PDA

View Full Version : *spoiler* OMG, true story *spoiler*

BigDaddyCool
12-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Oh, don't mind them name, but this does have a spoiler.

I smell a tournement for the now vacated world title. I'm going to say HHH, Batista, Edge, Beniot, Jericho, Orton, and just for kicks Maven and Christian will be in it. And I also see Batista making it to the final either against HHH or Edge. And if it is HHH v. Batista, Dave won't be lying down for nothing.

SuperSlim
12-07-2004, 01:05 PM
it feels so obvious that it has to be true

RemyRed
12-07-2004, 01:16 PM
It would be cool to start WM with no Raw Champ, then crown one at the end.

SuperSlim
12-07-2004, 01:20 PM
not really

Shadow
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
I see an Elimination Chamber. During which...HHH loses to Y2J.

I also see JBL coming down with the flu but that's another story.

Johnny Vegas
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
I really think i started a **True Story** trend here :y: ;)...either that, or SARCASM maybe

Mr. JL
12-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Either way,... the WWE will find a way to make it suck.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I posted my idea for a tournament a while back, ad basically it went something like this:

Round 1
Triple H vs. Chris Benoit
Triple H does the clean job here. I knw it is unlikely, but they have the chance to take the title off Triple H without "damaging" him, so I don't see the point of taking him right to the end when he can put over countless guys by losing in the first round of the tournament.

Batista vs. Ric Flair or Rhyno
Either have Batista and Ric Flair in the match, which Flair just lies down for (which adds to the Benoit vs. Batista match next round), or you can have an intense match between Dave & Rhyno, which leads to Batista barely scarping in a victory over Rhyno.

Edge vs. Chris Jericho
Edge loses this match when Christian interferes on Jericho's behalf as payback for Edge's beatdown on RAW a few weeks back.

Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin
Randy Orton does the job here. I know he'd probably be one of the first guys to get to the main event, and it will probably end up being Randy Orton vs. Triple H for the vacant title at Mania 21, but I'd like to see Benjamin sneaking a victory here. I think it would be interesting if the WWE Intercontinental Championship was on the line here.

Semi-Finals
Chris Benoit vs. Batista
This match has some heat leading up to it, and it could work as sort of a blowoff, or even just a stepping stone for these two. Benoit goes over with the Crossface, which leads to Triple H berating Batista, which in turn can be used to house a WrestleMania main event between the two.

Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin
Jericho wins here in a clean match, which means Y2J is eight-time IC Champion, but Chris hands the title back to Benjamin on RAW the next night, giving an emotional speech on how the title is a landmark in many wrestlers' careers' and Benjamin is the man who has been given the torch to carry it now.

Tournament Final
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho
Benoit goes over in this match, and becomes two-time World Heavyweight Champion. He loses it to Triple H at the Royal Rumble, however, and we eventually get Triple H vs. Batista at WrestleMania.

Another idea is to have the semi-finals reversed so you get Benjamin vs. Batista for the IC Title (which Batista wins) and Jericho vs. Benoit, which goes to Benoit. In the finals Benoit defeats Batista. Maybe you can have a stipulation in the Royal Rumble that the person who eliminates Batista becomes the IC Champion and heads over to RAW? Or you can have it being that Batista wins the Rumble, so the runner-up is declared the new Intercontinental Champion. Maybe give the title to someone like Kane or Matt Hardy, just to sit on it for a while.

DaveWadding
12-07-2004, 07:01 PM
It would be cool to start WM with no Raw Champ, then crown one at the end.
They tried that once before. There were a lot of shitty matches and it was boring as fuck.

BigDaddyCool
12-07-2004, 08:43 PM
They tried that once before. There were a lot of shitty matches and it was boring as fuck.

Not only that, it is way to far away.

The CyNick
12-07-2004, 08:48 PM
A tourny doesn't really make any sense to be honest. I mean it would be great to see, because you'd get some good matches, but why does anyone outside of HHH, Edge and Benoit deserve a title match?

That said, they need something to sell that PPV in early January, so I could see an Elimination Chamber match with Edge, Benoit, Batista, HHH, Jericho and Orton.

I think there is an outside chance Benoit will get the title in whatever gimmick they come up with to determine the new champ, but then the belt is going back on Hunter by the Rumble. So either way, it doesn't matter much.

MVP
12-07-2004, 09:14 PM
I know this is not gonna happen, but I was thinking about it during RAW last night.

Let's say Benoit ends up winning the World title, and Edge is pushed as the #1 Contender til Mania (Edge wins the Rumble or earns a shot some other way). Benoit does the job to Edge at Mania, and he wins the World title.

Also let's say HHH/Batista happens at Mania where Batista goes over Hunter as a face. At that point we have a legit #1 Contender for the World title, and the program might not be focused on Hunter (even though we thought that with Benoit).

The advantages are that the title is off HHH for a while, and Batista still gets to have his match with him at Mania. Also Edge/Benoit are likely to be a better quality title match than Batista/HHH.

The disadvantages are that Edge wins the World title as a heel which might be a waste since it's Mania (this is where you experienced experts on booking help me out), and it leaves nothing for Orton--though I could see him turning heel and feuding with a baby HHH, going over him, then challenging for the World title.

V
12-07-2004, 10:57 PM
the only reason they are doing this is so they coudl give triple h back the title and since he "lost" it for a week, orton is now able to challenge for it at wrestlemania.

IT'S SO GODDAM FUCKING OBVIOUS AND RIDICULOUS

i swear one of the writers are going to be murdered if it's orton/hhh at mania, Cena needs to win the rumble, not RKO

Corkscrewed
12-08-2004, 04:41 AM
If it was still one brand, I'd go for Royal Rumble Match for the title.

As it is, I also smell the return of the Elimination Chamber.

Funky Fly
12-08-2004, 04:43 AM
You're all wrong.

HHH is doing it just so that he can be 10 time World Heavyweight Champ without doing the job.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
12-08-2004, 04:49 AM
They might just put the belt on the line in the RR match