PDA

View Full Version : WWE New Year's Revolution Match+Card Predictions

Somebody's Gotta Die
12-30-2004, 01:27 PM
WWE New Year's Revolution
(Presented By WWE RAW - GM: Eric Bischoff)

World Heavyweight Championship
Vacant Title - Elimination Chamber Match (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)
Triple H vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit

- This one is close... Orton wins the title at the end when the final 3 are Batista, Orton & HHH... Orton eliminates HHH and HHH goes after HBK... HBK ducks and he takes out Batista... Batista stumbles up and gets the RKO for Orton to pin Batista winning the title... This sets up an Orton-HHH rematch for the Royal Rumble and an Orton-Batista-HHH Triple Threat match at Wrestlemania for the title...

Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
Shelton Benjamin (champion) vs. Maven

- Benjamin retains the title in about 8 minutes with a quick suplex/slam combo... Maven goes through a fit after the match and attacks Benjamin and attacks him with a chair...

World Tag-Team Championship
Eugene & William Regal (champions) vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko

- Tomko & Christian gain the victory with a huge performance from Tomko and must battle Rhyno & Tajiri on RAW the next night... About 12 minutes...

World Women's Championship
Grudge Return Match
Lita (champion) vs. Trish Stratus

- Lita retains the title in a close match... Give it about 7-8 minutes...

Grudge Return Match
Kane (w/Lita) vs. Gene Snitsky

- Kane returns with Lita to a huge ovation... He crushes Snitsky and proceeds to pin him in about 12 minutes...

Special Challenge Match
Muhammad Hassan (w/Khosrow Daivari) vs. Jerry Lawler (w/Jim Ross)

- Hassan wins and proceeds to run down America... Give this whole thing about 12 minutes...

Impromtu Challenge Match
Simon Dean vs. Val Venis

- Quick opener... Simon Dean cheats to win... About 5-6 minutes...

Sunday Night HEAT

#1 Contendership - Tag-Team Championship - Triple Threat Match
La Resistance vs. Tajiri & Rhyno vs. Hurricane & Rosey

- Tajiri & Rhyno win this match and get a shot at the winner of the tag match later... About 6-7 minutes...

Mr. Nerfect
12-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Good card, I agree with most of it. A few things are different in my mind.

Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Randy Orton picks up the victory over Triple H. I don't know why, but the way he cut his promo on RAW was very Rock-esque in the way it promised us a victory. I would have gone with any other guy but Orton heading into the PPV, but I just can't bet against Orton since RAW, which is a mystery to me.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair
Winner: Shelton Benjamin via pinfall. I would have put Maven in here, but I'm hopnig for a title change at WrestleMania, so you may as well keep Maven/Benjamin fresh until then. Flair goes the clean job to a Mr. Exploder.

Grudge Match
Muhammad Hassan vs. Mick Foley
Winner: Muhammad Hassan via pinfall. Muhammad picks up a strong singles win, and manages to make it look like a squash while doing so. Hassan doesn't even seem to be out of breath.

Grudge Match
Kane vs. Gene Snitsky
Winner: Gene Snitsky via disqualification. Kane comes out with a new outfit an destroys Gene, and Lita, and then whacks Snitsky with a steel chair. Kane then does the second-rope stomp onto Snitsky throat with the chair, and Tombstones him on it.

WWE Women's Championship
Lita vs. Trish Stratus
Winner: Trish Stratus via pinfall. Christian & Tyson Tomko help her pick up the victory.

World Tag Team Championship
William Regal & Eugene vs. The Christian Solution
Winners: Christian & Tyson Tomko via pinfall. Tomko pins Eugene with his spinning rack neckbreaker finisher. Maven helps the heels win.

Tag Team Turmoil
Simon Dean & Maven vs. Rhyno & Tajiri vs. The Hurricane & Rosey vs. La Resistance vs. Val Venis & Steven Richards
Winners: Val Venis & Steven Richards via pinfall. Have Maven & Simon Dean be the runners-up. VV & SR get a tag title shot the next night on RAW.

Sunday Night Heat
Singles Match
Viscera vs. Shawn Michaels
Winner: Shawn Michaels via pinfall.

Singles Match
Molly Holly vs. Victoria
Winner: Victoria via pinfall.

Tornado
12-30-2004, 05:44 PM
NYR is next sunday right?
If so, expect the first official 2005 Predictions Thread up on Friday/Saturday/As soon as Card is set.

Somebody's Gotta Die
12-31-2004, 12:05 AM
I don't know about making legends job to random newcomers... And these tag turmoil matches never end up really happening and it doesn't seem necessary for any matches that are clustered together with the Elimination Chamber on the card... And HBK-Viscera on HEAT? haha... Naw, not going down...

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't know about making legends job to random newcomers... And these tag turmoil matches never end up really happening and it doesn't seem necessary for any matches that are clustered together with the Elimination Chamber on the card... And HBK-Viscera on HEAT? haha... Naw, not going down...

Probably not, but the WWE needs to generate a buzz around Heat. If they put Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair with Ricky Steamboat as the special guest referee, I'm sure there would be more ratings. Putting Shawn Michaels on Heat is a good start.

The CyNick
01-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Heat needs 18 months of shows with storyline advancement before that number is going anywhere.

I think the card mentioned in the first post is pretty much right. With the exception of the Simon Dean match, I just dont see Val getting on a PPV card. He's never on TV, so why would they give him a match out of nowhere?

I cant see them doing more than 7 matches, because the EC will likely be quite long. Although, looking at the rest of the potential matches, its hard to see another match that can be counted on to go 15-20 minutes. I hope to God they dont give that spot to Maven and Benjamin, but then who else is there? Snitcky and Kane?

As for the results:

The safe money when the World Title is involved is to go with HHH. Although I could also see Orton winning, just because it would be tough to sell him as a babyface challenger going into Mania when he just blew an opportunity a couple of months prior. Of course he could always get screwed, but I think if they are serious about him, he needs to start looking strong. Having Orton win the title in what is sure to be a white hot crowd, is not the worst thing in the world for his push either.

Gotta figure Benjamin will retain over Maven

Kane should beat Snitsky to get his win back

Lita should retain her belt because she's on a role. Although who will she program with next?

I could see Tomko and Christian taking the tag titles, just because they are useless on Eugene and Regal.

And if they were to have Lawler beat Hassan, well that would be....par for the course actually. Obviously Hassan has to win.

I dont see Foley involved in this show, but who knows, they could get desperate.