PDA

View Full Version : Richards.

Afterlife
12-17-2004, 03:55 PM
O.K., first, I couldn't really determine where to post this question, so it goes here. If it needs moved, fine. Now on to the post....

Why does Richards put up with WWE? I know they're the "only game in town", TNA being a distant second when it comes to tv, but in all seriousness, I can't see the idea of being on tv as that important to him, seeing as how he's only on Heat. Also, when they do put him on RAW, they give him the worst damn "angle" possible. I mean, there's no arguing, ever since RTC, he's had weak and/or downright stupid attempts at pushes on RAW, and they all end up useless with everyone pretending they didn't happen. So if they keep treating him like shit, why does he stick around? Did he get screwed into some lifetime contract? Or does the company keep telling him, "Sure, Mike, we've got something good planned for you really soon," and then laugh behind his back? I just don't get it. Any thots?

What Would Kevin Do?
12-17-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm sure money has nothing to do with it.

Loose Cannon
12-17-2004, 04:02 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LK
12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
It certainly is a shame to see where he is now. His performance throughout the RTC was nothing short of brilliant. He has the ability but like many the WWE don't want to use it.

Like the other two have said I think the money might be a factor.

The One
12-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Why doesn't he leave? I've got the answer? The almighty dollar. He performs wrestling moves for money. That is his livelyhood. It's what he does for a living. And as it stands right now the WWE is in a position to pay him the most. I don't think he (or most anybody in this business) mind how often he gets a chance to wrestle, on what venue, or in what angle, at the end of the day, so long as WWE keeps sending those checks he will continue to be a happy man.

Afterlife
12-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, maybe it's just me, but if I was being paid to NOT do what I live for, I may be a wealthy man, but I wouldn't necessarily be too happy.

Loose Cannon
12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
what? Look:

What was his career goal? To be a wrestler right?

What do you think his ultimate goal was? To work for the biggest wrestling company in the world.

What is the biggest wrestling company in the world? WWE

To say he's not doing what he's lived for is nuts.

Loose Cannon
12-21-2004, 12:26 PM
it's like in baseball for most guys. Some guys could be stars on the Devil Rays, but thier ultimate goal is to be a Yankee, no matter if they are just bench warmers there.

Mr. Nerfect
12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
what? Look:

What was his career goal? To be a wrestler right?

What do you think his ultimate goal was? To work for the biggest wrestling company in the world.

What is the biggest wrestling company in the world? WWE

To say he's not doing what he's lived for is nuts.

His goal may have been to be WWE Champion, or to be a main eventer, or to start up his own company. He's probably happy in the company, but to say where he is now is his dream is a bit short-sighted.

Loose Cannon
12-21-2004, 05:42 PM
well, I read his main goal was to make it to the WWE. And he says he's accomplished everything he wanted to accomplish. H knew he would porbably never be champion in a company like WWE, but he made it to the big stage and that was enough for him.

ColdwaVer
12-21-2004, 05:58 PM
The answer to this question can be gleaned from a very simple test. Find a hundred random wrestling fans on the street and ask them if they recognize the following names:
AJ Styles
Monty Brown
Ron Killings
Steven Richards
Bottom line: I'd be more than willing to bet that more people saw Steven Richards get eliminated from the Battle Royal a few weeks ago than ever saw the other three in a TNA main event, maybe even put together.
I'm sure Richards' biggest dream in life wasn't to be the most recognized undercard wrestler on Raw, but there really isn't much opportunity to ascend elsewhere. As a big fan of his, if I thought for a second he could become a legendary star somewhere else, I'd be all for it, but I can certainly see how someone would take any job in WWE over WCW2... erm I mean TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
12-21-2004, 07:14 PM
well, I read his main goal was to make it to the WWE. And he says he's accomplished everything he wanted to accomplish. H knew he would porbably never be champion in a company like WWE, but he made it to the big stage and that was enough for him.

Oh OK. Sounds good, I'd be more than happy being a WWE employee. To be honest the spotlight would be fairly intimidating. The pressure and such. Richards apparantly has Vince McMahon on his side, so right now he's got job security, decent talents and a well-paying job. As long as he's happy, I cannot dock the man points.

Personally I think winning the IC Title would be a great goal for ichards to work towards, though.

Corkscrewed
12-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Watching the ECW tape, one of the extras was Richards apologizing for being an ass early in his career with ECW, and stuff like that.

Maybe he feels he's gotta atone for that sort of stuff, and/or he feels it's a sort of duty to put up with the WWE and wait for his spot, hoping that he'll get his break sometime.

Or it's the cash.