PDA

View Full Version : I miss my homo.

Afterlife
12-17-2004, 10:15 AM
I've been awol from the internet for a while, so this may have been covered, but I have a question. Was there a reason they canned Rico? I know they fired a big chunk at once, and most of them I'm fine with. I was irked about STamboli and Palumbo, seeing as how I don't feel either of them was ever actually used to their potential, but my big "What the hell?" was RIco. I was fairly pissed.

I asked Joey Radd if he knew why. He shrugged and said "Maybe he was too old." I argued about Flair being too old, but he says Flair's a legend. Personally, I don't think Flair is much of anything nowadays. But Rico was a great talent. Granted, he was 43, but that's still about 30 years younger than Flair. Batista's 38, for cryin' out loud. I really don't see his age being a factor, as he was a pretty decent face with a comical (dare I say "loveable"?) gimmick.

I'm almost hoping this was a case like O'Haire and Runnels, where the company just thot, "Hmm...You know him? Yeah, let's fire him," and really had no reasoning. But if there is a reason, I'd like to know.

Thanks.

Pepsi Man
12-17-2004, 10:17 AM
I've been awol from the internet for a while, so this may have been covered, but I have a question. Was there a reason they canned Rico? I know they fired a big chunk at once, and most of them I'm fine with. I was irked about STamboli and Palumbo, seeing as how I don't feel either of them was ever actually used to their potential, but my big "What the hell?" was RIco. I was fairly pissed.

I asked Joey Radd if he knew why. He shrugged and said "Maybe he was too old." I argued about Flair being too old, but he says Flair's a legend. Personally, I don't think Flair is much of anything nowadays. But Rico was a great talent. Granted, he was 43, but that's still about 30 years younger than Flair. Batista's 38, for cryin' out loud. I really don't see his age being a factor, as he was a pretty decent face with a comical (dare I say "loveable"?) gimmick.

I'm almost hoping this was a case like O'Haire and Runnels, where the company just thot, "Hmm...You know him? Yeah, let's fire him," and really had no reasoning. But if there is a reason, I'd like to know.

Thanks.
Try ten years younger than Flair.

Sickboy
12-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Try ten years younger than Flair.

Hmmm... perhaps it was a joke, you moron.

HankScorpio
12-17-2004, 10:41 AM
one question, Afterlife:

After he's chased most of the SmackDown! roster around the ring and done his homo act with them, WHERE would his character have gone? Fueding with Hass for Miss Jackie's love?? Doubt it.

I liked the guy, BUT- his angle had no future.

Azriel
12-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Should have just ditched the gay gimmick and let Rico be himself.

loopydate
12-17-2004, 11:47 AM
^ Exactly. He's a former cop (and American Gladiators champion) with a martial arts background. He could have handled himself in a non-gay gimmick.

DaveWadding
12-17-2004, 12:57 PM
I know you miss him but, don't you worry, Joey will be back real soon.

V
12-17-2004, 01:09 PM
lol i hated him so much when he was billy and chuck's stylist

but then he was cool when he started wrestling

why have this guy go over flair and be fired just a few months later, i don't get it.

Shaggy
12-17-2004, 01:41 PM
I liked Rico...I play as him in the video games all the time. He had the funniest gimmick there was. Even though it was just like Goldust I liked it a lot better. He is the only reason that I tune in to those old American Gladiator episodes. I finally saw the one where he won it all. I hope TNA picks him up and uses him because he is really great in the ring.

Afterlife
12-17-2004, 03:48 PM
O.K., in regards to his character having no future, that's a little obtuse. Just because Rico was a gay character doesn't mean everything for him was about homosexuality. He and Haas weren't fueding with the Dudleys b/c he Rico was gay. The Dudleys were heels, Haas and Rico were faces. It's just simple like that. How long were Faarooq and Bradshaw called "The Acolytes" after the Ministry was disassembled and Undertaker went "normal"? They could have done anything with him, he was one of the best performers on SmackDown, both in-ring and backstage.

And yes, the 30 years younger comment was a joke. Moron.

Pepsi Man
12-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Hmmm... perhaps it was a joke, you moron.
Not a very funny one, though. Had Flair even had FIFTEEN years on him, I woulda given it to him, but seeing as only ten years separate them, thirty is too much of an exaggeration. :(

Fignuts
12-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Not a very funny one, though. Had Flair even had FIFTEEN years on him, I woulda given it to him, but seeing as only ten years separate them, thirty is too much of an exaggeration. :(

For god's sake just shut the hell up. Who gives two shits if he exaggerated too much. Stay on freaking topic.

I didn't see anything all that great out of Rico besides his gimmick. Even that got old after a while.

Pepsi Man
12-18-2004, 06:42 PM
For god's sake just shut the hell up. Who gives two shits if he exaggerated too much. Stay on freaking topic.

I didn't see anything all that great out of Rico besides his gimmick. Even that got old after a while.
My post contained the true age difference. If anyone's going off topic here, it's you. :)

Fignuts
12-21-2004, 11:59 PM
My post contained the true age difference. If anyone's going off topic here, it's you. :)

The post is about Rico, not flair's age you idiot.

Pepsi Man
12-26-2004, 12:47 PM
The post is about Rico, not flair's age you idiot.
It's more about Flair's age than it is about trying to hurl childish insults.

I-Hate-You
12-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I missed when he beat Flair.

Was it fair.

What episode did this happen on?

Fignuts
12-26-2004, 09:30 PM
It's more about Flair's age than it is about trying to hurl childish insults.

Throwing childish insults is all this entire forum is about, you monkey licking cod stain.

Pepsi Man
12-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Throwing childish insults is all this entire forum is about, you monkey licking cod stain.
Oh, okay. Then why did this cunt go off topic by asking about Rico's WWE release? :mad: