PDA

View Full Version : Shoot or Sell #3: Who should win the Elimination Chamber at NYR?

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2004, 07:16 AM
I am very confident, and nervous about the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution. The pros are there will be a new champion, and at least one angle of significance in the match. I'm fairly certain the match will be a pleasure to watch as well.

But on the other hand, you have one of the most delicate feuds in the WWE right now, Triple H vs. Batista. I hope the WWE doesn't blow its load with these two. Have them go at WrestleMania, not NYR.

But how would it be done? I honestly can see Batista walking out of the Chamber with the title, but I think this would be a mistake. I persoanlly hope one man wins the Chamber, and one man alone. Chris Jericho.

What makes Y2J my choice? He can win the title with little build-up, look like a million bucks doing it (if previous Elimination Chambers have taught us anything), and he can later drop the title to a heel.

I have finally given in, and accepted that the WWE probably considers the World Heavyweight Championship the WCW Title. If so, they should parade around that Chris Jericho is a three-time champion, just so when they take the title off him he has something to save him.

I can see Edge with the title as well, but I would rather see Jericho win the title for one line. "I still think you should have beaten Jericho.", I swear if Batista uses that line on Triple H if he taps out to Jericho in the Elimination Chamber, I will piss myself in anticipation for their match.

Anyway, as things go, I'd have Jericho win the title at NYR, then lose it at the RR. To who? Triple H, with a LOT of help from Dave Batista (who is runner-up in the Rumble to Shawn Michaels who goes over to SmackDown!). The next night on RAW, one of those company-wide Battle Royals is held to decide who will have Triple H at WrestleMania. Batista wins "protecting the interests" of Triple H. Hopefully then we see the real feud begin.

I would have former champions, wrestlers, managers and current RAW and SmackDown! superstars continuously telling Dave he shouldn't be a slave to Triple H, and should beat him at Mania for the title. Batista is split, and at Mania we don't know what he is going to choose. We make it right to the end of the show, with only something like 15 minutes left (not enough for the main event of WrestleMania, surely). Batista is in the lockerroom unsure of himself, when in comes Ric Flair who gives Batista a motivational speech about what this title means, what WrestleMania means, what Evolution means, and what being "The Nature Boy" means. It would be really moving, IMO, if Ric Flair passed the title of Nature Boy onto Batista in that promo, and endorsed him in his match against Triple H.

We then see a solid squash with Dave Batista winning the World Heavyweight Championship in the final segment of the show.

But that's just how I would book the Elimination Chamber (and subsequently WrestleMania) for the World Heavyweight Championship, but I am more curious as to what you all think.

And I am embarrased because I spelt Chris Benoit wrong in the poll. :$

Dave Youell
12-17-2004, 07:44 AM
I personal choice would be Jericho

But out of the 6 he's the most unlikly candidate, he's had zero impact as far as the title is concerned for ages, when he was GM he didn't give himself a title shot, it's almost like he doesn't care about the title. Giving the title to Jericho with the least build up out of everyone would be stupid mainly because he has no-one lined up to fued with that anyone cares about, he doesn't need the title and I think the writing staff wouldn't want to do it

Logically I would say that HHH would win, only to drop it again at Mania to a face (Orton/Batista) To have a face win now only to then drop to a heel in the main event of mania just aint going to happen again.

Shaggy
12-17-2004, 08:39 AM
I went with Edge just because he needs to win that title and im a big edge head right now.

SuperSlim
12-17-2004, 08:48 AM
who whould win it? Jericho or Benoit.

Who will win it... Triple H

Londoner
12-17-2004, 08:58 AM
After reading dave's post, that has only confirmed my belief that Edge will win and will be going to mania. And you'll probably have edge v Orton at mania, that's something different aint it? And also have Batista V HHH, unless you want to make a four way title match between them all, thatw ay you still keep hhh in the title picture at wrestlemania.Which is a must as far as the writers are concerned!

PorkSoda
12-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Triple H will probably win :( It would be awesome if HHH entered at number 1` and got elimated first :)

Jericho should win. He hasnt held the title for a while. Edge should win the rumble and go onto Wrestlemania and defeat Jericho cleanly for it or something. Just dont give him the title in this match, but the WWE will probably screw it up....BOOHOHOHOHOH

Cool King
12-17-2004, 09:02 AM
I want to see Batista or Jericho win the Title but I think Triple H or Orton will win it.

SuperSlim
12-17-2004, 10:03 AM
don't have Edge as champion

The One
12-17-2004, 10:14 AM
I want more then anything to see Chris Jericho walk out with the Gold, but it won't happen, as other people have mentioned, he has no real build up to winning the gold.

Benoit isn't over enough right now to hold the gold...sorry but he is #4 Face of RAW (after Orton, Jericho, and sadly Batista...who is only kinda-face). Sorry but Benoit's crowd reaction keeps getting less and less. I don't know why...wait yes I do. Because him winning the title was HUGE, everyone was into it, and then they dropped the ball...way to go WWE.

Everybody's eyes will be one three people to win...Orton, Batista, and Edge. Those are the three people most would expect to win, and thus would make the most sense to win.

...so they will give it to Triple H. :shifty:

Nah I'm kidding. I think the reason they took the title away from Triple H is so that we can have a new champion, without Triple H being beaten for the title. If I were a beating man I would say Edge to win with Orton winning the Rumble. Batista and Triple H will fight at Maina no doubt, but I don't see the title being on the line, as Batista has yet to say one word about wanting to be Champ...my guess is WrestleMania will be Main Evented by Orton/Edge for RAW and Booker/Angle for SmackDown...and then Batista/HHH will be one of those Main Events...but not for the title.

HankScorpio
12-17-2004, 10:30 AM
We all want Y2J to win, but that's not going to happen. I think the only 2 people that have a chance are HHH & Batista, to sound Lame (pun intended) it IS called New Years rEvolution, so I think it'll be a set up for one of two things

1. Batista wins it and Evolution FULLY break up, thus starting a Dave/HHH fued leading to Mania...Where somehow Orton gets the belt.

2. Swerve, HHH wins with the help of Dave & this whole HHH/Batista thing was just a long drawn out work (most likely IMO).. leading to HHH/Orton go to Mania...Where somehow Orton gets the belt

3. :shifty: Y2J wins & I mark out like a child...loses it to HHH (in a week), who goes to Mania, where Orton wins the belt.

Remember, next time HHH gets the belt he becomes the 10 time world champ. so if Orton wins it from him at WM21 (which I quite obviously see happening) he'll look beter for beating a 10 time champ.

John la Rock
12-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Triple H will win. They need a strong heel going into Wrestlemania 21 as champion

The Naitch
12-17-2004, 01:30 PM
David Arquette

McLegend
12-17-2004, 01:33 PM
With the way the writing has been lately I don't think HHH will win the elimation chamber match. I think its going to be Edge or Batista, because that would be great with either one of them has the champion.

HHH might get the tittle back before Mania though.

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Just a quick thought, Jericho won the Undisputed Championship at Vengeance 2002, without much attention. The main focus was on The Rock and Austin, and even Kurt Angle. I'm not saying it is likely Y2J will walk away with the belt, but I wouldn't count him out just yet.

If Triple H goes first, I will mark out like anything. Preferbly before Batista is in the ring, as to avoid a confrontation between the two. Edge would make a decent champion, but one has to ask if it is too soon, especially when his current persona has so many possibilities. I think he could last as he is until around Summerslam time.

V
12-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Jerifuckingcho

if not him, edge

if not both of them batista

if not those 3 then benoit, then triple h, then randy orton

Vastardikai
12-17-2004, 04:17 PM
I get this feeling we're going to be on the verge of a bigger swerve:

Final four: Orton, Benoit, Batista, Trips. Orton and Batista are brawling, Trips hits the Pedigree on Benoit for 3. Trips then gets in Orton's face... and Orton falls to the equivalent to the finger poke of Doom. 1-2-3! Then there's an intense staredown between Batista and Trips, there's the finger poke, but Batista refuses to lay down. After some persuasion by Flair, Batista relents. Trips is the new champion and Evolution is reformed. No one cares.

I just have this bad feeling...

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2004, 04:50 PM
I get this feeling we're going to be on the verge of a bigger swerve:

Final four: Orton, Benoit, Batista, Trips. Orton and Batista are brawling, Trips hits the Pedigree on Benoit for 3. Trips then gets in Orton's face... and Orton falls to the equivalent to the finger poke of Doom. 1-2-3! Then there's an intense staredown between Batista and Trips, there's the finger poke, but Batista refuses to lay down. After some persuasion by Flair, Batista relents. Trips is the new champion and Evolution is reformed. No one cares.

I just have this bad feeling...

HOLY SH!T! I actually like that idea. Well actually a modified idea where Batista, Orton and Triple H make it to the final three, then Orton and Triple H smile, turn to Batista and start beating him down. RKO, Pedigree, 1-2-3 (Orton covers), then we see the Fingerpoke of Doom.

This leads directly into Triple H vs. Batista (with maybe Dave being unsure of himself) at WrestleMania, with Batista vs. Orton as a pitstop at the Royal Rumble. Then The Rock can come back and talk about how Randy's a puppet again, and you can have those two face off at WrestleMania 21. Then Batista wins the title and we have a new setup to the RAW side of things.

Sounds pretty interesting to me. :y:

Impact!
12-17-2004, 10:08 PM
it is possible that jericho wins and continues his fued with batista from a while back leading to a match at the rumble (possibly winning a battle royal or something to become the number 1 contender) with batista winning and having HHH become jelous because batista won the title (like orton) leading to evolution breaking up and setting up batista vs HHH at mania...........come on its possible :shifty:

Wildcat789
12-17-2004, 10:41 PM
I don't think that the Elimation Chamber will affect the Main Event to Mania, because quite frankly, I believe this Mania is a Smackdown main evented, seeing is how JBL is holding onto this title pretty hardcore.

KingofOldSchool
12-17-2004, 10:43 PM
LOL

Jericho shouldn't win.

the_rock's_#1_fan
12-18-2004, 01:11 PM
I just see HHH getting the belt back at New Year's Revolution and then at the Rumble, Batista is like, I dunno, say #15 or something and wins the Rumble and cuts a promo the next night on RAW saying how he has had it with Evolution and HHH had better watch his back because at Mania, he's losing the belt to him (Batista of course). HHH shows up and shoots his mouth off, and we got us a feud to last possibly way beyond Mania 21.

Mr. Nerfect
12-18-2004, 06:09 PM
I just see HHH getting the belt back at New Year's Revolution and then at the Rumble, Batista is like, I dunno, say #15 or something and wins the Rumble and cuts a promo the next night on RAW saying how he has had it with Evolution and HHH had better watch his back because at Mania, he's losing the belt to him (Batista of course). HHH shows up and shoots his mouth off, and we got us a feud to last possibly way beyond Mania 21.

I like that, except for the Evolution breaking up so soon. Tease it for a while. Have tensions fly, but Batista telling Triple H he'll do what's right by Evolution.