PDA

View Full Version : BTW, I just purchased the...

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2004, 01:17 AM
The Death of WCW. I'll tell you how it is.

Fignuts
12-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Oh man, I've been looking forward to this book for a long time. I read Wrestlecrap, and that was hilarious. This is done by the same guys I think.

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh man, I've been looking forward to this book for a long time. I read Wrestlecrap, and that was hilarious. This is done by the same guys I think.

Well duh.

Shaggy
12-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Ive never even heard of this....heard of wrestlecrap but not this book.

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Ive never even heard of this....heard of wrestlecrap but not this book.

Have you been to the site in the past 6 months?

BigDaddyCool
12-15-2004, 11:32 PM
I got to book in the mail today, and I'm already like 1/2 way through it. :( I was hoping for it to last forever. Maybe I'll get Ric Flair's book afterwards.

tucsonspeed6
12-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Speaking of wrestlecrap, I checked out Amazon.com's reviews of their first book and ran across the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. I thought you guys might enjoy it:

"First of all, this book is hilarious, mostly because all of the facts in it are wrong. The author had some very shoddy sources on this book. One claim he makes is that Mick Foley wrestled under the name Cactus Jack. Rest assured, Mick Foley is most well known for portraying the Ultimate Warrior shortly after the death of the original Warrior, Glenn Jacobs. Cactus Jack was none other than Jim Hellwig. He also states that Hulk Hogan was the star of several movies that were nowhere near the blockbuster hits that announcers hyped them to be. Trust me, I went to see Santa With Muscles, and the line was going around the block to get into the theater. He mentions that Kamala hailed from Africa, blatantly false. Kamala originated in South Dakota, where he trained at Stu Hart's dungeon. He has many other nationalities mixed up as well. He lists Roddy Piper as being from Scotland, when everyone knows that he is Irish. I have heard that he is working on a second book about the death of WCW. I have news for you Mr. Reynolds, WCW is still alive after WWF went bankrupt. WCW then changed their name to WWE and took over WWF's old shows."

Loose Cannon
12-20-2004, 03:09 PM
ROFL

What a fucking idiot. I'm going to go on Amazon right now and reply to that jackass cause I can't let that go

Head
12-20-2004, 03:15 PM
He was obviously kidding...

Loose Cannon
12-20-2004, 03:20 PM
yeah, just figured that after reading the whole thing.

BigDaddyCool
12-20-2004, 10:04 PM
I just finished Death of WCW...well techincally I finished it earlier today, but this site was fucked up, but back to the matter at hand.

I knew WCW sucked, but never to the degree of absurdity the book claims it did. But still, Bischoff is god.

tucsonspeed6
12-20-2004, 11:00 PM
So is it worth the money?

DaveWadding
12-20-2004, 11:39 PM
LOL @ another comment from Amazon:

Lets see here.....

They blame:
1.Bischoff
2.Hogan
3.Nash

for destroying WCW, when those are the guys who built it. What a bunch of morons. There wouldn't have been any WCW in the first place if it wasn't for those guys. These guys worship overrated jokes like Flair and Hart.

BigDaddyCool
12-21-2004, 10:49 AM
So is it worth the money?

Yes

BigDaddyCool
12-21-2004, 10:51 AM
LOL @ another comment from Amazon:

Lets see here.....

They blame:
1.Bischoff
2.Hogan
3.Nash

for destroying WCW, when those are the guys who built it. What a bunch of morons. There wouldn't have been any WCW in the first place if it wasn't for those guys. These guys worship overrated jokes like Flair and Hart.

I mostly blame Russo for taking away the value of the titles, and AOL for buying Time Warner and then putting some jerk who hates wrestling in a position of power.

rstick
12-22-2004, 03:12 PM
I wathced WCW right up until the final episode, but I could never remember hardly anything from those last couple years, and i usually have a very, very good memory. After reading this book it is obvious that my brain wiped my memory clean of these last few years as a way to save me from many years of severe head trauma. The absurdity of WCW is so ridiculous that it is almost impossible to believe that any company could make the mistakes that they did. Many times during the book I had to stop and compose my self because i could not stop laughing. This is definatly a must read in my opinion.

BigDaddyCool
12-23-2004, 03:30 PM
I wathced WCW right up until the final episode, but I could never remember hardly anything from those last couple years, and i usually have a very, very good memory. After reading this book it is obvious that my brain wiped my memory clean of these last few years as a way to save me from many years of severe head trauma. The absurdity of WCW is so ridiculous that it is almost impossible to believe that any company could make the mistakes that they did. Many times during the book I had to stop and compose my self because i could not stop laughing. This is definatly a must read in my opinion.

I mostly watched WCW during there last year or 2, when I first go into wrestling it was right before the "Screw Job" and I was really loyal to WWF because I just didn't want to watch Wheel Chair Wrestling.

Innovator
12-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I pretty much stopped watching Nitro after Raw is Jericho debuted

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2004, 12:35 AM
I pretty much stopped watching Nitro after Raw is Jericho debuted

You are so cool

Innovator
12-24-2004, 12:38 AM
you're preaching to the choir