PDA

View Full Version : Match Of The Year Thread

Evolution
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Well, I was waiting for Armageddon to hurry up and pass before doing this, and now it has.

Basically, this is your chance to nominate your favourite match from 2004 for Match Of The Year.

Of course, here are the all important rules.

1. Send your nominations to me in Private Messages only. Nominations made in reply to this thread will not be included.

2. In your Private Message, you can list up to 5 matches. No more, but you CAN suggest less than 5.

3. WWE matches only. Sorry, but not everyone has access to NWA-TNA, NOAH etc., and when this comes down to a poll I want it to be as unanimous a decision as possible (So something like AJ Styles vs Low-Ki may have been an excellent match, but if hardly anybody saw it, it won't get the recognition it deserves).

4. In TWO WEEKS this thread will be closed/deleted, then the top 10 nominations (i.e. the 10 most nominated matches) will be put into poll form. After this you will have ONE WEEK to cast your vote.

5. The nominations can be from any time in WWE this year. It doesn't have to be a PPV match (although most I assume will be). You could nominate the opening match from a Velocity taping in February if you wanted, just don't be too surprised if it's not in the top 10.

And there you go. I look forward to your PMs.

Your 2 weeks start...NOW!

The One
12-13-2004, 05:56 PM
This is...well...dumb...

We already have the Markie awards for this catagory...and to exclude TNA is pointless...if you get TNN (Raw's Network) you get FSN (Impact's Network)...and anybody that can order a WWE PPV can order the TNA PPV...so don't give me you don't have access crap...

Bad form man...bad form.

Xero
12-13-2004, 06:12 PM
This is...well...dumb...

We already have the Markie awards for this catagory...and to exclude TNA is pointless...if you get TNN (Raw's Network) you get FSN (Impact's Network)...and anybody that can order a WWE PPV can order the TNA PPV...so don't give me you don't have access crap...

Bad form man...bad form.
Actually, some people don't get FSN. I know I don't, it's pay here.

The One
12-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Xero...no shit!? I thought that FSN came with basic cable. I only have basic cable and I get FSN...

Well anyway...my point still stands that some people don't get TNN...though I am fairly sure everyone gets UPN...and anyone that can order a WWE PPV can order a TNA PPV...and then there is STILL the fact that this is was the Markies are for...

Gouda
12-13-2004, 06:31 PM
I get Spike here on basic cable, UPN is extra, and I can't even get FSN.

foodstampchamp
12-13-2004, 08:30 PM
I think its kind of dumb to limit it to WWE only. There are plenty of people on here who watch other wrestling I'm sure. I won't be participating.

mitch_h
12-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Yea WWE only really turned me off. Especially since my nominations contained matches from WWE, TNA, and ROH.

Azriel
12-13-2004, 08:42 PM
I'd say why not have best match of the year for each company then. One for WWE, one for TNA, one for ROH, and so on.