PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed Championship Query

The Show Off
01-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Just recently I was at f.y.e. and I picked up a WWF DVD. It was Vengence from 2001 which was when Jericho, Austin, Angle, and The Rock all vied for the WWF Undisputed Championship. This got me thinking.

I've been a fan of the roster split since it's inception, however, what I was thinking if this roster split were to end today who would be the men you would vie for this Undisputed Championship? Would you just do a straight up match between John Bradshaw Layfield versus Triple H or would you make it a tornament to deside the World Championship? Or it could be desided in a Elimination Chamber. What would be all of your ideas to make a new Undisputed Champion if this roster split were to end today?

Basically, my idea would be similar to the Deadly Games Tournament from Survivor Series 1998, however the Tournament I would propose would take place over sevral weeks culminating at a PPV, prefrably Wrestlemania. And to make it so it isn't totally unfair to the current champions, they'd get a first round bye. This is how I'd set it up...

Roung 1

Seed 1: TRIPLE H v. Seed 16: n/a
Winner: TRIPLE H

Seed 8: THE UNDERTAKER v. Seed 9: EDGE
Winner: THE UNDERTAKER

Seed 4: KURT ANGLE v. Seed 13: CHRIS JERICHO
Winner: CHRIS JERICHO

Seed 5: BATISTA v. Seed 12: JOHN CENA
Winner: JOHN CENA

Seed 6: BIG SHOW v. Seed 11: CHRIS BENOIT
Winner: BIG SHOW

Seed 3: RANDY ORTON v. Seed 14: BOOKER T
Winner: RANDY ORTON

Seed 7: SHAWN MICHAELS v. Seed 10: EDDIE GUERRERO
Winner: SHAWN MICHAELS

Seed 2: JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD v. Seed 15: n/a
Winner: JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD

Quarter Finals

Seed 1: TRIPLE H v. Seed 8: THE UNDERTAKER
Winner: TRIPLE H

Seed 13: CHRIS JERICHO v. Seed 12: JOHN CENA

Seed 6: BIG SHOW v. Seed 3: RANDY ORTON

Seed 7: SHAWN MICHAELS v. Seed 2: JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD
Winner: JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD

Semi-Finals

Seed 1: TRIPLE H v. Seed 12: JOHN CENA

Seed 3: RANDY ORTON v. Seed 2: JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD

Finals

Seed 12: JOHN CENA v. Seed 3: RANDY ORTON

Fox
01-17-2005, 11:35 PM
First of all, you posted the thread twice.

I would do one of three things:

1) Royal Rumble for the Title: Hold the annual Royal Rumble as it always is, but put the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line. However, I would make this one of the biggest and best Royal Rumbles ever, with every elimination and every angle booked to the smallest detail, and running it for over an hour and a half, with the last two men (probably Triple H and John Cena) going for a good 10 minutes. Triple H wins the title, and Cena chases him til WrestleMania XXIII before picking up the win.

2) Tournament: Have several qualifying matches on RAW and Smackdown, ending with 8 men vying for the belt at WrestleMania. I would probably have it look something like this:

ROUND 1

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit: HHH
Edge vs. Chris Jericho: Jericho

Booker T vs. JBL: Booker T
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena: Cena

ROUND 2

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho: Jericho

John Cena vs. Booker T: Cena

ROUND 3

Chris Jericho vs. John Cena: Jericho

3) World War 3: After WrestleMania XXII, Vince McMahon announces that the brands are going to be brought back together, and to decide a single World Champion, WCW's World War 3 is going to be brought back at Backlash (renamed World War 3). Three rings, 60 men, one champion. Probably Jericho or Triple H.

V
01-17-2005, 11:47 PM
change the winner to John Cena and that is a hottttttttt idea

some REALLY good matches in there.

The Icon of Elisim
01-18-2005, 12:04 AM
WWE would never do that since it is essentially giving away 13 big matches over a couple shows

I would expect a 6 man tournament instead of 14 with the champs getting the byes. That way they have time to build up the matches.

Although I thought that Survivor Series was great and one of my personal favs ever, WWE would never go with that kind of format now. Especially with 14 guys there that are all legit main eventers. Part of the reason that Deadly Games worked was because it had a lot of midcarders in there

Dave Youell
01-18-2005, 11:12 AM
LOL, what are the odds of Trips jobbing in the semi's honeslty? 10000000/1?