PDA

View Full Version : Classic PPV Discussion: Wrestlemania 15

Ricky
01-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Been watching this PPV today. Still am actually. Reminds me of how good the Attitude era was.

What did you think of this PPV?

Also vote in the poll to say wether you give it thumbs up or thumbs down.

Boondock Saint
01-07-2004, 02:15 PM
This was the first PPV I saw, actually. I had just gotten into wrestling around the week after the St. Valentines Day Massacre. So this PPV has sentimental value to me. Aw. Austin/Rock was a good match. Triple H turning on X-Pac/DX and joining the Corporation was shocking and cool. The other matches were decent, I'd say.

born angry
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
i would say thumbs up but this ppv was sold purely and simply on the main event the rest of the card was pretty average and the hell in the cell was horrible

Ricky
01-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I think if you're after great wrestling matches then you probably wouldn't find it all that great. But if you're into all the soap opera stuff as well then it's an awesome PPV IMO.

The CyNick
01-07-2004, 03:11 PM
This PPV was actually a lot like PPVs from the Hogan era. You had a very frogettable undercard, and then the main event stole the show. Difference with this one, was that at least Austin-Rock was a really good match, unlike all Hogan matches.

I liked Shane-Pac, I think that match told a good story, and the buildup with the Posse was some funny ass stuff.

I recall Show-Foley being bad, as was the HIAC match. Honestly I cant even remember half of that card, which probably says how good (or not so good) it was.

Loose Cannon
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
One match stole the show for me at this PPV and it wasn't the Austin-Rock match. The Shane-X-pac European title match was the best on the card and the best Euro title match ever IMO. There was some terrific storytelling in this match as you had the hero , X-pac, trying to once and for all put a stop to the spoiled rich kid. X-pac had to overcome so much in this match with Test and the Mean Street Posse getting involved every five minutes. Then finally, when it seemed like Pac would pull off the victory, his best friends, HHH and Chyna, turn on him and join the Corporation. HHH pulls Shane on top of Pac for the pin. Just a great all around match IMO.

John la Rock
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Man it feels good to reminise on Attitude era :)

I thought Wrestlemania XV was just an ok PPV though but it didn't even come close to topping Wrestlemania XIV.

Mania 15 did have some classic moments that I will never forget. Rock/Austin told a great story and it was one of the best matches of 1999. This match proved that Rock could handle the main event pressure and establish himself as one of the all time greats :y:

I also liked Triple H turning heel and dumping D-Generation-X to go to Vince's Corporation. It was a total shock, and enabled HHH to go on to bigger things as heel.

Ah Memories :drool: