PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman gives status update with the WWE

SammyG
12-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Thanks to The Stranglehold for the following quote from their interview with Paul Heyman:

_-_On his current position with WWE:
It changes by the week. I'm the wonderful hero that they all turn to and then the next week, I'm the lunatic that ran ECW and we can't wait 'til your contract's up. It all depends on which way the wind blows in my relationship with WWE--like a roller coaster with the blindfolds on.

There are days where I think Vince McMahon truly appreciates what I have to offer and truly appreciates the difference of opinion that I have. And there are days when I think he just doesn't want to hear it and I'm on the outs. I could come into this phone call as the lead writer for WrestleMania and by the time the phone call is over, I could be relegated to not being able to pick who the referees are for Velocity.

Damnit, Paul Heyman is the best, show him some respect WWE!!! :mad:

KingofOldSchool
12-09-2004, 11:36 PM
LOL

Boondock Saint
12-10-2004, 12:09 AM
lol. Heyman is the man

KayfabeMan
12-10-2004, 12:14 AM
:nono: Typical wrestling business shit...

mike627
12-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Paul Heyman needs to tell Vince where to to stick his company.

John la Rock
12-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Paul Heyman is da man :y:

KingofOldSchool
12-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Paul Heyman needs to tell Vince where to to stick his company.

Then watch Heyman go bankrupt...AGAIN.

Corkscrewed
12-10-2004, 02:01 AM
LOL at Heyman. Kudos for telling it like it is though....

On the other hand, having watched The Rise and Fall of ECW, I don't think Heyman would have been that much different himself had he been in Vince's shows. Heyman can be pretty stubborn as well, and one of the reasons the DVD cited for ECW's failure was that he didn't dole out responsibilities well enough, instead preferring to do everything himself.

Heyman's not a guy who likes to take orders; he's very much a control guy. So even though he's a genius, who's to say that he's really that much different from Vince (aside from the fact that he can turn any wrestling storyline into gold)?

I'm not bashing Heyman, btw. Just offering a critical assessment of his character.

Kane Knight
12-10-2004, 02:08 AM
Heyman can be pretty stubborn as well, and one of the reasons the DVD cited for ECW's failure was that he didn't dole out responsibilities well enough, instead preferring to do everything himself.
Ever hear the concept "history is written by the victors?"

Corkscrewed
12-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Yes.... but there's evidence of that elsewhere as well. The DVD was just the first source I remembered.

Kane Knight
12-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Just pointing it out.