 Magdalene
12-04-2004, 09:51 AM
If Vince had died in the mid-90's, the WWF would fail to exist as it would easily have been bought out by WCW instead of the other way around.

There's a "What If" in and of itself.

Joe Kerr
12-04-2004, 10:15 AM
the next what if will be sunday

Gone Mad
12-04-2004, 11:23 AM
If Vince died in the 90's : The WWF would have gone with him. Sure, he wasn't the writer of all but he knows what works at times and would do whatever it takes to take out the competition. WCW would have ruled and maybe even ECW would have gotten a bigger slot on TV. And because of no more WWF, there would be no TNA at all. Especially since there still would be a WCW or something else still around. Though, I still see WCW going down eventually.

If Vince died recently: Simple enough, HHH would take over everything if he hasn't already. Because of this and everyone else's horrible booking and writing, TNA would continue to get notice and it would be easier to jump ship since really, who wants to work for HHH? Still, I imagine a better cruiserweight division without Vince, because it would be worked on or written out completely and that's better than it is now. Oh, and Jericho would probably quit the business because of King HHH.

The CyNick
12-04-2004, 01:46 PM
The way the company si set up would be virtually no different than it is today.

HHH and Steph would run the creative, Linda would run the business end.

The only change is that they would liekly make Shane the new Chairman of the Board, and he would likely take Vince's place as overseeing all aspects of the business.

But the most important part is the crative/wrestling end, and HHH will have control of that, much like he does today. Shane is apparently just as big of a mark fr Hutner as Vince is, so nothing would change.

That said, I think ultimately the WWE will crumble without Vince because nobody worksa s hard as he does. Despite his stupid moves at times.