PDA

View Full Version : Offical Smackdown 7 Thread.

Volchok
01-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Okay Smackdown Vs. Raw was a little disappointing, basically same as the Smackdown 6 Thread... post some stuff you would improve or take out of the game to make it the Ultimate Wrestling Game... figured i'd start this since the other Smackdown thread is dead..

First off TAKE OUT BRA AND PANTIES MATCHES!!!!!!!! thank you...

SuperSlim
01-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I think this is very very early for doing this thread man. I would at least wait a few more months and until some info on the new game comes out.

Volchok
01-13-2005, 10:38 PM
true.. but still.. we could atleast talk about what we want in/out of it... :-\

Hired Hitman
01-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I would rather The creators delete the whole C.A.W. system they have right now and go back to how they did things in No Mercy, have the player select a body type, face and clothes from a Wrestler in the game. or if not the whole thing, let them make a few custom body types the same way they made the characters in the game.

I don't mind if there are only 20 shirts, 20 pants or whatever to select, it's better than all the crappy parts they have now, they have imported parts from the last 3 games and with each import into the next game the quality of the tattoos and pictures have gone downhill they are all blocky and shit.

It would be awesome to place Edges coat or Bret Harts LEather Jacket on your created superstar when he make shis enterance, how about a good pair of jeans or leather pants like tajiri's.

Get rid of the whole voice over thing, it must have taken a long time for them to record and took up a lot of disk space not to mension the voice overs sounded so scripted. so scrap it.

Make half the shopzone something great instead of Bra and Panties for the women, I mean come on, We're not that into gaming :| (same with all the female tops in C.A.W. who the hell makes women in underwear, sick freaks)

The story mode needs to be smooth without the feeling that it's looping, maybe something that starts off like you're only wrestling a match each week then judged by what you do (dirty moves or clean moves) the story will change into you wanting respect or whatever, have it random selected like that.

Have all the championships.

The Belts need to be cheaper or atleast increase with value quicker.( I played 100 matches with a championship and it only went up about 5 grand.)

More current superstars, more new moves and finishers from the indies, fairer move power (Styles Clash having only two blocks of power when it's better than the worm etc)

a new weapon select system where you can select which weapons you want to be able to grab from under the ring by selecting what you will grab via the C.A.W. menu (you know, like top of ring - table, left side of ring - ladder, right side of ring - chair, bottom side of ring- ladder etc)

more ladders and tables in TLC matches.

man what else... more custom taunts... take soemthing from RAW and use the whole create an enterance option, create a move option would be great and for online play let any match be selected instead of just a single match.

Tornado
01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Put in the entrance maker from Day of Reckoning, it was the best thing about that game.

V
01-14-2005, 04:18 PM
CAW in DOR was also a lot better than SvR.. so was the gameplay..

OssMan
01-14-2005, 05:11 PM
SMACKDOWN IS DUM
WRESTLING IS DUM
PLAYSTATION IS DUM
NEED A NEW PLAYSTATION
OMG

Nervous Ferret
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
avant-garde bullshit

Head
01-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I fail to see how taking out a feature in itself would improve a game.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Actually be able to give custom belts to people.
Add a door to the cage(!!!)
Hard & Smackdown (Legend) difficult = better AI, not just a computer player posessed by Stu Hart.
No more voiceovers and a story mode you can play more than twice.

Hardkore Kidd J
01-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I actually like the voiceover part.

WHat I would add is if they have the parking lot brawl at least add more. [can take weapons out of trunks and stuff try to run opponent over etc.etc.]

More types of weapons.

Boiler room matches

Coffin match

Something on a pole match.

Graveyard match

Ambulance match

More superstars other then that it's all good.

The Answer
01-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Actually be able to give custom belts to people.
Add a door to the cage(!!!)
Hard & Smackdown (Legend) difficult = better AI, not just a computer player posessed by Stu Hart.
No more voiceovers and a story mode you can play more than twice.[

That would be to easy

Joe Kerr
01-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Just dont have high hopes for the game and you wont be disapointed.

HCTP in my opinon was way better than SvR. Id like for them to put a full roster in not just a dozen guys from each show. put all the belts back in the game not just 2 per a show. I like the old NO Mercy try storyline where ever action leads to a new path. in the end you could have 15 differnt stories per 1 belt. Now is THQ still doing the game last I heard they were being sued by WWE.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-14-2005, 08:13 PM
That would be two easy

Not if it's done right.

SuperSlim
01-14-2005, 09:41 PM
aight I'ma attempt to run my gauntl;et but I nkow I'ma leave some stuff out:

1. remove bra and panties... the is the most worthless mode on the entire game. Who cares about rippin the divas clothes off?

2. when you create a belt and when it with a certain character. Let that character become champion. I.E. only that character can defend it. NOt you win it with this character then have to remember who it was and do it again over and over.

3. Let us create tag titles!

4. When the AI controls CAW wrestlers, don't make them idiots that pose and taunt every 15 seconds. I mean I put the difficulty on Legend and they are the most retarded wrestlers I've ever watched and it is freakin irritating.

5. Make the AI smarter. Legend difficulty is like easy level only it takes a little more to hurt the opponent. They are still the stupid idiots they were before.

6. remove voice overs totally. Or do it right.

7. Create an entrance. On DOR man my entrance was tight. It was on fire. I loved that mode.

8. more updated roster. Sable been gone for so long and yet she was still on the game? why?

9. Make the CAW attire/tattoos better. These sucked majorly. HCTP had better designs and everything.

10. Let the CAW walk out with Bret's jacket, and other wrestlers entrance gear.

11. Better legends! I mean havin Bret was a dream come true. Havin Andre was awesome. Superfly will always be cool. Rock is not a freakin legend! Noone and their momma care about Brutus Beefcake so keep him off! Mankind, as good as he is, that character is not a legend. Legend Taker is about as retarded as Masked Kane. Both retarded ideas. LOD... I'm mixed about that one. Piper... meh.

12. All the titles available. Not just two from each show.

13. Allow us to defend the titles in exhibition mode as well.

14. Improve story mode greatly. HCTP's story mode was nice. DOR and SVR both had extremely crappy one track storymodes... well two track. If Raw then it was the exact same thing as it was on SmackDown, just different characters.

Well that's my gauntlet for now. More to come.

Volchok
01-14-2005, 10:49 PM
I bet next game Triple H will be a legend.. either the DX Triple H or the Greenwich Blue Blood Triple H... either way i see it happening...

OssMan
01-14-2005, 10:54 PM
"two easy" LOL

Funky Fly
01-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Put in the entrance maker from Day of Reckoning, it was the best thing about that game.
Indeed. My only issue is that the camera placement during the entrances were god awful. They should make it so that you can have an angle from all 360 degrees, select how far you pan left or right and how much you zoom in or out. It would make that part really easy.

Kalyx triaD
01-15-2005, 02:22 AM
This is way too early. But in the spirit of things...

More superstars, SvR was a step back in the number of superstars. Mind you this is for the few that play with lower card wrestlers, as developers assume the bigger stars are the ones people wanna play the most.

How do wrestlers who normally act up on TV be so horrible with their own voice work? Do it right or don't do it at all. Other than that the season mode was actually nice.

CABelt, like all the other CA's, should be free of charge; and not insanely expensive.

Legends was a cute gimmick for two years, but no more, thank you.

How about Classic Music in the CAWrestler music selection. Assuming this would come out for PS3 and the game will be printed on the Blu Ray Disc whatever, they ought to be able to stuff the game full of music and such.

More interaction in the following matches: Cage, E Chamber, HIAC, Ladder. The interaction in that hallway during the season hardcore matches was crazy fun and featured some wicked stunts. Why wasn't this inventiveness taken to older matches?

Movies-Moves-Music. This has to end. Every other wrestling game improved on the CAEntrance, get with the times, Yukes.

I can deal with no CAMove, but a Move Editor would be nice.

Since WM21's gonna smoke SvR's online mode quite easily, I expect the next Smackdown! to bounce back with more match types, more players allowed, and maybe a league type season mode that I ALREADY mapped out almost last year.

Hired Hitman
01-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Oh Right, take out all the custom music, they SUCK, put in some old themes like Kalyx said.

Also how about a hardcore royal rumble :drool: I loved those in No Mercy.

PorkSoda
01-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah, hardcore royal rumbles. :drool:

Create-A-Move or a feature like that would be interesting.

To make the next one better, develop the season mode just like HCTP with the records and all that. Get new storylines as well and get rid of the voice overs.

Add all the titles.

Here is something that really bothers me: They should take out the feature where you can submit to headlocks and those so little submission moves that nobody cares about, like a small leglock. I hate having being involved in a really awesome and important match and getting in an headlock and giving up. Anyone else think thats stupid?

They should include EVERYONE on the current rosterl Everyone including Rosey, Paul London, Akio, Nunzio, Shannon Moore, Spike Dudley, Kidman, Lita, everyone. I remember that Smackdown Shut Your Mouth had a killer roster, make it like that.

Head
01-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Noone and their momma care about Brutus Beefcake so keep him off!
No.

And most of the ideas everyone is coming up with are completly unrealistic, and would never all be possible on PS2.

Hired Hitman
01-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Who said anything about a PS2? :shifty:

Mike the Metal Ed
01-15-2005, 01:26 PM
No.

And most of the ideas everyone is coming up with are completly unrealistic, and would never all be possible on PS2.

They all seem pretty reasonable to me.

MVP
01-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I probably won't even get it because of how much SvR sucks.

AJHayes
01-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Scrap the WWE idea and just make it ECW?

Kalyx triaD
01-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Scrap the WWE idea and just make it ECW?

An ECW game for the PS3 years after it's closing. Say that a bunch of times in your head to see how stupid that really sounds. I loved ECW, but we gotta be realistic here.

SuperSlim
01-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I would also like the ability to choose who will be on both shows and who I want competing and who I can take off.. much like HCTP's season.

Volchok
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
yeah HCTP's season is freakin awesome.. im playing it now.. i love how the season starts off with the ring crew setting up and your alone in the ring.. pretty cool. Looking back at the HCTP roster.. SVR Roster is nothing...

Mike the Metal Ed
01-21-2005, 05:03 PM
An ECW game for the PS3 years after it's closing. Say that a bunch of times in your head to see how stupid that really sounds. I loved ECW, but we gotta be realistic here.

*PS2

Disturbed316
01-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Legends of Wrestling had a door in the cage match and had a good system on how to get out of it. Probably the only good thing the LOW series had, other than the amount of legends.

Getting rid of Bra + Panties wont make any difference, I'm not bothered if they keep it in or take it out.

Better season mode. I could play HCTP's season so many times, I haven't touched SvR's since the second week I got the game.

Make the AI better will be a god send.

The create an enterance would be interesting.

All I can think of for now.

Kalyx triaD
01-21-2005, 07:38 PM
*PS2

:roll:

El Santo
01-21-2005, 09:31 PM
"Rumble Roses" has an interesting heel/face system. In that game, depending on your faceness/heelishness, your character donned different clothes and had different movesents. I'd love to see this aspect in a new Smackdown! game. Yukes was involved in "Rumble Roses" as well (it definitely showed; many of the moves looked like it came straight from Smackdown!). So if the WWE ever manages to forgive THQ for stealing their money, I'd go with the whole face/heel thing.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-21-2005, 09:32 PM
:roll:

Yeah, forget I mentioned it, what we really need is people discussing this game under the impression its the first PS3 WWE game, no big detail.

Kenny
01-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I think they should have the matches go a bit slower, and I think that the damage should be shown a little better. For instance, very few people are going to kick out after being thrown off of the Hell in a Cell. But the problem is it's so easy to fall off of the cell. So fix it. Here are things I think they should do to make the game play better.

Add a "ring out" meter to the hell in a cell. It can be used while on top to be thrown off of the cage.

Have moves through tables, moves off of the stage, and extremely high risk moves impliment more damage and cause the opponent to stay down longer.

If you beat the opponent too bad the ref will stop the match and call out EMT's to take the opponent away on a stretcher. Then you'll have the option to attack them while on the stretcher.

Kalyx triaD
01-22-2005, 10:31 PM
If you beat the opponent too bad the ref will stop the match and call out EMT's to take the opponent away on a stretcher. Then you'll have the option to attack them while on the stretcher.

That's like adding an imprisonment mode in fighting games for fighting in public. Let's not get too realistic here.

PorkSoda
01-26-2005, 09:27 PM
When will they start making the next Smackdown game? Is the gap between the games about a year or so?

Disturbed316
01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
They are most likely already in the process of making the new one. They said that after HCTP, they almost started making SvR once it came out. We should here some news on the new game in about June/July.

Kane Knight
01-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Gameplay that makes the game worth more than 10 minutes of play.

a CAW that doesn't make most of the CAWs look more fake than Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger (They can't be REAL, can they?).

A season mode that isn't so passé.

A few textures people actually might choose on CAW.

Kill voiceovers. Nobody sounds good anyway.

I-Hate-You
01-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Please make there be more storylines.

Please.

There's like three/four storylines in SD v. RAW and that's it.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET THE LEGENDS PLAYABLE IN CAREER MODE!!!