PDA

View Full Version : What would Kevin do about Evolution and the World title?

What Would Kevin Do?
12-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Hey, look everyone, just what the board needs, yet another random hypothetical thread.... Eh, sue me.

Raw right now is leading to an interesting climax. WWE could hit it big, or it could be a big ass blunder. Personally, I see it leading to the latter, but I've never been real optimisstic. Being the megalomaniac I am however, I feel I have a great way to make the best out of the current angles going on. Feel free to disagree, post your own, agree, bitch, whatever...

First, the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution. IMO, this needs to come down to Jericho and Benoit. Orton, HHH, and Batista should not be in the WM title picture. Personally, I think the match should come down to Benoit, Edge, and Jericho in the end... Benoit eliminates Jericho, and then Edge. I'm thinking after Jericho gets eliminated, have him watch the match eagerly, wanting to see who wins... After the match, he congradulates Benoit, shakes his hand, then turns... Jericho beats the shit out of Benoit, locks on the walls of Jericho, and the show goes off the air like that.

The next night on Raw, Jericho comes out and apologized, claiming it will never... eeeever happen again :) Basically, let's slowly turn Jericho crazy WCW style. Bischoff comes out, announces Jericho as the first official Raw entry in the rumble. Jericho is notably pissed, as he wanted the title shot at the Rumble... The rumble title shout instead goes to Edge, since he was second to last eliminated.

Yadda Yadda, Benoit wins the match at RR, Jericho wins the rumble, Jericho Vs Benoit headlines WM. That's what I would do. Of course, this is just to free up Orton, HHH, and Batista, so they can work a program without the world title involved.

Evolution

In the Elimination chamber, HHH should be the last to enter. THis is simply because Orton wants to get his hands on him, and everyone wants to see it... Accept it doesn't happen, as Batista eliminates Orton before HHH gets in... Also, see HHH accidentally getting Batista eliminated, maybe by pulling him in front of Edge's spear...

So now we have a situation... Batista is semi pissed at HHH, HHH is pissed because he didn't win, and Orton still wants HHH.

Orton begins to demand a match against HHH, which he denies. Eventually, a match is made. Batista versus Randy Orton. It can be for the ppv before Wm. If Orton wins, he fights HHH at Mania. Batista is on a roll though, and he's confident. In fact, Batista tells HHH that if he doesn't win, he'll leave Raw.

Leading up, WWE continues with the subtle disputes between Batista and HHH.

Orton and Batista end up having a nice long, competitive match... In the end, Batista hits the Demon bomb, but Orton kicks out... Orton hits the RKO, but Batista kicks out... Ref goes down, HHH comes in, pedigrees Orton. Match looks over, except Batista looks uber pissed. Batista begins to yell that he's sick of HHH's shit. FInally, Batista walks out of the match... Orton wins by count out, and Batista leaves Raw.

Now we have Orton vs HHH for mania, and Evolution is basically dead (Hell, Flair could leave with Orton.)

Of course, what happens to Batista? Well, he goes to Smackdown... Except he isn't announced, nor does he show up, until WM. At Mania, Batista is a mystery opponent for the Undertaker... After a close match, Batista ends the Undertakers winning streak at WM... IMO, this would push Batista high into the sky...

In the long run, I think Batista could become WWE champ on smackdown (maybe beating Cena.) Of course, HHH will eventually become the Raw champ again. A long time after Mania (hell, maybe even WM 22) they could have an interpromotional non-title champion vs champion match between HHH and Batista. This could draw big if they play it up as Batista being a protege of the Game, and once he left, he found success on his own, and has now come back to surpass his mentor.

Hey, it could work.

I dunno, the idea came to me at 4 in the morning yesterday.

Fignuts
12-17-2004, 01:59 AM
I like your idea for Batista. Especially the part about taker. I honestly think it would be better to see taker pass the torch to a future star rather than retire undefeated. This from a taker mark mind you. I don't agree with your EC senario however. Although I agree that Jericho and benoit at the center of the title picture would be great, I think it has to come down to HHH and Orton. It would just tell a much better story, given what's been put into the feud. However, I think WWE could turn the heat between benoit and edge into a classic feud. If booked right for the next few weeks, I could see benoit/edge as the final two.

LK
12-17-2004, 02:59 AM
I actually now think that Batista night have a shot at getting the title now. They have been buildng him up and you could see the fear in HHH when he was put in the match.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-17-2004, 03:37 AM
I actually now think that Batista night have a shot at getting the title now. They have been buildng him up and you could see the fear in HHH when he was put in the match.

The thing is though, you put Batista in that match, he really either needs to win, or he loses a lot of what he has going for him... Also, moving him to Smackdown prevents HHH from beating him a week later.