PDA

View Full Version : Support bands that have ruined a gig

El Vaquero de Infierno
12-23-2004, 03:20 PM
So I found out earlier on in the week that goddamn Diamond Head are supporting Megadeth for the UK dates of their tour, which has put a whole downer on the night that I'm going to see them... and we're still over 2 months away from it yet.

Ahhhhhh well, on the bright side, I can always cut out the vocalist's voice-box with something blunt and rusty. :naughty:

Anyways, on to the topic. What gigs have you been to that have been spoilt by the scum-sucking support act. For me it will have to be, Cave In (I spit that name), who supported Foo Fighters back in '02. 45 minutes of pure torture... I know it was 45 minutes we had to suffer them, as I was watching the clock slowly tick away. It was one of those times when you wished you had a couple of RC-P90's at hand... it would of been glorious.

What about you?

The Destroyer
12-23-2004, 03:58 PM
God, stop going on about that already. :mad:

Bad supports = merch stand and bar time. No reason to be an idiot and watch them if they're shit.

Mike the Metal Ed
12-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Support acts can't ruin a gig, only a crap headling band can.

But FFAF supporting Maiden, when the Americans got Dio and Motörhead? :n:

asphyXy
12-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Diamond Head rules. What the fuck is your problem?

asphyXy
12-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Whenever Hatebreed opens for Slayer, it doesn't make any sense. I just show up later on.

El Vaquero de Infierno
12-23-2004, 05:30 PM
God, stop going on about that already. :mad:

They left a lasting impression upon me... A BAD ONE! :rant: :p

The Destroyer
12-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Whenever Hatebreed opens for Slayer, it doesn't make any sense. I just show up later on.
Personally I think Crowbar opening for Hatebreed in the UK next year makes less sense. :p

Boomer
12-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Northern State (?) opened up for Cake and they were by far the worst thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Imagine the Beastie Girls with band members that play their insturments like monkeys could.

That's the only way I can put it :(

Cake still ruled though. It made up for it.

The Mask
12-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Elbow supporting muse were absolutely terrible. If i was any closer to the stage i would've heckled them to fuck.

Chicks on speed supporting the chili's was absolutely godawful too, but james brown made up for that.

James Brown is fucking awesome.

Vastardikai
12-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Personally I think Crowbar opening for Hatebreed in the UK next year makes less sense. :p

Hatebreed should open for Crowbar, and Sammy should be back on Guitar, but that's ok.

Acid Bath = :y:

I'd argue they were one of the most evil bands I have ever heard. Pick up When the Kite String Pops, that album art was basically some paintings by John Wayne Gacy, and some of the most evil lyrics around. Personal Favorites are "Jezebel," "Scream of the Butterfly," "Fingerpaintings of the Insane," and "God Machine."

Just sucks that Audie Pitre died, this was a killer band.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I saw GUns and Roses, and CKY opened for them.. CKY was literally booed off the stage.

Eunos
12-26-2004, 05:29 PM
We don't really need Chimara supporting Lacuna Coil and In Flames tomorrow night.

DegenerationY
12-26-2004, 08:58 PM
The Dwarves. If I hear that fucking bald asshole say "oh fuck yeah" one more time, i'm going to slit somebody's throat.

They played in between High on Fire and The Melvins. They killed it :(

LK
12-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Chicks on speed supporting the chili's was absolutely godawful too, but james brown made up for that.

James Brown is fucking awesome.
No luck. When I saw the Chili's at Murrayfield we got Ash supporting them who were awesome.

As far as bad support bands go, some band called Lateo or something like that were unbelievably crap. Really did ruin that night. While Idlewild were good they just couldn't recover from Lateo.

The Destroyer
12-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Shame NERD had to come after Ash, eh?

And I've seen Laeto before too, they didn't seem that bad...

fonzy
12-29-2004, 04:31 PM
nerd are a million times better than ash.

wtf's your problem baird :@

fonzy
12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
and you people don't know the meaning of bad support band, until you've seen/heard schism

TWICE I'VE HAD TO SIT THROUGH THEM

The Destroyer
12-29-2004, 04:48 PM
To be fair, NERD weren't exactly bad, they just weren't my cup of tea. Didn't help I knew a grand total of one of their songs either.

DegenerationY
12-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Hatebreed should open for Crowbar, and Sammy should be back on Guitar, but that's ok.

Acid Bath = :y:

I'd argue they were one of the most evil bands I have ever heard. Pick up When the Kite String Pops, that album art was basically some paintings by John Wayne Gacy, and some of the most evil lyrics around. Personal Favorites are "Jezebel," "Scream of the Butterfly," "Fingerpaintings of the Insane," and "God Machine."

Just sucks that Audie Pitre died, this was a killer band.

I love you.
:love::love::love::love:

Wolverine
12-31-2004, 12:11 AM
The band didn't ruin the concert for me simply cuz the concert is one of the best I ever saw overall...Tool rocks...

But when I saw em, a band named Fantamos opend up for em and man they sucked so bad that the whole crowd started chanting 'get off the stage'. They weren't music in my opinion, no true flow to a song, just instrumants bein played at random intervals, with some guy pointing to them.

DegenerationY
12-31-2004, 03:05 AM
Fantomas are awesome, shut the fuck up :mad:

Bazooka
12-31-2004, 03:19 AM
I saw GUns and Roses, and CKY opened for them.. CKY was literally booed off the stage.
Camp Kill Yourself is awesomeness. Guns and Roses should be opening for CKY. They're also the origionaters of Jackass. And if you listen to CKY or read they're lyrics you could understand their talent. Honestly they tell the best stories in their music and are just overall one of my favourite bands.

Haven't really been to many concerts though but I don't think opening acts will ruin the show. Positive music always overcomes the negative music unless you're sitting there listening to Celine Dion for a few hours before a band such as Pantera is to preform.

Jonster
12-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Elbow supporting muse were absolutely terrible. If i was any closer to the stage i would've heckled them to fuck.
Thanks for reminding me :'(

The Destroyer
12-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Fantomas are awesome, shut the fuck up :mad:
When are you going to have my babies? :(

Mike the Metal Ed
12-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh yeah, we had Skew Siskin supporting Motörhead in 2002, utter shite.

Anthrax made up for it though. :cool:

thecc
12-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Personally I think Crowbar opening for Hatebreed in the UK next year makes less sense. :p That probally for newer kids getting into more extreme music. They probally would know hatebreed better than crowbar. This could also turn more people onto crowbar. Thats just my theory. Besides hatebreed puts on a good live show.

DaveWadding
12-31-2004, 05:29 PM
normally when there's a bad support band I just ignore them/go have a cigarette.

Anyways, the worst support band I can think of was Cauterize (supporting Cold/Evanescence, August 2003)... Gavin DeGraw and Rooney were pretty sucktacular too (Michelle Branch, April 04)...and then there are bands at fesitivals which make me want to hurl.

TheNamelessOne
12-31-2004, 06:05 PM
I've seen Yellowcard and Zebrahead support bands this year. Plus, im going to see Green Day in January and New Found Glory and Simple Plan are going to be supporting apparently.

I would much rather listen to the death rattle of my only child that listen to any of those supports.

Ska-Wars
12-31-2004, 06:38 PM
The AKAs and Yellowcard supported Less Than Jake back in May and were both fucking terrible, I have never been so bored at a gig.

And Hungry and the Hunted supported King Prawn in 2003 and were utter bollocks too.

DegenerationY
12-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah, I saw New Found Glory open up for Green Day a few weeks back. They made my ears want to knife themselves to death. The singer's voice is terrible.

Good thing I missed Sugarcult too.

The Destroyer
12-31-2004, 07:30 PM
I sometimes find it hard to believe that one of New Found Glory's guitarists was once in Shai Hulud. :-\

thecc
01-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I sometimes find it hard to believe that one of New Found Glory's guitarists was once in Shai Hulud. :-\I don't due to the fact that chad never wrote anything in the band.

Danny Electric
01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I never got to see Shai Hulud live, really pisses me off.
Bad support acts, Godhead supporting Marilyn Manson in 2001.

JJ Moore
01-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Chick's on speed supporting the Chili's, James Brown made up for it

thecc
01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
I never got to see Shai Hulud live, really pisses me off.
I Saw their last show with Geert :cool:

House of Pancakes
01-06-2005, 08:09 PM
The band didn't ruin the concert for me simply cuz the concert is one of the best I ever saw overall...Tool rocks...

But when I saw em, a band named Fantamos opend up for em and man they sucked so bad that the whole crowd started chanting 'get off the stage'. They weren't music in my opinion, no true flow to a song, just instrumants bein played at random intervals, with some guy pointing to them.

well, you're just a fucking dumbass.