PDA

View Full Version : Raw Notes, questions, and other discussion (SPOILERS?)

tucsonspeed6
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I have a few things I was a bit confused about on Raw last night.

Firstly, I'd like to say that this may be spoilers, but I'm not sure, because I thought I heard JR say something about it being 2:00 AM in Great Britain, and he welcomed the British viewers to the show. Is Raw being aired live in England now? And if so, every time I mention anything Raw related from now on do I still have to put "Spoilers" on it? Because some british viewers may have to tape it and watch it at a later date.

Next, I understand that sometimes wrestlers botch moves, and last night seemed no exception with Sylvan Grenier, but then after the pinfall, he begged forgiveness from Rob Conway, giving his opponent the upper hand. Anyone know what that was about? I have a feeling I already know the answer, though....and it involves Vince McMahon keeping up to date on the Sean Waltman website (it's his favorite after TPWW, of course)

And what was the deal with Eugene's Motivation? I figured Red was gonna give him a Blowjob or something, but she came back like two seconds later. I"m thinking that with that tube top she was wearing, she either flashed Eugene, or she was actually going to attempt the BJ, but Eugene is a full fledged member of the "9 1/2 second club". And what's the deal with the CD? Did ANYONE in the audience know what the hell song that was? My guess is that whatever boy band was on that cd has a deal going with McMahon to win a battle royal for the world championship at WM21...or maybe Vince was playing with his new "Alienation Ray" that he just got. He found it in Ultimate Warrior's locker along with other stuff that came over from the WCW buy like an Ed Leslie shaped blowup doll, dozens of smoke bombs, and a eerie mirror that he screamed at for at least twenty minutes, though Bischoff saw nothing in it. :shifty:

Oh, and was anybody else NOT surprised by Kane's entrance minus the pyros?
I had a thread where somebody asked me what Lita botching the task of "lighting a candle" would look like... My reply is "Something like THAT!" Seriously though, speaking of that match, Snitsky said beforehand that he had a surprise for Maria, and then he sniffed her. Or maybe he told her a secret, then sniffed her. I don't know. It was weird, though. Maybe he did tell her a secret, because then she ran away. (I think the secret followed by the sniffing reminded her to put on some Secret deoderant. Maria (staring down at a oval plastic tube): "You had me as 'strong enough for a man!'") Then Snitsky looked in the camera and told Kane he had a surprise for HIM TOO! I don't know about you, folks, but kicking babies and sniffing 350 lb men is not my idea of a good gimmick.

And PLEASE, PLEASE, I'm begging somebody to please get me side-by-side pics of JR getting choked after the debate and Jabba the Hutt getting choked to death by Princess Leia. It is my dying wish to see the two in one place.

Ok, I guess that's it. Make fun of any other stupid things you've seen on wrestling recently in this thread.

Shaggy
01-04-2005, 11:25 PM
That song was Rumours by Lindsay Logan....they mentioned when the whole thing started and Eugene had the cd player.

Nervous Ferret
01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
LOL Shaggy. *listens to Rumors by Lindsey Lohan* :shifty:

.44 Magdalene
01-04-2005, 11:57 PM
LOL Shaggy. *listens to Rumors by Lindsey Lohan* :shifty:

You'd be shocked at how hard to find that song is on Kazaa (without getting blanked or glitched versions). Don't ask why I've tried. For the love of God, please don't ask.

I listen to Metallica and Slayer.

Anyway. Christy probably implanted HHH's mind control device into Eugene's brain. "Motivation" my ass.

The pyros caught me off guard, but seemed totally anti-climactic. Even the people in the ring were like "... :-\ ?" Kane's entrance even moreso. It wasn't shocking, it wasn't energetic...he just...walked in. Then he spread good cheer like some kind of fiery Santa Claus. :wtf: They've taken his mask...now they've taken his balls. They'll probably put a funny hat on him sometime in the near future...

Commentator fueds = Pointless. They should have a real wrestler rush in to save JR. I know it's physically impossible, but I swear to God, I kept expecting to hear the glass break and Steve Austin rush down. I dunno. JR getting choked...by a foreigner...two on one situation. Meh. It was hard to tell myself it wasn't gonna happen. I don't even LIKE Austin that much. It just felt appropriate for some reason.

If King beats Hassan, I'm going to throw up.

I have a friend that looks almost exactly like Jim Ross. What's more, his name is Pat Rost. What's more than that, WE LIVE. IN MOTHER F'ING. OKLAHOMA. Gives me chills thinking about it. I'll try to get a picture of Patrick sometime in the near future.

tucsonspeed6
01-05-2005, 12:14 AM
The pyros caught me off guard, but seemed totally anti-climactic. Even the people in the ring were like "... :-\ ?" Kane's entrance even moreso. It wasn't shocking, it wasn't energetic...he just...walked in. Then he spread good cheer like some kind of fiery Santa Claus. :wtf: They've taken his mask...now they've taken his balls. They'll probably put a funny hat on him sometime in the near future...

I swear somebody in the back fucked up and the pyro went off early. There was no reason for it to go off during the match. And the fact that it didn't go off when he came out for real only backs it up

(Vince: "I'm sorry, Glen...these things are expensive, and unless you start shooting fire out of your hands again, you're gonna have to live with one a week."
Kane: "Um...that was just flash paper..."
Vince: "Flash paper? God no! I can't be spending that kind of money on any old jobber--"
Kane: "Upper-midcard, sir"
Vince: "Ahem....jobber. As I was saying, it's expensive. Who do you think we are? The XFL?" )

Sometimes, though, I often wonder about it. What if they had gone off on time? Would the crowd start chanting "E-C-Dub!" for no reason? Would he Kane win the championship with his mere superhuman pyro-enforced presence? And what if the ring pyros had gone off? Surely Lita would sense it like Spiderman and would immediately jump on to the turnbuckle for a swanton bomb. I can see the flaming Lita now...

(Lita in flames: "The ultimate botch! I am in my element!" And suddenly she too joins the ranks of super-human yet still totally inept women and starts going out with Sean Waltman.

My pee-pee small to hers. She got big one. NO BATH! NO BATH!

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2005, 12:20 AM
I feel sorry for Kane. Why couldn't he returned fully covered, with a bad ass attitude, with good throwing chairs around. Or calmly Chokeslamming Lita and taking the Women's belt just for the sake of it.

tucsonspeed6
01-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Or a new look to go with his new gimmick? He could keep the black and red if that's what defines him, just not be the same evil Kane who came back from an injury to be good now. A change in his look would have made Snitsky's newly formed cowardice seem more real, like what would have happened with Taker if he didn't come back as Walker Texas Ranger.

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Or a new look to go with his new gimmick? He could keep the black and red if that's what defines him, just not be the same evil Kane who came back from an injury to be good now. A change in his look would have made Snitsky's newly formed cowardice seem more real, like what would have happened with Taker if he didn't come back as Walker Texas Ranger.

I agree, I'd give him a new mask, with a black robe and sort of evenly coloured red & black attire.