PDA

View Full Version : Roster Re-Draft?

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
There is a plan to redraft the rosters after WrestleMania, according to various sources. What does everyone think about this? How would you redraft the rosters? Do it by competely rearranging them? Change the shows? Have the titles swap? Just five to RAW, five to SD!? Have the World Heavyweight Champion and WWE Champion swap? Or a combination of all these things?

How far deep would you redraft the WWE? I have a idea how I'd do it, but I'm curious as to how everyone else would.

I personally think Carlito should be on RAW (with Jesus), and the cruiserweight division should go to RAW. Maybe you could have the WH, IC, CW and Women's on RAW, while you have the WWE, US, TT and Hardcore on SD!? I'd liek to see Heat and Velocity swap brands as well.

Anyway, what does everyone else think about the current/future rosters? Who should be together? Who should be seperated? Who should commentate?

Innovator
01-04-2005, 10:14 PM
if they make it an annual thing I'd be for it, kinda like a small off-season for the rosters.

Bo
01-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Or how about after the rumble have inter show matches sorta like inter leauge play till after mania and if someone wins a title from a different show they stay there till they loose or keep them on the roster for sure.

I E : Kurt Angle wins world title he stays on Raw as long as he is champion.

Shaggy
01-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I think they should move a few as long as they keep John Cena and Undertaker on Smackdown. I dont really like Cena that much and I would rather have it that he doesnt clog up my raw time.

Volchok
01-04-2005, 11:00 PM
I really dont see the need to change up the Rosters.. the whole point of the split in the first place was to have 2 brands, not to change them every year... it defeats the whole purpose.. but if they do anything just switch 5 wrestlers from each...

The CyNick
01-04-2005, 11:10 PM
I think at least one SD main event guy has to go to RAW, and about 3 main eventers needs to go the other way. Maybe only two, if Lesnar ends up coming back as a full timer.

Just look at the rosters, and you'll see that both sides are virtually out of matches that people are willing to pay to see.

One of the benefits of the brand extension is that you keep people from facing one another, so that down the road you can put them together and it will seem fresh. As an example, Taker-HHH has been done many many times, but I think it would seem somewhat fresh if they did it now.

The last plan I heard was to put the world titles on Cena and Orton and then swap them. I dont like that idea, but thats whats being reported.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I think in principle, the current rosters are mostly fine, but a few changes would be good.

RAW to SmackDown!
1. Stacy Keibler
2. Chris Jericho
3. Shawn Michaels
4. Randy Orton (World Heavyweight Champion)
5. Simon Dean
6. The Hurricane
7. Rhyno
8. Tajiri
9. Jerry Lawler
10. Rosey

SmackDown! to RAW
1. Eddie Guerrero
2. John Cena (WWE Champion)
3. Rene Dupree
4. Kenzo Suzuki
5. Tazz
6. Michelle McCool
7. Billy Kidman
8. Carlito Caribbean Cool
9. Jesus
10. Luther Reigns

The CyNick
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Carlito would die on SD, he's actually quite small.

Loose Cannon
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
You got to create new top level feuds with the roster switch. I wouldn't worry about the mid cards all that much. I mean Matt Hardy, A-Train, Chuckie P, Rhyno and others switched this year and nobody cared. Guys like HHH, HBK, Cena, Orton, Benoit, Eddie, Taker, Kane, Batista, Jericho, X-tian, Edge, Show, Angle should be the main focus of the switches.

If it was me, well... I'd just put Eddie, Angle, Taker, Show, Cena, and CCC on Raw and give Smackdown all those guys I didn't list above. Except keep Hassan, Eugene and Regal

haha, I hate Smackdown :cool:

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Carlito would die on SD, he's actually quite small.

On RAW, I'd keep him away form action for a while, joni up unofficially with Triple H, and keep Jesus as a bodyguard. He wouldn't really need to get into many brawls, and the only time we'd seem him in action is in his matches.

The One
01-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Whatever they do...keep Randy Orton on RAW and John Cena on SmackDown...the longer we can build these guys up as the franchise of their perspective brands, the better their inevitable match will be...

My only thinking would be to send Jericho to SmackDown...get him away from Hunter, that's all I ask.

Rob
01-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Christian, William Regal and Shane Helms (without the gimmick) to Smackdown immediately.

John Cena, Billy Kidman, Dawn Marie, Taker and Paul Heyman to Raw

Also would get Stephanie McMahon back as GM asap.

Boondock Saint
01-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Jericho and HBK to SD I'd say most definitely.

Boondock Saint
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Jericho and HBK to SD I'd say most definitely. Possibly Christian too? He's awesome on RAW but will he go any further there, really? Could he prosper better on SD?

Volchok
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
JUST KEEP BATISTA AND ORTON ON RAW, thats all i ask because i can never watch Smackdown and i dont have TiVo to tape it every week..

PorkSoda
01-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Maybe they should just end the split altogether.

I can't think of anything right now about draft picks :( :cool:

Joe Kerr
01-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I liked how it was before. One champ who went to both Shows. Im sure thats out of the question so redraft

Boondock Saint
01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
I liked the one champ thing too.

Was there an actual non-storyline reason they scrapped that? Just so HHH could have a title or something?

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2005, 08:26 PM

Was there an actual non-storyline reason they scrapped that? Just so HHH could have a title or something?

Yeah, I think it was to seperate the rosters more and try to get them running on whatever fuel they have. Big whoop that did. I think travel might have been involved as well. Lesnar didn't like travel, so maybe his complaints started earlier than we thought?

The CyNick
01-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Honestly, thats basically what it was.

The original plan was tto have just one champion. HHH was going to have to be next to JOB to Lesnar after Taker. And they had planned on putting the IC title on HHH, which would have put the IC title in main events, while Lesnar was working programs on SD with Taker.

HHH didn't like the idea of being IC champ, so he started pushing the idea of having a World Champ for each brand.

The rest is history.

Anybody Thrilla
01-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Damn that HHH.

Rob
01-06-2005, 03:18 PM
For the record, if they scrapped the roster split, half the WWE talent would be fired tomorrow.

Dave Youell
01-06-2005, 03:30 PM
For the record, if they scrapped the roster split, half the WWE talent would be fired tomorrow.
:y:

GODSON
01-06-2005, 03:53 PM
To Raw
Rey, they are ready to get him away from the cruiserweights anyway
Angle, he did everything possible on SD except a fued and match against RVD
Akio,reunite him with Tajiri
Dawn Marie, I think she can be decent in the ring if they let her
Hardcore Holly, Raw is more like his style

To Smackdown
Batista, make the Evolution break up final
Jericho, he been on Raw too long and he is not going anywhere(I hope he wins the elimination chamber)
Christian, doing nothing on Raw worthwhile
Stacy, no more Test so this is the perfect time to switch
Hurricane, get him in the Cruiserweight division

I want HBK to go to Smackdown but he wants to be with HHH.

Disturbed316
01-06-2005, 05:53 PM
If they are going to do a re-draft, then it should be a complete re-draft. Not 5 picks, that was just gay, but have a complete overhaul of Raw and Smackdown rosters.

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
If they are going to do a re-draft, then it should be a complete re-draft. Not 5 picks, that was just gay, but have a complete overhaul of Raw and Smackdown rosters.

That's what I hope they do. :y:

I wonder if they'll make the draft fair this time, though?

Boondock Saint
01-06-2005, 10:38 PM

I hope so. When Vince said that EVERYONE was eligible to be drafted, it made me think they may actually make this lottery worthwhile.

And I didn't quite care about any of them (kind of surprised Dupree left La Resistance but that's about it). Then when HHH was drafted I was like HOLY SHIT! And I actually thought they were serious about it because since Cena chose the lottery ball, I thought they may do a Cena/HHH feud.

But alas, they messed it up.

Innovator
01-06-2005, 10:46 PM
I see HHH and Flair staying together and picking new members of Evolution, maybe Jindrak can get some better exposure or heyman forbid Paul London.

Marcyo
01-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Well, I just hope they don't reunite both rosters. Cuz like Rob said, all the guys who survived the roster cuts (ie Steven Richards, Hardcore Holly and Akio) would be fired before we know it. Not that I really care about them but if every wrestlers were on one show, there wouldn't be enough TV time for them all (Cena's battle raps, for instance). So please, Mr McMahon, don't be stupid and keep your ratings high.

Rob
01-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Mr McMahon's ratings aren't high now dude.

darkpower
01-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Hmm...since I would love to have both brands succeeding, and people caring about both brands (though Vince, I know, will just let SmackDown go and build up RAW's roster as WAY TOO powerful), plus the point of the extension was to have Vince competing with himself with two strong brands, and instead we got mom & pop store (SmackDown) competing against, well, WAL-MART (RAW).

They HAVE to fix this with this draft lottery. And I liked the way they did it last time. Gave a possible sense of teams getting broken up again and all of that. Plus, new faces with the sense of still being able for the fans to keep brand loyalty.

Anyway, I would do it this way. Do the five lottery picks, but make things interesting, like, throw in some twists and catches. Like have one GM be able to veto one and ONLY one of the other's picks, and that means the other GM would have to draw again, but the vetoer would not be able to veto again once he does so. Also, along with the lottery picks, give a sixth one that is GM choice, anyone that they want to trade that McMahon thinks is a fair trade will be done.

But assuming that my suggestions never come true anyway and they do the way they did last year:

To RAW:
1. Big Show
2. Rey Mysterio (CW too many times, needs some fresh competition)
3. Shannon Moore
4. One of the Bashams (just to break up a team)
5. Billy Kidman

To SmackDown:
1. Edge (to go back to his old brand)
2. Shawn Michaels (the big shaker of the night)
3. Eugine (to seal the deal with Eric not wanting to have to deal with him anymore)
4. The Hurricane
5. Hussan (he could EASILY make a stable with Susuki and Dupree EASILY with his gimmick).

Of course, I want to have them balance out both brands, and this would be the way to do it. Fix RAW's mid card while doing something about SD's main event picture.

Hired Hitman
01-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Raw is the main brand and Smackdown is the 'build-these-wrestlers-into-stars' Brand

Evolution
01-09-2005, 05:50 PM
I've noticed people saying "don't do just a select few, complete overhaul!"

So you want the entire RAW roster to go to SD and Vice Versa? Or you want them to go through all 90 guys on the show saying you go here you go here.

Here's my thoughts:

They put a list of all the guys on the TitanTron (maybe brand at a time) and go through it one by one, alphabetically. They have a Bingo Ball machine loaded with 45 red balls and 45 blue balls. They draw the balls one by one and decide where guys go like that. (Red being RAW and blue being SD!).

So it might go something like: Al Snow... BLUE! Akio...RED! Kurt Angle... RED! Charlie Haas... BLUE! Tazz... RED! etcetera etcetera.

That way everyone is up for grabs and then not even the writers know what is going to happen, so they can create feuds on a wing and a prayer and see how it goes. We may get Cena and Orton on one show, they might be separate still.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I've noticed people saying "don't do just a select few, complete overhaul!"

So you want the entire RAW roster to go to SD and Vice Versa? Or you want them to go through all 90 guys on the show saying you go here you go here.

Here's my thoughts:

They put a list of all the guys on the TitanTron (maybe brand at a time) and go through it one by one, alphabetically. They have a Bingo Ball machine loaded with 45 red balls and 45 blue balls. They draw the balls one by one and decide where guys go like that. (Red being RAW and blue being SD!).

So it might go something like: Al Snow... BLUE! Akio...RED! Kurt Angle... RED! Charlie Haas... BLUE! Tazz... RED! etcetera etcetera.

That way everyone is up for grabs and then not even the writers know what is going to happen, so they can create feuds on a wing and a prayer and see how it goes. We may get Cena and Orton on one show, they might be separate still.

That sounds like the way to go, but I'd have it rigged so they can control who goes where.

Hired Hitman
01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
It will be better to be totally unknown, think about it, because it could be the best thing to happen.. or it could totally suck ass :o

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 12:59 AM
It will be better to be totally unknown, think about it, because it could be the best thing to happen.. or it could totally suck ass :o

I don't think the WWE has much to lose, and they need something to freshen them up anyway.

I think the Cruiserweight Division could use a live crowd, though.

Afterlife
01-11-2005, 02:39 AM
I don't care who goes where, but if they do another draft, let's try to at least keep the draftees on the shows they're drafted to this time. I'm sure A-Train, Rico and Custom Chucky P can see what I'm getting at.

Heyman
01-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Anyway, what does everyone else think about the current/future rosters? Who should be together? Who should be seperated? Who should commentate?

To Smackdown:

-Edge
-Dave Batista
-Randy Orton
-Chris Jericho
-Christian
-Hurricane

To RAW
-Brock Lesnar (he'll come back....fingers crossed :)).
-John Cena
-Eddie Guerrero
-Luther Reigns
-Carlitto Carribbean Cool
-Orlando Jordan

-I think it would cause one helluva splash if so many "big names" made huge jumps.

Smackdown would be stacked with guys like Booker T, Big Show, RVD, Jericho, Edge, Orton, and Batista! This more be enough to compensate the losses of Taker and Angle (I'm willing to bet that theyre somewhat close to retiring).

Meanwhile - RAW has a set of new bitche...er opponents for Triple H and company. Cena, Guerrero, and Lesnar should provide Triple H, Benoit, and Shawn Michaels with some new and interesting feuds.

Benoit, HBK, and Kane can help guys like Luther Reigns, CCC, and Orlando Jordan further establish themselves.

I think this would be a good way to have an even balance on both rosters.

Heyman
01-17-2005, 12:29 AM
To Smackdown:

-Edge
-Dave Batista
-Randy Orton
-Chris Jericho
-Christian
-Hurricane

To RAW
-Brock Lesnar (he'll come back....fingers crossed :)).
-John Cena
-Eddie Guerrero
-Luther Reigns
-Carlitto Carribbean Cool
-Orlando Jordan

Wow.

I just realized how awesome Smackdown would be if my "plan" went into effect.

JBL, Batista, Orton, Jericho, Edge, RVD, Booker T, Big Show, Undertaker, Kurt Angle. That's pretty stacked right there....even if Taker/Angle retire.

RAW would have its fair share of main-event guys as well.

Triple H, Benoit, HBK, Guerrero, Cena, Lesnar, and Kane. Guys like Hussan, Matt Hardy, and CCC could also emerge.

p.s. After this...........they should have no more drafts IMO. If something like this goes into effect, the rosters for RAW/SD should be evenly balanced for quite awhile.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2005, 01:57 AM
That's some good draft work, Heyman. :y:

Heyman
01-17-2005, 02:00 AM
That's some good draft work, Heyman. :y:

I really do need to get a life. :-\

I need to get laid. :p

p.s. Thanks.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2005, 02:05 AM
I really do need to get a life. :-\

I need to get laid. :p

p.s. Thanks.

If I could screw you I would, Heyman. :kiss::love:

Nah, but seriosuly, I hope they are really planning a redraft, and GIVE SMACKDOWN! A CHANCE DAMMIT!