PDA

View Full Version : Will WWE ever be WWF again?

V
01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
This is something i've always wondered ever since they had to convert to WWE because of some stupid pandas.

Anyone think 'World Wrestling Entertainment' (which just doesn't have any ring to it) will ever be 'World Wrestling Federation' (which sounds so fucking perfect) again?

I know it's not likely, but say something happens, like WWE offers a shit load of money to get the name, the fund goes out of business, they find a loop whole and get it back. Just anything like that.

The name change has fucked so much up, having to blur old videos, searching on the internet for old stuff is harder now.. and so much more.

Anyone think there's a chance?

"why would they think people would confuse a WWF superstar with a damn panda"
-Tazz

Ferocious
01-16-2005, 06:56 PM
It will not happen ever.

Partly due to the length of time the World Wildlife Fuckers got the acronym. and partly because it would take the WWE alot of money to remarket as WWF again.

The CyNick
01-16-2005, 09:10 PM
WWE..........still makes me laugh

Vince is a dumbass.

The Answer
01-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Sure it can happen.Get a rifle and start shooting wildlife especiallly those Panda's(kidding :rofl: )

V
01-16-2005, 10:43 PM
the fund is so stupid it's ridiculous

they say they want people to think wildlife fund when they hear WWF, thinking it would improve thier company, but all it's doing is getting wrestling fans to hate them.

they are supposed to be a face organization but did a major heel turn by screwing the 'wwe' :'(

Gerard
01-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Well i remember mcmahon being on byte this, he said that he preferred WWF to WWE and theyre meant to have an appeal in against the name change so its possible eventually i suppose.

Afterlife
01-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Here's what I totally can not understand: Let's say my name is Walter William Flaggerty. One day, a man named Wilhelm Wesley Flannagan tells me I can no longer carry my name because we share the innitials. I thereby, under a court ruling, change my name to Walter William E-aggerty. My question is...did I just get sued because I had the same damn innitials as another person? Because, if I did...how the hell is that possible?

Lara Emily
01-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Here's what I totally can not understand: Let's say my name is Walter William Flaggerty. One day, a man named Wilhelm Wesley Flannagan tells me I can no longer carry my name because we share the innitials. I thereby, under a court ruling, change my name to Walter William E-aggerty. My question is...did I just get sued because I had the same damn innitials as another person? Because, if I did...how the hell is that possible?

There's a difference between a name of a person and a name of a business/corporation/organization, your initals as a person are generally not copywrited, a business name is.

Sepholio
01-17-2005, 05:19 AM
The fund people should have just made WWE slap a disclaimer on a black screen for about 5 seconds before their televised shows, saying something along the lines of this: This broadcast is in no way affiliated with the World Wildlife Fund. For more information on the World Wildlife Fund, please contact them at (insert website/phone number here).

That way, WWF could have kept their name, and the World Wildlife Fund would have been getting somewhat of a boost in exposure from the disclaimer.

Hired Hitman
01-17-2005, 05:29 AM
Should have used WWFE with a small E as small as the TradeMark logo... or not.

It's obvious the World Wildlife Fund needed a fanbase boost (for what reason go after a WRESTLING federation) but lets think about this for a second... doesn't WWE sound better for a Wildlife Group? "World Wildlife Environment" doesn't that sound so much cooler than Fund, after all it's about saving the wildlife and then Environment...

Hired Hitman
01-17-2005, 05:39 AM
There's a difference between a name of a person and a name of a business/corporation/organization, your initals as a person are generally not copywrited, a business name is.
What if Walter William Flaggerty made a take-away shop called "W.W.F's Chicken" or whatever?

Nowhere Man
01-17-2005, 06:24 AM
I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. The question at hand should be if the product can re-gain the same quality and fanbase it once had, not if it can re-gain the initials.

But, just for the record, WWF had a nicer ring to it, and I don't think it would be particularly hard to get the rights back.

Jonster
01-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Didn't Vince McMahon have an agreement with the WWF though not to use the initials as the main thing or something like?

Xero
01-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Changing the WWE to the WWF would be ridiculous right now. The WWF is gone and now it's the WWE. I'm used to it. It won't change, because there's no reason for it to change, especially since they're going into entertainment anyway (movies, etc.). Do you think that "WWF" would bring back the fans? I don't think so. The only thing that would bring back fans is new storylines, angles, and wrestlers, not a name change.

However, they should get the rights not to call something "WWF", but to get the rights so they can legally say "WWF" on air and not blur out logos.

What I don't get, and if someone knows this, fill me in, is why the block WWF letters are legal for the WWE to use (they don't blur them out), but the scratch WWF logo isn't? Does it have something to do with the copyright that they currently held at the time of the suit? I don't get it.