PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2004, 12:03 AM
now that hes openly admitted to betting on the Reds while he was a manager, what do you think about his reinstatement?

el fregadero
01-06-2004, 12:16 AM
<font color=teal>Back in. I voted for full reinstatement. Pete Rose is the man.</font> :y:

The Outlaw
01-06-2004, 01:25 AM
It's a shame really that he's not in the Hall.

DegenerationY
01-06-2004, 02:14 AM
I would say that it's a shame he's not in the hall, being that he is easily one of the best baseball players of all time, HOWEVER, a rule IS a rule. And I don't understand how admitting to one of the most serious breakings of a rule would HELP somebody be reinstated. If anything, it should hurt his chances. The guy was a GREAT player and all, but he should be let into the Hall of Fame after he dies - or else he wins, and opens the door for more rule breakings in the future.

Disturbed316
01-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Remember when he kept jobbing to Kane at Wrestlemania's 14 and 15?

da_king
01-06-2004, 09:09 AM
<font color="#ccffcc">
betting on baseball, i'd say yes. betting on the reds, no or at least not till after he dies.

</font>

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2004, 05:27 PM
I never thought that he was innocent so this wasnt really a shock to me or most of Cincinnati

but I guess those people that believed that he didnt do it are upset

Gertner
01-06-2004, 05:29 PM
he should be in the hall but not back in baseball.

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Look if they're going to let Pete Rose back into the Hall of Fame then they might as well induct Joe Jackson and Eddie Cicottie as well. For those of you that don't know who these two great palyers are, they were banned from baseball in 1920 by Kenesaw Landis(sp), along with 6 other players, for throwing the 1919 World Series. The WhiteSox were the best team in the league at that time, but because thier owner was a di** and treated his players like sh**, 8 players decided to throw the series and they would be paid an excessive amount of money by gamblers who knew about the fix. Of course, the gamblers never paid the 8 players what they said they would and the Sox players would wind up calling the fix off by the latter part of the series, but the reds beat them anyway. The 8 players would stand trial and would later be aquitted by a grand jury by the comminsioner of baseball, Landis, banned them all for life.

Now if you look at the numbers of both Jackson and Cicottie(he was a pitcher), you can see that they most certaintly have HOF #'s, especially Jackson. Another thing with Joe Jackson was that in the corrupt Series, he played like he wasn't in on the fix to begin with. Jackson hit .345 with 12 hits and 6 RBI'S. But Landis threw him out of baseball because he knew of the fix and thats it. Also keep in mind that Jackson's .356 career batting average is only second to Cobb's .367.

So all I am saying if thier going to let one gambler into the Hall of Fame, they might as well let a few others in two. At least let Joe Jackson in, I mean the guy didn't really do anything wrong except not tell anyone what was going on.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2004, 05:52 PM
I couldnt agree more

MVP
01-06-2004, 06:01 PM
I can't say I want him back in.

Disturbed316
01-06-2004, 06:02 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages/wm14_rose.jpg

what a legend

natureboycv
01-06-2004, 06:46 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Should be in the Hall of Fame. Also, LOL at Pete Rose/Kane pic.</font></b>

natureboycv
01-06-2004, 06:49 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Remember when he was in that No Mercy (I think it was) commercial and he isn't giving anyone candy at Hallowe'en, and then Kane comes to the door and chokeslams him? :cool:</font></b>

The Miz
01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
wow am i sick of this story. let him in, who gives a damn.

YOUR Hero
01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes Shoeless Joe belongs in the hall just as much, if not more than Pete Rose.

YOUR Hero
01-06-2004, 07:51 PM
I voted limited, IE not unless Joe Jackson goes in with him.

CosaNostra
01-06-2004, 08:26 PM
He should have coughed up the truth over a decade ago. Now he finally admits what he did after years of vehemently denying any wrong doing and now that there is that chance of being inducted he comes forward.

How convenient :roll: .

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
The reason he has a chance of being inducted is because he told Selig in 2002 that he bet on baseball and Selig told him to go public with it and he moight give him the opportunity

Ricky
01-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Haha I was just gonna say is he the one who always used to get beat up by Kane.

YOUR Hero
01-06-2004, 10:24 PM
He also came forward just days before his own autobiography is to come out. In it he says he gambled on baseball.

DegenerationY
01-06-2004, 11:39 PM
It's a ploy to sell more books and get more money.

Also, he violated the papers he signed in 1989, saying that he could neither confirm NOR deny the fact that he bet on baseball - that very day, he went public denying ANY wrongdoing.

You should listen to the interviews that Faye Vincent (i think thats his name) has been giving as of late - I used to hate the guy but he makes some VERY interesting points, being that he was the one who wrote up the papers that Bart Giomanni and Rose signed together.

The Outlaw
01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
So, da king and Ogen, why not at all?

Also, yes, I agree that Joe Jackson didn't play like he was throwing it. Like was said earlier, I think he just didn't say anything about it and went along.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about it, personally.

So he admits now right before his book comes out, so everyone buys his book..atleast thats what I think.

I say let him in the hall, but don't let him back in the game...People are banned for betting because they are trying to prevent anything like 1920 every happening again.

da_king
01-07-2004, 07:45 PM
So, da king and Ogen, why not at all?

<font color="#ccffcc">
mostly for betting on his own team, that underminds whatever integrity the league has.
</font>