PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice.... (about this week's Raw)

Marc the Smark
12-04-2004, 10:34 AM
After slowing down the tape from last nights Raw, it is CLEARLY evident that...

1) The referee counted 3 before Edge tapped out. This isn't even close. Infact, I missed Edge tapping out when watching it live, so watching the tape I was specifically looking for it.

2) Even if Edge was tapping out before a 3 count, Earl Hebner would not have physically been able to seen Edge tapping based on both of their ring positioning...

(credit: wrestleview.com)

Also...

When Chris Benoit is on Edge, and Edge is moving toward the ropes, the ref nudges Benoit and Benoit moves back (with Edge) to the center of the ring!

Stickman
12-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Would you like a hero cookie?

dalegendkilla
12-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Who cares, remember wen Undertaker and JBL were fighting and JBL was outside the ring and Taker went to hit him, his fist was half a mile from JBL's face. And Taker slipped on the limo. lol.

Anybody Thrilla
12-04-2004, 12:50 PM
It wouldn't be as exciting if they used YOUR finish.

ColdwaVer
12-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Can we stop with this sh</>it already? It's AN ANGLE. A PERFORMANCE. Acting like it actually matters when Edge actually tapped or when the referee actually counted makes fans everywhere look like fools, assuming you're older than twelve that is.

tucsonspeed6
12-04-2004, 01:42 PM
OH my god! PROOF! WE HAVE PROOF THAT WRESTLING IS FAKE! CODE RED, PEOPLE!!!!

The CyNick
12-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah Its pretty stupid to bring this stuff up. I mean its not like there is a governing body for pro wrestling that is going to make a ruling. They showed a replay on SD, it looked fine.

Deceit
12-04-2004, 03:48 PM

:rofl: :D :rofl: :D :lol: :rofl: :D :lol: :rofl: :D :lol: :D :lol: :y:

juanker
12-04-2004, 03:53 PM

NO IT'S REAL, REAL I TELL YOU :'(

*Runs off crying*

Kane Knight
12-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Can we stop with this shit already? It's AN ANGLE. A PERFORMANCE. Acting like it actually matters when Edge actually tapped or when the referee actually counted makes fans everywhere look like fools, assuming you're older than twelve that is.
Yeah, heaven forbid people actually criticise a sloppy performance. It's not like people are getting paid to put on a professional show.

Nobody demanded an overturning of the "ruling," and nobody argued that Cynick's governing body get involved. Isn't it just slightly possible that this was brought up because of poor execution, and not because some fanboy wants to expose wrestling as fake?

Mike the Metal Ed
12-05-2004, 01:23 PM
While we're on this topic, Edge clearly hit the floor first, but the WWE picked a good freeze frame of them both on the floor to cover it up.

The CyNick
12-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah, heaven forbid people actually criticise a sloppy performance. It's not like people are getting paid to put on a professional show.

Nobody demanded an overturning of the "ruling," and nobody argued that Cynick's governing body get involved. Isn't it just slightly possible that this was brought up because of poor execution, and not because some fanboy wants to expose wrestling as fake?

But its a stupid thing to bring up.

Its clear what they were trying to do, even if it was off half a second, or God forbid a FULL second, why do people have to make a big point of it?

It would be like going to a live theatre production and going "that guy who played Hamlet was 3/8 of an inch too far to the left when he delivered his last line".

There are far more important things to criticize the WWE for.

Blue Demon
12-05-2004, 05:39 PM
:'( my beliefs have been crushed

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
But its a stupid thing to bring up.

Its clear what they were trying to do, even if it was off half a second, or God forbid a FULL second, why do people have to make a big point of it?

It would be like going to a live theatre production and going "that guy who played Hamlet was 3/8 of an inch too far to the left when he delivered his last line".

There are far more important things to criticize the WWE for.
Actually, it's like complaining that the guy who played Hamlet was gaffing his lines. And nobody's forcing the wrestlers to recite in iambic pentameter.