PDA

View Full Version : is it just me? or coincidence?

SukkaChump
01-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that almost anyone using the outsiders edge or some kind of varient of that in the WWE is pretty much screwed carrer wise?

i mean look at the people who used it, scott hall for one, he was in the WWE for a few months before he was released, though yes as razor ramone he used it well, but besides him lets look at the people who've more or less just died off in the company.

Mordecai, he used it and hes pretty much nowhere to be found at the moment

Sean O'haire... well that pretty much speaks for itself

Hired Hitman
01-08-2005, 06:11 AM
it's coincidence, because mordecai's character was a bit of a rippoff :$ and o'haire, well o'haire had a wicked goatee.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I'd say there's a little bit of a coincidence between them because the Razor's Edge is "Scott Hall's move". If Mordecai had a finsher of his own, he may have lasted just a little bit longer.

Scott Hall's second run speaks for itself, and Sean O'Haire, he had a few finishers, but like his move (or move name) was always changing, so was the WWE's opinion of him, as well as his gimmick.

Shaggy
01-08-2005, 10:41 AM
I never really gave a crap about Mordacai...

I was a big fan of Sean O'Hair back in the WCW days and I wished WWE could of figured out a way to use him. I loved his Sean Ton Bomb. I dont think he ever did it in WWE.

The Razors Edge has been one of my favorite finishers for the longest time. Ever since I saw Hall use it for the first time I have been doing it when ever me and my friends used to wrestle in the past. Its just luck that the people who have used it have led crap careers.

At Least Scott Hall is doing better.....right :shifty:?

James Steele
01-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Yup, He is a TNA ICON!

Not to mention he is sporting some pimpin' jogging suits...

:shifty:

SuperSlim
01-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Mordecai was cool. WWE just didn't like his popularity.

They knew O'Haire would be better than Triple H so they ditched him. Plus he had long hair like Tirple H and refused to cut it.

Hall? Well his WWE status wasn't going to last but in TNA he is the man in the joggin pants.

Crashnburn
01-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Mordecai was cool. WWE just didn't like his popularity.

They knew O'Haire would be better than Triple H so they ditched him. Plus he had long hair like Tirple H and refused to cut it.

:wtf:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :roll:

Disturbed316
01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
O'Haire is an awesome wrestler when they let him do his stuff. His build up videos were the best in a long time, and his finisher was pretty good. Shame he got injured in that acident and then released, he could have had some wicked feud with Cena over the US title.

SuperSlim
01-08-2005, 08:34 PM
:wtf:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :roll:

do you know what a sense of humor is?

Crashnburn
01-08-2005, 08:49 PM
O'Haire is an awesome wrestler when they let him do his stuff. His build up videos were the best in a long time, and his finisher was pretty good. Shame he got injured in that acident and then released, he could have had some wicked feud with Cena over the US title.

I'm not trashing O'Haire, I rather liked him and had ever since his debut in WCW. I was disagreeing with SuperSlim's comments about him being better than HHH. The problem with O'Haire in WWE is that he didn't wrestle like he use to in WCW. In between the two he was sent to OVW where the WWE officials, in their infinite wisdom (note the sarcasm), were making a big push for wrestlers to stop using high flying or risky moves and to go back to a more "traditional" style of wrestling which led to O'Haire, IMO, being very boring in the ring as he would lock in reverse chinlocks, sleeper holds, and headlocks repeatedly in matches. And what does WWE do when O'Haire is getting no reaction at all from the fans because he is wrestling the way that they want him to? They boot him out the door. WWE needs to re-evaluate their training programs and the way they use young talent. They need to realize that they can not give us the attitude era and then try to take us back to basic, traditional wrestling. I think that's all I have to say for now, so I will get off the soap box so some one else can have it.

Crashnburn
01-08-2005, 08:50 PM
do you know what a sense of humor is?

Yeah, I do. Let me know when you say something that is actually funny.

SuperSlim
01-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I do. Let me know when you say something that is actually funny.

bite me

Crashnburn
01-08-2005, 09:30 PM
bite me

LOL :lol: Now that's funny.

SuperSlim
01-08-2005, 09:31 PM
LOL :lol: Now that's funny.
and realize that I owe you nothin you insignificant waste of a poster.

come back soon. :D

Crashnburn
01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
and realize that I owe you nothin you insignificant waste of a poster.

come back soon. :D

You're one to talk, Mr. Bite Me. Talk about a childish, wasteful post. Tag you're it. :naughty:

Evolution
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Erm, Triple H has used it a couple of times, and I don't really think his career has suffered too much.