PDA

View Full Version : Looks like 3PW is out of business

Dave Youell
01-16-2005, 01:48 PM
3PW runs final show after owner Jasmin St. Claire no-shows own event
» Reported by Bob Magee of WrestleView.com
» On Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 12:51 PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Courtesy: PWBTS.com)

3PW returned to the ECW Arena in what appears to be the promotion's last show after a nearly three year history.

Things started going south earlier in the week when Joey Matthews quitthe company this week after not being reimbursed for his drive all the way from Louisville, KY to Philadelphia for the event cancelled in December because of what was reported as Jasmin St. Claire's sick mother. When these expenses weren’t reimbursed, Matthews quit.

It became clear after arriving at the building that something was very wrong...as 3PW owner Jasmin St. Claire was nowhere to be found. Neither was booker Tod Gordon, who left the ECW Arena prior to the show after being made aware that there was not money to pay the workers on hand.

As late as 8:00 pm, the original scheduled starting time of the event, there was a very real possibility that the show might not take place. 3PW owner Jasmin St. Claire's non-appearance left Brian "Blue Meanie" Heffron holidng the bag for the actions (whatever they were or are) of St. Claire in the seeming dissolution of the promotion. Promoter of record Chuck Williams also helped re-book the show and organize things backstage.

It was said by more than one person that the workers largely agreed to work out of respect to Brian Heffron...and to no one else. I'll clearly say that there are very few respected as much as Brian is. Nothing that happened last night did or will change that for me, having known Brian for 15 years. I suspect the same is true for everyone in that locker room.

No-shows included: Low-Ki (who is reported to have kicked a hole in the Arena's backdoor after being told of the situation at the building...a fact that he also had apparently been told of beforehand. I saw the door being replaced as I was backstage), Mike Kruel, Gary Wolf and Jack Victory arrived then left. Fly-ins Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles arrived later than expected, but did arrive.

It needs to be said that ALL the workers worked their tails off for what had to be slim payoffs, after what was reported to have been payoffs to workers off the live gate alone. They were taking bumps that were insane under the circumstances (with the TNA workers also working like hell, but being smarter, given tonight's PPV)

The results of the totally re-shuffled card were:

N8 Mattson pinned Monsta Mack.

Don E. Allen won a Battle Royal, with the stipulation that the winner became the referee for Bra and Panties Match. Participants included Damian Adams, Monsta Mack, Rockin' Rebel, The Blue Meanie, C.J. O'Doyle, N8 Mattson, Simon Diamond and Roadkill

Roadkill defeated Simon Diamond by pinfall

The Blue Meanie beat Damian Adams

April Hunter and Talia went to a no-contest in a Bra and Panties match

The Rockin' Rebel pinned C.J. O'Doyle.

3PW champion Christopher Daniels defeated Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, and Slyck Wagner Brown in a Four-Way, pinning Slyk Wagner Brown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back To WrestleView.com

Can't say I care really as i'd prefer to watch CZW (that's right CZW) than that lot

KayfabeMan
01-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Can't say that I'm surprised.

Jasmine is totally unprofessional, and walking out leaving Meanie to deal with her mess just proves that. Props to the boys for working the show as a favor to him, but a huge FU to her to doing that. That is the typical promoter BS that ruins the business in alot of places / in general.

Joey Matthews is a solid talent and a good guy, and to screw him over like that is BS. Then to leave the rest of the lockerroom with their hands on their asses is icing on a cake of unprofessionalistic bullcrap. Too bad to see 3PW go, as I'm sure it'll hurt some guys not having extra work, but if you're not going to pay anyone anyway.....

Also, someone please fucking run Low Ki over with a car. I can't stand him.

mike627
01-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Damn,bet Raven is enjoying this news!

The Fugitive
01-16-2005, 05:15 PM
May I ask what your beef is with Low Ki?

Innovator
01-16-2005, 05:19 PM
he can't comprehend how selling other's moves and taking punishment can get you over

The Fugitive
01-16-2005, 05:35 PM
he can't comprehend how selling other's moves and taking punishment can get you over
News to me. Mind you, I don't really actively watch wrestling anymore, so I have to take other's people's word for it now.

LK
01-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Damn,bet Raven is enjoying this news!
What do you mean by that?

mitch_h
01-16-2005, 06:27 PM

Yea he was at squared circle about a week ago... total dick. It's a shame because he is so fucking good in the ring.

KayfabeMan
01-16-2005, 07:05 PM
May I ask what your beef is with Low Ki?

Sure.

I don't like him as a person, because he tends to believe that he is actually Low Ki (ala Bill Goldberg). He acts like a total dick to most fans, and lots of workers as well. Just a guy that I don't really like, because he's not likeable.

I also am not a fan of his in ring work, as Low Ki is mostly internet hype and self supplied BS. He can do all the flips and kicks & stupid shit that he wants and / or needs to do, but he can't wrestle. He also offers little in the way of selling and helping to get the other guy over. It's me, me, me with him.

Ferocious
01-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Aside from him being a wanker the Hanging Dragon looks pretty sweet though.

The Fugitive
01-17-2005, 05:06 AM
Ah, Goldberg 2.0.

Thanks for the insight, people.