PDA

View Full Version : A Redeeming RAW?

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 03:07 AM
What would you see fit as a Redeeming RAW? What matches and storylines would you like to see to make up for the sub-par NYR. I don't regret watching the PPV, but I think we all realise that it was a bad start to the year for the WWE.

Here's how I'd have RAW turn out, in an attempt to make the WWE seem more of an appealing place:

World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
Story: Eric Bischoff pulls the name of one of the wrestlers in the Elimination Chamber match at New Year's Revolution to challenge Triple H in the main event for the World Heavyweight Championship. Eric Bischoff announces that it will be Triple H vs. Chris Jericho!
The Match: A good match between Triple H and Y2J, with chaos eventually breaking out. Eventually Jericho gets Triple H in the Walls of Jericho and Batista runs into the ring, only for him to stop in the corner, just like Triple H did at New Year's Revolution. Batista then fakes that he's hurt (like The Game) and then "falls" (Batista deliberately overacts) out of the ring only to start smiling and walking to the back. Triple H taps and the week after we can hear what in my mind will be a classic line; Batista telling Triple H "I still think you should have beaten Jericho.".

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Batista, Ric Flair & Simon Dean vs. Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton & Chris Benoit
The Story: Eric Bischoff signs this match as a way to punish Evolution for ruining his Chamber match last night, and forces them to team with a newcomer.
The Match: Edge runs in and Spears Michaels just as he is about to hit the Sweet Chin Music on Simon Dean. Dean then pins Michaels to give himself and Evolution the win.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Muhammad Hassan
The Story: Shelton Benjamin comes out and says he's on a roll, so he feels he can take anyone in the back on for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Muhammad Hassan answers his call for a worthy opponent.
The Match: The two hopefully have a fantastic match, and both guys "finishers", The Exploder and the Downward Spiral (I use finisher lightly, because he has only used it once to my knowledge) are kicked out of. Hassan takes a great Exploder after being caught off a double ax handle off the top rope. Hassan wins the match cleanly with The Finishing Touch. Benjamin then offers Hassan his hand, and Hassan in awe accepts.

Singles Match
William Regal vs. Maven
The Story: Eric Bischoff goes to strip William Regal and Eugene of the World Tag Team Championship, but William pleads that he be allowed to defend the titles with a partner of his choosing. Eric Bischoff gives him one week to choose a partner to work with Regal as one-half of the new World Tag Team Champions. Maven overhears this, and complains to Eric Bischoff that if Regal is allowed to hold the World Tag Team Championship, even though he doesn't have a partner, Maven should be able to win the World Tag Team Championship even though he doesn't have a partner. Coach agrees with Maven, saying that's fair (Coach is in Bischoff's office to ask if he can permanently join the RAW announce team as its third member). Bischoff agrees and signs this match, with the winner being given one week to choose a partner to become the new World Tag Team Champions.
The Match: Maven uses every trick he can, and eventually it is Regal's own brass knuckles trick that leads to Regal's downfall. Maven now has to find a partner in the next week to become the new World Tag Team Champions.

Singles Match
Christian vs. Rhyno
The Story: This match is announced along with pretty much most of the card when Bischoff addresses the RAW audience apologizing for the atrocity that was New Year's Revolution. They use the Evolution screwjob, and injuries as basis for this, but we'd take it another way.
The Match: Great match between two great superstars. Tyson Tomko goes to get involved, but he is intercepted stopped by Tajiri. Rhyno hits The Gore for the clean win.

Developements:
-Chris Jericho is the new World Heavyweight Champion (Heh, I wish).
-Batista gets Triple H back, without completely turning face.
-Simon Dean gets noticed, while Edge furthers his feud with Shawn Michaels.
-Muhammad Hassan is the new IC Champion, and a credible one at that, we also get him and Shelton striking a strange kind of friendship, which could lead to the Hassan we all wanted to see when he debuted.
-Maven gets to choose a partner to be apart of the new World Tag Team Champions (and has exactly one week to do so).
-A tag team feud between Rhyno & Tajiri and Christian & Tyson Tomko is started.
-Jonathan Coachman is added to the RAW announce-table as its third commentator.
-We see a video of large man in a large trenchcoat and hat in Snitsky's hospital room. We see him raise his head, and it is revealed to be Kane.

What would you like to see happen on RAW this week?

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Feel free to discuss the probability of a good RAW, as well.

Sting Fan
01-10-2005, 04:09 AM
They need to publicly execute the Raw writers and I will be happy. Right now I have no trouble with HHH as champ but what was the point of stripping him to have that happen It is complete bullshit and I blaim the writers not HHH.

Really I think a Jericho win now would be silly, I think if they want to get back fans they need to have a solid show with Batista getting a continued slow burn and then they need Batista to win the rumble, he need not turn yet and I think the EC was not his time either but stripping the title to give it back makes no sense.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 04:23 AM
They need to publicly execute the Raw writers and I will be happy. Right now I have no trouble with HHH as champ but what was the point of stripping him to have that happen It is complete bullshit and I blaim the writers not HHH.

Really I think a Jericho win now would be silly, I think if they want to get back fans they need to have a solid show with Batista getting a continued slow burn and then they need Batista to win the rumble, he need not turn yet and I think the EC was not his time either but stripping the title to give it back makes no sense.

I think having Jericho win the title no RAW would make the WWE seem more like "anything can happen". It won't happen, but I think it would be good. Batista continues the slow-burn, in my scenario, too, he just doesn't help Triple H like Triple H didn't help Batista at NYR. The very first segment of the next RAW has Batista say "Hey, I was just getting you back from NYR. I'm still a part of Evolution man, it's just I wish you would cut out this whole jealous thing because I've been getting a bit more attention recently. I promise you, when you get your rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship, I promise, you'll be World Champion for the 11th time."

Triple H gets his rematch at the Royal Rumble (with Jericho having strong matches leading up to the event, with him defending the title in each one). Batista interferes on Triple H's behalf, and he gets the World Championship for the 11th time. Batista then wins the Rumble, and Triple H vs. Batista is set, and we all know what is going to happen, but they continue the slow burn.

I-Hate-You
01-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Jericho is never going to win the World Title again.

Dave Youell
01-10-2005, 08:07 AM
The only way Raw can redeem itself after last night crapfest is if Bret Hart comes out and announces he's back to wrestle full time

Loose Cannon
01-10-2005, 09:51 AM
JERICHO IS NOT WINNING THE TITLE.

Mister Sinister
01-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Or if Brian Pillman, comes back from the grave and appears, and no I don't mean, appears like Katie Vick did...

Innovator
01-10-2005, 11:13 AM
The Office Plant could write a better PPV

With that having been said, we will have a 20 minute Evolution promo, someone will talk about HHH not saving Batista during the 3 count, staredown ensures but nothing will get solved

Christian needs to dump Tomko

Tomko vs. Shitsky in a green house effect match. Winner is known as the greenest wrestler alive.

The CyNick
01-10-2005, 12:36 PM
They need to make people care about more people than the main event guys.

They have to set up a title match for the Rumble, so they'll probably have some #1 contenders match. Or maybe they'll just go right to Orton-HHH, with some stip. Or maybe we'll get real lucky and get HBK vs HHH!!

Innovator
01-10-2005, 12:38 PM
They need to make people care about more people than the main event guys.

They have to set up a title match for the Rumble, so they'll probably have some #1 contenders match. Or maybe they'll just go right to Orton-HHH, with some stip. Or maybe we'll get real lucky and get HBK vs HHH!!
don't give them ideas!

Shaggy
01-10-2005, 03:28 PM
For the love of God I no longer want to see Triple H fight Orton or Shawn Michaels....A person can only take so much.

Corkscrewed
01-10-2005, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't have Hassan accept Shelton's hand. Sort of detracts from his character IMO.

Btw, what exactly is the Finishing Touch (i.e. how's the move go?). I'm not too knowledgeable on Mark Magnus.

KingofOldSchool
01-10-2005, 04:14 PM
That Raw would suck.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't have Hassan accept Shelton's hand. Sort of detracts from his character IMO.

Btw, what exactly is the Finishing Touch (i.e. how's the move go?). I'm not too knowledgeable on Mark Magnus.

According to what I heard from COE (The master of OVW knowledge), I think it starts off as a arm wringer, but then he uses his elbow to drive them down to the canvas. Sort of like a bulldog I guess, but it's sold like death touched them, and he pulls it off pretty fast, I think.

LOL, I'm just putting all this together from COE's description and reprots I've heard where the report goes "That has to be the best finisher ever!".

I would probably have Muhammad Hassan look shocked, and have Khosrow start screaming "Don't do it! It's a trick! He'll strip search you!" to Muhammad, but Hassan does in sort of a "WTF?" moment.

Then on the next RAW he tells us Shelton Benjamin is the only American with enough sense to change after Muhammad has stood up for Arab-Americans. Then he says something heelish directed at Benjamin about how the only language his culture understands is violence, due to years of descrimination against African-Americans, and Muhammad had to kick his ass to prove his point.