PDA

View Full Version : Phantom of the Opera

Mr. Monday Morning
01-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Dunno, I'm guessing not many (if any) people here will have seen this but I thought I'd throw it up there anyway.

Haven't seen the musical, had no idea what to expect coming in. Even though it felt very long (2 1/2 hours), I gotta say the production design was stunning, and the singing was pretty damn good (again I can't compare to the stage version but it seemed pretty good to me). Only thing I would say is that some of the songs are good, while others feel like they go on *forever* and it's not good when that happens. But, overall, a decent flick, and a pretty damn good spectacle.

Also, Emmy Rossum and Jennifer Ellison are hot :love:

RoXer
01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
We're actually doing a number of Phantom songs in our concet band. I knida want to go see it.

ericbisch
01-14-2005, 02:59 AM
yeh saw this film and was not dissapointed. again didnt know what to except but it left me pretty speecheless. gerry butler absolutely killed as the phantom showing emotion in his voice and made you feel sorry for the guy. Emmy Rossum and Patrick Wilson also did very well as christine and raoul respectively.

Disturbed316
01-14-2005, 12:48 PM
I saw the film a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great. I walked in expecting to fall asleep and just be bored out my head, but I quite enjoyed it. Next Thursday I'm going to London to see the stage version, so I can now compare the two.

Shaggy
01-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Im willing to see any movie thats out....certain ones I might wait to see but basically I will watch any movie that comes out but I havnt had a chance to see this yet. I heard that it was really good and doesnt let down anyone. I wanted to see it because the look of it was so cool in the previews and stuff.

Lara Emily
01-15-2005, 12:46 AM
It's fantastic, seen it 5 times now. The sets, the acting (especially Gerard Butler) , the choreography, the synchronization, were all amazing. The singing was a different take on the musical and it worked.

Corkscrewed
01-24-2005, 12:30 AM
I finally saw it today and absolutely loved it. There are some minor criticisms about certain parts of the music and the singing, but they didn't do much harm to me. My only real gripe was the claps and electric guitar during "Phantom of the Opera." But the story was awesome and I liked the 1917/1870 interplays. I've never seen the play, so I don't know if that's the same case.

The score was awesome, with the full orchestra and such. Emmy Rossum and Jennifer Ellison are indeed very, very cute and the movie as a whole was beautiful and emotional and one of my favorites of the year.

Boondock Saint
01-24-2005, 01:20 AM
I liked it. Bit draggy in the middle. And it felt awkward how they'd speak a line or two then go right back to singing.

Other than that, good stuff.

yianni
02-11-2005, 10:40 PM
I saw it last week and I thought it was sensational, though a little bit too long.