PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Would Undertaker job to "JBL" at Wrestlemania? (willingly)

Heyman
12-17-2004, 03:16 PM
DISCUSSION - Would Undertaker job to "JBL" at Wrestlemania? (willingly)

Here's my basic thought (as most of you know if you've been reading my posts of late).

1) Ideally - Taker would "put over" and 'up-and-comer' at Wrestlemania (for the WWE title).

2) As 'ideal' as the idea of Undertaker putting someone over at Mania sounds, it probably won't happen................unless the guy is JBL?

From what I know, JBL and Undertaker are real life good friends. JBL has 'looked up' to the Undertaker throughout most of his career (and even played an "on-air" role where he was a part of Taker's Ministry).

While the chances of Undertaker putting 'over' a John Cena may be next to none, could the same be said for JBL?

After thinking about it, I realized that this may be the best scenerio (JBL winning 'cleanly' over the Undertaker).

A lot of people may feel that John Cena should be put in this role (as did I), but is Cena really ready for this role?................or is he still a bit too green? Perhaps John Cena shouldn't win the WWE title until AFTER Wrestlemania 21 (Summerslam 2005?).

V
12-17-2004, 03:33 PM
i will stop watching wrestling if Undertaker jobs his 12 year record to bradshaw

Volchok
12-17-2004, 03:45 PM
NO!!!!!! JBL is not good enough to deserve to end Takers 12 year streak...

juanker
12-17-2004, 03:47 PM
In my world Yes. JBL RULES!!

In real life No. Taker's ego is so big it needs it's own zip code

Gouda
12-17-2004, 03:51 PM
I would hate to see it happen. When someone finally breaks Taker's streak it should be huge. I don't think that should be given to JBL, who no one wants to see in such a high level position in the first place.

I also think that position should be given to a face. A "passing of the torch" type thingthat helps solidify someone as a big face star.

SuperSlim
12-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Taker would not job cleanly at WrestleMania... even to JBL

V
12-17-2004, 03:54 PM
this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

if he jobs his record, it should be to either randy orton or john cena

NOBODY else deserves it right now, NOBODY.

Mayo
12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
JBL has beaten Taker so many times already, so I don't see why another time is necessary even though they have all been clean wins. Taker should only job to Cena or Orton at Wrestlemania before he retires.

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2004, 04:44 PM
this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

if he jobs his record, it should be to either randy orton or john cena

NOBODY else deserves it right now, NOBODY.

Why do Orton and Cena deserve it? No offense to either guy, but neither has done wonders for wrestling (neither has JBL, but still), and I am fairly certain both these guys will get offers for other kind of work, whether it be movies, music or something else.

I'm fairly certain Orton has a passion for the business, but if he becomes a bigger star in the wrestling circle than The Rock, it could potentially lead to him leaving the WWE for other childhood dreams.

John Cena, while I am confident loves the business, does have other talents, has already made another movie, and is more vulnerable to other forms of entertainment than Orton.

JBL is faithful to the company, deserves the win (he's been making SmackDown! entertaining pretty much by himself), and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did happen. Would I like to see it? No, I'd much rather see Cena win, and I'm not even one of his fans, but whether or not that would be the right thing to do remains to be seen.

Cena is still a mid-carder, he's still US Champion, and he is no different than Chris Jericho in the WWE's eyes. Putting him over may be better in some ways, but the WWE should be careful not to end up with 15 Brock Lesnars. on their hands. Wait a while, guys like Batista and JBL's times are now, and while it may not seem like a fruitful era, guys like Orton and Cena will be the megastars we dream them to be, but I don't see the point rushing into it when it could potentially do damage.

I'd rather see Kurt Angle defeat Undertaker at WrestleMania 21. While Angle does have his niche in the WWE, he doesn't have that record, and the best thing going for him is that he's a former Olympic Gold Medalist. IMO either Kurt Angle or Luther Reigns should get the duke. Maybe John Cena next year. The thing is 2005 may be Taker's last year, which is why I think they'll rush this and have one wrestler just beat Taker for the sake of it.

MVP
12-17-2004, 05:16 PM
The thought of JBL headlining Mania makes me want to vomit. Same goes for HHH unless he jobs to Batista.

Heyman
12-17-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'll just make one quick comment.

I was never a fan of JBL becoming a WWE champion

The gimmick is ok, but I thought it was RIDICULOUS of him to defeat Eddie Guerrero (i.e. a newly created main-eventer who was trying to establish credibility as a champion).

Having said that - I also feel that if the WWE do *not* capitalize on JBL (i.e. let him drop the title before Mania), then ALL of these months will have been a COMPLETE waste.

Remember when Hardcore Holly main-evented against Brock Lesnar? Remember what happened when he went back down to the mid-cards? No one gave a shit about him anymore.

If JBL drops the title before WM (and doesn't get any CLEAN victories over established wrestlers as well), he will basically become like Hardcore Holly........or Test for that matter (after his marriage angle with Stephanie was dropped).

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'll just make one quick comment.

I was never a fan of JBL becoming a WWE champion

The gimmick is ok, but I thought it was RIDICULOUS of him to defeat Eddie Guerrero (i.e. a newly created main-eventer who was trying to establish credibility as a champion).

Having said that - I also feel that if the WWE do *not* capitalize on JBL (i.e. let him drop the title before Mania), then ALL of these months will have been a COMPLETE waste.

Remember when Hardcore Holly main-evented against Brock Lesnar? Remember what happened when he went back down to the mid-cards? No one gave a shit about him anymore.

If JBL drops the title before WM (and doesn't get any CLEAN victories over established wrestlers as well), he will basically become like Hardcore Holly........or Test for that matter (after his marriage angle with Stephanie was dropped).

I agree, JBL needs to at least do something noteworthy as champion.

Lara Emily
12-17-2004, 07:18 PM
the defeating UT at WM thing needs to be used to elevate some who is the future JBL is not the future.

Heyman
12-17-2004, 07:26 PM
the defeating UT at WM thing needs to be used to elevate some who is the future JBL is not the future.

Ideally - Taker would JOB to someone like John Cena or a MAJORLY built up RVD at Wrestlemania. I just can't see that happening though. There's a less than 1% chance of Taker jobbing to ANYONE at Mania (let alone, a title match).

Still - it's impossible to ignore the fact that Taker jobbing at Mania would significantly increase his opponent's credibility.

I just figured that JBL would have the best chance (since him and Taker are good friends in real life, JBL's been in the company for awhile and has "paid his dues", and Vince McMahon seems high on him as well).

Lara Emily
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Ideally - Taker would JOB to someone like John Cena or a MAJORLY built up RVD at Wrestlemania. I just can't see that happening though. There's a less than 1% chance of Taker jobbing to ANYONE at Mania (let alone, a title match).

Still - it's impossible to ignore the fact that Taker jobbing at Mania would significantly increase his opponent's credibility.

I just figured that JBL would have the best chance (since him and Taker are good friends in real life, JBL's been in the company for awhile and has "paid his dues", and Vince McMahon seems high on him as well).

It's still a waste on JBL, UT should job next year.

Innovator
12-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I'd stop watching the WWE at this point. Period.

the_rock's_#1_fan
12-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Taker should have the belt by or at WM21 though, possibly after. :shifty:

What Would Kevin Do?
12-18-2004, 02:25 PM
I stand by my belief that Batista should end the winning streak.

The Answer
12-18-2004, 05:11 PM
JBL has beaten Taker so many times already, so I don't see why another time is necessary even though they have all been clean wins. Taker should only job to Cena or Orton at Wrestlemania before he retires.

Clean wins? Heidenreich and Jordan interfere in every match.Jbl has never beat taker clean I don't think he ever pinned him either

Innovator
12-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Only clean match JBL has had was against Haas

I-Hate-You
12-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Taker will still be wrestling by the time Wrestlemania 34 hits.

And yes, he will still have that goddamn Wrestlemania streak going.

Shadow
12-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Hold on a moment.......

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (you get the point)

What Would Kevin Do?
12-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Only clean match JBL has had was against Haas

Nope, Jordan distracted Haas by going after Jackie and attacking her :)

His only clean win is against Shannon Moore.

Heyman
12-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Nope, Jordan distracted Haas by going after Jackie and attacking her :)

His only clean win is against Shannon Moore.

He beat Spike Dudley cleanly once. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Marcyo
12-21-2004, 09:46 PM
either way he sucks. I hate the gimmick and i want him (JBL) to job to anybody. But Taker shouldn't job to him and end his streak. We all know that when JBL drops the title his gimmick will be completely worthless.

Mr. JL
12-21-2004, 10:14 PM
If the Undertaker has 5 more years left in the WWE... AND he is willing to job at Wrestle Mania, I'd like to see the WWE build it up.

The Undertaker comes out and challenges Angle or JBL, whoever is champion to a match at Mania. He says he has 'NEVER' lost at a Wrestle Mania event and says if he ever does then he will retire and leave wrestling forever.

Have Angle or JBL jump at this offer and write it into the contract. Then, at Wrestle Mania 21 the Undertaker once again wins.

Fast forward to Wrestle Mania 22 and have whoever his opponent is bring up this contract and state that if the Undertaker loses, the contract he signed a year ago is still in effect. Thus, his matches at Mania will have even more importance. Every Mania match is do or die for the Undertaker. And every year the WWE builds it up.

Eventually, when the Undertaker is ready to retire have him do it at a Mania, and have this NEW STAR end the streak and the Undertakers career. Whoever wins will be huge. Not too mention every Wrestle Mania will have us guessing when the Undertaker will retire and lose his streak.

snakeboss
12-22-2004, 06:11 AM
If someone were to put an end to Undertaker, it should be Kane, nothings more powerful than watching brothers fight and watching one destroy the other.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2004, 05:49 AM
If someone were to put an end to Undertaker, it should be Kane, nothings more powerful than watching brothers fight and watching one destroy the other.

Nah, as much as I like Kane, he shouldn't go over Taker. They've lost the effect, and if Taker had the record he has now when he was feuding with Kane, and it was good, then I'd say Kane should win.

Now it should go to a new superstar.

Londoner
12-23-2004, 09:33 AM

I agree. :y:that's how you create stars, and i think this unbeaten streak Taker has, should be used to put over a face.

I think he should lose on the wrestlemania after next,when cena or orton are much more established(or give it to some other face if anyone else is being built up at the time) and he should be heel at the time if possible.

PorkSoda
12-23-2004, 09:41 AM
If Taker does give up his streak, he should do it to someone young and a rising star like Cena, Orton, Edge, or Garrison Cade :yes: Cade's returning in 2005. :wave:

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2004, 03:22 PM
If Taker does give up his streak, he should do it to someone young and a rising star like Cena, Orton, Edge, or Garrison Cade :yes: Cade's returning in 2005. :wave:

Wow, I can see Garrison Cade comin gout and cutting a promo about how he's HBK's prodigy, and he's much tougher to beat than HBK, and he hasn't even entered his prime yet. Undertaker talks about respect and how Shawn Michaels beat Taker. This builds up to WrestleMania where no one believes Garrison has a chance (maybe they'll bring him back as Lance Cade).

Innovator
12-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Yeah so JBL hasn't won clean, only clean match against the M'Fer Shannon Moore and the guy in the Rocky challenge. Great...now lets have him pin cleanly the most dominant guy in the WWE. No dice.

If Taker does give up the streak (which I am 100% against), it would have to be a guy who hasn't main evented before and needs the win. It would be like the Austin/Bret match, where a main eventer helps make the future of the company. Somebody like Haas, Shelton (if he switched shows at some point he'd be my top candidate), Maven, or hell throw in Kane. The match would have to be a fucking battle, I mean bloodshed, both guys struggling to get up to keep on fighting.

juanker
08-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Thats gay!!

Chavo Classic
08-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Do not bump old threads! :mad: